• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

10th April 2013
12:54 GMT -5

Karon peers at the pages of her novel as I deposit her lunch in front of her before sitting down in the seat opposite.

She looks up at me and shrugs. "It doesn't look much different."
Just because the camera is better, doesn't mean the tape recorder is. There's only so many upgrades he could safely make, and unless you want to try implanting a better visual cortex... Well, best to go with what you've got.

"It won't. Remember, people don't see with their eyes. The eyes are merely light sensors. The image you perceive is assembled in your brain, and the human brain does a lot of editing before you become consciously aware of what you're seeing. Here."

I fabricate a classical 'blind spot disappearing shape' test on a sheet of paper and offer it to her.
A fairly simple process. This Wikipedia page has a basic one to try it out for yourselves.

"Ever done one of these?"

She nods. "In middle school." She then holds up the paper and moves it around, trying to find a spot she no longer has. "This… Huh."
I expect her field of vision is also a little better, especially if OL did any fine-tuning of the iris and lens.

"Of course, because saccades are pretty much hard wired into the brain, that won't change much about the way you use your eyes even if they're pretty much unnecessary for you now."

"Saccades?"
Saccades. Unless you're absolutely focusing on one thing, your eye jitters about. You don't even notice it until you look for it, so to speak.

"Small movements of the eye. Your brain 'knows' that it can't see part of its visual field, so it makes sure that you move your eyes around enough to let it build a picture to cover it up. Editing the rest of the body is a lot easier than editing the brain."

"And this doesn't cause a problem with… I don't know, my body won't try regrowing blood vessels over my retina?"
...Huh, that might be a concern. T be fair, if you suffer damage that requires that sort of regrowth, your eye might be worse off than just a detached retina or something...

"No. Ah-." Hm. "If you got metahuman regeneration from somewhere it might, but… Normal human healing works by copying the tissues around the injury, rather than fixing the body to template. That's why most people can't regrow a hand or other complicated bits. If you do gain metahuman abilities or use magical healing, come and see me immediately afterwards."

"Was that in the waver?"
For instance, Wolverine's healing factor seems to have a firm template of Logan that it restores him to no matter how bad he's hurt. Like that stupid time he regrew from being reduced to bare bones. Or the way his hair constantly grows back into its' iconic points.

"I thought you read it."

She shrugs. "I skimmed it."
Bad idea. That fine print, kiddo.

"Never enter into any kind of contract with a demon."

She puts down the sheet and picks up her sandwich. "Duh."
And how will you know it's a demon? It's not like they have to walk around smelling of brimstone.

"Or any kind of supernatural entity. If we had a functioning legal system I'd add 'major corporation', but I'm pretty sure we could force majeure that if it came to it."

She chews for a moment, her eyes widening in pleased surprise. "'his is goo'." She swallows. "Where'd you get it?"
Amusing, that she's more interested in the sandwich than the legalities of contracts...

"Sicily."

"I think it's called 'Little Italy' in New York."
Karon, you work with a guy who commutes across the galaxy in the blink of an eye...

"The predominantly Italian area of New York is called Little Italy. The island next to Italy's toe is called Sicily."

"What happened to food shortages?"
...If he says it's from somewhere foreign-sounding, he's not joking.

"Food production hasn't been as badly affected as that. Farmers had a better than average survival rate. The issue is harvesting and transportation to places that don't generate food, maintaining farm equipment and... Deliberate destruction of labour-intensive farmlands."

"Like..?"
Ah. Of course the 'cheap' option of hiring backpackers and immigrants had pretty much quietened down then.

"Like mechanised family farms are fine, but places that relied on mass itinerant labour tended to get burned to the ground. After the Sheeda, quite a lot of European countries-. They were actually deliberately shutting their farms down as a matter of government policy before that to reduce carbon dioxide emissions. Then they started having actual food shortages, and not just as a result of panic-buying, so they changed their policies. So when the Broadcast happened, there were quite a lot of small new farms ready to go. But they can't sell to anyone, because all of the parts of the economy that could do that aren't there."
At least, not until corporations get back on their feet. Or someone takes charge locally.

She takes another bite of near-perfect ham sandwich. Americans usually react well to actual food, and I'm glad that Karon's no exception.

"Is the League gunna fix that?"
...Says a lot about what Americans actually eat, doesn't it? ;)

"The League… Can't, really. We're a disaster management charity. We can move a few hundreds tons here and there, we can't replace the entire transportation infrastructure of Earth. Maybe if Atlantis was still connected to the rest of the world and they didn't mind just making dolmen gates." I half smile. "Britain's actually doing okay because of all of the gates they bought to replace their rail network. We just moved them to major distribution nodes, and… Got Mister Atom to calculate a schedule. Other places… We're sort of hoping that people fix their own little bits of everything so we can coordinate things."
The hard part of taking over the world: Organising the rest of it. If some of those 'conqueror' types had to see this, they'd probably give it up.

"I thought you were taking over the world."

"I'm not allowed to talk about the League taking over the world."
And really, would you want Batman annoyed at you because you did talk about it? Especially these days?

She raises her now-naturally-linear eyebrows. "You're actually doing that? I thought that was just you mouthing off."

...Okay, why do I feel like he's got that set to a macro now?

She takes another bite, thoughtfully.

"You're not… Putting anything in our heads, are you?"
Only good ideas from talking to people. Or at least, his version of good ideas.

"Mild brain damage is a hazard of industrial society. I can only fix it a little."

"I meant about the Justice League taking over the world."
To be fair, the modern world does need a certain amount of madness to operate in it.

She frowns at me. "Did they put something in your head?"
Only the fear of Batman. And he's very good at fear now.

"O.. kay… New topic, before I get really scared. What else can you do?"
I get the feeling he was having fun doing the 'pre-programmed response' bit there...

"How do you mean?"

"I never need to shave my legs or armpits or pluck my eyebrows again. I've…" She looks at her right arm and flexes her muscles. "I've never been this cut before. I don't have a blind spot any more and you got rid of my heavy metal deposits."
That's what actual nutrition does for you. The muscle, anyway. The rest, well, normally people would pay lots of money for the hair stuff. The trace materials? Still not easy to get out. And let's not forget that little bit about immunity to HIV.

She takes hold of the small plastic bauble on her necklace which contains all of the metal I removed from her body. It's not a lot, but then, what you do with it counts more.

"I could implant a quantum wafer that would give you a memory backup. I can pretty much put the sum of human knowledge on it, and you'd just sort of know it if it came up in conversation."
Hopefully with self-repair elements, I would hope.

"How about actual super powers?"

"Do you want to undergo the training regimen you'd need to not accidentally break everything you touch or not experience everything in the world as a film being played at one hundredth normal speed where you're stuck waiting forever for everything?"
I suppose that answers any thoughts about Danner or Garrick formulas. He'd probably also encourage any recipients of it to sign on with law enforcement or the like.

"Oh."

"Minor changes to your skin, or eyes, or even your immune system are no problem. Radical things start to have extra risks…"
Especially since he can make them permanent through gene-editing. Since the human body replaces a lot of that stuff progressively over the years.

I.. frown.

"How about hair that changes color?" She pauses mid-bite and notices my expression. "No?"
Probably very easy. A minor tweak that gives colour-changing cells or bio-luminescence through hair strands that now work like fibre-optic threads.

"Oh, no, there are a couple of ways to do that… But I was thinking. The FDA isn't.. really functioning now, is it?"

Karon shrugs. "No? Isn't that why you're doing this?"

"So there isn't really anything stopping us just… Rolling out super-advanced medicine without bothering jumping through their hoops. I… Think I need to phone some people."
Easier to say 'Well, it's in place now, Bit late to say 'take it all back', isn't it?' than fight to get it set up while working around corporate 'concerns'.

Now, what sort of advanced medical technologies might he be considering, hmm? Purple Healing Rays would be a solid first step. maybe some kryptonian-based gene-editing technology, start getting rid of inheritable diseases and conditions? I doubt anyone would argue that letting people suffer from congenital conditions is better than fixing the issue.

"How about hair that changes color?" She pauses mid-bite and notices my expression. "No?"

"Oh, no, there are a couple of ways to do that… But I was thinking. The FDA isn't.. really functioning now, is it?"

Karon shrugs. "No? Isn't that why you're doing this?"

"So there isn't really anything stopping us just… Rolling out super-advanced medicine without bothering jumping through their hoops. I… Think I need to phone some people."
So... purple healing rays are a go, because nobody can say no? At least that's what I think the super advanced medicine is.
Now, what sort of advanced medical technologies might he be considering, hmm? Purple Healing Rays would be a solid first step. maybe some kryptonian-based gene-editing technology, start getting rid of inheritable diseases and conditions? I doubt anyone would argue that letting people suffer from congenital conditions is better than fixing the issue.
Maybe he could get Kid Flash to create lots of healing potions for large hospitals in case there aren't enough purple healing rays during disasters.

Are we living in the same EU? Obviously er aren't, this is a fictional EU in a world of superheroes, but somehow EU making policy against farming strains my SoD more than the FTL travel.
I'm not allowed to talk about the League EU taking over the world attacking farmers.
Pretty sure he was joking, or at least I fucking hope he was joking. Which now makes me wonder if you didn't get that, or your just being pedantic to a autistic degree as a joke of your own. I feel a Inception joke coming on, but it doesn't quite work.
I prefer to take what people say in good faith and try to engage with them in that way. It can be frustrating sometimes, but I think it's the only way to civilise the internet.

"Was that in the waver?"
Waiver.

"The League… Can't, really. We're a disaster management charity. We can move a few hundreds tons here and there, we can't replace the entire transportation infrastructure of Earth. Maybe if Atlantis was still connected to the rest of the world and they didn't mind just making dolmen gates." I half smile. "Britain's actually doing okay because of all of the gates they bought to replace their rail network. We just moved them to major distribution nodes, and… Got Mister Atom to calculate a schedule. Other places… We're sort of hoping that people fix their own little bits of everything so we can coordinate things."
a) OL now counts himself as part of the League, instinctively.
b) Roughly how many Dolmen Gates did the UK have? Since 2009, there have been 35 stations around the Circle line, so 34 pairs of human-size gates, plus the original demonstration model and the larger-sized gates Cadbury uses (not sure if they were actually delivered?). Why keep them all in UK, instead of distributing them to other countries to maximise benefit?

Also, if we're talking about fixing distribution networks while in a period of no oversight, my first instinct would be to brute force a common railway track gauge, axle load, platform height and loading gauge (and also minor things like the tilt of the rails towards the centreline) for all mainline systems worldwide, whether that's the UK's more restrictive setup or something larger like the US or India. Oh, and blanket replace everything else with the metric system. In a scenario with relatively little passenger traffic you don't need to worry about things like reduced station capacity as platforms get replaced by through tracks, and the ring (or any number of other technologies OL has access to) can fuse rock to make larger diameter tunnels viable.

It's a quantum wafer, not a magnetic tape. Anything you could do to damage it would wreck the brain around it first.
Actually… the wafer would gradually grow corrupt unless you also use nanomachines to continually fix it and each other and somehow feed off of nutrients, etc… any form of memory storage & reading does after a while. The human brain self repairs somewhat - enough to get over any of the damage it does occasionally sustain, but a quantum wafer would constantly be jostled around in there, and even small amounts of damage are enough to make it lose information. IE it would decay somewhat quickly most likely. There's a reason quantum wafers need clean rooms.

But I realize this is a fictional story and it's a neat idea, I am willing to suspend my disbelief.

Last edited:
Carole already signed the disclaimer. Karon is signing it because she wants to be immune to H.I.V.
*SIGH*

I wish OL could fix my brain damage. I might as well just give up on commenting, or asking questions, or anything like that. I just can't fucking track things anymore.

Why keep them all in UK, instead of distributing them to other countries to maximise benefit?
Why would the UK export Dolem gates to other countries? especially when they purchased them?

What do you think that this fictional version of the UK's government is filled with demon-worshiping cultists that just want to see the people of Britain suffer? Preposterous.

Thank you, corrected.
Why keep them all in UK, instead of distributing them to other countries to maximise benefit?
Because they're the property of the UK government, and given that there aren't anything like enough to use worldwide it actually works better to focus them in one area and use other solutions in other places.
*SIGH*

I wish OL could fix my brain damage. I might as well just give up on commenting, or asking questions, or anything like that. I just can't fucking track things anymore.
Carole had not, at that point, signed the disclaimer.

....It would be funny to see the Justice League 'take over the world' and the have another Justice League show up expecting a Justice Lord's scenario only for the original League to beg for them to help getting things running cause they are tired of having to deal with people constantly.

....It would be funny to see the Justice League 'take over the world' and the have another Justice League show up expecting a Justice Lord's scenario only for the original League to beg for them to help getting things running cause they are tired of having to deal with people constantly.
That would be hilarious, needs to be an omake, or an "earth 12 makes sure orange lantern did not become evil"

Then the other League thinks that it's not their place to intervene since nothing evil is going on, so the Earth 16 version has to pretend to do evil things in order to get them to act and remove them from power.

Trivialities (part 18)
11th April 2013
05:17 GMT +1

What..? Just woke me up?

Ring, statfuck!

"Stand-" I transition to the Bir Tawil facility's control room. "down, stand down!"

A dozen charging anti-orbital cannons reset to their resting positions, and the generators reduce their output from 'combat power' to 'normal operation'.

And I breathe a little-

"Hey, Roomie!"

-easier, until Kara 1 decides to give me a heart attack. Fortunately, since she's doing it over the communication system rather than barging through a wall again she hasn't reactivated the automated defences.

"Good morning, Kara." I press a few buttons, bringing up both her face and an image of the ship that just entered the Sol system. "I take it that's not yours."

"Nope! I haven't even tried building a ship!" She frowns thoughtfully. "Do you think I should?"

Ship is.. Thanagarian. The design doesn't match the military ships I have on file. I'd guess that it's a rich person's yacht with a slightly larger than usual drive system.

"I suppose that depends on what you want to do with your life in the long term."

Patch into the Watchtower to make sure that they've picked it up too.

"Yes. End."

Get Mister Atom who's clearly busy with it. Okay, good.

"I mean, as a kryptonian you can live for millennia as long as you do some sunbathing every so often. And we've made no progress working out what parallel you originally came from. Not that I'm complaining about the work you've been doing, but there is a whole universe you could go and see."

"But I like it here! I just thought maybe I could help more with a ship."

Check… Kara's work logs.

"Kara, have you been drinking coffee again?"

"Um." Kara's image looks left and then right. "No?"

Uh-huh.

Planetary defences are online. Shielding units are in position. Orbital anti-ship weapons are activating and messages-

Message received.

-are going out to space-capable League members. So far, everything is-.

Bring-bring! Bring-bring!

Going.. according to plan.

"Excuse me. I have a message on another line."

"I'm not drinking coffee! Especially not that super-strong stuff you told me about!"

"I'm glad to hear it."

Disconnect and answer, because I've just worked out who this is.

"Heeeey!" Bleez is wearing a space suit that looks like it's been sprayed on. Her wings are slightly splayed, in a 'check-out-what-I've-done' pose rather than a 'check-me-out' pose. "Why did you stop calling?"

"Ah. Earth got Anti-Lifed, and I've been working to put it back together."

"Okay, but you could have still found time to call me." She makes a flicking motion with the tips of her wings. An eye-roll. "It's not like that totally collapsed your civilisation."

"It pretty much did, actually. If it wasn't for the time of the year when it happened and all the preparations we made after the last time this happened… Ah. That would have been bad."

"Oh. Um, is now a bad time?"

"To do what? You're not really seeing the place at its best, but maybe that's more informative." A thought, and my ring sends landing instructions in a thanagarian friendly format. "Come on down, if you dare."

"That's quite a lot of guns. Are you sure this is okay?"

"They're my guns and I just switched them to inactive. Give me a moment and I'll clear you with the person in charge of the rest."

"Okay?"

Mute. Contact Mister Atom, play conversation at one hundred times speed.

Compliance.

"She is cleared to land. Observation. Information extracted from time travel suggests that the Thanagarian Empire is inclined to annex Earth during times of distress. 'Bleez' is a known informant."

"I know, but Hawkman and Hawkwoman almost certainly reported back already, even if they mostly talked about the fact that the Anti-Life is removable."

"They are compromised. Analysis of vocalisations and unconscious body language confirms their change in loyalty to eighty nine point seven nine seven three four seven percent. Rounding up. Sending someone unthreatening and familiar to confirm their report is a logical step."

"Makes sense. Alright, I'll emphasise how doomed anyone would be if they got exposed. Can you put the system defences back on standby and give her an uninterdicted corridor?"

"Course transmitted. End."

I nod as her ship accelerates. Based on her speed, it should only take ten minutes or so for her to arrive. I

step out and

reappear on Havania a few corridors away from her mother.

"…there of all places! What is she thinking?!"

Ring, data extraction.

Compliance. Working. Complete.

Huh. Timeline's wrong, and her mother is still alive. I wave casually at a security camera as the alarms start to go off and

step out, feeling my way back using my own desires to

emerge in my own control room. Bleez's ship is coming in-.

"Kara."

"Yes! Who-" She looks down at her heavy mug, then leans out of the picture and puts it down before centring herself again. "-was it?"

"Do you remember me mentioning Bleez?"

"A pop star!"

"And intelligence operative, but… Yes."

"This is going to be A-MAZ-ING! Give me five seconds-"

She blurs out of picture, and I start counting to five as blue and red flickers in the background.

"-and done and I can show her around!"

"Come over to my landing pad. We'll meet her there."

Last edited:
Hey, Roomie!"

-easier, until Kara 1

If I remember correctly, this is the Silver Age version.

ships I have no file.

"on file"

I'd guess that it's a rich person's yacht with a slightly larger than usual drive system.

Bleez probably.

Kara, have you been drinking coffee again

Oh shit.

She's already energetic enough that she doesn't need coffee.

Heeeey!" Bleez is wearing a space suit that looks like it's been sprayed on.

So basically like most of her other clothing.

They are compromised. Analysis of vocalisations and unconscious body language confirms their change in loyalty to eighty nine point seven nine seven three four seven percent. Rounding up. Sending someone unthreatening and familiar to confirm their report is a logical step."

Yeah, if I remember correctly in the Thanagarian interlude it was mentioned that they've gone native.

-easier, until Kara 1 decides to give me a heart attack. Fortunately, since she's doing it over the communication system rather than barging through a wall again she hasn't reactivated the automated defences.
When did they decide that Silver age Kara was Kara 1? I would've thought the local Kara would get that designation.

11th April 2013

What..? Just woke me up?

Ring, statfuck!

"Stand-" I transition to the Bir Tawil facility's control room. "down, stand down!"
Well, that's never a good sign, waking up to your orbital-range defence systems spooling up for hostile response. Which means whatever triggered them is an extra-solar craft not on the approved list (Of course, NEMO vessels would be classed as friendly.)

A dozen charging anti-orbital cannons reset to their resting positions, and the generators reduce their output from 'combat power' to 'normal operation'.

And I breathe a little-
Evidently whoever is turning up is known to OL, and not considered a threat. Doesn't leave a big selection, though... Especially considering who's within range of Earth?

"Hey, Roomie!"

Well, at least she's learnt not to treat walls as doors.

"Good morning, Kara." I press a few buttons, bringing up both her face and an image of the ship that just entered the Sol system. "I take it that's not yours."

"Nope! I haven't even tried building a ship!" She frowns thoughtfully. "Do you think I should?"
If you can make it functional, without making it look too simplistic... Then again, maybe her Krypton just naturally resembled 1940's sci-fi dieselpunk aesthetics?

Ship is.. Thanagarian. The design doesn't match the military ships I have on file. I'd guess that it's a rich person's yacht with a slightly larger than usual drive system.

"I suppose that depends on what you want to do with your life in the long term."
Do you really want to inflict her on the rest of the sector?

Patch into the Watchtower to make sure that they've picked it up too.

"Yes. End."

Get Mister Atom who's clearly busy with it. Okay, good.
Mister Atom as polite as usual. At least the arrival will be treated with due concern.

"I mean, as a kryptonian you can live for millennia as long as you do some sunbathing every so often. And we've made no progress working out what parallel you originally came from. Not that I'm complaining about the work you've been doing, but there is a whole universe you could go and see."
I have the feeling she's too innocent to really appreciate what millennia of life really entails.

"But I like it here! I just thought maybe I could help more with a ship."

Check… Kara's work logs.
And now I'm getting pictures of the Supermobile. :D Complete with extending tentacle arms with fists on the end.

"Kara, have you been drinking coffee again?"

"Um." Kara's image looks left and then right. "No?"

Uh-huh.
Thank goodness she's so bad at being sneaky. Though I suspect there's a hilarious backstory to that little restriction.

Planetary defences are online. Shielding units are in position. Orbital anti-ship weapons are activating and messages-

Message received.
The joy of being able to at least set some sensible precautions in space.

-are going out to space-capable League members. So far, everything is-.

Bring-bring! Bring-bring!
...Let me guess: OL has the audio alert for incoming calls set to a classic telephone bell?

Going.. according to place.

"Excuse me. I have a message on another line."
At least the League isn't panicking about this. I half expect there have been drills for 'unknown ship arrives without clearance'.

"I'm not drinking coffee! Especially not that super-strong stuff you told me about!"

"I'm glad to hear it."
Terrible stuff anyway, especially for a girl your age. Stick to milk, it'll make you grow up big and strong. :p

Disconnect and answer, because I've just worked out who this is.

"Heeeey!" Bleez is wearing a space suit that looks like it's been sprayed on. Her wings are slightly splayed, in a 'check-out-what-I've-done' pose rather than a 'check-me-out' pose. "Why did you stop calling?"
...Given Thanagarian technology, I would not be surprised if it wasn't literally sprayed on. And transparent in places (Bikini spacesuits for the retro win.)

"Ah. Earth got Anti-Lifed, and I've been working to put it back together."

"Okay, but you could have still found time to call me." She makes a flicking motion with the tips of her wings. An eye-roll. "It's not like that totally collapsed your civilisation."
Does she actually know what the Anti-Life is, much less how bad it can be? I expect she's read some of the spy reports about it.

"It pretty much did, actually. If it wasn't for the time of the year when it happened and all the preparations we made after the last time this happened… Ah. That would have been bad."

"Oh. Um, is now a bad time?"
...You might say that. Then again, it depends on why she's suddenly rolled up like this.

"To do what? You're not really seeing the place at its best, but maybe that's more informative." A thought, and my ring sends landing instructions in a thanagarian friendly format. "Come on down, if you dare."

"That's quite a lot of guns. Are you sure this is okay?"
OL does not do things by halves when it comes to preparation.

"They're my guns and I just switched them to inactive. Give me a moment and I'll clear you with the person in charge of the rest."

"Okay?"
And doesn't that just say all manner of things about Earth?

Mute. Contact Mister Atom, play conversation at one hundred times speed.

Compliance.
No point wasting his valuable time, after all.

"She is cleared to land. Observation. Information extracted from time travel suggests that the Thanagarian Empire is inclined to annex Earth during times of distress. 'Bleez' is a known informant."

"I know, but Hawkman and Hawkwoman almost certainly reported back already, even if they mostly talked about the fact that the Anti-Life is removable."
Though hopefully the specifics of how were not sent along. Then again, getting Lanterns of seven different colours might be a bit tricky for them.

"They are compromised. Analysis of vocalisations and unconscious body language confirms their change in loyalty to eighty nine point seven nine seven three four seven percent. Rounding up. Sending someone unthreatening and familiar to confirm their report is a logical step."

"Makes sense. Alright, I'll emphasise how doomed anyone would be if they got exposed. Can you put the system defences back on standby and give her an uninterdicted corridor?"
Present a much more severe face than what she expects to hear, eh? I'll bet the Thanagarians were thinking 'Bah, it can't have been that bad. Surely we, who are of superior breed and morale, could withstand it more easily.'

"Course transmitted. End."

I nod as her ship accelerates. Based on her speed, it should only take ten minutes or so for her to arrive. I
Just a quiet Sunday drive, really. And the classic boating maxim also applies: Never approach something faster than you'd want to hit it.

step out and

reappear on Havania a few corridors away from her mother.
Making a private check on the circumstances, eh?

"…there of all places! What is she thinking?!"

Ring, data extraction.
Along with hacking the security to obfuscate your little flying visit?

Compliance. Working. Complete.

Huh. Timeline's wrong, and her mother is still alive. I wave casually at a security camera as the alarms start to go off and
...Or not. Though that makes its own point. Mostly 'I can stop by any time. Don't make me come over here angry.'

emerge in my own control room. Bleez's ship is coming in-.
I mean, that would have taken all of a minute. :p Of course she's still approaching.

"Kara."

"Yes! Who-" She looks down at her heavy mug, then leans out of the picture and puts it down before centring herself again. "-was it?"
Bus-ted! x3

"Do you remember me mentioning Bleez?"

"A pop star!"
...Oh, that's too cruel. Are you really going to put... A teenage fangirl in charge of her? :V

"And intelligence operative, but… Yes."

"This is going to be A-MAZ-ING! Give me five seconds-"
Well, if Bleez objects, point out that she could have called ahead. If only to be polite about visiting a world still a little out of sorts after a cosmic assault.

She blurs out of picture, and I start counting to five as blue and red flickers in the background.

"-and done and I can show her around!"

"Come over to my landing pad. We'll meet her there."
Surprised Kara didn't just come straight there already.

Not the worst thing that could have happened, but it is an annoying distraction. At least they can ram home the message to the Thanagarian intelligence agencies that 'No, Earth is not weak, and the Anti-Life is not a joke.' Still, I bet a few people will be watching Bleez closely during her visit. Including the tabloids, because gorgeous winged space 'princess'. ;)

Going.. according to place.

You know, I'm assuming that Reformation Island is back in its place but... why did was the resolution omitted? There wasn't even a mention that the plan was a success so, for all we know, the Illustres forgot about it and they're still disconnected from the world, sucking their thumbs and wondering what the heck happened.

Yeah I'm definitely getting some "oops Constantine causally isolated it from mainline material reality" vibes.

Thank you, corrected.
You know, I'm assuming that Reformation Island is back in its place but... why did was the resolution omitted? There wasn't even a mention that the plan was a success so, for all we know, the Illustres forgot about it and they're still disconnected from the world, sucking their thumbs and wondering what the heck happened.
Because there's nothing to stop the SI carrying out the plan as-stated. I can't really stretch out 'it worked' to a thousand words.

11th April 2013
Today we see that kryptonians, at least Kara 1's version, have no particular resistance to drugs.
Just hope she doesn't manage to get knurd.

Seems a little odd for the defence batteries to be on a hair-trigger. Given the rush OL was in I assume they would have started firing without a shutdown command.

I can't really stretch out 'it worked' to a thousand words.
And is there some reason you couldn't have stretched it out to 50 words talking about how the island is back and John once again appeared to have vanished so the SI has no clue where he is... again? Checking the Amazonians and making sure they didn't know where he was, then trying to figure out what his next priority should be would have filled up the rest of the chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back