• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

He likely fabricated it in the 3 hour time gap. Between when he was scanning the Nox's city and when he was using them to raid the android planet.
*Notices he missed the timestamp separator because of all the bold text in the chapter and sweetdrops.*

Thank you.

11th October 1999
12:37 GMT
Nox Stealth isn't technology, it's psychic. (We see this when they cloak a Tolan Ion Canon.)

Also, the Nox are technological peers of the Asgard and Ancients.

Hmm. Is there a reason this is repeated back, or was it just to show agreement with his reasoning?

He drops it, spilling it on the ground, and then looks around. "Are you hunting? That doesn't usually work very well."

"No. Not hunting. It doesn't usually work very well."

Since you switched That to It, I assume it was deliberate and not a copy paste thing, though I guess I could be wrong.

Mr Zoat
I am sure it's been said before but, How exactly is he keeping the ring supplied with power?
Also Glad to see that Stargate stuff they left lieing around actually put to any use what so ever.

Mr Zoat
I am sure it's been said before but, How exactly is he keeping the ring supplied with power?
Also Glad to see that Stargate stuff they left lieing around actually put to any use what so ever.

Original Mammon found an Orange Lantern, which precipitated his betrayal of Ra and subsequent termination. SI appeared around Syrania, scanned for power sources and found the personal lantern in... Mammon's treasury, I think? Took it and everything of value and then presented himself to the locals, and he's been Paulmon ever since. Here.

Original Mammon found an Orange Lantern, which precipitated his betrayal of Ra and subsequent termination. SI appeared around Syrania, scanned for power sources and found the personal lantern in... Mammon's treasury, I think? Took it and everything of value and then presented himself to the locals, and he's been Paulmon ever since. Here.
You mean he took everything that wasn't nailed down.

Mr Zoat
As per Starring (part 1), there was one in Mammon's cheops, a piece of tribute that was supposed to go to Ra but entranced actual Mammon. The SI doesn't know how it got there.
It annoyed me when they brought back the robot team in the series only to kill them off. Would have been funny if Robot Carter and Robot O'Neill ended up together.

annoyed me when they brought back the robot team in the series only to kill them off. Would have been funny if Robot Carter and Robot O'Neill ended up together.
Yeah
I mean they no longer have work ethics to worry about since they were abandoned by their government and it's not like they haven't teased the relationship with alternates before.
And the robot them makes no since. An entire world of techno-wonders they could have effectively doubled (if not more I don't know how their thing works) their personal thru the Life Model Decoys and left them permanently their to peruse all that tech with a man right freaking there to explain it all! A hundred Samantha Carters and other assorted staff to out think their problems. But oh No! This robot thing feels weird let's lock them away so we don't cross uncomfortable lines!

Yeah
I mean they no longer have work ethics to worry about since they were abandoned by their government and it's not like they haven't teased the relationship with alternates before.
And the robot them makes no since. An entire world of techno-wonders they could have effectively doubled (if not more I don't know how their thing works) their personal thru the Life Model Decoys and left them permanently their to peruse all that tech with a man right freaking there to explain it all! A hundred Samantha Carters and other assorted staff to out think their problems. But oh No! This robot thing feels weird let's lock them away so we don't cross uncomfortable lines!
They actually couldn't explore their world, not without far more protective equipment than they could easily manufacture. Altair is highly radioactive and drenched with highly acidic rain. The Ancients' habit of unleashing catastrophes included their own homeworld.

They actually couldn't explore their world, not without far more protective equipment than they could easily manufacture. Altair is highly radioactive and drenched with highly acidic rain. The Ancients' habit of unleashing catastrophes included their own homeworld.
They weren't Ancients, and that wasn't their homeworld.

Those were the Altairans who's home planet was in the Milky Way, the Ancients were the Alterans and their home planet was in the Ori galaxy.

The Ancients weren't even in the Galaxy when the whole thing happened with the Altairans. They only returned 10,000 ago after the whole thing with the Wraith. Even with the similar names the timelines just straight up don't match.

So I heard Babylon 5….. so does that mean that Eventually we'll get something in that Universe cause I would just love that.

So I heard Babylon 5….. so does that mean that Eventually we'll get something in that Universe cause I would just love that.
Given the universe of Babylon 5 doesn't pull it's punches? I'm doubtful of it.

Someone like Paul showing up there with a Power Ring, would be the equivalent of throwing a steak into a hungry lion's den. Great for the lions, but the steak isn't going to survive long at all.

The Ancient/Alterans homeworld was in the Ori galaxy, the first Alteran colony in the milky way was Dakara, and Earth was a world they settled and were the Tauri breed developed, the people of Altair were a different civilization of humans the Alterans also made and developed independently until their demise (assumed to be self inflicted) IE they likely started around the same time earth did.

A good analogy is to think of humans in the Stargate verse as Dog breeds, Alterans are the original wolves, but as part of their mad scientist research they made all the other dog breeds in the galaxy, some breeds ended up being smarter and better than others, but in the end they are all mutant wolves.

Edit:

When the Alterans came to the Milky way millions of years ago, they made a ton of species in "their image" and let them loose on their playpen, millions of years later the Alterans were part of the alliance of the four races and the alliance had the original Alterans, the tree Alterans (Nox), the Furry Alterans (Furlings) and the Asgard the only ones that don't look like humans, but they think studying humans will help them fix their genetic defects, so I am willing to bet that a few hundred thousand years ago the Asgard were the gnome like humans. Meaning the Alterans made a club house for themselves and their three smartest children while the Tauri, the Altairans and other similar civilizations of humans mucked about.

The Ancient/Alterans homeworld was in the Ori galaxy, the first Alteran colony in the milky way was Dakara, and Earth was a world they settled and were the Tauri breed developed, the people of Altair were a different civilization of humans the Alterans also made and developed independently until their demise (assumed to be self inflicted) IE they likely started around the same time earth did.

A good analogy is to think of humans in the Stargate verse as Dog breeds, Alterans are the original wolves, but as part of their mad scientist research they made all the other dog breeds in the galaxy, some breeds ended up being smarter and better than others, but in the end they are all mutant wolves.

Edit:

When the Alterans came to the Milky way millions of years ago, they made a ton of species in "their image" and let them loose on their playpen, millions of years later the Alterans were part of the alliance of the four races and the alliance had the original Alterans, the tree Alterans (Nox), the Furry Alterans (Furlings) and the Asgard the only ones that don't look like humans, but they think studying humans will help them fix their genetic defects, so I am willing to bet that a few hundred thousand years ago the Asgard were the gnome like humans. Meaning the Alterans made a club house for themselves and their three smartest children while the Tauri, the Altairans and other similar civilizations of humans mucked about.
Ah. Well, it's nice to know that there's one disaster that they're not responsible for.

Last edited:
When the Alterans came to the Milky way millions of years ago, they made a ton of species in "their image" and let them loose on their playpen, millions of years later the Alterans were part of the alliance of the four races and the alliance had the original Alterans, the tree Alterans (Nox), the Furry Alterans (Furlings

Do you have a source for the other races of the Alliance being made by the Alterans, because I can't find anything that mentions that?

and the Asgard the only ones that don't look like humans, but they think

They don't look like humans now, but before they started cloning themselves and getting less stable bodies, they looked more human like, with some facial differences and and an enlarged head.

Ah. Well, it's nice to know that there's no disaster that they're not responsible for.

Well its a nifty way to explain away why most of your "alien" races are human adjacent, and is why I use the dog breed example.

Also you know I consider the raise of the Goa'uld happening at about the time Alterans were being exterminated in their totality by a plague to be very suspicious, considering the main qualities of Goa'uld and their high degree of compatibility with human host to the point the Goa'uld dropped the Unas in a hearth beat... well I think the modern mutation of Goa'uld were also the fault of the Alterans as a way to try to save themselves from the plague and use the memory transfer/imprint of the Goa'uld to preserve and spread their memories around.

By the way another reason for the destruction of Altair could be the Ancients themselves, they do take umbrage whenever an ascended one decides to share technology with their descendants and will punish the ascended one and destroy the civilization they tried to help. In short they don't care if you find their rusted toys, but if one of them gives your civilization shit, then your entire civilization could be destroyed unless it lives up to some semi arbitrary standards (using the technology to attack others being one example).

Do you have a source for the other races of the Alliance being made by the Alterans, because I can't find anything that mentions that?

They don't look like humans now, but before they started cloning themselves and getting less stable bodies, they looked more human like, with some facial differences and and an enlarged head.

Exactly.

https://www.gateworld.net/wiki/Nox

The Furling skeletons are described as being very similar to human skeletons.

So several millions of years ago both the Alterans and Ori went around creating sub branches of their own species and seeding the galaxy (galaxies for the Alterans) they visited with them, turning these galaxies into playpens.

Millions of years later the Alterans had an alliance with three "other races" that all look like Alterans themselves with slight differences with the most notable similarity being that unlike most of the other children these three were very smart.

QkhzNCeL4h3Dgmtv6
https://www.smiledogwalking.co.uk/post/2019/03/23/evolution-of-dogs

In this case the Alterans/Ori are the grey wolves, and they themselves made the other breeds and spread them around in multiple galaxies... Mind you other ACTUAL aliens DO exist, but they are rarer.

Its the Stargate answer to the Fermi Paradox, the Alterans/Ori were among the first civilizations to raise in the local galaxy group, thus they got to claim most of the real state and as a result most alien races are their mutant inbreed offspring that survived the plague that killed most of them.

Last edited:
There might be some later interesting butterflies by rescuing the SG team early there. There's the novels tied into things that link back into the later points of the series

Not saying he should, I'm saying he could point that kind of thing out and fuck with them on every possible level. Keeping that shit secret from the public for over a decade was the stupidest, laziest shit that always annoyed me.
It's a standard urban fantasy trope ('all this could be happening in the world outside your window, and you'd never know'), with rather less justification than most urban fantasies, and it blows up the easy way to keep it secret ('it's all happening on other planets') at the end of the first season. It would be cool to see a show doing a good job of showing Disclosure of the Masquerade and the consequences thereof, but I'm really not expecting that. It requires a lot more thought and research than TV executives seem to want, and might encourage the audience to think, which TV executives seem even more opposed to.

It's a standard urban fantasy trope ('all this could be happening in the world outside your window, and you'd never know'), with rather less justification than most urban fantasies, and it blows up the easy way to keep it secret ('it's all happening on other planets') at the end of the first season. It would be cool to see a show doing a good job of showing Disclosure of the Masquerade and the consequences thereof, but I'm really not expecting that. It requires a lot more thought and research than TV executives seem to want, and might encourage the audience to think, which TV executives seem even more opposed to.
At least they're better then most and had the results of the Stargate program making their way to the civilian sector.

Starring (part 22)
12th October 1999
17:18 GMT

"So that's the basics. I need a-" I gesture to Captain Carter. "-scientist, a linguist-" Mister Jackson, since he technically doesn't have a doctorate. "-and a couple of soldiers who are a little more creative than the jaffa average."

Harlan glances awkwardly at the other four. "Um."

"I assumed that you'd want to stay here and bring the place up to full working order after I've dealt with the conditions outside."

O'Neil squints at me. "Can we go back to the part where you're a goold?"

"Are you aware that the word 'robot' comes from-?"

Daniel snaps back to full awareness. "From the Czech 'robota', meaning forced labour, which was itself derived from 'rab', meaning 'slave'. Can we go back to my wife being free?"

I nod. "Teal'c killed Amaunet, Doctor Brightman removed the corpse of the goa'uld and then I lent them a sarcophagus and she's recovering at Stargate Command."

"Okay." Captain Carter pats him on the shoulder and he jerks his head around in surprise. She gives him a supportive smile. "I just-. I.. didn't…"

"I understand." Teal'c nods. "You assumed that if she returned that it would be to you. I am similarly estranged from my own family."

"Yeah, I-." He focuses on me. "Thank you. Even if I never see her again, just knowing that she's alright…"

"'Alright' might be a bit much. The culture shock from living at Stargate Command was a bit extreme, and being a host isn't much fun for most people."

O'Neil frowns. "About that."

"This body is a mindless clone. I did this whole thing with your organic counterpart where I got out and they gave it a brain scan and found no higher reasoning going on."

Carter looks surprised. "You can do that? Then why do goa'uld take host at all?"

"Because it's convenient, I'm afraid." I shrug awkwardly. "Goa'uld aren't communal primates. We're solitary stealth predators and symbiotes. We don't have the social instincts that humans do. It has its good points; humans who are socially isolated tend to go a bit peculiar while goa'uld would be fine. But the downside is that we don't really care about other people suffering until it starts to affect us." Hm. "Well, Stanley Milgram. Even more so than humans. We don't feel any guilt or remorse about taking a host, even if they're screaming in terror and actively resisting us. And cloning is time consuming, and technologically complicated if you want an adult body. So… Why bother when you're surrounded by perfectly good bodies?"

O'Neil cranes his neck towards me slightly. "You're not really selling me on this whole-" He makes a circling motion with his right hand. "-'cooperation' thing."

"I… Had some considerable time to reflect upon our situation. And I still believe that having goa'uld in charge has a number of advantages. We have far less war than Earth does, for example. But we're… Well…"

"Kinda nuts?"

"That's.. not unfair. It's a… Selection pressure thing, like how there are so many psychopaths in boardrooms. Without a body of educated humans to draw on there's no benefit to being diplomatic. If I got hold of an agreeable queen…" I shrug. "Well. That's not going to happen. But the point I want to make is that we're not cruel for fun-. I mean, as a species. Some of us are. We're just ruthless."

O'Neil slowly shakes his head. "O… Kay..?"

"If I can show Lord Bastet and my fellow underlords that there are advantages to having an educated human population, there's a good chance that they'll go along with it. And if Lord Bastet becomes more powerful, she may be able to convince others to reform as well, or… Just conquer them. If you want to improve the lives of humans across the galaxy, it may work better to work to improve things from the inside rather than… Declare war on the entire galaxy like Stargate Command has."

Teal'c raises his left eyebrow. "That would be a great change in goa'uld behavior."

"It would." I nod. "Lord Bastet knows what I'm doing. I need this to be a success. My people need this to be a success, because if it's not then I'll probably be killed just after they are."

"Ah-." Jackson cuts himself off, then looks around to see if anyone else wants to ask a question. Seeing that no one does, he turns back to me. "Do other goa'uld feel this way? I know the.. Tok'Ra have been trying to overcome the System Lords since-."

"No."

"No?"

"Without a Queen, the Against Ra can't replenish their numbers. They take human hosts, but don't recruit humans into their organisation otherwise. They're just as uncreative as most goa'uld and the methods they use cannot result in their victory. I assume that Queen Egeria made them the way she did because she wanted to infiltrate Ra's feudal hierarchy and destroy it from within because their whole mental setup seems completely… They can't win as they are."

"Oh?" Captain Carter looks curious. "What should they be doing?"

"Pretend to be normal goa'uld, take over somewhere and outcompete their neighbours because all of their scientists could work together without intriguing against each other. Build trade networks with their neighbours. Share the least offensive of their methods and try and get them to change their ways for practical reasons."

"What you're doing."

"Yes, that's… Why I'm doing it?"

She frowns. "Wait, are you a Tok'Ra?"

"No? Ah…" Huh. "I mean, I'm not a part of the organisation. It's not impossible that Queen Egeria was my mother, given that I took my first host at the direction of Ra's priests. I honestly don't know. Parent-child relationships aren't usually considered that important amongst the goa'uld. Given the.. number of children queens spawn, it wouldn't be practical. Anyway! Ah, the Against Ra are bad enough, but if your objectives are still the same… Well, Harlan might be able to build new versions of you if you die, but that's still four people against the galaxy. I think that we can achieve more by working together." I open my arms. "What can I do to convince you?"

"I would very much appreciate it-" Harlan jumps in, prompting the rest of us who'd sort of forgotten that he was there to jerk our heads towards him. "-if you could stop the storms. I would very much like to recover Wallace from outside. Particularly if he could be reactivated. Though that is unlikely."

O'Neil frowns. "Don't the storms cover the.. whole.. planet?"

I nod. "Pretty much. I don't think I'll-." Huh. "If you open a wormhole to Syrania and let me pick up some equipment, I can get that done in a few hours. If you just want me to clear the area around this facility, I can do that under my own power now."

Captain Carter shakes her head. "How?"

I smile. "I'm a god, remember? Just wave my hands."

O'Neil doesn't so much roll his eyes as roll his entire upper body. Teal'c remains impassive while Captain Carter sort of tenses her jaw and Daniel looks a little bewildered.

Harlan looks mildly impressed. "You're a god?"

O'Neil sighs. "He's not a god."

"But he said he was a god."

O'Neil give me a long-suffering glare as I stand up. "Who wants to come and see me use my divine magic on your storm clouds?"

Harlan smiles and nods. "Yes. That is what I said I wanted to do. So, me."

"Right then! Shall-?"

"Oh, and I've been told that I should ask, but, would you mind me making a robot duplicate of you?"

The other four watch for my response.

"I.. think that can wait until this facility is fully functional and you can give future androids the best possible bodies. How about that spaceship?"

Last edited:
We have far less war than Earth does, for example.
This is such complete bullshit that I am amazed nobody called him on it.

Especially given Teal'c was literally leading Apophis's armies warring against the other System Lords for decades. After his father served Cronus leading his armies to war for decades. Who even learned under Bratac who lead Apophis's armies in war for centuries.

This is such complete bullshit that I am amazed nobody called him on it.

Especially given Teal'c was literally leading Apophis's armies warring against the other System Lords for decades. After his father served Cronus leading his armies to war for decades. Who even learned under Bratac who lead Apophis's armies in war for centuries.
If the war never ends then it only counts as 1 war.

12th October 1999
17:18 GMT

"So that's the basics. I need a-" I gesture to Captain Carter. "-scientist, a linguist-" Mister Jackson, since he technically doesn't have a doctorate. "-and a couple of soldiers who are a little more creative than the jaffa average."

Harlan glances awkwardly at the other four. "Um."
...He's actually recruiting them? Huh, that's a clever idea, actually. And also amusing if their originals ever find out: "I decided to find my own SG-1, with blackjack and hookers transhumanism. Not like you'd paid them any mind after leaving, after all."

"I assumed that you'd want to stay here and bring the place up to full working order after I've dealt with the conditions outside."

O'Neil squints at me. "Can we go back to the part where you're a goold?"
In case you haven't noticed, O'Neill-tron, he's offering you help. Let's not copy your original that closely?

"Are you aware that the word 'robot' comes from-?"

Daniel snaps back to full awareness. "From the Czech 'robota', meaning forced labour, which was itself derived from 'rab', meaning 'slave'. Can we go back to my wife being free?"
Also, 'android' is a bit specific to male artificial humanoids. Carter, for example, is a gynoid. Personally, as a collective 'species' name, I prefer 'synthenoid'. Or 'bioroid', depending on material composition.

I nod. "Teal'c killed Amaunet, Doctor Brightman removed the corpse of the goa'uld and then I lent them a sarcophagus and she's recovering at Stargate Command."

"Okay." Captain Carter pats him on the shoulder and he jerks his head around in surprise. She gives him a supportive smile. "I just-. I.. didn't…"
She already has the original by her side, Daniel-tron. I know, it's kind of awkward thinking of her not being with you...

"I understand." Teal'c nods. "You assumed that if she returned that it would be to you. I am similarly estranged from my own family."

"Yeah, I-." He focuses on me. "Thank you. Even if I never see her again, just knowing that she's alright…"
Yeah, I think Teal'c's wife would be a little confused to find there's two of her husband running around...

"'Alright' might be a bit much. The culture shock from living at Stargate Command was a bit extreme, and being a host isn't much fun for most people."

O'Neil frowns. "About that."
To be fair, O'Neill-tron. Has he acted remotely like any Goa'uld you've met so far?

"This body is a mindless clone. I did this whole thing with your organic counterpart where I got out and they gave it a brain scan and found no higher reasoning going on."

Carter looks surprised. "You can do that? Then why do goa'uld take host at all?"
Good question. The answer is... Effort.

"Because it's convenient, I'm afraid." I shrug awkwardly. "Goa'uld aren't communal primates. We're solitary stealth predators and symbiotes. We don't have the social instincts that humans do. It has it's good points; humans who are social isolated tend to go a bit peculiar while goa'uld would be fine. But the downside is that we don't really care about other people suffering until it starts to affect us." Hm. "Well, Stanley Milgram. Even more so than humans. We don't feel any guilt or remorse about taking a host, even if they're screaming in terror and actively resisting us. And cloning is time consuming, and technologically complicated if you want an adult body. So… Why bother when you're surrounded by perfectly good bodies?"
So, to some degree, having a human host with a fully-developed mind lets them overcome the more solitary instincts? Interesting idea...

O'Neil cranes his neck towards me slightly. "You're not really selling me on this whole-" He makes a circling motion with his right hand. "-'cooperation' thing."

"I… Had some considerable time to reflect upon our situation. And I still believe that having goa'uld in charge has a number of advantages. We have far less war than Earth does, for example. But we're… Well…"
Assholes. with a hefty dose of superiority complex and self-delusion. And I'm guessing by 'less war', he means less 'total war' and more 'police actions against rebellious subordinates' or 'hampering strikes against rivals'...

"Kinda nuts?"

"That's.. not unfair. It's a… Selection pressure thing, like how there are so many psychopaths in boardrooms. Without a body of educated humans to draw on there's no benefit to being diplomatic. If I got hold of an agreeable queen…" I shrug. "Well. That's not going to happen. But the point I want to make is that we're not cruel for fun-. I mean, as a species. Some of us are. We're just ruthless."
Especially with the ruling Supreme System Lord usually having the monopoly on breeding rights. Short of busting in, stealing a goa'uld queen and disappearing, there's no chance of making a 'better' goa'uld.

O'Neil slowly shakes his head. "O… Kay..?"

"If I can show Lord Bastet and my fellow underlords that there are advantages to having an educated human population, there's a good chance that they'll go along with it. And if Lord Bastet becomes more powerful, she may be able to convince others to reform as well, or… Just conquer them. If you want to improve the lives of humans across the galaxy, it may work better to work to improve things form the inside rather than… Declare war on the entire galaxy like Stargate Command has."
Work with the pliable, break the inflexible? I suppose that's one way of doing it.

Teal'c raises his left eyebrow. "That would be a great change in goa'uld behavior."

"It would." I nod. "Lord Bastet knows what I'm doing. I need this to be a success. My people need this to be a success, because if it's not then I'll probably be killed just after they are."
Since even a Lantern would struggle against multiple battleships. Especially one not used to direct combat.

"Ah-." Jackson cuts himself off, then looks around to see if anyone else wants to ask a question. Seeing that no one does, he turns back to me. "Do other goa'uld feel this way? I know the.. Tok'Ra have been trying to overcome the System Lords since-."

"No."

"No?"
Whatever they've been doing, it's not very effective.

"Without a Queen, the Against Ra can't replenish their numbers. They take human hosts, but don't recruit humans into their organisation otherwise. They're just as uncreative as most goa'uld and the methods they use cannot result in their victory. I assume that Queen Egeria made them the way she did because she wanted to infiltrate Ra's feudal hierarchy and destroy it from within because their whole mental setup seems completely… They can't win as they are."
Especially when every loss reduces their subsequent strength...

"Oh?" Captain Carter looks curious. "What should they be doing?"

"Pretend to be normal goa'uld, take over somewhere and out compete their neighbours because all of their scientists could work together without intriguing against each other. Build trade networks with their neighbours. Share the least offensive of their methods and try and get them to change their ways for practical reasons."
Perhaps find a kingdom out on the edge of the galaxy where no-one will pay attention to them and work that way. Sadly... I don't think they could manage that.

"What you're doing."

"Yes, that's… Why I'm doing it?"

She frowns. "Wait, are you a Tok'Ra?"
...Well, not technically. I have the feeling they'd approve of him, though, if they can overcome their initial 'But he's one of them.' impulse.

"No? Ah…" Huh. "I mean, I'm not a part of the organisation. It's not impossible that Queen Egeria was my mother, given that I took my first host at the direction of Ra's priests. I honestly don't know. Parent-child relationships aren't usually considered that important amongst the goa'uld. Given the.. number of children queens spawn, it wouldn't be practical. Anyway! Ah, the Against Ra are bad enough, but if your objectives are still the same… Well, Harlan might be able to build new versions of you if you die, but that's still four people against the galaxy. I think that we can achieve more by working together." I open my arms. "What can I do to convince you?"
I'm guessing there's some limitation of their whole system that prevents multiple copies of the same personality engram running around at once. Maybe some 'actively embodied engrams cannot be duplicated' technicality or something. Otherwise, why limit yourself to just four?

"I would very much appreciate it-" Harlan jumps in, prompting the rest of us who'd sort of forgotten that he was there to jerk our heads towards him. "-if you could stop the storms. I would very much like to recover Wallace from outside. Particularly if he could be reactivated. Though that is unlikely."

O'Neil frowns. "Don't the storms cover the.. whole.. planet?"
He does seem the sort to quietly watch while others are discussing thing. Probably allows time to think and plan.

I nod. "Pretty much. I don't think I'll-." Huh. "If you open a wormhole to Syrania and let me pick up some equipment, I can get that done in a few hours. If you just want me to clear the area around this facility, I can do that under my own power now."

Captain Carter shakes her head. "How?"
'Equipment', huh? I doubt he means his Lantern for a recharge, as he should have it stashed in subspace at all times. Or is that just a cover for 'I'm going to Ring the heck out this atmosphere.'

I smile. "I'm a god, remember? Just wave my hands."

O'Neil doesn't so much roll his eyes as roll his entire upper body. Teal'c remains impassive while Captain Carter sort of tenses her jaw and Daniel looks a little bewildered.
Hope their jaws are solidly attached, or they might fall off when he actually does it. :p

Harlan looks mildly impressed. "You're a god?"

O'Neil sighs. "He's not a god."
...Harlan isn't actually that smart, is he? :confused: Or maybe his mind is a bit compartmentalised...

"But he said he was a god."

O'Neil give me a long-suffering glare as I stand up. "Who wants to come and see me use my divine magic on your storm clouds?"
...What are the chances O'Neill is a 'Green Lantern' fanboy and would recognise a Power Ring in action? Or maybe Daniel?

Harlan smiles and nods. "Yes. That is what I said I wanted to do. So, me."

"Right then! Shall-?"
Man really wants his planet fixed up, huh? :D

"Oh, and I've been told that I should ask, but, would you mind me making a robot duplicate of you?"

The other four watch for my response.

"I.. think that can wait until this facility is fully functional and you can give future androids the best possible bodies. How about that spaceship?"
...Which raises the question of how the process would work on an actual Goa'uld? Would the resulting engram be of the symbiote, the host or the combined personality?

So, then. Altair getting a Lantern clean-up. Let's hope passing Goa'uld ships don't notice the change, unless the place is so far from their travel routes that they wouldn't know about it... Of course, once the planet's ecology is sorted, they could work to re-embody the stored mental engrams, right? Whole planet of functionally immortal artificial beings with advanced technology? There's a butterfly for you.

The fact that the Stargate program, the Atlantis Expedition, and basically everything both in between and beyond remained a secret throughout the entirety of the franchise was incredibly fucking stupid.

You had multiple national governments eventually brought in in various forms such as the International Oversight Advisory, with various flag patches and the like with the Atlantis Expedition showing that at least 24 countries had become actively involved.

You had hostile ships attack the Earth multiple times. Some of those attacks being full on space battles that involved not just space fighters but goddamn space battlecruisers built on and launched from Earth. And not just any part of Earth, they were launching their ships from Area 51. A site that's effectively under 24/7 surveillance because of UFO fanatics.

A US Navy carrier group was blasted from orbit at one point, killing around 8000 people, and they seriously claimed it was a freak meteor shower.

Goa'uld ships were being engaged and destroyed in Earth orbit. Under the right atmospheric conditions, and knowing where to look, we can see some of the other planets in the solar system with the naked eye. You add in any of the astronomist - amateur or otherwise - gazing through their telescopes? Or even the fact that keeping a secret becomes exponentially more difficult the bigger it becomes, and there'd need to be many thousands of people at the absolute bare minimum involved? With not a single one of them leaking that the Earth's governments are fighting a secret war against an interstellar empire ruled by stupid-evil, body snatching parasites? Or the self-replicating machine swarm? Or the bug people in another galaxy that eat humans? Or the crusading religious fanatics from yet another galaxy because the Tau'ri just can't go anywhere without triggering a war?

It's actively offensive that we're expected to believe that it's all still being successfully kept secret from the world at large.

...What are the chances O'Neill is a 'Green Lantern' fanboy and would recognise a Power Ring in action? Or maybe Daniel?
Since that first meeting, Poa'ul seems to have been pretty careful not to show off the ring as being relevant or important. Maybe someone would catch on if he was doing newbie Green Lantern theatrics, like brandishing the ring and making it glow brighter whenever he does anything, but it'd be a lot more of a leap to go from "this guy is orange for some weird reason, and wears a fancy ring (among a lot of other jewelry)" to "this guy has the same powers as Green Lantern, except orange... maybe there's an explanation in the comics for that?" and there's still a fair difference between that and anyone taking the theory seriously.

That's a major coup if Paulmon manages to convince these guys to join him, no? Not only would he have their know-how to further his developments on Syrania, he would also have Harlan and the rest of the Altairans as allies if they get reuploaded to new androids.

Give it some R&D and wouldn't some android soldiers be better than Jaffa, even? At least for certain operations or tasks.

Also, weird question there at the end. I suppose the team are first hand victims of Harlan doing duplicates without consent but he wouldn't be able to bypass Paulmon's defenses to even try, so it's funny that he even considered it or humored him.

Yeah, I think Teal'c's wife would be a little confused to find there's two of her husband running around...
Given how infrequently he sees her, I imagine that him visiting two days a month rather than one would only cause mild surprise.
...What are the chances O'Neill is a 'Green Lantern' fanboy and would recognise a Power Ring in action?
It seems unlikely but I suppose it's not impossible.
I think he'd read Dr. Fate.
...Which raises the question of how the process would work on an actual Goa'uld? Would the resulting engram be of the symbiote, the host or the combined personality?
Actually happened with the original Teal'c android. It was a combination, because Harlan didn't adjust the equipment. Second one is just Teal'c.

so wait, the SG team in this episdoe are... robots? am i reading that correctly?

it's been a hot minute since i've watched SG1 but i don't remember any androids of the team running around. or is this something that was done off-screen or...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back