• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

So his image of his father as a 'good guy' never got broken? Amazing what a small thing can do.
No, he always knew his father was an arsehole. He just didn't rise above it.
Correction: 'super powers and'
Thank you, corrected.
Grayven! You can't just ask that!
No, that was Kara.
Correction: 'on by this'
Thank you, corrected.
Don't think we didn't notice the URL.
But there's no direct link so it doesn't break the rules.

Last edited:
Then why is it so goopy? Unless it's snot? Is a blow job just a nose (blowhole) cleaning service? Also, it mentions blowjobs, which I'm not sure are safe for this SFW section you're posting in (probably is though, especially if it's a blow job she's being payed for, and not a blowjob.)
An admin was the first to comment, and they didn't disapprove of it.

Grayven should consider recruiting Guy 50, he wouldn't really have anything tying him to that earth and as a Guy Gardner he should be a competent Lantern regardless of colour.

It would also allow him to finally get an additional Sinestro Lantern.

Last edited:
Could someone tell me what was the name of the arc when Grayven visited universe50 for the fist time? Also Mr Zoat How do Our Grayven look? Exactly like Grayven 50 (which i think look like Grayven during Imperiex crisis)? Also the height difference between Kara 50 and Grayven isn't that big if you use the official height, she 5,5 and him 7,3, of course she would look tiny (because grayven weight around six time more then Kara so he is far larger).
ps: the question about Grayven appearance is for a good reasons, that hair cut is just no.

Last edited:
I notice he didn't mention Blackfire in any way, and I'm not sure if they're officially together but I believe there's some courtship going on.

I notice he didn't mention Blackfire in any way, and I'm not sure if they're officially together but I believe there's some courtship going on.
He did mention her.
" The last woman I dated rather lost interest when… Well, she'd internalised her enemy's epistemology and might-makes-right ideals, When she realised that I wasn't interested in brute force conquest or unquestioningly supporting her political ambitions her ardour dimmed somewhat. I have female friends, employees, students… But I'm not dating any of them. And… Frankly, if I have to personally oversee every part of a campaign of conquest then I'm doing it wrong."

I don't really remember that happening onscreen, though yes I did catch that he was talking about two different women there. I thought Renegade Blackfire was fairly amenable to Renegade's course of action in what I do remember though. And on a meta-perspective Word of Zoat and other posters led me to believe they were OTP. Paragon is likely far more alienated from his Blackfire, so Renegade still dating his version is a clearer distinction between them, echoing their different dynamics with their Jades.

I wasn't a fan of the subtle Conquest aura mentally nudging Blackfire with no way for her to resist though, so it's not an especially regrettable loss for me.
Renegade should be confidently bisexual as well, right? I'm aware his coming on to Guy a while ago was a joke but one I always interpreted with a kernel of truth; his early Japanese orgy activities probably meant any budding attraction to Superboy wasn't as strong due to having an actual outlet for sexual activity, but he did once mention Connor as the person on the Team was most fond of, though it feels like a million years ago. I'd like to see some more acknowledgment of those aspects in more contemporary episodes- I did always like the idea of Paul and John Constantine getting together...

Most of what happens to Renegade happens offscreen. That's lessened a bit in recently , but it's still true.

A change in relationship status is generally seen on-screen though, at least for the protagonists and most other characters (which reminds me that we've never seen any iteration of Earth-16Z Carol Ferris, which given Renegade Ghi'ata's actions seems a bit overdue- it would be fun to see Carol trying to live a perfectly routine life while being followed around by what is essentially an alien Magical Girl of Love).

I could, of course, be forgetting some things given the length of the story; last I really remember of Renegade Blackfire was her and Renegade toasting a drink over successfully acquiring the Doomsday ship, which seemed to have fairly strong romantic undertones.

"No, though that does sound a name I'd give a ship." A big ship, anyway. It would be a bit farcical for a destroyer. "Does it have better crew quarters than the thanagarian ship you were using?"

First time I've tried this, I'll probably mess it up, but 'sound' should be 'sound like'

Grayven should consider recruiting Guy 50, he wouldn't really have anything tying him to that earth and as a Guy Gardner he should be a competent Lantern regardless of colour.

It would also allow him to finally get an additional Sinestro Lantern.
Not really. Guy 16 did a lot of soul searching before he became the Lantern he is today, and his still has temper problems. Guy 50 isn't anything like there yet. In a few years if he works at it, maybe, but right not he doesn't have that appeal.

The Renegade also lacks a spare ring.
Could someone tell me what was the name of the arc when Grayven visited universe50 for the fist time?
Stars, Crossed.
Also Mr Zoat How do Our Grayven look? Exactly like Grayven 50 (which i think look like Grayven during Imperiex crisis)?
Broadly like that, with slightly better hair and a face a little more like mine.
Also the height difference between Kara 50 and Grayven isn't that big if you use the official height, she 5,5 and him 7,3, of course she would look tiny (because grayven weight around six time more then Kara so he is far larger).
ps: the question about Grayven appearance is for a good reasons, that hair cut is just no.
She's also slender while he's broad.
A change in relationship status is generally seen on-screen though, at least for the protagonists and most other characters (which reminds me that we've never seen any iteration of Earth-16Z Carol Ferris, which given Renegade Ghi'ata's actions seems a bit overdue- it would be fun to see Carol trying to live a perfectly routine life while being followed around by what is essentially an alien Magical Girl of Love).

I could, of course, be forgetting some things given the length of the story; last I really remember of Renegade Blackfire was her and Renegade toasting a drink over successfully acquiring the Doomsday ship, which seemed to have fairly strong romantic undertones.
I originally meant for them to spend more time together, then I looked back and realised that I hadn't written it.
"No, though that does sound a name I'd give a ship." A big ship, anyway. It would be a bit farcical for a destroyer. "Does it have better crew quarters than the thanagarian ship you were using?"

First time I've tried this, I'll probably mess it up, but 'sound' should be 'sound like'
Thank you, corrected.

Not really. Guy 16 did a lot of soul searching before he became the Lantern he is today, and his still has temper problems. Guy 50 isn't anything like there yet. In a few years if he works at it, maybe, but right not he doesn't have that appeal.
Fair enough, but I still think that recruiting him just for the potential he holds would be worth it, but I can see why Grayven wouldn't.
The Renegade also lacks a spare ring.
He doesn't lack a Ring maker, since he recruited Weaponer Lysis.

He doesn't lack a Ring maker, since he recruited Weaponer Lysis.
I know the joke is that no one reads it, but I can't help but point out the FAQ. In which the creation of a Yellow Ring is demonstrated.

The fuel for the furnace being the minor niggle of the pure raw terror of any entire DYING PLANET and all the living creatures on it. An act performed by the Weaponers for just such a resource.

Now, I'm no peoplematation, but that seems like kinda a high cost.

I know the joke is that no one reads it, but I can't help but point out the FAQ. In which the creation of a Yellow Ring is demonstrated.

The fuel for the furnace being the minor niggle of the pure raw terror of any entire DYING PLANET and all the living creatures on it. An act performed by the Weaponers for just such a resource.

Presumably, having access to something like Parallax or even just a Yellow Personal Lantern might be enough to create another Yellow ring. And I think Grayven has the latter, and wouldn't object to sticking Parallax in a Yellow Central Lantern, if he could find it.

She managed to create a Red Lantern, which originally took an entire sector dying, I trust her to be competent enough to manage finding enough fear in Vega.

Presumably, having access to something like Parallax or even just a Yellow Personal Lantern might be enough to create another Yellow ring. And I think Grayven has the latter, and wouldn't object to sticking Parallax in a Yellow Central Lantern, if he could find it.
I wouldn't know.

Personally, I would think that if you managed to subdue Parallax, using him to create a yellow ring would be redundant.

However, given the sheer horror that the panels suggest is needed, I'm going to disagree with it being so easy. We'd need WoZ on the matter, but personally? I like the idea of a power ring requiring a terrifying amount of whatever emotion it runs on. Makes it seem more...unique, special.

I wouldn't know.

Personally, I would think that if you managed to subdue Parallax, using him to create a yellow ring would be redundant.

However, given the sheer horror that the panels suggest is needed, I'm going to disagree with it being so easy. We'd need WoZ on the matter, but personally? I like the idea of a power ring requiring a terrifying amount of whatever emotion it runs on. Makes it seem more...unique, special.

Paragon-Kalmin used the hope of a large number of refugees to forge the blue power ring, though I don't recall if there was an exact number given (also is Renegade-Kalmin dead or still holed up in his fortress waiting for a glorious death-in-battle?)

She managed to create a Red Lantern, which originally took an entire sector dying, I trust her to be competent enough to manage finding enough fear in Vega.

Lysis wasn't directly involved in making Sinestro's ring. She could probably learn how to do it, but there'd be a certain amount of wastage involved.

I don't remember the story giving any indication of how exactly Lysis tapped into the red light well enough to make the red power ring. I'm sure she has plenty of rage and hate but it does diminish the 'specialness,' as Maxx says, if just one person is able to do it, unless they're a really higher-tier kind of being.
I'm not sure if there any color-specific differences in the art/science of power ring construction but I personally can't really imagine there would be besides obviously being in a different emotional frame of mind depending on the ring. While Word of Zoat just said that Lysis isn't currently capable of easily and skilfully making a yellow power ring, her making a red one with no apparent complications seems to contradict that, at least in my opinion.

Last edited:
I'm sure she has plenty of rage and hate but it does diminish the 'specialness,' as Maxx says, if just one person is able to do it, unless they're a really higher-tier kind of being.
If just anyone can do it, then why doesn't everyone? At least that's how I feel.

I also like the idea of power rings being top tier items rather than somewhat mundane tools.

I originally meant for them to spend more time together, then I looked back and realised that I hadn't written it.

I know you've made edits of varying degrees before, like the rewrite of the Paragon-Legion of Superheroes and Persuader updates, plus the timings of the first communications between Georgia Sivana-Vril Dox II. This Blackfire-Renegade thing seems to be a thing far more complicated and work-intensive to retroactively insert into the story, and even editing out the reference to her in the latest update might not solve the issue that Renegade has been flirting with Kara for most of their interactions since last episode. Of course, I don't think Blackfire and Renegade do have anything actually serious, formally exclusive or committed in their dynamic, just an acknowledgment of courtship, so I could suggest an edit in the last episode where Renegade thinks along those lines in his head before first hitting on Kara (at least first since meeting Blackfire). It might not make him look too good, but I think it could still work.
Of course, just having their relationship cooling offscreen isn't the worst case of writing in the world so I can roll with it, but possibly adding some contemplation of her and their changed dynamic in Renegade's internal narration would be helpful.

Last edited:
I don't remember the story giving any indication of how exactly Lysis tapped into the red light well enough to make the red power ring.
Zoat actually explained that when someone asked about it.

Actually that reminds me Mr Zoat; Kalmin used the collective hope of liberated refugees to connect to the blue light and forge a blue lantern, so what did Weaponer Lysis use to forge a red lantern and ring in the Renegade timeline? Her own rage and hatred or something else?
Qwardians get hate. Plus, she was on Tamaran. The locals have plenty of anger.

Considering this should also apply to fear, I assume that it wouldn't be that hard for her to forge a Yellow Ring.

Zoat actually explained that when someone asked about it.

Considering this should also apply to fear, I assume that it wouldn't be that hard for her to forge a Yellow Ring.

I don't think they GET fear, they understand how to cause fear, but they don't feel fear themselves (often) this is the "wastage" Zoat is talking about that would need them to get extreme quantities of fear from a civilization to pull it off.

The weaponeers probably understand the red and orange lights the most, followed by Green and Yellow.

(Minor YJ S3 Spoiler) The recent mention of the old Green Lantern/Alan, plus the season 3 funeral of Joan Garrick, prompt me to ask- has he rejuvenated all his peers from the Justice Society, or at least offered? Paragon should probably have offered this too at some point. I can see them refusing because of some platitudes about already having lived their lives or whatever, but I don't think the issue was ever brought up. Given that a lot of their members have been active (Red Tornado, Wonder Woman) or newly active (Blue Lantern, the Hawks) and that there should still be an unidentified speedster villain running around from the Zigzag episode, I'd hope they'd at least consider returning to heroics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back