• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

"This is… Fear? You wore something similar on your ear piercing."

"Yes, that represents the yellow light of fear. So now we know what-"

I hear a stamp. An armoured boot striking a stone surface. And another. Something is slowly approaching.

"-we're doing."

So I foresaw Grayven getting the Elements as a (small) possibility. But having Luna go through the Emotional Spectrum? That's a nice pairing that makes this much more enjoyable.

hqdefault.jpg

Seconded!! Any cartoon that has Q as a major character almost has to be good and i certainly like it a lot.

I'm basically living in a
prog rock album cover

Yeah, this whole situation is as trippy as fuck. Battling an abomination of your own making upon a battlefield made of your own dreaming mind alongside a winged Unicorn of night? Prog Rock fans would have that art framed on the wall.

The Castle of the Two Sisters looks to be in far better repair in my dream than it does in reality. It-.

"Luna, is this the pre-banishment castle?"

She pauses for a moment as she leads the way through the halls and takes a moment to look around. "It is."
Can you blame her for thinking of happier times?

"I don't know what that looks like. How are you inserting your thoughts into my head space?"

She tosses her main, and starts walking again. "'Tis not an attack. 'Tis the nature of dreams to respond to the thoughts and memories of those who experience them. E'en now, thou couldst most likely change things if thou truly desir'd it."
Unfortunately, Grayven is better at Fear than Avarice.

"Okay. I know that you and Celestia used to use the Elements…"

"That is not why we are here." She shoves open the door to the throne room. "When We speak of the Elements, the first that comes to our mind is Kindness. 'Tis here that Sister showed Us the greatest Kindness after We were restored from the Nightmare."
However, it's not easy to be the kind of person to embody all the elements at once...

"Wasn't that in the ruined castle?"

"Yes. But this is still how We remember Our home."
Like I said, she's thinking of happier times.

"Isn't it supposed to be a kindness that you displayed?"

"That… We hope not."
Harmony tends to be forgiving, admittedly.

She turns, spreads her legs a little to improve her stability, then closes her eyes. The castle around us… Rots away, a thousand years of neglect appearing as I watch. Another wavering in our environment and Luna appears as she was immediately after the Nightmare was banished; small, weak and scared. Translucent images of the Bearers shimmer into being on the peripheries of the diorama but the focus is the statuesque form of Princess Celestia, towering over the cringing Luna.
I'm surprised there was no fear present. Imagine Luna's uncertainty at how her sister would react...

Then the Celestia image lays down next to her, and nuzzles her.

"After all that We did, she was still willing to accept Us back." Luna shakes her head, her eyes remaining locked on the image. "If this does not work, then this approach is fatally flawed."
Given the danger, any gamble is worth the risk.

"Maybe you need something you did to demonstrate a virtue?"

"We-."

I can't ready pony expressions well, but she looks decidedly unhappy. I walk over to her, standing along side her and pressing my side-. Too tall. I crouch slightly and press my side into hers.
That sounds awkward as hell...

"You wielded the Elements. Come on. You confronted me to protect your nation. Wasn't that a display of loyalty?"

"Neigh. Pride, and frustration that We missed Sister's fight with Chrysalis. We sought confrontation to prove Our might. We were selfish. And frustrating though you are, We should not have attacked you without further investigation."
Yeah, that's a popular characterisation in fan-fiction. I can see her feeling uncomfortably inferior to her sister...

"Don't apologise. I enjoyed it. Now, come on: there must be something that sticks-."

"Wriggling!" Her eyes widen and she sidesteps away from me. "You were-! … Standing proud!"
Oh, my. Grayven, you cad. Hmm... Would this qualify as a wet dream?:p

"You're an attractive mare. Now focus. Virtues."

"I-. No, I know that I did, but-."
Oh, dear, it's already starting to spread...

Oh no. "It's working on you, trying to make you forget, to cheapen your achievements. Come on, pick a memory at random if you must."

She nods, and the eight dream ponies disappear to be replaced by an image of a royal guard. He looks around fearfully, spear held under his right wing. Luna walks towards him. "This is Stalwart Spear. He assailed Us when We appeared in the Ponyville town hall as Nightmare Moon. We struck him down, and he had nightmares for days." She lays her right forehoof on his left shoulder. "His was the first dream we visited after Our return, and we were able to bring him comfort."
I hope it was just a polite talk...

"See? Kind."

She backs off, and the image of Stalwart Spear fades. "We caused his terrors. A pony who's very cutie mark identifies their strongest desire to fight in Equestria's defence was confronted by one who effortlessly overpowered him. And Our Sister's student did not even call upon him to aid her in her journey to our castle."
Ouch, that must have stung.

"Yeah, but you made a point of trying to help him." I pause. "Did you know who the dreamer was before you went in?"

"No, We did not. Though We should not have been surprised."
Huh. That must make for some embarrassing moments sometimes, not knowing what awaits you in someone's dreams...

"Yeah, you felt bad, but you knuckled down and did the job when you could have ducked out or hid away. You wanted him to feel better, and I want you to feel better about doing it." I bend my neck down and nudge her with my face, careful to make sure that I don't accidentally spike her with my horn. "Okay?"

She.. smiles faintly. "We accept what you say." Then she sighs. "But it appears that the Elements do not, elsewise-.
Wait for it!

Pink light flares in the air, and I breathe a sigh of relief. Good, good, this approach can-

A pink gemstone appears as the light fade, and floats over to attach itself to my armour.
What.:confused:

-not work as intended. And now I have Kindness, apparently.

"Thou hast show me kindness, and been recognised for it. Mayhap thou can demonstrate each of the virtues for thyself, and achieve victory in that manner. Though we are still at a loss as to what We are supposed to do to aid in this endeavour."
Oh, gods... It makes a perverse sense. Since the danger is locked within Grayven's mind, he's the only one who can really work to fix it...

Well, if I'm getting the Elements…

"What are you afraid of?"
Kosh: What do you want?

"Huhuhahahahahahahaha!"

Nightmare Moon appears at the end of the room, throwing her head back as she gives her villain laugh an outing. A beaten Celestia lies at her hooves, struggling to move.

"We fear becoming that once more. A callous, cruel and petty creature who cares only for her own aggrandisement."
Of course. It's only natural she should fear that she could still harbour those feelings, that they might come bubbling back to the surface someday...

Nightmare Moon smiles.

"A strong, confident creature who revels in her own majesty, not the bumbling, hesitant mess that you are. I was always better at being me than you were."

"And We know that in Our heart of hearts that We believe that too."
Why else would she have created the Tantabus, after all?

Yellow light flares around her feet, and a moment later Luna's barding gains a new decoration.

"This is… Fear? You wore something similar on your ear piercing."
No way.:eek: Is she on the path to becoming a White Lantern, or is this just symbolic? Surely we'll see soon!

"Yes, that represents the yellow light of fear. So now we know what-"

I hear a stamp. An armoured boot striking a stone surface. And another. Something is slowly approaching.
That kind of approach says "I feel no need to chase you, for you cannot escape me no matter how far or fast you run." Pure slasher movie monster.

"-we're doing."

She nods as Nightmare Moon fades into memory. Hm, to be relived in Luna's own nightmares. "What are the other emotions your spectrum contains?"

"Hate and anger, avarice, will, hope, compassion, and love. And I've got loyalty, honesty, generosity, laughter and friendship to go. Okay, this is manageable."
Let the mutual vision quest begin!

"Assuming that this works."

The boots are getting closer. Luna's ears prick up.

"We assume that We didst not image that?"
The Tantabus-Anti-life fusion is enjoying this, isn't it?

"No, not intentionally. But I mostly just focused on shutting mental intruders down, not doing anything entertaining. I was expecting that we'd be facing the Tantaquation by now."

Another trudging step and the creature comes into view.
Oh, this is going to be good...

Well, this is going to be an interesting sequence of events. Luna and Grayven going on a shared vision quest through their respective memories for the macguffins to defeat the slow-moving monster? And no doubt those in the real world are panicking.

Corrections:
She tosses her main...
She tosses her mane...
I can't ready pony expressions...
I can't read pony expressions...
A pony who's very cutie...
A pony whose very cutie...
"We assume that We didst not image that?"
"We assume that We didst not imagine that?"

Can you blame her for thinking of happier times?
What exactly was happy about being so miserable that she tried to bring about eternal night?
Harmony tends to be forgiving, admittedly.

Yes. Forgiving.
Corrections:
She tosses her mane...
I can't read pony expressions...
A pony whose very cutie...
"We assume that We didst not imagine that?"
Thank you, corrected.

We should not have attacked you without further investigation."

"Don't apologise. I enjoyed it. Now, come on: there must be something that sticks-."

"Wriggling!" Her eyes widen and she sidesteps away from me. "You were-! … Standing proud!"
We've joked before about how Zoat has clearly enjoyed cumming here, but I think we're about to see some hardcore bestialit- interspecies erotica! The sort we should have seen on Vega.

Huh. Paul could have been Spider-Man's dad.

What exactly was happy about being so miserable that she tried to bring about eternal night?
...Maybe she was thinking of a time before Nightmare Moon, then?x3

Effing Hardcore. Uh... Forgiving, when it likes them?

Admittedly, I haven't seen more than maybe the first whole season and some of the second before I got bored of it, barring stuff like Twilight Vs Tirek... I'm surely missing a lot...

The Renegade and Luna are both ponies.
Well, that's something of a weighty problem, isn't it?:p Picture a Cyldesdale wooing a Shetland...

plus if they both went through the mirror they'd be the same species mostly. since grayven has basically turned himself into an apocalyptian after being a roided up human. seriously the blockbuster formula, who in their right mind would think that was valuable.

Welp, that's just become one of my favourite things i've seen on this website. good job,
Now picture it playing out for real. Because the mirror opens up into public.

A tall naked female human with Elentári hair speared on alicorn cock in public. Wonder Woman rocks up to to hear the words "GrAyVeN!"

I'm thinking Diana just turns around and goes home.

"You're an attractive mare. Now focus. Virtues."

I see Grayven is a member of the interspecies reviewers.

I wonder what score he would give her? Or a tamaranean?

So, Luna will become a white lantern, while Grayven will get all the elements of harmony and become the avatar? :D

"Isn't it supposed to be a kindness that you displayed?"
Grayven became an authority on the mechanics of the harmony-based artefacts when?
He watched a cartoon. Luna lived the world.

"Hate and anger, avarice, will, hope, compassion, and love. And I've got loyalty, honesty, generosity, laughter and friendship to go. Okay, this is manageable."
White Lantern Luna. Not something I was expecting. Should be easy enough to arrange.

Element Barer Grayven? Rather harder. Basic emotions are part of life and broadly universal. Complex social concepts rather less so. The first three he has but laughter and friendship aren't really his thing. That said given how easily he got kindness I suspect a certain tree is stacking the odds.

Sounds like a pokemon.
...did a Paul end up in the Pokemon World?

You need a power ring to go lantern, white or otherwise. Otherwise it's just enlightenment?

You need a power ring to go lantern, white or otherwise. Otherwise it's just enlightenment?

It's even in the mind scape, so it probably doesn't even count as soul enlightenment like Paul has. Remember soul enlightenment usually requires years of meditation and self reflection, and Paul had to go through a crash course of every orange tinted thought he could have and came off it with inhuman thought processes.

What Grayven and Luna are doing doesn't even come close to that, if anything they are taking the first few steps to enlightenment at best.

If you mean "go lantern" as in be a member of a lantern corps, yes, if you mean "go lantern" as in manipulate the Glow of the Emotional Spectrum, no, not necessarily.

Larfleeze was theorized to have undergone a transformation ala Alan's, and that as a greed elemental he didn't need a power battery anymore.

Justice Lord Stewart controls the Glow as his New God ability.

The Maltusian factions control the Glow through biology, symbiosis with the Maltusian symbionts.

Dark Druid controls the Black through magic.

And Paul worried that the Omac/Amazos would be able to duplicate his orange power ring just as Amazos in other continuities did.

"Dost thou feel lucky?"
Well dost thou, punk?

Boy, is that an awkward image. Especially since he's so much larger than her...
Ponyback rides!

Thou hast show me kindness
shown

A pink gemstone appears as the light fade, and
fades

Don't you DARE mention that conversion bureau shitfuckery ever again, do you hear me you bastard!?
I can't be too mad about TCB because otherwise I would never have been exposed to MLP fic in the first place. I get the horror aspect of it is... well, horrifying, but that's kind of the point.

Oh, my. Grayven, you cad. Hmm... Would this qualify as a wet dream?:p
Might be a way to pick up love or friendzoneship...

So the renegade is attracted to women he fights like with Kara 50 and now Luna.
Paul, and some of his counterparts, on the other hand seems to be attracted to bad girls who become better when dating him.
... Oh god Zoat has the personality of a girl who likes to "save" the bad boy.
... I may have just lost a lot of respect for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back