• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Don't know the Exact version of things he's referring to...there was a recent run about dark celestials that have been shaking things up about what we thought we knew about the earlier stuff. Infested space bugs, Future Franklin Richards time travel, Uni-mind Ghost Rider Avenger Giant robots.....it was weird.

From something a bit older we have the Earth-X universe, where they explain their version of why mutants and other super humans happen.

Celestials reproduce via 'eggs' planted in planet cores. Since the universe is a bit shy on natural predators for space gods, Galatus eats planets that are carrying them as a form of population control. To keep him away from their eggs, or any other threats, they decide to experiment with the DNA of local critters, making them more powerful. They keep trying to invent a defense against threats to the egg, sort of like a planetary immune system.

Eternals, Deviants, X-Gene Mutants and 'ordinary' humans are all a product of that series of experiments on earth, (with the skrulls and other races being the product of that on other worlds). Modern human Mutates along with the Inhumans, are basically altered versions of these earlier altered humans.

The thing is....there are a few throwbacks to what humanity WOULD have been, had they not been altered. The best known one would be Wolverine. Who is in fact what a true unaltered human SHOULD be, in that universe.

Hrm. I suppose. Chalk it up to a foalish mistake, but if she went into things armed for bear then I reckon she'd have a good chance. Night has a favorable match up against Conquest.

Edit: I disagree that she'd be at her weakest in his mind.
Night is a Primordial concept.

Metaphysics wise she should be way way out of Grayven's league.

And that's before you take into account that Primordial concepts, by their very nature, can't be conquered.

For reasons unknown to me the short form of "Princess Mi Amore Cadenza" is "Princess Cadance", spelled like a dance rather than like a cadence. (I guess unless you've changed it for your version.)

I wonder if I can claim-.

The world shudders
This part of the chapter switches from sans-serif to serif. Given the sudden intrusion it might be a literary effect, but then again it might not.

As has been said, she recently spent a lot of time dominated, and then overcome with outside power. That's the mantle of conquest twice over.

I disagree. She was freed via the elements which are pretty clear about being Harmony, and if she was sealed via conquest...

Well, I mean if that's the case then good on Celestia! Sure after a thousand years history is whatever you say of it, but to seal away her sister to gain sole control of Equestria and then still maintain a good relationship with said sister once she was freed? Truly, well done.

I imagine part of the focus on the superserum is the symbolic aspect, but aside from that, it's really not a bad choice as far as first step Transhumanism goes.

Even if it's argued that Zoat's buffed it here then wasn't um, I think it was called the Eternity Serum? Well I think there was supposed to be a knock off of the super serum that was responsible for extending the lifespan of the original Nick Fury to the 2000's.

There is no relation actually.

The Infinity Formula was invented by Sir Isaac Newton, it's a weaker version of his own Elixir of Life.

You might be thinking of Mockingbird though, who got an injection that combined both the Infinity Formula and the Super Soldier Serum, a combination that gave her superstrength, agility, and a healing factor.

Harry Osborn also got dosed with a combination of the Super Soldier Serum and the Goblin Formula to make him American Son, which if nothing else combined the smart drug natures of both formulas to make him even smarter than his old man.

There is no relation actually.

The Infinity Formula was invented by Sir Isaac Newton, it's a weaker version of his own Elixir of Life.

You might be thinking of Mockingbird though, who got an injection that combined both the Infinity Formula and the Super Soldier Serum, a combination that gave her superstrength, agility, and a healing factor.

Harry Osborn also got dosed with a combination of the Super Soldier Serum and the Goblin Formula to make him American Son, which if nothing else combined the smart drug natures of both formulas to make him even smarter than his old man.

Fair enough, thanks for the info

What do you think he's scanning for? Which out of the thousands of microbes in the human body is responsible? Does Sublime even exist in this setting?
So the snippet of him talking with Magneto is from a future PoV? And yeah between him knowing about the possible existence of Sublime and actually finding which microbes is the one would take some time and a bunch of ring scan on tests subject (both standard human and mutant).

What do you think he's scanning for? Which out of the thousands of microbes in the human body is responsible? Does Sublime even exist in this setting?

Ring, scan for SMART parasitic life forms on Earth. Smart as defined by being as intelligence as a human or more.

Yes Marvel has more than one of those, but then he can keep adding filters.

This right here. Most advances don't change things much until they can be mass-produced.
The Iron Man armor is great, but it requires a crapload of specialized gear to make and maintain. Tony has the funds, skills, and an AI to do it, but it's not practical for widespread use. A lot of super-tech is like that. Think of the goblin glider. It can likely only carry fuel for about thirty minutes of flight time at the most, but Osborn had hideouts all over the city stocked with supplies for it along with his pumpkin bombs and stuff.

PORTABLE POWER SOURCE THAT CAN FEED A WHOLE CITY OR SMALL TOWN FOR YEARS!

"Tony, just the power source alone would make it so we say goodbye to fuel based cars and trucks at the very least. And that just making cheaper versions that are not good as the ones you use in your armors."

"Yes, and next day after I start selling cheaper Arc reactors everyone and their mother finally has an efficient way to power all those Iron Man wannabes armors."

"The Beetle is not based on your tech at all."

"The what?"

"Guy in power armor, almost defeated ALL THE AVENGERS TWICE, that guy? And he did so on a BUDGET! His armor is like three times cheaper than yours. Doesn't it hurt, being so inefficient?"

Last edited:
Ring, scan for SMART parasitic life forms on Earth. Smart as defined by being as intelligence as a human or more.

PORTABLE POWER SOURCE THAT CAN FEED A WHOLE CITY OR SMALL TOWN FOR YEARS!

"Tony, just the power source alone would make it so we say goodbye to fuel based cars and trucks at the very least. And that just making cheaper versions that are not good as the ones you use in your armors."

"Yes, and next day after I start selling cheaper Arc reactors everyone and their mother finally has an efficient way to power all those Iron Man wannabes armors."

"The Beetle is not based on your tech at all."

"The what?"

"Guy in power armor, almost defeated ALL THE AVENGERS TWICE, that guy? And he did so on a BUDGET! His armor is like three times cheaper than yours. Doesn't it hurt, being so inefficient?"
Isn't MCU Tony working on Arc Reactor power stations? I don't know about the comics universe to say more, but large scale clean and cheap power makes sense with Tony's fears and it still does some good.

Don't know the Exact version of things he's referring to...there was a recent run about dark celestials that have been shaking things up about what we thought we knew about the earlier stuff. Infested space bugs, Future Franklin Richards time travel, Uni-mind Ghost Rider Avenger Giant robots.....it was weird.

From something a bit older we have the Earth-X universe, where they explain their version of why mutants and other super humans happen.

Celestials reproduce via 'eggs' planted in planet cores. Since the universe is a bit shy on natural predators for space gods, Galatus eats planets that are carrying them as a form of population control. To keep him away from their eggs, or any other threats, they decide to experiment with the DNA of local critters, making them more powerful. They keep trying to invent a defense against threats to the egg, sort of like a planetary immune system.

Eternals, Deviants, X-Gene Mutants and 'ordinary' humans are all a product of that series of experiments on earth, (with the skrulls and other races being the product of that on other worlds). Modern human Mutates along with the Inhumans, are basically altered versions of these earlier altered humans.

The thing is....there are a few throwbacks to what humanity WOULD have been, had they not been altered. The best known one would be Wolverine. Who is in fact what a true unaltered human SHOULD be, in that universe.
Damn

It has no farming and no mining. I can feel the twisting effect its location and nature are having on the supply networks of the country.
So just like every other major post-industrial city in existence.
You do not put farmland inside your cities, not until your tech makes vertical farming viable.
You do not mine minerals under you cities, largely because mines run out and tend to do so long before you get cities worthy of the name. Also the whole subsidence issue.

If he wants to talk about supply inefficiency then the literal flying city is a far more deserving target.

Critically though, Grayven is trying to apply human logistics to ponies. One pegasus with a flying wagon can haul a ton or more of stuff a hundred kilometres in a day. Canterlot and Cloudsdale were being supplied perfectly fine centuries before railways became a thing.
Changing tech might mean their placement is no longer optimal but by the same token further development (teleportation, portals, etc) will render their location irrelevant.

You BROKE INTO MY BRAIN. You are a SNEAK THIEF.
He invaded their country, assaulted their rulers, semi-accidentality crippled their defences and openly plans to subvert their government. Not sure exactly what that makes him but it rather undermines his moral high ground.

Corrections:...to track by simply looking
Thank you, corrected.
So are all the duplicates returned to the pool still Pinkies, or would they be able to reformat themselves off of other ponies?
The whole thing was made up. Pinkie Pie is actually a changeling hive.
Could you please narrow down what you want explained? Or are you a dalek?
This right here. Most advances don't change things much until they can be mass-produced.
The Iron Man armor is great, but it requires a crapload of specialized gear to make and maintain. Tony has the funds, skills, and an AI to do it, but it's not practical for widespread use. A lot of super-tech is like that. Think of the goblin glider. It can likely only carry fuel for about thirty minutes of flight time at the most, but Osborn had hideouts all over the city stocked with supplies for it along with his pumpkin bombs and stuff.
There's a scene in Ultimates where we see a dozen or so technicians doing maintenance on the Iron Man armour.
For reasons unknown to me the short form of "Princess Mi Amore Cadenza" is "Princess Cadance", spelled like a dance rather than like a cadence. (I guess unless you've changed it for your version.)
Thank you, corrected.
This part of the chapter switches from sans-serif to serif. Given the sudden intrusion it might be a literary effect, but then again it might not.
Literary effect. That's where the Renegade became consciously aware of what was going on.
Zoat is it possible for New Gods to posses more than one Domain like Old Gods can?
No, but the definition can be flexible.

Last edited:
Also, Grayven's dream plan:

No, the Renegade wouldn't mistreat a loyal employee like that.
So the snippet of him talking with Magneto is from a future PoV?
Yes.
And yeah between him knowing about the possible existence of Sublime and actually finding which microbes is the one would take some time and a bunch of ring scan on tests subject (both standard human and mutant).
Quite.

I don't think that the power ring could detect telepathic communication. Particularly when it's being conducted by a non-humanoid intelligence.
He invaded their country,
No he didn't. At worst he intruded.
assaulted their rulers,
Luna attacked him.
semi-accidentality crippled their defences
The Elements of Harmony were already unavailable.
and openly plans to subvert their government.
No, he plans to help Sunset subvert their government. And only the natural authorty of alicornhood, not the mechanism by which the country is run.
Not sure exactly what that makes him but it rather undermines his moral high ground.
I don't think he was trying to take the moral high ground.

Night is a Primordial concept.

Metaphysics wise she should be way way out of Grayven's league.

And that's before you take into account that Primordial concepts, by their very nature, can't be conquered.
I don't think she's using 'Night', she's dream-walking, using her sub-aspect of 'Nightmare' (which can occur during the day). So, not really as Primordial. Still pretty major, though, probably a lot closer to 'Conquest'; Yellow Ring territory?

Lucid dreaming is Self-control, which is Conquest of self?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back