• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Has he just... forgotten that this is ambush bug time?

Has he just... forgotten that this is ambush bug time?
I mean, how exactly "It's possible that the main version is going to remember experiencing this when he wakes up" is going to help him? He is just as separate as all his other versions in other DC worlds, as far as he and the experts can tell.

Justice Segue (part 3)
17th November 2017
11:38 GMT +5

BOOM!

I walk slowly towards the checkpoint, an oblong and mildly concave shield in front of me. The guards saw the boom tube open, saw me emerge from it and are clearly torn between hunkering down and hoping I go away and simply fleeing.

Hippolyta is trying to keep an eye on me while simultaneously taking in the sights that she's never seen before.

"In Nineteen eighty four, the world of Krypton was destroyed due to its people draining energy from its core. One of their.. philosophers, a man named Jor-El, was able to send his son to Earth for safety before it happened. He landed in a place called Kansas, was taken in by a nice couple and grew to manhood there. Nice chap."

Two of the guards open fire, their rifle ammunition failing to make any sort of impression on my shield.

"He's as strong-. No, stronger than me, far faster, he can fly under his own power, fire rays of heat out of his eyes and… Heh, probably some other things as well. More to the point, he was a good man. Solid morals. Died last year."

I don't mention the sheer number of people who died as a result of his ineptitude when he fought General Zod in Metropolis. That was… Okay, he got thrown in at the deep end, but a hundred and fifty thousand dead is part of why I'm reluctant to hand this over to the locals. That, and his period of inactivity prior to Zod's arrival. I'm sure that was a good man, I'm just not sure that he was a competent one, and if that's the standard...

The soldiers at the checkpoint appear to have received instructions from somewhere, and fall back in reasonable order.

"Was this his home?"

"No, he lived half a world away from here. This is where they put the other fellow."

It's designed to look like a nuclear power plant. But it's not sending power anywhere and the doors are locked and barred.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean-" I jerk my left hand out, construct hand gripping a man who thought that he was being clever by sneaking around the side and taking aim. I pull him through the air right up to me and leave him dangling there. "-that the one who ended up here did not get a good home." I smile at my prisoner. "Isn't that right?"

"I-I-I don't know anything-."

"Of course you don't, of course you don't. They don't tell privates working security at sites like this the details of their top secret projects! That would be ridiculous."

His eyes widen.

"And I'm not going to kill you either." I roll my eyes. "I mean, look at you. Still holding your gun? Good man, good man." I lean in slightly, and he tries to cringe back but can't because my construct won't let him. "Put the gun up to my left eye, then pull the trigger."

"Huh?"

"I want to demonstrate to your colleagues that they can't fight me. So I'm giving you a free volley." I reach over with my right hand and lift the barrel of his rifle upwards, until the tip of the barrel is right against my left eye. "There. Do you need me to-?"

CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-clickclickclickclick.

"Aim it for you?" I dismiss my construct and half catch half prod him in the direction of his comrades' firing line-. No, wait, the Soviet Union collapsed, I shouldn't call them 'comrades' or it'll start sounding like I'm the Soviet experiment. "Trot along, chum."

"Uh?"

I look him over. Ah. "You're not going to find a change of trousers here, are you? Go!"

He scrambles away, nearly dropping his rifle but staggering as he frantically catches it and starts running again.

"Did you need to humiliate him?"

"Humiliate? The man who got right up close to the alien overlord and gave him a full clip to the face? He's going to be dining out on that one for years." I start walking again. "But as I was saying, this one didn't get a good home. A little under seventy years ago, a flying ship crashed in Russia. Three people on board. The father was the helmsman, and he died at his post. The mother survived the impact, but she had a difficult delivery, and combined with the injuries she sustained in the crash and the changes the Earth wrought on her body, she died as the local physicians tried to save her. Her son lived."

I don't bother listening to whoever that was have a shouted conversation with his sergeant. I do note them leaving without trying to fight further, but it's a background to what I'm actually interested in.

"And they treated him cruelly."

I snort, shaking my head. "People survive 'cruelly'. People cope with it and go on to live productive lives. They drugged him with everything under the sun, cut him up and stuck him back together dozens of times. The torture-god my father employs would have been impressed. And then the empire the people responsible served collapsed, and the place they built to contain him was left to rot."

A giant yellow gauntlet grabs the front door and tears it out of the brickwork before tossing it aside.

I sigh. "Seventy years. I'm probably going to have to bring in my daughter Lynne to sort his head out."

Queen Hippolyta looks at me askance. "You are a father?"

"And a husband." I hold up my left hand, showing my wedding ring. "Which is one of the reasons why things like this really-. Get me. My nine eldest all had similar upbringings before they entered my care, and everyone involved in setting up this place better hope that they've left this vale of tears…"

We walk up the steps to the opening, a few bricks falling onto the floor but the rest having decided to stick to their supports.

"It's a bit of a circuitous route, so I'm just-" Footsteps run towards us. "-going to dig through directly…"

I trail off as a short-haired blonde woman in surprisingly figure-hugging overalls runs towards us, looking distraught. "Please, you need to stop!"

I raise my left eyebrow. "I don't think I do."

"You know what we're-?" I nod. "Of course. I'm Doctor Llewellyn. They brought me in to see if they could fix him. We were making progress, but-. They're panicking."

"Sounds like a 'them' problem?"

"They didn't just invent tranquilizers! They-."

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhh!"

"Oh no."

Ah. "Doctor, why don't you and Queen Hippolyta take cover? I think I'm going to need to-"

"Mmmnggaaaaaaaaaaaghhh!"

"-focus for this one."

"He's basically just a child-."

"I know, that's why I came here to free him. Get to cover. Do it now." Direct the Peasantry

They move, Hippolyta more purposefully than the Doctor. Alright, exactly where-?

Concrete, soil and brick explodes in all directions as the alien leaps through the ground to punch me in the face!

Last edited:
I snort, shaking my head. "People survive 'cruelly'. People cope with it and go on to live productive lives. They drugged him with everything under the sun, cut him up and stuck him back together dozens of times. The torture-god my father employs would have been impressed. And then the empire the people responsible served collapsed, and the place they build to contain him was left to rot."
That should say 'built'.

"You know what here-?" I nod. "Of course. I'm Doctor Llewellyn. They brought me in to see if they could fix him. We were making progress, but-. They're panicking."
That should say 'what's here'.

"He's as strong-. No, stronger than me, far faster, he can fly under his own power, fire rays of heat out of his eyes and… Heh, probably some other things as well. More to the point, he was a good man. Solid morals. Died last year."

I don't mention the sheer number of people who died as a result of his ineptitude when he fought General Zod in Metropolis. That was… Okay, he got thrown in at the deep end, but a hundred and fifty thousand dead is part of why I'm reluctant to hand this over to the locals. That, and his period of inactivity prior to Zod's arrival. I'm sure that was a good man, I'm just not sure that he was a competent one, and if that's the standard...
Alright, looking this up, apparently it's referring to how superman died during the batman V superman movie.
But things were already strange around that death by Clark's funeral, with the dirt over his coffin levitating at the end of the movie, presumably the question of how superman came back to life before the justice league movies will be answered in man of steel 2, hopefully(or maybe it'll just be left unanswered as an example of terrible writing), but if superman is alive again Grayven doesn't know about it, maybe he isn't alive again yet, maybe he's resurrected but in hiding and Grayven didn't check in enough detail to find him.

That should say 'built'.
That should say 'what's here'.
Thank you, corrected.
Kinda...*remember his dad saying maybe to letting a school bus of children die*
Grayven doesn't know that he did that, and would find it disturbing.
But things were already strange around that death by Clark's funeral, with the dirt over his coffin levitating at the end of the movie, presumably the question of how superman came back to life before the justice league movies will be answered in man of steel 2
I hate to break this to you...
hopefully(or maybe it'll just be left unanswered as an example of terrible writing), but if superman is alive again Grayven doesn't know about it, maybe he isn't alive again yet, maybe he's resurrected but in hiding and Grayven didn't check in enough detail to find him.
No, he's still dead.

Alright, looking this up, apparently it's referring to how superman died during the batman V superman movie.
But things were already strange around that death by Clark's funeral, with the dirt over his coffin levitating at the end of the movie, presumably the question of how superman came back to life before the justice league movies will be answered in man of steel 2, hopefully(or maybe it'll just be left unanswered as an example of terrible writing), but if superman is alive again Grayven doesn't know about it, maybe he isn't alive again yet, maybe he's resurrected but in hiding and Grayven didn't check in enough detail to find him.
That turned out to be a bit of a red herring. In the justice league movie he was revived. Not self resurrected.

17th November 2017
11:38 GMT +5

BOOM!

I walk slowly towards the checkpoint an oblong and mildly concave shield in front of me. The guards saw the boom tube open, saw me emerge from it and are clearly torn between hunkering down and hoping I go away and simply fleeing.
Ah, Renegade continues his derailing of DCEU Canon, I see. And naturally he's doing the 'unstoppable juggernaut' thing to scare off the guards. Which probably helps establish his reputation as a force to be reckoned with once others begin to hear of this.

Hippolyta is trying to keep an eye on me while simultaneously taking in the sights that she's never seen before.

"In Nineteen eighty four, the world of Krypton was destroyed due to its people draining energy from its core. One of their.. philosophers, a man named Jor-El, was able to send his son to Earth for safety before it happened. He landed in a place called Kansas, was taken in by a nice couple and grew to manhood there. Nice chap."
Well, that was the hope. Sadly, thanks to the director's views on superheroes, well...

Two of the guards open fire, their rifle ammunition failing to make any sort of impression on my shield.

Despite the apparent lessons his father was shown teaching him. :rolleyes:

The soldiers at the checkpoint appear to have received instructions from somewhere, and fall back in reasonable order.
And to be fair, that was really only the second time he'd fought anyone with powers on par with him (the first being Smallville a day or two earlier.) Plus Zod was a professional soldier, who had him far out-skilled. He's honestly lucky he won, really.

"Was this his home?"

"No, he lived half a world away from here. This is where they put the other fellow."
Subjekt-17, in case anyone's forgotten.

It's designed to look like a nuclear power plant. But it's not sending power anywhere and the doors are locked and barred.

"What do you mean?"
I'd say something about post-soviet power plants, but... They've already had enough of a beating... :p

"I mean-" I jerk my left hand out, construct hand gripping a man who thought that he was being clever by sneaking around the side and taking aim. I pull him through the air right up to me and leave him dangling there. "-that the one ended up here did not get a good home." I smile at my prisoner. "Isn't that right?"

"I-I-I don't know anything-."
I suspect right now, his pants are as yellow as his speech. :V

"Of course you don't, of course you don't. They don't tell privates working security at sites like this the details of their top secret projects! That would be ridiculous."

His eyes widen.
...But people do talk. And what else is there to do in a place like this but gossip?

"And I'm not going to kill you either." I roll my eyes. "I mean, look at you. Still holding your gun? Good man, good man." I lean in slightly, and he tries to cringe back but can't because my construct won't let him. "Put the gun up to my left eye, then pull the trigger."

"Huh?"
Ooh, pulling the old 'Superman Returns' stunt, huh? Good way to reinforce that impression of invulnerability and sow some fear.

"I want to demonstrate to your colleagues that they can't fight me. So I'm giving you a free volley." I reach over with my right hand and lift the barrel of his rifle upwards, until the tip of the barrel is right against my left eye. "There. Do you need me to-?"

CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-CHUH-clickclickclickclick.
...Funnily enough, most gun ranges frown on that sort of sustained fire tomfoolery. :p

"Aim it for you?" I dismiss my construct and half catch half prod him in the direction of his comrade's firing line-. No, wait, the Soviet Union collapsed, I shouldn't call them 'comrades' or it'll start sounding like I'm the Soviet experiment. "Trot along, chum."

"Uh?"
Well, at least the guy got to look like a badass in front of his squad.

I look him over. Ah. "You're not going to find a change of trousers here, are you? Go!"

He scrambles away, nearly dropping his rifle but staggering as he frantically catches it and starts running again.
Because the terrifyingly powerful alien invader busting in is no reason to drop your weapon, soldier! :p

"Did you need to humiliate him?"

"Humiliate? The man who got right up close to the alien overlord and gave him a full clip to the face? He's going to be dining out on that one for years." I start walking again. "But as I was saying, this one didn't get a good home. A little under seventy years ago, a flying ship crashed in Russia. Three people on board. The father was the helmsman, and he died at his post. The mother survived the impact, but she had a difficult delivery, and combined with the injuries she sustained in the crash and the changes the Earth wrought on her body, she died as the local physicians tried to save her. Her son lived."
...Not a good day for anyone, that one.

I don't bother listening to whoever that was have a shouted conversation with his sergeant. I do note them leaving without trying to fight further, but it's a background to what I'm actually interested in.

"And they treated him cruelly."
...That would be an understatement, if anything. Though if they learned anything from him, it wasn't put into use...

I snort, shaking my head. "People survive 'cruelly'. People cope with it and go on to live productive lives. They drugged him with everything under the sun, cut him up and stuck him back together dozens of times. The torture-god my father employs would have been impressed. And then the empire the people responsible served collapsed, and the place they build to contain him was left to rot."

A giant yellow gauntlet grabs the front door and tears it out of the brickwork before tossing it aside.
And when you can say Desaad, New God of Torture, would be impressed, that says a lot about the whole affair. None of it good.

I sigh. "Seventy years. I'm probably going to have to bring in my daughter Lynne to sort his head out."

Queen Hippolyta looks at me askance. "You are a father?"
What, a man you consider 'evil' can't be a loving father?

"And a husband." I hold up my left hand, showing my wedding ring. "Which is one of the reasons why things like this really-. Get me. My nine eldest all had similar upbringings before they entered my care, and everyone involved in setting up this place better hope that they've left this vale of tears…"

We walk up the steps to the opening, a few bricks falling onto the floor but the rest having decided to stick to their supports.
...Huh, He and Luna tied the knot? Bravo for living the dream of many a Brony. :p

"It's a bit of a circuitous route, so I'm just-" Footsteps run towards us. "-going to dig through directly…"

I trail off as a short-haired blonde woman in surprisingly figure-hugging overalls runs towards us, looking distraught. "Please, you need to stop!"
What is it about secret scientific facilities having such flatteringly tailored uniforms? Do they just have a machine that makes perfectly fitted gear for every staff member or something? ;)

I raise my left eyebrow. "I don't think I do."

"You know what here-?" I nod. "Of course. I'm Doctor Llewellyn. They brought me in to see if they could fix him. We were making progress, but-. They're panicking."
'Bury the whole facility under concrete' panicking, or 'set off the emergency nuclear bomb' panicking? ...Eh, they'd probably try both at the same time.

"Sounds like a 'them' problem?"

"They didn't just invent tranquilizers! They-."
...Produced chemical weaponry capable of hurting the kid?

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhh!"

"Oh no."
...Yeah, he's pissed.

Ah. "Doctor, why don't you and Queen Hippolyta take cover? I think I'm going to need to-"

"Mmmnggaaaaaaaaaaaghhh!"
Anyone who can't tank a nuclear-level impact, please clear the fight. Or you'll become the splash zone.

"-focus for this one."

"He's basically just a child-."

"I know, that's why I came here to free him. Get to cover. Do it now." Direct the Peasantry
At least the Renegade is compassionate enough to do this as gently as he can.

They move, Hippolyta more purposefully than the Doctor. Alright, exactly where-?

Concrete, soil and brick explodes in all directions as the alien leaps through the ground to punch me in the face!
Because when you're that strong, walls, ceilings and floors don't exactly slow you down.

All right, then. Time to give the hurting kid a cool-down hug... Possibly one likely to require enough force to turn coal into diamonds. Still, the Renegade has enough experience with kids to do this safely. Just a matter of keeping the fight away from anyone fragile enough to be reduced to a red smear by the passing sound of their blows. :confused: ...Good luck with that.

Upon rereading this, it made me realize that the Renegade at this point in time has more than nine kids. The nine mentioned here would be the eight succupires and Lynne. Did the Renegade have children with Luna somehow? Or did he adopt more kids later in his life?

Is it after the second time that Tommy left, the temporary recharge of the coin there or before that
Yes. One of those.

Not trying to be a dick, but it's been a long time since I watched it and I don't remember it in enough detail to tell you.
I mean, sure he can, but if a person is evil then their definition of "loving" would most likely be twisted.
Thaddeus Sivana was a good father without compromising his evil.
Upon rereading this, it made me realize that the Renegade at this point in time has more than nine kids. The nine mentioned here would be the eight succupires and Lynne. Did the Renegade have children with Luna somehow? Or did he adopt more kids later in his life?
When you live indefinitely and don't get old, the usual upper limit on children doesn't apply. Starswirls Mirror enables conception by default.

Hm. I see a Power Rangers bit. Before Paul in Gensokyo, no less. The 'actually a comic character' is neat, but I'm pondering what the comics/show might actually have looked like here. Just bits that would have matched up with our YJ's episodes/scenes? Paul feels like main-character material from his point of view, but I'd find it a bit funny if a lot of his stuff is either off-screen or in the canon-adjacent 'altered' Green Lantern the Animated series. (Can't hog all the spotlight on The Team)

Meta-stuff and things Paul knows, too? Is he like Gwenpool in that everyone knows what's with the isekai guy, or is stuff like his age meant to be le big reveal in this world's series? If it was a collection of specific recognizable scenes from the main story, what's the chances that a lot of his experiences could simply be 'fluff' made up by the spell to bridge the gaps?

Last edited:
Maybe I'm over thinking the plot but maybe Rita's goons try to summon another comic book character, this time being an actual villain, who happens to be a competent magic user or has conceptual powers strong enough to subvert their summoner long enough to take control. From there they ensure their long term survival by eliminate the local heroes but Paul steps him to stop them long enough for the Rangers to come up with a plan which eventually leads to OL becoming a real boy or become the Zordon to his own team of power ring based heroes. I'm thinking maybe an Klarion or an alternate version of Nabu, or possibly a facsimile of Darkseid with a portion of the Anti-Life Equation, or even Truggs just for the joke of he sees himself as Paul's archenemy.
Or if not DC then maybe Marvel or some other comic company Paul has metaknowledge about.

He also got two of his kids involved in a lifestyle where super strong people try to punch them and law enforcement and governments want to put them in prison or execute them, so not exactly the best example.
He encouraged them to follow their interests and develop their abilities. What sort of father would he be if he put his preference for their safety over them having their own lives?

He encouraged them to follow their interests and develop their abilities. What sort of father would he be if he put his preference for their safety over them having their own lives?

Encouraging your children to follow their interests is not an unalloyed good. It's *usually* good, but in extreme cases like supervillainy, it isn't.

There's also the question of influencing their interests. If he hadn't been a supervillain, would they *really* have found supervillainy so attractive?

Encouraging your children to follow their interests is not an unalloyed good. It's *usually* good, but in extreme cases like supervillainy, it isn't.
Not for society in general, but the children are happy and fulfilled.
There's also the question of influencing their interests. If he hadn't been a supervillain, would they *really* have found supervillainy so attractive?
Two of them didn't, so he considers his approach to be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back