• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

"The comic wasn't a portal to a parallel universe. It was fictional, and so was I. Nothing I saw, or… Remember seeing, was actually real. It's like-."
Paul's knowledge of local magic is non-existent. The closest thing to a local expert he has spoken to admits they have no clue what happened or how it works. Paul knows the multiverse is a very big place and its complexity has thus far defeated even the most advanced intellects imaginable.
So where the heck does he get this irrational certainty that he was created by the potion rather than summoned through it?
Particularly when this is the day he was expecting reality to be especially wibbly wobbly?

Paul's knowledge of local magic is non-existent. The closest thing to a local expert he has spoken to admits they have no clue what happened or how it works. Paul knows the multiverse is a very big place and its complexity has thus far defeated even the most advanced intellects imaginable.
So where the heck does he get this irrational certainty that he was created by the potion rather than summoned through it?
Particularly when this is the day he was expecting reality to be especially wibbly wobbly?
The DCU has a built in explanation, even: In Grant Morrison's Multiversity, our world is merely one in the multiverse, and the multiverses connect through comics, as the story of one universe resonates through themultuversal uncomcious, and inspires writers in another to chronicle it. One world's reality, another world's fiction. Hilariously, that's not even Morrison's metsfiction obession: Remember why Barry Allan chose his name and costume back in his first apperance? Because he was a fan of Golden Age Flash comic books, the same Golden Age Flash he himself would later meet in another universe. And he offers that explanation. In an infinite multiverse, some realities will appear to match other's fiction.

Imagine if he goes to Rita to hear her side of the story. She wants to conquer the world for Lord Zedd, right? What are their policies for governing it? Would it really be a bad thing if they took over? Oh sure they're evil alright, but looking at our own world with its corrupt politicians and greedy corporations at least Rita and Zedd are honest about being evil.

But did Zordon not confirm that he is, in fact, a magical construct? An artificial lifeform created from the comic and powered by magic? He said to not be as knowledgeable about the Alchemy but he did seem certain about the nature of Copy-Paul and that anything he used his powers on would have no permanence.

I personally wouldn't take Baboo or Rita to be experts in comics, and only one issue was used instead of a whole collection, so the memories he has of Earth 16 couldn't have been just implanted by them. As such, it could be that the comic issue was used as a medium not only for the creation but also to draw a copy of the Illustres' memories into the magical construct.

Unless we are taking the option that Zordon doesn't actually know shit and was totally lying in the meeting they had, in which case, yeah, why would he think he has an expiration date? He should just be looking for a way back, no need to waste time on trying to prolong his existence.

Thank you, corrected.
Does he know for certain? No. On the basis of the evidence available to him is it the most likely explanation? Yes.

Zordon isn't familiar with the exact magic used, but he is familiar with the sort of things magic can do and how it does it. He's a good deal more familiar with parallel universe stuff, and is reasonably confident that his sensors would detect that.

I'm just hoping that the solution involves going to a piano bar in la

Gotta say, I love how you're handling the rangers. They all feel in-character for the Mighty Morphin team, and when it comes to a good crossover, you wanna treat both sides with respect.

Currently think Paul might try to assimilate Baboo, though any confrontation with Rita might not end well. At least without some mystic aid on Paul's side..Zoat, could Paul summon Nabu-666 or is he cut off from the construct lanterns?

Gotta say, I love how you're handling the rangers. They all feel in-character for the Mighty Morphin team, and when it comes to a good crossover, you wanna treat both sides with respect.

Currently think Paul might try to assimilate Baboo, though any confrontation with Rita might not end well. At least without some mystic aid on Paul's side..Zoat, could Paul summon Nabu-666 or is he cut off from the construct lanterns?
He might be able to do that, but he suspects that it would consume huge amounts of energy.

The whole 'magic will be undone' thing feels like you might be taking it a step too far. Monster magic does work like that, but only for the first stage effects. A monster turns a bunch of people into cookies- they'll turn back when it dies or the magic runs out. A monster summons a ball of fire and blows up a building and kills hundreds? They all stay dead and the building is wrecked.

Orange could build a machine using his ring and even if the machine fell apart after his magic ran out, anything that machine did would persist.

Oh, he still needs the technology.

There's a Wormfic somewhere around here where Taylor gets Necron technology, and the tinkertech review board keeps turning her inventions down for being too deadly. In the end they approve a cleaning machine which drops waste material into a pocket dimension because it won't be used in combat. One of the reviewers expresses surprise at her designing something so safe... And then another reviewer points out that there's no way out of the pocket dimension and no food, water or air there.
You mean the same way that Rita and her crew needed food, air and water while sealed away in that space dumpster? Zordon's one of the most powerful magic users in a universe filled with powerful magic users. Either the properties of the time warp he's trapped in are keeping him alive, or his magic renders those problems mute(either by making them unnecessary for him, or by letting him freely conjure those things).

Again, Zordon is not actually inside the tube, the tube is just a method of communication. It's a just a monitor connected to Zordon's interdimensional video conferencing set up. You could blow it up and the only problem Zordon would have would be the fact that he'd be completely cut off from communicating with the outside world till a new tube got constructed(you know, like what happened the first time the Command Center got blown up).

It's only in Power Rangers the Movie that has Zordon in the tube and have his life support be connected to said tube.

Mighty Morphin' Lantern Rangers (part 6)
1st April 1995
20:26 GMT

Nineties mundane data protection, the sort of thing you can bypass with a dial tone. But my energy budget is unusually strict. I could scan the entire world, but…

I don't know how much of my optimal lifespan that would use. It might be none. It might be that the power from the potion went into making my ring and now it just does ring things, at least for as long as its current charge holds out. I'd experiment, but that might make me die faster.

And I don't know if this universe has souls, much less whether or not I still have one.

Death could be permanent here.

I could die. For real.

I dealt with that. Or rather, the comic book character whose memories I have dealt with that. And now I've got to deal with that all again, because-. Because it didn't happen. And I guess I'm glad to exist, but from my point of view I-. I didn't exist but my memories tell me that I did.

And I want to keep existing.

Everyone… Else… My friends, family… They don't exist. Didn't exist. And even if I got more of whatever that potion was and… Pour it out…

I don't even know how to evaluate that. Definitely immoral without a way to sustain them. And then… I don't have a problem with selfishly bringing fictional characters I know into being rather than fictional characters I don't, but…

I don't know.

But keeping myself alive comes first.

Positives. Not many. With no Justice League here I can pretty much do whatever I want. Since I'll be dead soon anyway, there are basically no consequences that are worse for me than the inevitable. So between the aforementioned nineties electronic security and my willingness to completely disregard the law, I can hop from secure facility to secure facility and scan whatever I want.

If only anyone had anything worth stealing.

The National Security Agency facility near Angel Grove had plenty of data on their fights, as well as all of the personal data of each Ranger. Because ducking into an alleyway might throw off a putty but actual spies are a little harder to fool. But when monsters are destroyed by the Megazord's finishing moves there isn't much left in one piece, and sometimes what there is reverts to clay. And as far as they can tell, the clay itself is completely mundane.

I might be able to get more. But I'm not risking shortening my lifespan to try.

Area 51 was a disappointment. Not a single intact ship and most of their research on the fragments they have is on paper. I copied a few pages before deciding that it was worthless.

The Bermuda Triangle is a perfectly normal confluence of shipping lanes with a statistically average number of disappearances.

Loch Ness does actually have an alien sea creature in it. But it's not one that can give me what I need.

The Tunguska Event was an alien incursion, but reading between the lines in the contemporary reports it looks like Zordon dealt with it while he was in his prime. Some machinery was recovered, but between revolutions, governmental circular firing squads and general neglect, if there ever was anything that could help me it's long since broken beyond my capacity to repair.

I'm dithering.

I know that there were different generations of Power Rangers, but I don't remember when they went from just changing the current cast to restarting the whole thing. Or if they shared a setting. There were time travellers, ninjas, beast… Something or other? There probably are things I could loot to sustain myself. But I don't know enough to remember where they are.

I'm still dithering.

Did Rita ever have a goal? A… Strategy that went beyond this week's plan? Now that I'm not ten years old, the ability to teleport superhuman soldiers to anywhere on Earth seems like something that would make it simple enough to just bypass the Power Rangers and conquer the planet conventionally. Even if their equipment can't make many monsters within a given timeframe, she could easily…

Mid-nineties. The Bosnia war is still going on. She could make a deal with any of the involved parties, give them some monster support and then have a base of operations on Earth. Large parts of Africa would be incapable of offering meaningful resistance. The Russian Federation is still kind of a mess.

But no. She attacks Angel Grove. Is that because her experience tells her that the Power Rangers are the only thing able to resist her significantly? And that this is genuinely the most efficient route to go down? Am I overestimating putties? Regular putties could be beaten up by human martial artists, so they're probably perfectly killable by actual guns. The Lord Zed putties were invulnerable everywhere except the 'Z' on their chests, but they weren't actually any better at fighting than the other sort. Just tankier until whoever they're fighting works out where they should be hitting and then they could be destroyed by literal children.

I suppose that against someone who knows to attack the weak spot, they're actually worse than normal putties.

The giant monsters would still beat everything that isn't a zord or a tactical nuclear device. I'd bet on an infantry platoon against most regular-sized monsters, but they'd take losses killing it.

I look up, and there's the moon.

Time to stop dithering.

I accelerate, trying to spot any space-based defences. Or weapons. Or detection devices. Looks like a few American satellites are pointing at the moon, but I don't know if that's more than normal or not.

No weapons. The SALT treaty was intended to stop people using space based weapons against targets on Earth, not against other things in space. If they didn't want to use nuclear weapons then they could build a railgun and start blasting with that.

Are they dealing with the same problem of ignorance that I am?

Closer to the moon, and closer, and closer… There's the pot… Container thing, that Rita got out of. Odd that she just left it lying there. I'd have either kept it with me or destroyed it, but up to her.

Step through the dust and there's her citadel, complete with… Telescope that's currently pointing at me. Something about the building is throwing off my scans, but they definitely know that I'm-.

A golden fleck leaves-.

I stop, because while Goldar had effectively been reduced to scenery by the time I started watching he's supposed to be a significant physical threat. And to emphasise that I don't want to fight I hold my hands out to the side with my fingers unclenched.

By the looks of things his flight speed isn't all that great, but he's not on a death clock.

He slows as he approaches conversation range though he keeps his sword at the ready.

"You. You were supposed to fight the Power Rangers."

"Why? I had no reason to fight them."

"Because it is what you were made for!"

"And if I'd been told that, I might have acted on it. Or at least asked-."

"WHAT?! What do you mean, you weren't told? How did those idiots bungle that?"

"I couldn't tell you. My… Creator just told the Power Rangers that I was there to destroy them, without telling me to do so or explain why I should. I am here because I wish to offer your mistress my services. For appropriate compensation."

He sneers. "Mercenary."

"Yes."

His stare becomes slightly less intense. "Hah. She will hear you. And if you fail to impress her, you will not live to return to Earth."

"Rightoh. Lead the way."

Last edited:
went into making me ring

"my ring"

Did Rita ever have a goal?

Universal conquest would be my guess.

goal? A… Strategy that went beyond this week's plan? Now that I'm not ten years old, the ability to teleport superhuman soldiers to anywhere on Earth seems like something that would make it simple enough to just bypass the Power Rangers and conquer the planet conventionally

But she probably considers Zordon and his Rangers as the biggest threat since that's what defeated her last time.

Mid-nineties. The Bosnia war is still going on. She could make a deal with any of the involved parties, give them some monster support and then have a base of operations on Earth. Large parts of Africa would be incapable of offering meaningful resistance. The Russian Federation is still kind of a mess

Assuming she'd consider working with people she considers her inferiors.

Steps through the dust

"Step"

should. I am here because I wish to offer your mistress my services. For appropriate compensation

I do remember it being mentioned that he'd help Rita.

1st April 1995
The giant monsters would still beat everything that isn't a zord or a tactical nuclear device. I'd bet on an infantry platoon against most regular-sized monsters, but they'd take losses killing it.
Depends on the monster. A lot of them had pretty haxy attacks that could take even a Ranger out of the fight(god only knows how many monsters the ability had to turn people into objects or absorb into their bodies or lock them into a pocket dimension).

"I couldn't tell you. My… Creator just told the Power Rangers that I was there to destroy them, without telling me to do so or explain why I should.

To be fair, Squatt did say:

"Go, my Orange… Warmaster! Destroy the Power Rangers!"

But it's not like Goldar knows that, so a small fib to explain things is probably perfectly reasonable.

1st April 1995
20:26 GMT

Nineties mundane data protection, the sort of thing you can bypass with a dial tone. But my energy budget is unusually strict. I could scan the entire world, but…

I don't know how much of my optimal lifespan that would use. It might be none. It might be that the power from the potion went into making me ring and now it just does ring things, at least for as long as its current charge holds out. I'd experiment, but that might make me die faster.
And with that thanatophobia burning away at full force, I can tell that's something you don't want. Honestly, though, you're lucky you can even access some systems, given the somewhat scattershot nature of the Internet at this stage.

And I don't know if this universe has souls, much less whether or not I still have one.

Death could be permanent here.
Pretty sure there's ghosts around, if nothing else. Or at least some form of post-mortal state. Certainly, the first Galaxy Pink lingered for a while.

I could die. For real.

I dealt with that. Or rather, the comic book character whose memories I have dealt with that. And now I've got to deal with that all again, because-. Because it didn't happen. And I guess I'm glad to exist, but from my point of view I-. I didn't exist but my memories tell me that I did.
Stop overthinking it, man. You're going to drive yourself crazy, thinking in circles at this rate.

And I want to keep existing.

Everyone… Else… My friends, family… They don't exist. Didn't exist. And even if I got more of whatever that potion was and… Pour it out…
Uh-oh. He's getting kind of desperate...

I don't even know how to evaluate that. Definitely immoral without a way to sustain them. And then… I don't have a problem with selfishly bringing fictional characters I know into being rather than fictional characters I don't, but…

I don't know.
...And desperate men do crazy things.

But keeping myself alive comes first.

Positives. Not many. With no Justice League here I can pretty much do whatever I want. Since I'll be dead soon anyway, there are basically no consequences that are worse for me than the inevitable. So between the aforementioned nineties electronic security and my willingness to completely disregard the law, I can hop from secure facility to secure facility and scan whatever I want.

If only anyone had anything worth stealing.
Ah, the old saw: 'Character is what you are in the dark.' No oversight, no-one telling him no (other than the Rangers, and they might not learn what he's doing except by accident.) What is he willing to try to survive?

The National Security Agency facility near Angel Grove had plenty of data on their fights, as well as all of the personal data of each Ranger. Because ducking into an alleyway might throw off a putty but actual spies are a little harder to fool. But when monsters are destroyed by the Megazord's finishing moves there isn't much left in one piece, and sometimes what there is reverts to clay. And as far as they can tell, the clay itself is completely mundane.
And no doubt they decided 'Let's not bother these kids, because those suits let them fight things that could slaughter average people on an even footing.' Or they're waiting for orders on what to do...

I might be able to get more. But I'm not risking shortening my lifespan to try.

Area 51 was a disappointment. Not a single intact ship and most of their research on the fragments they have is on paper. I copied a few pages before deciding that it was worthless.
...Honestly, I'm not surprised.

The Bermuda Triangle is a perfectly normal confluence of shipping lanes with a statistically average number of disappearances.

Loch Ness does actually have an alien sea creature in it. But it's not one that can give me what I need.
Huh. Wonder if that ever comes up in 'Power Rangers'?

The Tunguska Event was an alien incursion, but reading between the lines in the contemporary reports it looks like Zordon dealt with it while he was in his prime. Some machinery was recovered, but between revolutions, governmental circular firing squads and general neglect, if there ever was anything that could help me it's long since broken beyond my capacity to repair.
...I'm guessing he did it remotely, or sent Alpha. Or there were earlier Ranger teams.

I'm dithering.

I know that there were different generations of Power Rangers, but I don't remember when they went from just changing the current cast to restarting the whole thing. Or if they shared a setting. There were time travellers, ninjas, beast… Something or other? There probably are things I could loot to sustain myself. But I don't know enough to remember where they are.
A helpful timeline for us readers. And apparently previous Ranger teams are a thing, though not long-term groups..

I'm still dithering.

Did Rita ever have a goal? A… Strategy that went beyond this week's plan? Now that I'm not ten years old, the ability to teleport superhuman soldiers to anywhere on Earth seems like something that would make it simple enough to just bypass the Power Rangers and conquer the planet conventionally. Even if their equipment can't make many monsters within a given timeframe, she could easily…
To be fair, even if she overcame the Rangers and Zordon... He had backup plans, including an apprentice.

Mid-nineties. The Bosnia war is still going on. She could make a deal with any of the involved parties, give them some monster support and then have a base of operations on Earth. Large parts of Africa would be incapable of offering meaningful resistance. The Russian Federation is still kind of a mess.
Fortunately, she hasn't thought of that. Probably too dismissive of regular humans.

But no. She attacks Angel Grove. Is that because her experience tells her that the Power Rangers are the only thing able to resist her significantly? And that this is genuinely the most efficient route to go down? Am I overestimating putties? Regular putties could be beaten up by human martial artists, so they're probably perfectly killable by actual guns. The Lord Zed putties were invulnerable everywhere except the 'Z' on their chests, but they weren't actually any better at fighting than the other sort. Just tankier until whoever they're fighting works out where they should be hitting and then they could be destroyed by literal children.
That was an odd choice of upgrade on his part. Must have been some quirk of whatever magic he used to upgrade them in the first place.

I suppose that against someone who knows to attack the weak spot, they're actually worse than normal putties.

Honestly, it's likely dependant on how Finster designed the Monster of the Week. A weak mind-controller might get shredded in a straight fight, but would avoid it to begin with. A resilient physical fighter? Good luck hurting it without Morphin Grid energy or heavy anti-tank weapons.

I look up, and there's the moon.

Time to stop dithering.
Plan B, then. B for Boot to the door.

I accelerate, trying to spot any space-based defences. Or weapons. Or detection devices. Looks like a few American satellites are pointing at the moon, but I don't know if that's more than normal or not.

No weapons. The SALT treaty was intended to stop people using space based weapons against targets on Earth, not against other things in space. If they didn't want to use nuclear weapons then they could build a railgun and start blasting with that.
Hmm... Wonder if any of those were keeping tabs on a certain spot. After all, we don't know what happened to those astronauts, do we?

Are they dealing with the same problem of ignorance that I am?

Closer to the moon, and closer, and closer… There's the pot… Container thing, that Rita got out of. Odd that she just left it lying there. I'd have either kept it with me or destroyed it, but up to her.
Bet she simply doesn't want to be reminded of her previous capture.

Steps through the dust and there's her citadel, complete with… Telescope that's currently pointing at me. Something about the building is throwing off my scans, but they definitely know that I'm-.

A golden fleck leaves-.
...You'd think people would have noticed that at some point. Or was it simply magically concealed, hmm?

I stop, because while Goldar had effectively been reduced to scenery by the time I started watching he's supposed to be a significant physical threat. And to emphasise that I don't want to fight I hold my hands out to the side with my fingers unclenched.

By the looks of things his flight speed isn't all that great, but he's not on a death clock.
At least he can fly, though given that the Moon in this universe has enough atmosphere to have day and night, if that earlier scene with the astronauts was anything to go by....

He slows as he approaches conversation range though he keeps his sword at the ready.

Aw, was someone upset by his lack of instant aggression? :p Then again, they couldn't have known he'd have foreknowledge of the Rangers...

I bet he doesn't have this kind of trouble with the usual monster crowd, since they're built to task.

To be fair, it was a confusing situation.

"I couldn't tell you. My… Creator just told the Power Rangers that I was there to destroy them, without telling me to do so or explain why I should. I am here because I wish to offer your mistress my services. For appropriate compensation."

He sneers. "Mercenary."
Smart. On the other hand, it means they're not going to trust you straight off, given the attitude.

"Yes."

His stare becomes slightly less intense. "Hah. She will hear you. And if you fail to impress her, you will not live to return to Earth."

"Rightoh. Lead the way."
He's facing death either way. If she kills him, then so be it...

So, this promises to be entertaining, if only for the common sense he's about to drop on Rita. The question is, will her ego let her recognise the good advice, or just get a headache? And this promises to be confusing for the Rangers, too, who won't have seen this coming, unless Billy is enough of a fan to realise how OL might react.

I was rereading and found that this link in Godspeech isn't working anymore.
That's because 1d4chan is prone to going offline. Mr Zoat, you might be better off finding a copy and hosting it on your usual spot? [Edit: Updated with Knowyourmeme.com image link]

Last edited:
You mean the same way that Rita and her crew needed food, air and water while sealed away in that space dumpster? Zordon's one of the most powerful magic users in a universe filled with powerful magic users. Either the properties of the time warp he's trapped in are keeping him alive, or his magic renders those problems mute(either by making them unnecessary for him, or by letting him freely conjure those things).

Again, Zordon is not actually inside the tube, the tube is just a method of communication. It's a just a monitor connected to Zordon's interdimensional video conferencing set up. You could blow it up and the only problem Zordon would have would be the fact that he'd be completely cut off from communicating with the outside world till a new tube got constructed(you know, like what happened the first time the Command Center got blown up).

It's only in Power Rangers the Movie that has Zordon in the tube and have his life support be connected to said tube.

I recognise how passionate you are about this, but I think that you're fixating a little much on two lines of no significance. If it makes you feel happier, the SI doesn't actually understand the machinery that Zordon is using and may just have misidentified what it does based on fictional DC devices.

And no doubt they decided 'Let's not bother these kids, because those suits let them fight things that could slaughter average people on an even footing.' Or they're waiting for orders on what to do...

There's also the possibility that they don't know about Zordon, but they know that these kids got their advanced tech from somewhere and someone, and that someone may not be too pleased if their tech is stolen.

It's not a good idea to piss off someone with giant robots in their arsenal.

Rita's goal is pretty simple. Conquer the Earth. Partly because she's always wanted to be an evil conqueror like her father and brother, but mostly because it's the job she was given by Lord Zedd. She's his subordinate. He eventually shows up because he's pissed that she hasn't conquered the Earth yet even though he told her to do it thousands of years ago.

The Z-Putties are also kind of inconsistently vulnerable to their weakspot being hit. Really, it's whatever is convenient to the plot. So when the Rangers got turned into kids again, the force of a child throwing a dodge ball into the emblem could take them out. But then in proper Ranger battles there were times a transformed Power Ranger had to get multiple, hard hits on the Z emblem before they'd actually explode.

And of course it is interesting that she's so obsessed with hitting the Rangers directly by constantly attacking Angel Grove. Because the World of the Coinless timeline, where Tommy willingly joined her and started calling himself Drakkon, is one where she decided to use more subversive tactics to slowly conquer territory on the Earth over a period of years. To the point she had a full on army to throw at the Rangers in thebattle that completed her conquest.

Not that she enjoyed victory for very long. Drakkon was pretty quick to kill her so he could rule alone once they won.

The Lord Zed putties were invulnerable everywhere except the 'Z' on their chests,
And then they still take awhile to beat. Frustrated me as a kid. They figure this out in like the first episode but never keep it up and sometimes beat them without it and a few times hit the X without anything happening.
Wonder if that ever comes up in 'Power Rangers'?
PR Turbo if I recall, but magic so he probably can't.

I'd definitely go for the Zero Crystals. Even if the conversion wasn't great, they are powerful enough it might not matter.

Mr Zoat
Your current arc reminds me of a Comic I read long ago. It was online. Only the first issue was free. I think it was called The Patriot? I never bought the rest so I don't know how it turned out. The idea was what if the most powerful hero had only 6 months to live.
It wasn't DC or Marvel. I know that much. All original characters.
The MC was a guy that looked to be in his 30s and like 40 years ago or so he was an astronaut who got hit by space energy and got ALL the powers. And though he could have lived like a god he was so morally just that he didn't. Started hero traditions, got titled "The Patriot", formed the largest and most powerful Super team fought as a true hero for decades without ever taking a life. And he was always in perfect health. Then Patriot got headaches and after helping some scientists and doctors build a scanning device on the moon that was powerful enough to get thru his protections to scan his brain they told him he has a tumor or something and only 6 months to live. And he decided not to get a second opinion because the first device took 6 months to make.

So Patriot reflects on his life and comes to the hard conclusion that the best use of his time is to murder every awful villain that was too powerful for anyone but him to beat. The ones that ONLY he has any hope of beating and did so.
He doesn't hide it. He tells his family and his friends and coworkers ahead of time the last scene of that first issue was him talking to his son while they were doing something in the garage to help his (teenage? Adult?) son come to terms with his decisions. And his version of Justice League shows up united to stop him because this violates the ideals he once stood for. His son tries defend him but The Patriot quiets him saying they aren't wrong. And ends there. Couldn't find it but I know there was more issues to be bought.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back