• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Shiiiit, good luck finding anything. I like the private investigation angle, but there could easily be no way to find the dial's maker.
You're right about that, because this particular Hero dial has no maker.

It's existence is an Ouroboros paradox where it just appears 50,000 years in the past because in the future it's sent back in time by one of the super-powered individuals it creates.

Thank you, corrected.

I do assess these purely in terms of the spelling mistakes.

Well, I did mean the 'moving along the plot' aspect as well. Wrapping up Hamill's police-related situation, OL and Zatanna discussing the search for the Dial, and Robin's angle on the 'previous owner' possibility.

Still feels weird to read 'Starfire' and think of the nice Russian lad rather than the lovely orange space girl. :)

And you're problem seems to be that you think you're funny.

Perhaps buy a book of knock knock jokes to get yourself started.
...right, new forum.

Zoat's attitude towards the New 52 is well-established and legendary. That's...pretty much one of his standard responses to any mention of the New 52/Post-Flashpoint universe, the other being acting as if the post, or section of post, referring to such was mysteriously blank.

(Also, 'your'.)

I do assess these purely in terms of the spelling mistakes.
What other criterion could we possibly assess these in terms of?

Starfire is looking around the bottom of the river and she's also helping Robin check the rubble.
Maybe he's just that enthusiastic.

Nah, it's obviously a missing semicolon after the word "problem".

Well, I did mean the 'moving along the plot' aspect as well. Wrapping up Hamill's police-related situation, OL and Zatanna discussing the search for the Dial, and Robin's angle on the 'previous owner' possibility.

Still feels weird to read 'Starfire' and think of the nice Russian lad rather than the lovely orange space girl. :)

Zoat should really go for the hat trick and include the third Starfire as well.

Anyway, considering Truggs used a dial to time travel to the present but broke it, I'm kind of surprised Paul hasn't given a call to demand the remains, either to figure out how it works and track down the modern equivalent.

Just because Truggs couldn't fix it doesn't mean that someone in Paul's rolodex can't.

Zoat's attitude towards the New 52 is well-established and legendary. That's...pretty much one of his standard responses to any mention of the New 52/Post-Flashpoint universe, the other being acting as if the post, or section of post, referring to such was mysteriously blank.

And it's not funny when he does it either.

And also didn't stop him from ignoring the New God's pre-flashpoint origins to make them work far more like their post-flashpoint version, including Thanagarians who didn't debut until after flashpoint, or making Kon mean Abomination in Kryptonian instead of being a family name in the House of EL.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I think people are going too obvious with the Paul name guesses. If it was something with "Candle" in the name, it'd be too easy for Zoat to have given us a clue. My guess is Paul Sheraga.

I think people are going too obvious with the Paul name guesses. If it was something with "Candle" in the name, it'd be too easy for Zoat to have given us a clue. My guess is Paul Sheraga.
If you can find a Canadian sound and lighting engineer by that name then I might take that guess a little more seriously.
It's basically me, a Conservative Counsellor and a Canadian sound and lighting engineer.

What is a "Counsellor"? Googling it suggests that it's a literal counsellor, but given it's capitalized I'd figure it's a English government-related title, like Senator for the States. But I can't seem to find anything like that on google.

...right, new forum.

Yeah, he has the same sort of opinion of it that I do, but is more emphatic and even less willing to give the benefit of the doubt than I am (and I don't offer very much).

EDIT: Oh, yeah, for those wanting to talk about snake vaginas and other sex-related things in Zoat's YJ setting, look for his thread (With This Ring - In Praise of Eros) in NSFW. Indeed, you should look for it anyway, because it's got some cool sexy posts. Not linking because I've forgotten whether we're allowed to, but the Search function here works well enough.

Last edited:
What is a "Counsellor"? Googling it suggests that it's a literal counsellor, but given it's capitalized I'd figure it's a English government-related title, like Senator for the States. But I can't seem to find anything like that on google.

"Councillor," member of a local governing body in the UK. The equivalent of city councils in the US I think.

I found a list of more than 20,000 of them, including a couple hundred Pauls. None jumped out as having a peculiar last name related to candles.

I found a list of more than 20,000 of them, including a couple hundred Pauls. None jumped out as having a peculiar last name related to candles.
That was my idea too, but did Zoat mean that those are the people who share his first and last name, or only his last name? It could be he just has a extremely rare last name, and he's only aware of 2 other people who have it at all (albeit, that's probably not all of them in the world).

That was my idea too, but did Zoat mean that those are the people who share his first and last name, or only his last name? It could be he just has a extremely rare last name, and he's only aware of 2 other people who have it at all (albeit, that's probably not all of them in the world).
Gosh, no. My parents are more active on social media that I am. But neither of them share my first and last name.
I somehow feel that I shouldn't have to quote something only two pages back that clearly answers a question. It must be those damned delusions playing up again.

I somehow feel that I shouldn't have to quote something only two pages back that clearly answers a question. It must be those damned delusions playing up again.
I don't think that answers the question though. His parents very well might not share a last name with him, either. I mean, yeah IIRC usually the last name is a shared family name, but I'm far from a expert on naming conventions and it's perfectly possible that he has a totally different last name for whatever reason.

Granted, he did say "first and last" not "first or last", which implies that his parents do share one of the two (probably last). But at the same time it doesn't clearly state that they do.

It definitely tends towards a conclusion of "he meant that those are the only two people who share a first and last name", but at the same time 9adam4 checked a list of 20,000 councillors and didn't find any Pauls with a candle-related last name, so if that's the case either that hint is farther from the real name than we think, or that was a fairly incomplete list.

The US government is going to argue against the guys that have had a fucking sentient planet operating in the Solar system?

Yes, because it's not "the US government" that would be having the dispute. It would be some particular law enforcement or court officer in some city or county office in New Jersey.

I think most of us who have dealt with local government know that they will obstruct anything that doesn't fit neatly into their boxes. It's not even malicious; it's the way the system is built.

Sooo... will there be a new Story Only thread? Really not interested in all the discussion.

Anyway, considering Truggs used a dial to time travel to the present but broke it, I'm kind of surprised Paul hasn't given a call to demand the remains, either to figure out how it works and track down the modern equivalent.
I don't think that the SI knows how Truggs came back in time. Truggs only ever described it as 'a burned out dohicky'.
Oh Holy SHIT! I just realised that since we're on QQ instead of SV, we can now talk about snake vaginas again!
Do you mean the vaginas of female snakes, or a vagina made out of a snake? Because I've seen some shit.
My guess is Paul Sheraga.
I'm not a horse.
I don't think that answers the question though. His parents very well might not share a last name with him, either. I mean, yeah IIRC usually the last name is a shared family name, but I'm far from a expert on naming conventions and it's perfectly possible that he has a totally different last name for whatever reason.
No, they've got the same last name, both as each other and me.
Sooo... will there be a new Story Only thread? Really not interested in all the discussion.
Probably. But recreating it isn't going to be a quick thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back