• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Time-fixated down here than I've learned that some people on the surface can be."
I'm not exactly known for me easy-going attitude to supervillains."
I'm not exactly known for my easy-going attitude to supervillains."
Thank you, corrected.
Said technology being equivalent to Sparktech meaning it warps reality.

Then again, the Orks were created to fight Daemons and all corrupted creatures.
I wish I still had my copy of Codex Orks 2nd Edition so I could quote the relevant parts at you.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again, if Red ships don't go faster...then everything I know is a lie.
Again, I don't have a copy of Codex Orks 2nd Edition, but as I remember it the whole 'red goes faster' thing is the folk belief of the Evil Sunz with no basis in fact. I think it 3rd it was stated that a Mekboy would instinctively paint his fastest vehicles red, but it was the engine and not the paint which made it go faster. You will also not that blue paint never made vehicles mechanically luckier and yellow paint never improved their guns.

In 2nd edition, Orks wanting their vehicles to go faster took a Squig Fuel Injector.

Again, I don't have a copy of Codex Orks 2nd Edition, but as I remember it the whole 'red goes faster' thing is the folk belief of the Evil Sunz with no basis in fact. I think it 3rd it was stated that a Mekboy would instinctively paint his fastest vehicles red, but it was the engine and not the paint which made it go faster. You will also not that blue paint never made vehicles mechanically luckier and yellow paint never improved their guns.

In 2nd edition, Orks wanting their vehicles to go faster took a Squig Fuel Injector.
This is from the latest Ork Codex.
Red Paint Job
Orks believe that a vehicle painted red can outstrip a similar vehicle that isn't. As odd as it may seem, they're not wrong.
Ork vehicles with red paint jobs add +1" to their move when they move Flat Out.
Where it's a 5 point option for vehicles.

It's just a theory. And it's a stupid one which contradicts better writing, so I'm going to ignore it.
Those are from the third person perspective of Imperium researchers, which is a group postulating how things might be.

Comparatively the quote I posted from the latest Ork codex was delivered via the omniscient narrator perspective, which is word of god stating how things are.

It's very important to keep the perspective in mind when reading Warhammer codex's, otherwise you end up seeing illusionary contradictions all over the place.

Codex Imperialis said:
THE ORKS, page 50-51, paragraph 9
Although it may seem very strange to humans, these Oddboyz all possess an intuitive understanding of complex technical matters. For example, a Mekboy knows how to create engines and generators even though he has never been taught to do so. If asked where his knowledge comes from he might say that engineering and mechanics were in his blood. If the Imperium's scientists are correct then this would almost literally be true! If appears that bound up within an Ork's genetic structure are artificial DNA strands which carry knowledge. Possibly these DNA strands were implanted into the Ork metabolism by the Brain Boys to enable the Orks to survive without their masters. As an Ork matures any latent knowledge inherent in his genetic structure starts to make itself felt, and he assumes a role in society to which he is best suited.

And...

Codex Imperialis said:
THE ORKS, page 52, paragraph 6
Evil Sunz
The Evil Sunz are uncontrollably attracted towards fast war bikes and loud noise. This is a common trait among Orks, but especially pronounced in the Evil Sunz. They are constantly tinkering with their engines, trying to get as much speed out of them as possible. Evil Sunz wear red clothes and often paint their machines red too - firmly believing in the old proverb that red wunz fo faster.

Last edited:
You're all forgetting that Zoat refuses to admit that New 52 exists. Sticking to a older, more sensible version of the rules and lore is hardly any crazier.
It's not that I hate the-.

dscf3678.jpg

StormTalon-12_873x627.jpg

dreadknight.jpg

Ah... Okay, I strongly dislike some parts. But... Ah... I like drop pods? They weren't in 2nd. And Sternguard. And most Tau stuff, and the new version of the Genestealer Cult.

And I've got to be honest: handling bikes as infantry upgrades rather then vehicles is a massive improvement, 3+ edition hand to hand is massively better than 2nd edition and putting equipment and psychic powers in the same book as the army list is much better as well.

It's not that I hate the-.

Ah... Okay, I strongly dislike some parts. But... Ah... I like drop pods? They weren't in 2nd. And Sternguard. And most Tau stuff, and the new version of the Genestealer Cult.

And I've got to be honest: handling bikes as infantry upgrades rather then vehicles is a massive improvement, 3+ edition hand to hand is massively better than 2nd edition and putting equipment and psychic powers in the same book as the army list is much better as well.
Hey, I'm right there with you. Not with tabletop RPGs, but some video games - I used to play Team Fortress 2 a while back, and I liked most of the updates. But then they tried to add a "casual mode" matchmaking system, which would have had a ton of terrible issues and was really just a undesirable direction.

Luckily on the day of the update, all the servers just exploded. What a shame. May the game rest in peace, it's memory untainted. And ignore all those people who claim they still play it; pretending is the only way they know to handle their grief.

Not with tabletop RPGs, but some video games - I used to play Team Fortress 2 a while back, and I liked most of the updates. But then they tried to add a "casual mode" matchmaking system, which would have had a ton of terrible issues and was really just a undesirable direction.
Reminds me of For Honor...which STILL can't figure out what the fuck kind of game it wants to be, and the fact that every "season" is accompanied by some often obnoxious character changes.

I'm wondering what the Ophidian, Dox, and Hinon's reactions are to OL getting killed. Will his standing in the OLC take a hit from being so thoroughly stomped?

Reminds me of For Honor...which STILL can't figure out what the fuck kind of game it wants to be, and the fact that every "season" is accompanied by some often obnoxious character changes.

I'm wondering what the Ophidian, Dox, and Hinon's reactions are to OL getting killed. Will his standing in the OLC take a hit from being so thoroughly stomped?

Well considering they could claim to be fighting the source itself (or an embodiment of the source) maybe not so much

It basically works like Sparktech.

And the reality warping only works for Orks and even then their stuff tends to...

OH MY GOD TECH ORKS ARE BASICALLY SPARKS!
So, sporks?
Anyhow, I suspect that the "deuterium rounds" were supposed to be "depleted uranium rounds" but someone got their nuclear fuels mixed up.

Codex Orks 2nd Edition

JESUS CHRIST, is Ork technology having a psychic component to it such a FUCKING ballbuster? This is a setting where people shoot lightning from their brains, and we've established that all Orks are part of the gestalt field. Is it really so hard? So you have to be an Ork (or a hardcore motherfucker) to shoot their guns, so what? Psychic fields are a slightly more esoteric part of normal physics, in 40k. The Ork techno-gene explains a lot of shit, and there's no need for their tech to be entirely psychic OR entirely mechanical.

(Also, eat shit Vaermina. Decay should be fought with all our strength and maximum effort.)

See that strikes me as an excessive reaction.

Personally I don't 40k, but having the tech genetically encoded strains my suspension of disbelief more than the other option. It's not that I can't accept the idea of it. Really it just seems like a bad idea for your super soldiers. What are they going to do when advancing technology leaves their encoded knowledge obsolete? Or if a genetic mutation scrambles the blue prints for building a gun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back