• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Renegade-Adom could conceivably give Circe the Amulet of Isis- Renegade should at least be aware of Adrianna's existence and power source. Though Circe actually might not want to rely on another connection to a goddess for power in favor of having more autonomy, even if it's less power in the short-term (which would be good character development for her, in my opinion).

I can't imagine Black Manta getting together with Clea would endear him to Kaldur any further, though I do like these normally-villain romantic pairings going on. I wonder if Morgaine le Fay will be interested in anyone- Talbot could be an interesting prospect. It does make me sad for Paragon-Circe though.

Nice to see they're not unprepared to deal with the inevitable new Lord of Chaos that pops up everytime Renegade gets rid of the old one, though you'd think they'd try to get one they can work with like Paragon did. Hopefully the Sword of the Fallen doesn't get destroyed or lost or something because it's too narratively convenient right now (I'd have liked to see Paragon commissioning some kind of replacement from the forge gods and getting it empowered by one of the deities or high-level sorcerers he's on good terms with).

Mr Hyde narrows his eyes slightly, most likely trying to puzzle out my thinking. "Not that I mind getting some shore leave, but I'd like an explanation for the sudden change of plan."
Looks like Black Manta is getting bored.

Since he's now openly on the New Light's side, we can have these meetings in somewhat more civilised locations. At the moment we're sitting in a private drawing room in an upper class Venturian restaurant, a small selection of drinks and pastries on the table between us. Fashion being what it is, commonplace surface world drinks like 'Orangina' share shelf space with quality seaweed teas and the juice of engineered Atlantean sea fruits.
That is a fascinating combination. I wonder how it tastes to local palates.

"You sure don't have any missions for me?
"You sure you don't have any missions for me?

And frankly, keeping the new rulers dependant on us for defence...
And frankly, keeping the new rulers dependent on us for defence...

I'm not one to.. wax lyrics about the wonders of the free market security...
I'm not one to.. wax lyrical about the wonders of the free market security...

Having practiced extensively during the rebuilding of Tamaran, the current model of g-goblin controllers are quite skilled both at directing their g-troll brethren in civil engineering and their g-elf kindred at criminal apprehension. And with a far lower mortality rate than those countries used to have.
Less worried about managing the paperwork, I bet.

In a slightly more aggressive anti-piracy act than I originally planned for, Mr Hyde's people pursued a group of kidnappers several miles inland and liberated some aid workers and a journalist. Competent subordinates are such a treasure.
Indeed. He's a good one.

"We could set something up."
Still thinking like a supervillian...

"No, they've been perfectly… Hospitable. It's Queen Clea's behaviour that bothers me."
Oh, dear.

"She's coming on to me."
Less 'personnel', more 'personal'. :p

His frown deepens, his gaze growing distant. "Huh."
I take it it's been a while since he thought about dating, eh?

"The auguries say that Oggar has taken note of Circe's restoration, and with Mordru dead there is nothing to prevent his return. Circe believes that we can lure him into a location of our choosing, but I no longer have the Wizard's support. I am not certain that I can defeat him alone."
MEh, it's just a Lord of Chaos. Grayven's already dealt with two. May as well make it a hat trick.

...and I'd be a heel to involve myself,"
...and I'd be a heel to involve myself."

"That…" He steps back towards the boom tube. "I will.. consider your words."
I repeat my comment about dating. :D

Ha! Some fun slice-of-life stuff going on with Grayven, I see.

Last edited:
She is suffering from an ongoing effect of unknown nature that cuts her connection to certain parts of emotional spectrum to the point where direct brain stimulation can't produce certain emotions. Quite apart from how this makes her a victim of a horrific attack through seemingly no fault of her own (something Paul always tried to correct when confronted with directly), this means that there's someone or something out there that can do "you may not use our light" technique for half an emotional spectrum at once, and do so as an ongoing persistent effect. This is something worthy of investigation, wouldn't you think?
Not unless other people show up with the same symptoms. Remember that Diana doesn't show up much orange light and he hasn't tried to 'repair' her.

Thank you, corrected.
On a side note, Amazon's The Boys adaptation is amazing. Dropping that since you have a Paul in that universe.
There isn't an SI in the Amazon Boys' setting, only the comic setting.
That should be a period after the word myself, not a comma.
We don't call them that here.
"You sure don't have any missions for me?
"You sure you don't have any missions for me?
And frankly, keeping the new rulers dependant on us for defence...
And frankly, keeping the new rulers dependent on us for defence...
Thank you, corrected.
His frown deepens, his gaze growing distant. "Huh."
I take it it's been a while since he thought about dating, eh?
No, it came up when Grayven first introduced himself. He just assumed that he'd be the assertive party.

Not unless other people show up with the same symptoms. Remember that Diana doesn't show up much orange light and he hasn't tried to 'repair' her.
There's a big difference between "not much" and "totally absent due to something in the brain not working right."
Missing chunks of the emotional spectrum is also one of the signs of anti-life exposure.

This:
There's a big difference between "not much" and "totally absent due to something in the brain not working right."
Missing chunks of the emotional spectrum is also one of the signs of anti-life exposure.
Plus, remember, Paul actually tried active brain stimulation via power ring. And it didn't work. This is an ongoing effect of unknown nature that actively prevents someone from connecting to parts of emotional spectrum. Quite different from someone not having much specific emotional light color in their soul.

isn't queen clea only subtly rejuvenated and still look like, 80?

Mr Zoat, I've been looking through your old posts, and one of them said we would see Anita Fite aka Empress by Year 2 or 3. Is she still in the cards for the story? Also, will Sinthia, Grayven's right hand woman, show up? You said she'd be Tamaranian in this story.

isn't queen clea only subtly rejuvenated and still look like, 80?
The initial rejuvenation was subtle. However, divine awakening is gradually dragging her back towards 30.
Mr Zoat, I've been looking through your old posts, and one of them said we would see Anita Fite aka Empress by Year 2 or 3. Is she still in the cards for the story?
Yes.
Also, will Sinthia, Grayven's right hand woman, show up? You said she'd be Tamaranian in this story.
Given that she's Grayven's right hand woman, she's probably wherever Grayven is.

I also can't wait for Arisia Rrab to appear. She's set to appear some time this year in-universe.

Edit: She's not going to become smitten with OL, is he? If yes, better him than Jordan.

Edit 2: Reread the post, she is set to appear a few weeks after Zatanna's birthday, meaning soon.

Couldn't Grayven try to create his own Lord of Chaos, I mean he has all of Klarions knowledge and that should include the method to become a Lord of Chaos, he also mentioned that he would make good use of his knowledge before he murdered him. That would not only give him another powerful ally/minion, but also remove the problem of being forced to kill one only for them to be replaced by another since a new place is free. If he lacks any fitting sorcerers he could just use his Klarion Construct Lantern, that way he wouldn't have to worry about loyalty, and we already know from Nabu that there isn't a problem with being a construct and a Lord of Order/Chaos at the same time.

Couldn't Grayven try to create his own Lord of Chaos, I mean he has all of Klarions knowledge and that should include the method to become a Lord of Chaos, he also mentioned that he would make good use of his knowledge before he murdered him. That would not only give him another powerful ally/minion, but also remove the problem of being forced to kill one only for them to be replaced by another since a new place is free. If he lacks any fitting sorcerers he could just use his Klarion Construct Lantern, that way he wouldn't have to worry about loyalty, and we already know from Nabu that there isn't a problem with being a construct and a Lord of Order/Chaos at the same time.
Probably, but why would he want to? There are plenty of people around who are about as powerful and who aren't as unpleasant to work with.

Probably, but why would he want to? There are plenty of people around who are about as powerful and who aren't as unpleasant to work with.
To decrease the amount of hostile Lords of Chaos. There can only be a few on earth at the same time, at the moment he kills one genocidal asshole and another genocidal asshole takes their place. Much easier to fill the place yourself and stop more from coming to earth.

Last edited:

It does mean an end to replacement Chaos Lords repeatedly popping up; they've dealt with them so far but considering the powers involved it's best to be cautious. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect Chaos forces to eventually notice what's happening and temporarily cooperate to show this uppity New God why you don't mess with Chaos. (Ninja'd).

Also, Shouldn't the Witch Hunters have showed up at the same point in the Renegade timeline? And Xalitan Xor too (I believe someone else asked about this but I don't recall a response).

I suppose you can portray the Lords of Order however you like, and their seeming lack of current awareness or knowledge of the status of Nabu in both timelines does fit their whole endless-bureaucracy and overly traditional aspect; it's just a shame not to see any wholly positive and competent individuals (Hawk and Dove's patrons come to mind)- I'm not counting Welsh John/Golden Boy since I can't see that ending well.

To decrease the amount of hostile Lords of Chaos.
He is decreasing them!
There can only be a few on earth at the same time, at the moment he kills one genocidal asshole and another genocidal asshole takes their place. Much easier to fill the place yourself and stop more from coming to earth.
Or they'll send one who isn't an arsehole. Or they'll stop bothering.

Also, Shouldn't the Witch Hunters have showed up at the same point in the Renegade timeline?
They probably did, but Unlike his paragon counterparts Grayven didn't reek of Chaos Magic and didn't attract their attention. They probably just ended up talking to some locals about it and found out that Klarion is dead.

Renegade Xor's ship never malfunctioned. He's in prison right now.

I'm confused as to why this would be the case given that the same things should have happened in both timelines and I can't see how any of Renegade's actions would have directly or indirectly changed the ship malfunctioning, unless rogue Citadelians or Grayven made their way to the Alignment or something.

' agents '

On a side note, Amazon's The Boys adaptation is amazing. Dropping that since you have a Paul in that universe.

The Boys don't get superpowers and all "supers" just get defeated by guns.

If anything, it undermines the point of the Boys existing as it looks like any armed forced with guns could have taken care of the "problem" decades ago.

Also, avoid the Boys, it doesn't have any likeable characters at all.

The Boys don't get superpowers and all "supers" just get defeated by guns.
Thing is, in the comics it was about fear and proportional retaliation. They did kill supers with guns on several occasions, but killing them wasn't always the aim. And when the final battle happened it was mostly the regular military that did the killing.
If anything, it undermines the point of the Boys existing as it looks like any armed forced with guns could have taken care of the "problem" decades ago.
The problem is that most people don't think there is a problem. Supers have excellent PR and people who go around tidying things up when they make a public mess. Sure, the President could in theory order the nationalisation of Vought American, but equally Vought American could order the Homelander to 'take care of this' or order one of the Red River people in the Secret Service to 'take care' of the President.
Also, avoid the Boys, it doesn't have any likeable characters at all.
What about Wee Hughie's parents? Or Annie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back