• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Grayven's getting Harmony-blasted sooner rather than later.

No her dumb as fuck self torture device just ate it, so now that piece of the anti-life is aware and reactive. It'll likely leave him to cause more suffering, not sure how much it'll damage/taint his soul first.

there isn't a life equation so much as a mysticism of life, or something like that. the reason that it's the anti life equation is because apocalypse took the science approach while new genesis took the whole peace and love approach

there isn't a life equation so much as a mysticism of life, or something like that. the reason that it's the anti life equation is because apocalypse took the science approach while new genesis took the whole peace and love approach
There is a life equation, it's just that it's New 52. So yeah, it doesn't exist.

So, as there seem to be a lot of MLP and HOI 4 fans here, is Equestria at War any good? Also, any suggestions for a fairly new player?
It's a total conversion mod with its own maps. Its own division models, be they for ponies, griffins or changelings. The focus trees for minor factions are larger and more branching than the vanilla focus trees. Yes, it's good.

Stalliongrad is fairly easy to start with. I'm playing the Yale Rectorate at the moment and I've conquered about two fifths of the eastern continent after a couple of false starts.
BTW Mr Zoat the last two updates don't have red color (renegade) for the date
Thank you, corrected.

Yea but the Pony Magic won, so I reiterate.

Don't fuck with Ponies.
The Pony Magic didn't win. The Pony Magic simply aided the Darkseid magic which was already winning, with a little extra oomph.

Don't fuck ponies is a little different to don't fuck with ponies. I'll agree to the first.

The life equation was mentioned in pre flashpoint comics but barely and I don't think it was ever shown like anti life.
In n52 Highfather wanted to use the white light as the life equation and fight Darkseid, which makes sense seeing as white light is life.

Why I too watch Shadiversity.

In my estimation, this is not a castle. This is a castle-styled palace.
Yep. I remember the vid where he points out how to tell the difference between the two.
Actual moral of this story:EXPLAIN BETTER!@Grayven.

also. this better be a nightmare.
It's a nightmare. It just remains to be seen if it's also real.
but Chaos doesn't = null. it'd be the opposite of null. so everything. in otherwords the discord life equation would rip itself apart trying to defy it's own nature.
Yeah, if anything it would make him literally shit bricks with fear because that's a thing he can physically do.

Down down down down
Down down down down
Down

The lift doors open… Heh. The room beyond looks like the place SHADE were keeping Lynne. In place of the machinery they were using are a series of coloured rings. Inner, mid and outer, one layer of each colour of the emotional spectrum, red at the top and violet at the bottom. And inside them a ball of… Grey. And I know it should be white. Several of the inner rings are afflicted too, dulled and.. slightly melted. I step out of the lift and cautiously start walking a circle of the room.
Oh, boy. This cannot end well. Just seeing the breakdown of the seal upon the Anti-life Fragment...

I find myself glancing at the place I killed Esak, and for a moment his body flickers into view.

Hm.

"What is it?"
"Nothing important..."

Luna has taken a few steps closer, though thankfully she's got more sense than to actually touch the thing.

"The bands are formed from my emotions. Red, for hate and anger. Orange, for avarice. Yellow, for fear. Green, for will. Blue, for hope. Indigo, for compassion. Violet for love. A pearl of universal life force contains a fragment of the Anti-Life Equation."
"It's quite beautiful, if not for what it's holding back..."

"And what is that?"

"Nobody's completely certain, praise the Source. There are certain… Forms of suffering, which can… Take on a pseudo-life of their own. I suppose it's a little like how the abstract concept of 'loyalty' can, in the hooves of a profoundly loyal pony, become part of a harmonious Rainbow of Fixing. This is… A fragment, one my father chose to bestow upon me as… What I'm forced to assume was a gesture of respect and affirmation."
Respect and affirmation that no good, sane being would ever want...

"What is it?"

"Have you ever wanted something, striven for something with all your might, and failed, failed completely and known a misery of a depth that you could not have known if you had never made that effort?"

She shivers, then nods.
Yes, she knows that feel, bro.

"Imagine feeling that misery for everything. Imagine.. being convinced that even the successes were failures. Imagine being made incapable of thinking that thing were otherwise, that they had ever been otherwise, that they could ever be otherwise. That is what this fragment does."
"Imagine living through the worst day of your life, over and over again, with no way to change anything for the better. Even trying makes everything worse."

"And… The whole?"

"Father believes that it will cause the entire universe to become an extension of his being; that it will make him not a New God but simply God. Having known this.. piece, I shudder to imagine what he'd have to become to make that happen."
Whatever it is, no-one wants to see it, because it will mean He has won. And that means everyone else is lost.

"And you believe that the Elements of Harmony could remove it."

"I hope that the Elements of Harmony will destroy it. But I'd take removing it. See how the cage is failing?"
Honestly, he's hanging a lot of hope on something that may not work at all. Who knows how Anti-life will interact with Harmony?

"We see it." She takes a small step closer. "How long will it take?"

"Don't know. I actually used the blasted thing a little while ago and I think that's where the decay of the inner ring came from. But it's increasing and I don't know how to stop it. Because it's not just a matter of recreating the rings. It's literally eating the emotion I put into them. Making them part of it. Adapting, so that I'll come to see those emotional bonds as harmful to myself."
"It's almost clever in its insidiousness."

I stomp towards her.

"And this is just a fragment. Do you understand! Your country may have a way to unmake the entire Anti-Life! Your entire species could devote their existences into doing nothing but fulfilling that goal and their lives would have been more worthy than they would had they devoted themselves to any other goal. And they don't need to. Six members of your species have to give me five bucking minutes. And then I'm out of their hair."
To be honest, it's not entirely within their control...

"That… Is a sound argument. And Sister's former apprentice?"

"Sunset wants to turn herself into an alicorn using a technique she discovered for herself while Celestia watches. She believes that doing so will conclusively prove Celestia wrong, and then Celestia will either admit it or prove herself unworthy of Sunset's devotion."
Personally, I doubt it will go as she hopes it will...

"She did not seem devout."

"On my world, Sunset has access to any arcane text she wants. Any arcane device she wants. She has a mentor who is delighted by her scholarship, students of her own, and tasks from me to keep her on her toes. She has everything she ever wanted from Celestia, and she bothered coming back. Why?"

"Because she is not as angry as she appears."
So close to the mark. Given that she can play a part in a Harmony Strike, I think there may well be an optional, seventh part of Harmony. Kindness, Generosity, Loyalty, Laughter, Honesty, Friendship, and Courage.

"No, her anger is genuine. But as much as she hates Celestia, she loves her too. In her mind, Celestia's rejection is an aber…" I look past Luna to… There's a small… Ball, like a hole to a starry sky, floating just behind her. "Aberation. What's.. that?"

The ball floats towards the cage, a pale blue aura-. She's bypassing my locks? Okay, yes, she's rather good at dream magic, that's expected. But I'm looking at it and I still can't feel it.
Oh, dear. Oh this is not good.

"No! Stop!" Luna's staring at it in fear. "We did not make you to torment others!"

"Luna, is that yours?"
"What is that? What did you do?"

It's getting closer to the emotional bindings, floating up past hope and will, slowing at fear and stopping at avarice.

The pearl within the bindings undulates.
...Panic. Panic, now! Mother Box!

"Luna."

"It is called the Tantabus. We made it that We might never forget Our misdeeds and failings."
Well, that sounds like a great idea!

"What does it do?"

"It makes Us relive them each night. We do not-."

I turn my head towards her. "Why would you make something like that?"
Seriously, why would you do something like that? In what world did anything like that seem like a good idea? This sounds like you created your own little chunk of Anti-life!

"It is what We deserve. We desired our ponies' reverence so much that we were driven mad by its lack."

Oh shit.

"Your desire for something was strong, and you were hurt for it."
Avarice at its worst. Oh, this cannot end well. Is Grayven going to have to call on the Ophidian to help? Would she respond?

"We were driven mad for it. We became a monster-."

The Tantabus darts in, the outer orange ring shattering and failing! The greying pearl stretches out to meet it, the inner ring evaporating at its approach.
Containment breach! Everybody out of the Dreamscape! And then the Universe!

"Luna, run." Here I-.

I blink. Here I-.

My God Speech. I can't do it. Without that-.
Oh shit.

"What horror is occurring?"

"You've felt it, the form of suffering this fragment relates to. And you invested that feeling in this Tantabus thing. The barrier's about to fail and there's nothing we can do to stop it. I'm no longer blocking your magic. Can you escape?"
Well, it was nice knowing you. All they can do is hope that the Mane 6 can Rainbow Power it into oblivion...

She tilts her head slightly. "Neigh, We cannot."

The orange hoop fails first, the Tantabus floating through the gap and touching the misshapen grey mass inside. It.. flows over the shape's outer surface, giving it new definition and substance.
Introducing... Nightmare Luna II: Electric Boogaloo!

The other rings shatter in a blast that knocks us both into the wall behind us!

And a vaguely horse-shaped thing steps forth.

"Life = Pain."
And a chill runs down the spine of every Equestrian...

Well, if Darkseid is watching this, then He is smiling in satisfaction that Grayven has exceeded His highest expectations, giving form to the Anti-life... Seriously, this is the definition of "Shit's hit the fan!"

Correction:
...thinking that thing were otherwise...
...thinking that things were otherwise...

Last edited:
You know, I'm getting the feeling that the mention of Grayven meeting Discord in the second episode will involve Discord smacking Grayven like Sisko smacked himQ.

"I'm all for a little chaos but YOU DON'T JUST COME CHARGING IN HERE AND BREAK MY FAVORITE TOYS, YOU IMBECILIC EXTRADIMENSIONAL SELF-INSERTING PRIMATE!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back