• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Don't think he can. Gardener was able to hold him off with will alone, before he became Will Enlightened. I doubt Krona who his a Maltusian former Guardian will have weaker will.

Even if Hinon wasn't able to break his constructs.
No, Chojin was worried about Krona flipping out in the manner of Larfleeze when Paul enkindled his avarice. Think the yellow rings' inspire fear, but much more targeted and only available to highly skilled orange light users. At that point his avarice would be high enough for a quick assimilation or branding.

Edit: he wouldn't have access to the rest of the emotional spectrum, and his skill with avarice might allow him to resist, but it would be highly unlikely against nigh-on Orange elemental Paul.

Is this a play of words on unusually sensible? Backhanded praise to the self?
Thank you, corrected.
Also, if the yellow ring user is supposed to Lord Paultector, he should have yellow enlightenment quotes.
[Looks at text, which has yellow quotation marks]

[Frowns]
Eh, I'm just hoping that he at least gives DCAU Paul a fully recharged ring or a chance to recharge his ring.
Paul 12 wasn't picked up by Krona.
Hey Zoat has Kalmin taught paragon how to make power rings yet, ones that can work to be specific, seeing as he was able to make a crude but functional lantern one time?

Missing End Quotation mark.
Actually, incorrect starting quote.
...in an emotion-deprived coma...
Thank you, corrected.
I suspect that they might not have a chance to regroup and interact after the crisis is over, but I don't see why Zoat would do that, diagetically or otherwise. Also, I apologise for the poor grammar earlier, I'm using a tablet.
BURN THE MIDGET COMPUTERS!

[Looks at text, which has yellow quotation marks]

[Frowns]

Ah, my mistake. They're sometimes hard to make out from normal text when using the Dark Responsive theme, but that works wonders for all the other Lantern colours.

I thought you edited those in later on reloading the page. And I was ready to call you out on the 'doesn't count if I changed it before you post', too.

BURN THE MIDGET COMPUTERS!

You're thinking of smartphones. The phrase you're looking for is instruments of the devil. The only thing they're better at than their counterparts is at playing videos and frustrating the user.

So Kalmin is unwilling to help the paragon learn how to make orange rings himself?

A few blank looks, and big grin makes a 'so-so' gesture with his left hand. Yellow gives it a moment but no one has a more affirmative answer. "Right then. Ancient spirits of evil-"

Krona raises his hands and begins brute forcing my construct with beams of golden light. I try subverting his power at the point of contact but he's somehow managing to guard against that.

"-reveal to me Krona's deepest fears."

His eyes shine with the yellow sigil while Krona-.

Krona jerks as if slapped, grimaces, and blasts my containment sphere apart!
First off, I hope Lord Protector didn't team up with Mumm-Ra to kill the Thundercats to be able to invoke the Ancient Spirits of Evil. Second, I hope these Pauls can have a bit of a workshop moment when this is done to learn each others' skills and learn the whole they live in fictional worlds whose info was wiped from their minds. Lastly, I want Time Trapper to either get a happy ending or disappear and be replaced with another one so that we don't know who Time Trapper is again.

Thank you, corrected.

Kalmin is unwilling to share his last generation ring making machine, because he thinks that people should develop their own techniques and devices.

Did he at least give the paragon any pointers on how mortals can make rings themselves without the help of super beings like Maltusians?

Thank you, corrected.

Kalmin is unwilling to share his last generation ring making machine, because he thinks that people should develop their own techniques and devices.
Wouldn't OL be able to make a perfectly functional ring if he can make a lantern, though? The ring wouldn't have higher functions due to a lack of AI, but that's solvable with a sufficient application of avarice when Paul makes the ring.

Last edited:
And in.. one case, to punch through his chest and bed into his rib cage.

His grin extends well beyond the normal limits of a human mouth as he gives me a thumbs up.
Oh hey, something I suggested years ago. All the way back on Spacebattles.

You probably don't remember it even if you read my comment Mr Zoat, but I was one of the people asking if it was a good idea to place a power ring around a bone in one's body.

Not entirely sure if that's what's actually happening here now that I think about it. This version could be doing something different.

You probably don't remember it even if you read my comment Mr Zoat, but I was one of the people asking if it was a good idea to place a power ring around a bone in one's body.

Not entirely sure if that's what's actually happening here now that I think about it. This version could be doing something different.
The man's ribcage opens up in a caricature of a mouth. Or I think. Normally shooting someone in the chest with anything is a recipe for disaster, but this one is a special case.

Last edited:
Wouldn't OL be able to make a perfectly functional ring if he can make a lantern, though? The ring wouldn't have higher functions due to a lack of AI, but that's solvable with a sufficient application of avarice when Paul makes the ring.

AI should not be a big issue, if you have a normal ring to pattern it off? Just copy the software over?
Tho, making one from scratch is gonna be hard

AI should not be a big issue, if you have a normal ring to pattern it off? Just copy the software over?
Tho, making one from scratch is gonna be hard
Depends on how good the DRM is against brute force avarice de-encryption.
Assuming a non-orange ring, and why would I do that. You're right.

I do vaguely remember it coming up. I think I posted at the time why he wouldn't do that, though Sybarite did.

A few blank looks, and big grin makes a 'so-so' gesture with his left hand. Yellow gives it a moment but no one has a more affirmative answer. "Right then. Ancient spirits of evil-"
Shouldn't Sybarite be pretty good at magic given he's a demon? or am I making too many assumptions here?

Well, he does have to worry about collateral damage, namely all his and Jade's alternates. He can't bust out the bignoisyfun stuff.
Isn't a singularity projector bignoisyfun stuff?

Does anyone remember what Episode Paul ran into the people in metropolis who were holding Lois captive on a building so they could shoot Superman with the bowel disruptor?

I think supes was off planet by then, but can't remember the time.

It's not my ring
But it'll do for now
Millions of years of experience he might have, but he doesn't seem to have any form of enlightenment and I very much doubt he has bonded with any of the Embodiments.
The slacker.

Creepy Paul must have a very convoluted recharging process. Also a startling lack of confidence in his ability to have Superior Avarice.

Shouldn't Sybarite be pretty good at magic given he's a demon? or am I making too many assumptions here?
Sybarite isn't the best at applying himself. What little he knows of magical theory he's worked out through personal practice rather than study, and it's nothing that would help with a Guardian.

Isn't a singularity projector bignoisyfun stuff?
I was thinking of the things you'd bust out against cosmic-tier threats... Things that make a Wave Motion Cannon or Melta-Torpedo look small. Exterminatus-level weaponry, which would be my go-to when fighting a threat on par with the Anti-Monitor, Ring charge bedamned.
OL opening with the Singularity projector would qualify as a probing attack... Remember, a fully empowered Maltusian has high-level, nearly reality-altering abilities. Even in Earth-16, they're powerful...

Krona raises his hands and begins brute forcing my construct with beams of golden light. I try subverting his power at the point of contact but he's somehow managing to guard against that.

"-reveal to me Krona's deepest fears."

His eyes shine with the yellow sigil while Krona-.
I seem to recall that magic-as-used-on-earth is an entirely different kettle of fish from magic that can be used elsewhere. I think it was Hinon answering OL's comment that some advanced concealing tech only just broke par with the cheap anti-scry sigil that have been spammed against him on Earth.

Then again, it would make sense for this place at the end of the universe to be located where the Life Entity resided

Does anyone remember what Episode Paul ran into the people in metropolis who were holding Lois captive on a building so they could shoot Superman with the bowel disruptor?

I think supes was off planet by then, but can't remember the time.

It was called 'Black Reign'

Canis showed up with Dreamer on Earth, OL fought Kanto, the League went to Apokalips to rescue the members of her group, Adom killed the previous government of Khandaq and tore Queen Bee in half.

Canis showed up with Dreamer on Earth, OL fought Kanto, the League went to Apokalips to rescue the members of her group, Adom killed the previous government of Khandaq and tore Queen Bee in half.
To be fair, he tore her in half after she did something that he'd warned her in advance not to do, because Queen Bee is arrogant to the point of stupidity due to the advantages her power gives her. A fair number of other people could do that to her, like Dr. Doom, or Sinestro, but she never encountered someone who both could resist her, and was willing to give her a sharp lesson about when she shouldn't do that.

Renegadeverse Queen Bee also died of being arrogant to the point of stupidity, but in a way that was arguably worse (she was killed by machines, which she should have known that she would not be able to influence).

First off, I hope Lord Protector didn't team up with Mumm-Ra to kill the Thundercats to be able to invoke the Ancient Spirits of Evil.

The Ancient Spirits of Evil aren't picky. They'll give their power to anyone who knows how to call upon them, so long as the one calling isn't a paragon of virtue or such. Of course, the Lord Protector can't invoke their full power to become Ever-Living, since he can't say his true name without knocking himself out, but revealing Krona's deepest fears should be well within what he can channel of their power.

To be fair, he tore her in half after she did something that he'd warned her in advance not to do, because Queen Bee is arrogant to the point of stupidity due to the advantages her power gives her. A fair number of other people could do that to her, like Dr. Doom, or Sinestro, but she never encountered someone who both could resist her, and was willing to give her a sharp lesson about when she shouldn't do that.

Renegadeverse Queen Bee also died of being arrogant to the point of stupidity, but in a way that was arguably worse (she was killed by machines, which she should have known that she would not be able to influence).

There's this YJ fic on SB called Judiciary Misadventures that has the author say what the Light is thinking after the Roanoke incident happened.

Luthor is worried and pissed that it happened, as he should be as several chapters later we see that people discovered what happened and his company was seized from him with him either being on the run, dead or imprisoned awaiting execution.
The Brain was still mourning Mallah's death and may be building a base on the moon.
Savage doesn't care.
Ras was drinking wine that ironically could have only been made with modern tech, the fact that he uses a pit that drives people insane and his closest companions are all fanatically loyal and brainwashed cultists has not helped him in the intelligence department.
Bee is doing something similar, lounging in her victory deluding herself that she is in power and that no one will come to take it away from her, all of which her brainwashed thralls agree with.
Spoiler Byalia goes into civil war and collapses.

Really recommend the fic, it is hilarious:D

Thank you, that was a great reread. How do you remember them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back