• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Lantern Conspiracies (part 3)
November 3rd, 1999
8:00 MDT

Right on the dot.

I hear the keys before General Rinaker actually makes it onto the stage for the briefing. It's kinda funny seeing displacement activity in a guy like that; it's the only thing about him that deviates from the perfect g-man image he-.

My eyes widen as Ling walks in behind him. On crutches. His left leg is in plaster and there's a sterile dressing on the left side of his face. And from the way he's moving, I think he's got other injuries under his uniform.

"Yesterday morning, oh one hundred hours local time, a team under the command of Agent Ling was dispatched to intercept a vampire arms shipment."

An image appears on the screen, docks-. Signage is in English, the way the cars are parked suggests they drive on the left. People are opening and unloading a shipping container. No signs of vampire poison, but plenty of people work for vampires without knowing that the boss is literally a snake. Security seems… Light, for something important.

The image splits in four, showing feeds from the body cameras of the agents taking part in the raid. We see them move, hear Ling shout at everyone to surrender, see them dive for cover as the agents open fire-.

The cameras cut out.

"All cameras in the area were destroyed. We only have this much footage due to it being automatically backed up to the command vehicle, which has EMP shielding."

"Um." Fitz raises his hand. "Do the agents have EMP shielding? Because it doesn't look like Ling does."

"We were attacked." Huh. Usually Ling only sounds that angry when he's talking about me. He steps forwards and winds the images back. "The dock workers tried to flee, but we had all of the exits covered."

He brings up a new image, showing their positions… Yeah, I gotta agree with Ling. I can't see any way for them to get out of there without shooting their way through a squad plus their support vehicle, and that isn't easy.

"Some went for their concealed weapons, as we threw stun grenades and then moved in to mop up. I underestimated them."

Sh'lainn nods. "Did the vampires get the drop on you?"

"No. The Green Knight did."

Sh'lainn starts in surprise. "The Green Knight?"

Ah… Arthurian legend. And not one I've read up on. I think he got Sir Gawain to cut his head off, survived, then gave him a year to live. But I might just be remembering a movie. There's nothing about a Green Knight in any Alliance files I've read.

Ling's eyes focus on her. "A glowing green man in 16th century figure plate armor, riding a glowing green horse. He rode out of the sea and attacked us. Our grenades didn't affect him and our guns couldn't pierce his armour."

"You sure it wasn't a hologram-?"

"No, Agent Logan, it wasn't a hologram." He looks down at his leg and bangs his plaster-covered heel against the floor. "He broke my leg with a mace, defeated my men and assisted all of the targets to escape."

Perrera frowns. "What's the exposure risk?"

Rinaker catches his keys. "This may be beyond our ability to fully conceal."

Fitz actually looks offended. "Hey, now, I don't mean to toot my own horn here-"

"An entire squad of Alliance soldiers are in the custody of the London Metropolitan Police, and most of their equipment was delivered to the British Ministry of Defence."

"-but okay that's a tricky one."

I frown. "The Ministry of Defense?"

"An unusual move for the vampires, but not entirely unprecedented. While we have contacts in most governments, the Alliance is a secret organisation. Very few officials have knowledge of our existence or activities. If only a small number of individuals had access to Alliance equipment, all that would happen is that they would be given a choice between signing the Official Secrets Act or spending the rest of their lives in prison. But things have moved beyond that. Dozens of people have seen examples of our vehicles switching between disguise and combat modes, and while I don't doubt the integrity of our agents, things will become difficult if the British police are able to successfully identify any of them."

Perrera nods. "There's no way that they won't realise what they are, even if they don't know who they are. And if they think that a foreign country is carrying out anti-terrorist activities on their soil, they're going to start calling in ambassadors."

I nod. So wandering into the station with fake documents claiming they all have diplomatic immunity might work, but it'll cause a diplomatic incident. And make the US government start looking at things on their end. I haven't gone peeking into everyone's files, but I hear a lot of American accents around the base, and most of them probably have a service history. All the British police need to do is send the US embassy mug shots and they will get IDed.

Sh'lainn's frowning. "And the Green Knight did all that? Without being spotted?"

"Possibly." Another key-flip. "Or possibly he left the area immediately and that was done by his associates. Since we have no information on his motives or affiliation, it would be premature to say. But we need our agents released, and we need our equipment either recovered or destroyed."

Wait.

"What happened to the vampire weapon shipment?"

"Long gone, along with the people we IDed. Agent Trueblood will be leading a separate team to follow up on that."

"But if the Green Knight's working with them, won't he be where they are?"

"It's certainly possible. Which is why his team will be carrying heavier weapons and won't be taking prisoners, but that isn't your concern."

Perrera frowns. "How… Aware, is the British government? If the police just think that a gang shot up the docks, then they probably won't call the Home Office until they get an ID. If we set up fake IDs and tell the agents what they are, we can get them released on bail and then have them disappear."

Fitz looks amused. "Hey, I liked Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels as much as the next guy, but the British police get real serious when guns are involved. Private gun ownership isn't really a thing there, and… They're not gunna be all that eager to let them out at all."

Rinaker flips his keys again. "Work on your plan on the way to London. This needs to be done quickly. Dismissed. Agent Ling, get back to medical."

We file out, Trueblood heading towards the barracks while the rest of us heading for the hanger. This won't be the first time I've planted data for the Alliance, or the first time I've broken into a government facility. Not sure who we can finger without making things worse. Dissident Irish Republicans?

And Agent Ling… Something tells me that it might be a good idea to take a look a the docks. Plasma bolts don't leave the same marks as bullets, and unless there's a good explanation their scene-of-crime officers will notice the difference. And vampire weapon transfers are almost always overseen by an actual vampire. There not being one there… Doesn't fit.

"Nick…" Sh'lainn looks pensive. "There's something about the Green Knight. I've… Heard of him."

"Yeah?" Fitz grins. "Is he a guy-banshee? Do we finally get to find out what banhees look like?"

"… No. I don't know what he is, but… The stories I heard didn't have anything bad to say about him. And most banshees aren't all that fond of outsiders."

I frown. "Would Queen Mab have a way to get in contact with him?"

"If we ever had a way to send messages to him, it hasn't been used for a long time. And I don't think she'll be too keen on me showen my face around there."

I raise my right eyebrow. "How long is a long time?"

She pointedly looks away. "Quite a while."

"Any idea why he's working with the vampires?"

She shakes her head. "No. That doesn't match the stories at all."

Perrera glances at me. "Figuring out that isn't our job, Logan."

"No. But that doesn't mean it's not a good idea."

Last edited:
It's kinda funny seeing displacement activity in a guy that; it's the only thing about him that deviates from the perfect g-man image he-.
'guy like that'?
We see them move, hear Ling shout at everyone to surrender, see them dive for cover as the agent open fire-.
'agents'
But things have moved beyond that. Dozens of people have seen our examples of our vehicles switching between disguise and combat modes, and while I don't doubt the integrity of our agents, things will become difficult if the British police are able to successfully identify any of them."
'seen examples of our'

November 3rd, 1999

Right on the dot.

I hear the keys before General Rinaker actually makes it onto the stage for the briefing. It's kinda funny seeing displacement activity in a guy that; it's the only thing about him that deviates from the perfect g-man image he-.
Ah, Roswaul... :confused: No, that may be a fun pun but it's kinda painful on the eyes. And reading ahead, it turns out that this is not the local SI. Interesting idea to shift away from him this early in the alternate. But getting a look at a Lantern in full glory from an ignorant outsider's view could be fascinating.

My eyes widen as Ling walks in behind him. On crutches. His left leg is in plaster and there's a sterile dressing on the left side of his face. And from the way he's moving, I think he's got other injuries under his uniform.

"Yesterday morning, oh one hundred hours local time, a team under the command of Agent Ling was dispatched to intercept a vampire arms shipment."
Presumably they expected it to be a relative cakewalk. So this is significant.

An image appears on the screen, docks-. Signage is in English, the way the cars are parked suggests they drive on the left. People are opening and unloading a shipping container. No signs of vampire poison, but plenty of people work for vampires without knowing that the boss is literally a snake. Security seems… Light, for something important.

The image splits in four, showing feeds from the body cameras of the agents taking part in the raid. We see them move, hear Ling shout at everyone to surrender, see them dive for cover as the agent open fire-.
...From what I've seen of the character designs, that armour is fairly high-tech looking, right? Bet that must have been a shock for the workers, guys in sci-fi-looking suits rolling up. :p

The cameras cut out.

"All cameras in the area were destroyed. We only have this much footage due to it being automatically backed up to the command vehicle, which has EMP shielding."
And I assume the command vehicle hauled ass out of there when it lost signal?

"Um." Fitz raises his hand. "Do the agents have EMP shielding? Because it doesn't look like Ling does."

"We were attacked." Huh. Usually Ling only sounds that angry when he's talking about me. He steps forwards and winds the images back. "The dock workers tried to flee, but we had all of the exits covered."
Logan being the typical 'loose cannon' protagonist, who never gets into serious trouble with his superiors despite his insubordination and independent streak because he gets results. ;) I can see where that would stick in the craw of a hard-line military man.

He brings up a new image, showing their positions… Yeah, I gotta agree with Ling. I can't see any way for them to get out of there without shooting their way through a squad plus their support vehicle, and that isn't easy.

"Some went for their concealed weapons, as we threw stun grenades and then moved in to mop up. I underestimated them."
Frustrated that his op went bad? Dude, no plan survives contact with the enemy. You should know that.

As in the Arthurian-related mythic figure?

Ah… Arthurian legend. And not one I've read up on. I think he got Sir Gawain to cut his head off, survived, then gave him a year to live. But I might just be remembering a movie. There's nothing about a Green Knight in any Alliance files I've read.
There are indeed movies, but I have a feeling this is our SI or his patron.

Ling's eyes focus on her. "A glowing green man in 16th century figure plate armor, riding a glowing green horse. He rode out of the sea and attacked us. Our grenades didn't affect him and our guns couldn't pierce his armour."

...Technically it was, but holograms backed by force fields. Since that's kind of what Spectrum Constructs are.

"No, Agent Logan, it wasn't a hologram." He looks down at his leg and bangs his plaster-covered heel against the floor. "He broke my leg with a mace, defeated my men and assisted all of the targets to escape."

This and this might help a little for a dance-card, given how many new names we're getting dropped on us without links. Sadly, a series this obscure has somewhat slipped beneath the Internet's notice.

Fitz actually looks offended. "Hey, now, I don't mean to toot my own horn here-"
Somehow, I doubt it's going to be as easy as a bit of fast talking, agent.

"An entire squad of Alliance soldiers are in the custody of the London Metropolitan Police, and most of their equipment was delivered to the British Ministry of Defence."

Well, advanced technology unlike anything seen in public at that point might be of interest to the military, you know.

"An unusual move for the vampires, but not entirely unprecedented. While we have contacts in most governments, the Alliance is a secret organisation. Very few officials have knowledge of our existence or activities. If only a small number of individuals had access to Alliance equipment, all that would happen is that they would be given a choice between signing the Official Secrets Act or spending the rest of their lives in prison. But things have moved beyond that. Dozens of people have seen our examples of our vehicles switching between disguise and combat modes, and while I don't doubt the integrity of our agents, things will become difficult if the British police are able to successfully identify any of them."
Heh... An 'out of context problem' coming out of nowhere on them. And none of them realise it's not their main enemy behind it.

Perrera nods. "There's no way that they won't realise what they are, even if they don't know who they are. And if they think that a foreign country is carrying out anti-terrorist activities on their soil, they're going to start calling in ambassadors."

I nod. So wandering into the station with fake documents claiming they all have diplomatic immunity might work, but it'll cause a diplomatic incident. And make the US government start looking at things on their end. I haven't gone peeking into everyone's files, but I hear a lot of American accents around the base, and most of them probably have a service history. All the British police need to do is send US embassy mug shots and they will get IDed.
On the other hand, it might encourage the nations to coordinate on these things. An international agency... :sneaky:

Sh'lainn's frowning. "And the Green Knight did all that? Without being spotted?"

"Possibly." Another key-flip. "Or possibly he left the area immediately and that was done by his associates. Since we have no information on his motives or affiliation, it would be premature to say. But we need our agents released, and we need our equipment either recovered or destroyed."
Heh. I wonder if she'll think of a certain different group of 'little green men'.

Wait.

Asking the important questions, eh, kid?

"Long gone, along with the people we IDed. Agent Trueblood will be leading a separate team to follow up on that."

Bad assumption. I mean, it probably seems logical to them, in a two-sided shadow conflict. Too bad they might dismiss the possibility of a third party getting involved.

"It's certainly possible. Which is why his team will be carrying heavier weapons and won't be taking prisoners, but that isn't your concern."

Perrera frowns. "How… Aware, is the British government? If the police just think that a gang shot up the docks, then they probably won't call the Home Office until they get an ID. If we set up fake IDs and tell the agents what they are, we can get them released on bail and then have them disappear."
Such a pity you guys have no way to modify memories... :confused: Do they not?

Fitz looks amused. "Hey, I liked Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels as much as the next guy, but the British police get real serious when guns are involved. Private gun ownership isn't really a thing there, and… They're not gunna be all that eager to let them out at all."

Rinaker flips his keys again. "Work on your plan on the way to London. This needs to be done quickly. Dismissed. Agent Ling, get back to medical."
Heh. Things are going to get complicated for them soon...

We file out, Trueblood heading towards the barracks while the rest of us heading for the hanger. This won't be the first time I've planted data for the Alliance, or the first time I've broken into a government facility. Not sure who we can finger without making things worse. Dissident Irish Republicans?

And Agent Ling… Something tells me that it might be a good idea to take a look a the docks. Plasma bolts don't leave the same marks as bullets, and unless there's a good explanation their scene-of-crime officers will notice the difference. And vampire weapon transfers are almost always overseen by an actual vampire. There not being one there… Doesn't fit.
Possible it could have been weaponry stolen by an agent and planned to be sold on the black market? Or do the aliens keep a tight rein on their more conventional followers?

"Nick…" Sh'lainn looks pensive. "There's something about the Green Knight. I've… Heard of him."

"Yeah?" Fitz grins. "Is he a guy-banshee? Do we finally get to find out what banhees look like?"
Stories of Percival, from back in the day, I bet.

"… No. I don't know what he is, but… The stories I heard didn't have anything bad to say about him. And most banshees aren't all that fond of outsiders."

Queen Mab being her people's ruler, who's not happy with her working with humans? Am I right?

"If we ever had a way to send messages to him, it hasn't been used for a long time. And I don't think she'll be too keen on me showen my face around there."

Could be a while, they've been around two and a half millenniums.

"Any idea why he's work with the vampires?"
Ah, jumping to conclusions. Who said he was?

...And this kind of thing is probably why Ling doesn't like you, Nick.

So, could Roswell Paul - presumably the 'Green Knight' - be trying to push the world to create an X-Com-style group? Because it sure feels like it. Or at the very least, exposing the hidden war going on in humanity's midst. Which might lead to the same result anyway. Interesting that he went for a close melee assault, though. Or was the Knight Percival in person?

'guy like that'?
'agents'
'seen examples of our'
Thnak you, corrected.
Such a pity you guys have no way to modify memories... :confused: Do they not?
Only in the sense of moving the discussion onwards and letting people forget on their own.

This works depressingly well, both in-setting and in reality.
Queen Mab being her people's ruler, who's not happy with her working with humans? Am I right?
Given that the Alliance's aim is to put all of her people into their prison vault, it's more that she's not happy about her openly betraying them. Mab doesn't seem to have a strong opinion about humans either way, though she's not keen on modern industry.
So, could Roswell Paul - presumably the 'Green Knight' - be trying to push the world to create an X-Com-style group? Because it sure feels like it. Or at the very least, exposing the hidden war going on in humanity's midst. Which might lead to the same result anyway. Interesting that he went for a close melee assault, though. Or was the Knight Percival in person?
The Alliance is the X-Com style group. The difference is that the Commanmder reports to the Council. Alliance agents assume that Rinaker reports to someone, but understand that given the secret nature of their work normal reporting chains are curtailed. The entire series demonstrates why that's a really bad idea.
Me said:
All the British police need to do is send US embassy mug shots and they will get IDed.
Thank you, corrected.

Last edited:
Agreed. If this isn't the local SI, who is this?

You may have spotted people identifying the series further down, but just in case you haven't, the narrator is meant to be Nick Logan, protagonist of Roswell Conspiracies: Aliens, Myths and Legends. Admittedly, he does sound more like Paul than Nick, but that's a hazard of working in first-person narration (and as Mr. Zoat managed to both make Sh'lainn sound accurate and spell her name correctly, I'm more than happy to give him a pass). :)

Interesting that this is one of the few alternatives where it makes sense for the SI to adopt a true "secret identity" seeing as how he is working at cross-purposes with conspiracies deeply embedded in government agencies. You may have noticed the "Green Knight" has a full body suit of armor and though not specified, I'm willing to bet the helm fully encloses his face.

Not sure why he decided to make his debut defending an... illegal arms shipment by vampires? It sounds like the Alliance was even trying to take prisoners, not just execute everybody.

Interesting that this is one of the few alternatives where it makes sense for the SI to adopt a true "secret identity" seeing as how he is working at cross-purposes with conspiracies deeply embedded in government agencies. You may have noticed the "Green Knight" has a full body suit of armor and though not specified, I'm willing to bet the helm fully encloses his face.

Not sure why he decided to make his debut defending an... illegal arms shipment by vampires? It sounds like the Alliance was even trying to take prisoners, not just execute everybody.

My guess offhand is some bad intel, whether accidentally or deliberately. No vampire overseer is called out as odd.

If this was *actually* an alliance raid on something benign or beneficial the Knight's involvement makes sense.

My guess offhand is some bad intel, whether accidentally or deliberately. No vampire overseer is called out as odd.

If this was *actually* an alliance raid on something benign or beneficial the Knight's involvement makes sense.

Percy didn't specifically hire Green Knight to protect the aliens from the Alliance (although I'm sure he takes no issue with him doing so), but to "police them, or something like that."

So the more likely option, in my not so humble opinion, is that Green Knight was raiding that shipment himself and doesn't recognize the Alliance's authority to interfere.

I've started watching the show after Zoat started this storyline, the Alliance are of the "shoot first, shoot second, keep shooting because the disconnected pieces are still twitching" school of thought. Amanda Waller would be telling these people to chill out.

Is that the American way of saying it? It's in a plaster cast.
I've started watching the show after Zoat started this storyline, the Alliance are of the "shoot first, shoot second, keep shooting because the disconnected pieces are still twitching" school of thought. Amanda Waller would be telling these people to chill out.
To be completely fair, they do maintain a prison facility, and they will put aliens there even when there's no immediate utility.

Is that the American way of saying it? It's in a plaster cast.

To be completely fair, they do maintain a prison facility, and they will put aliens there even when there's no immediate utility.

I wasn't trying to imply they were genocidal or anything, but I got to the episode where they called in an air to surface missile strike to deal with a single chupacabra. That saved Logan's life. And the strike could have blown Logan to smithereens if memory serves.

I wasn't trying to imply they were genocidal or anything, but I got to the episode where they called in an air to surface missile strike to deal with a single chupacabra. That saved Logan's life. And the strike could have blown Logan to smithereens if memory serves.
Yes, but Rinaker was taking that one personally.

A chapter with Nick Logan's POV, interesting. I have so many questions. How long has Paul/The Green Knight been on this Earth? Does he know about Rinaker's true allegiance? What is he doing working with the vampires? What did he do to get on the good side of the Banshees? Is Paul going to get a love interest? And at what point in the timeline of the show is this taking place?

A chapter with Nick Logan's POV, interesting. I have so many questions. How long has Paul/The Green Knight been on this Earth?
A little over two months.
Does he know about Rinaker's true allegiance?
He doesn't even know about Rinaker.
What is he doing working with the vampires? What did he do to get on the good side of the Banshees?
Those stories are more than two months old.
Is Paul going to get a love interest?
Probably? I mean, Agaza was single at the end of the series...
And at what point in the timeline of the show is this taking place?
I'm assuming that date broadcast = date occured.

A little over two months.
He built a reputation in that amount of time?
He doesn't even know about Rinaker.
Alright then.
Those stories are more than two months old.
Guess those revelations will have to wait.
Probably? I mean, Agaza was single at the end of the series...
Not who I was expecting.
I'm assuming that date broadcast = date occured.
I meant which episodes have already taken place by the time he showed up as the Green Knight.

Last edited:
They're not immune to fear. They're just not distracted by it.
Ah, I see
Thank you, corrected.
You're welcome.
I'm not familiar with that video.

Doom Slayer is not a deep character. If you worked with the first game you could do a whole thing about his life on Earth and his move to Mars, but even canon Atrocitus is deeper than modern Doom Slayer.
Well, he's not supposed to be very deep, but he does have a pretty well thought out personality.
A destiny-related tombola.
Makes perfect sense now, thank you.
Seriously, if you think your children are in danger of becoming furries, make them watch that film. They'll never touch furaffinity again.
I'm pretty sure that would traumatize them too, so it might not be the best way.
Her mane is a slightly different colour. But the fantasy is 'identical twins'.
Ah, I see now.
He should be able to, given that he has assimilated a member of the Grey
Honestly, Lantern Grayven, I just want this to be over. If you ever encounter your reality's version of Sinestro, please omit this from your records.
Am I missing something here, or does Sinestro not like combining their colours?
And from the feel his soul imparts in mine, I wouldn't mind him becoming my brother in law.
Well, you have to beat Darkseid before any of that can happen.
Ub'x is the first to reach him, performing basic checks by hand while scanning him with his ring. Around us… Komand'r's holding her head while Geoffrey looks the most relaxed he's been since I first met him.
Interesting, maybe the White Light acts like a full body, mind and soul massage for anything that's alive?
Koriand'r looks at Komand'r in concern, a look that doesn't change when Komand'r turns around and hugs her. Doesn't stop her hugging back, though.
Well, isn't that nice.
I've brought peace to a world at war with a few million miles of conductive cable.
Well, that's one thing off the bucket list
And this time the rage comes like a rampaging bull, and I think that I'm seeing an echo of the Butcher itself. For a moment there's RIP and TEAR and PAIN before it vanishes, leaving me-.
Rip and Tear until it is done
"We do not want to speculate on Our Sister's… Habits."

"They're not really 'habits' if she hasn't done them for a thousand-."

"That is enough! We-." The glow around her horn flickers. "Ah. It-."
Well this is funny and all that, but keep it up Grayven, and you're not going to have anyone to marry after you kill Darkseid.
"Appears that she is occupied. The magic of her former student is reaching for the sun, with her blessing."
So she is occupied.
"I had my people fabricate a big metal sheet and use a hush tube to put it in near-Wilson space so I could just shift it a little and block the light from the star! It's still visible from just about everywhere else!"
A surprisingly simple, yet effective method.
"Sister, turnabout is fair play." Celestia has her face back under control. "Perhaps it would be sporting to prank Grayven back?"

"Will you..? Aid us?"

Celestia smiles pleasantly at me.

"I would be delighted to."
Uh oh.
I mean, it's possible that Sunset and Celestia said that at the same time.
Plausible.
"A tremendous explosion of rage which temporarily disrupts our ability to use the orange light. It's not likely, but something's off about this situation."
Can Paul's ring ever be disabled anymore due to him feeling emotions other than Avarice?
Then he flies, swooping down towards the laboratory, as I feel… Like I've let someone down.
I feel like he's getting better
"Thank you, but I wasn't thinking about me. Did you kill Ra's al Ghul?"
Progress!
Turns out that I can't guess the motives of a being millions of years old.
Yet.
"You know, a few years ago I more or less shut down my sex drive so that I wouldn't be distracted from my work." I shake my head. "It's not a good idea."
Especially when something disables it/ you turn the effect off.
I'm. No Ophidian. But I… I'm not feeling angry myself. Why aren't..?

I raise my right arm, empathic vision turned up. I can't normally see myself in the way I see other people, but-. Ah. Red light swirls andIt's trying to attach itself to me but it isn't finding anything to attach to before flowing away, drawn to the far angrier Orion and... Jade.
Interesting, wonder if this 'leakage' can reanimate nearby corpses when a White Ring is being forged.
Her helmet comes up so she can make eye contact through our visors. "That's one of them."
She finds him wanting to talk about their problems irritating? Or am I missing something here
"I'm sure he didn't mean it."

Orion tosses his hammer into the wall, cratering it up to the handle!

"I MEANT EVERYTHING!"

And then his face starts to… Change.
He better not have.
Enlightenment has all your inputs capped with Orange Light, I guess. That's why external effects slide right off you.
Probably
"On Qward, that would be a marriage proposal."
Good thing this isn't Qward then.
"Do you really think that primitive technology will work?"

"It usually does."
Ah, Earth tech bullshit.
"I removed my own ability to desire things when I separated myself from the Ophidian."
He did? Or is he talking about the fact that he always desires everything, so there's no specific thing he wants?
"The anger I absorbed was so intense that it changed something fundamental in me. And then Draan Del Daar took it. I am free of my rage for the first time in my life, and I want nothing more than to get it back."
You don't know what you have until you lose it.
"I know it's not helpful, I don't know."
Is he actually understanding what Motherbox is saying, or is he just that intuitive?
"Please, never do that again."
Aww, is Hinon actually annoyed about that?
"They think she's a reincarnation. That she had at least two lives before this one."
Well, even if she didn't have Hope coloured skin and powers, Paul did end up having a kid with unusual traits.
I don't know what set this guy off. More guys do this stuff like this than girls. When they get real bad, they don't leave the house at all.
So, like normal then?
"Last time I checked, aye. So. What does the Triarchy want wi' the likes o'me?"
I'm not sure if the 'y' in 'Triarchy' is supposed to not be a link.
I know he's right about needing to get some sleep, because I can feel myself starting to smile.
This is a surprisingly normal Batman.
But I can't deny that it's galling that of all the League members it's my city that's been taken over. I had a file on Mistress before this started but there was nothing in her profile that suggested that she would respond this way to a situation like this. It's also galling how using the Anti-Life as a control system doesn't seem to produce materially worse results than preventing it from establishing itself.
Mistress?
Mister Atom: "I shall take over the world...by the most efficient route possible: by emulating kindness and compassion. Nobody will see it coming!"
Yeah, that should work.
...Somehow, I don't think 'Dogman' would have struck quite the same kind of fear into the hearts of criminals. :p
Unless you're a 5-year-old, and Dogman is a Pitbull.
"Incorrect. Batman's neurosis decreases substantially in your presence. Your input alone increases the chance of him changing to a healthier behavioural pattern by thirteen percent."
That is pretty substantial.
I pulls a face. "Oh, ew. I don't need to know-."

"Not sexually. Most humans respond well to the physical presence of people they trust. Simply by being close to him, Batwoman is making it easier for him to get rest."
Don't worry, you won't be around to see that happen, probably.
"Though you make a good point. I will raise the issue of their mating behavior with her later. I do not have a good understanding of the psychological effects of human mating. In fact, it may be best if we discuss Batman management as a group."

No. No.
This scene is just gold.
"You make jokes, because… It keeps the Anti-Life out."
Ah, so it was a joke, just to cheer him up. Although he did indeed somehow manage to fool Robin of all people.
And I doubt he'd relax in quite the same way around you, Robin. Despite what some clever-clogs read into your relationship back in the day... :rolleyes:
I hope they didn't think what I fear they were thinking.

PS: Is there a discord server for this story?
PPS: When will we see the reactions of Artemis/Diana(The moon goddess), of when Paul turned the moon around when he and the Ophidian were merged? If the moon represents them in some way, wouldn't Paul have basically just grabbed their ass, and made them moon(heh) the world?

Last edited:
November 3rd, 1999

Right on the dot.

I hear the keys before General Rinaker actually makes it onto the stage for the briefing. It's kinda funny seeing displacement activity in a guy like that; it's the only thing about him that deviates from the perfect g-man image he-.

The image splits in four, showing feeds from the body cameras of the agents taking part in the raid. We see them move, hear Ling shout at everyone to surrender, see them dive for cover as the agents open fire-.

The cameras cut out.

"An unusual move for the vampires, but not entirely unprecedented. While we have contacts in most governments, the Alliance is a secret organisation. Very few officials have knowledge of our existence or activities. If only a small number of individuals had access to Alliance equipment, all that would happen is that they would be given a choice between signing the Official Secrets Act or spending the rest of their lives in prison. But things have moved beyond that. Dozens of people have seen examples of our vehicles switching between disguise and combat modes, and while I don't doubt the integrity of our agents, things will become difficult if the British police are able to successfully identify any of them."

I nod. So wandering into the station with fake documents claiming they all have diplomatic immunity might work, but it'll cause a diplomatic incident. And make the US government start looking at things on their end. I haven't gone peeking into everyone's files, but I hear a lot of American accents around the base, and most of them probably have a service history. All the British police need to do is send the US embassy mug shots and they will get IDed.

Wait.

"Any idea why he's working with the vampires?"

What is this based off?

He built a reputation in that amount of time?
No. Percival used to go out dressed like that.
Not who I was expecting.
It wasn't a serious suggestion.

In case anyone was wondering, she's the corpse of a panther being controlled by a brain slug.
I meant which episodes have already taken place by the time he showed up as the Green Knight.
They're between episodes 9 and 10. The other banshee aren't trying kill Sh'lainn any longer and Nick hasn't met El Chupacabra.
I thought it might have been, but it read rather straight-laced to me so... Well, whatever.
Aside from anything else, one of the other three people in the conversation is a banshee. He knows what they look like.
Am I missing something here, or does Sinestro not like combining their colours?
He finds the friendship-and-harmony society of the ponies off-putting.
Can Paul's ring ever be disabled anymore due to him feeling emotions other than Avarice?
Technically yes, but it would be prohibitively difficult.
I'm not sure if the 'y' in 'Triarchy' is supposed to not be a link.
That's because the group are called the Triarchs.
What is this based off?
What series/game/show is this Paul in?
Considering Percival is a Maltusian Leprechaun, and the title, I'm wondering if this Greenie Paul is on the world of Roswell Conspiracies.

A cartoon in which aliens live among us, and are responsible for all those legends like banshees and vampires etc.

He finds the friendship-and-harmony society of the ponies off-putting.
Makes sense.
Technically yes, but it would be prohibitively difficult.
But possible, can't wait to see that happen.
That's because the group are called the Triarchs.
Yeah, which is why I wasn't sure.
I'm not exactly a 90's kid, so I don't really know what you're talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back