• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Feh. American English is real English, the English that real people spoke. Britain's "received pronunciation" is the result of 19th century Francophiles butchering their own language, then, because those Otaku happened to be the rich nobility in Britain, passing laws forcing the common people, who up to that point were speaking real English, to speak pidgin Frenchified English instead, a practice that continues to this day.

British "English" is the 19th century version of LOLcat speak, enshrined into their law as their country's official language. :p
Might want to look-up Received Pronunciation, as that suggests that 'RP' comes from 15thC East Midlands of England... UK English tends to have tentacles going all over the place, and is rarely as simple as people think... (I liked the two uses, and origins, of 'tattoo', for example...)

I'm not offended on Vaermina's behalf, I'm simply tired of having to constantly wade through people fighting with them about this or that, or "Look over there! Something that looks vaguely like an attempt at criticism or commentary! Kill Them! *REEEE*" This behaviour is annoying , and if you and your cohorts in this hissy fit want to continue it, please do so in DM's, so it does not bother the percentage of us who actually like to read the thread for opinions and theories.

You'll note that the only one to get such singular hate is Vaermina, and not undeservedly so. I'm not blind to the faults of this story, but if you're wrong, then I'll either enjoy helping you out, or take pleasure in being right, depending on who I'm talking to.

I'd say this pretty much counts as opinions and theories, and thus deserves to be here. And if Vaermina will post his ramblings on this forum, I will reply to him on the same forum. If it really is that much of a problem for you, Vaermina is the on to take it up with first.

And it wasn't my comment you were responding to earlier, it was RichardWhereat 's

Agreed with Awkward here: The only reason why people who don't like Vaermina's post can't just put him on ignore and be done with it is because of the people keep quoting him in order to make a response. Please, take it to PMs!

I feel very confident in saying that while most of them didn't get any they still wanted it.

The whole haha commie no food meme is a little overdone. We have CIA reports from the 60s showing that the average Soviet citizen had access to just as much food as Americans. There definitely was mass starvation under both Stalin and Mao, but once the insane leaders were out of the way that stopped.

The whole haha commie no food meme is a little overdone. We have CIA reports from the 60s showing that the average Soviet citizen had access to just as much food as Americans. There definitely was mass starvation under both Stalin and Mao, but once the insane leaders were out of the way that stopped.

Nobody was arguing they didn't have food, absolute. The joke-based-in-reality was that it was all equally bland.

may be resident in Iron Heights

'may be a resident'

'to humans' maybe.

I lower my left hand, mentally accessing Lantern Nax's file. Ah. Well, I'm working with the entire Sivana family, I can't really complain. That sort of thing is why I wouldn't have minded getting a psion or two on staff. Though I suppose that a dominator's cold disinterest would be better than a psions active malice.

Is something about Nax making him think this?

I know that she joined the Sinestro Corps in the comics, so she may have some unsavory history.

The only good Dominator I can think of from the comics would have to be Depalo, from Red Hood and the Outlaws.

He worked for Kori.

It's always nice to see Paul casually showing off and causing jaws to drop.

I also hope that the idea of making a multi colored Lantern Corps is going to go somewhere. I can just imagine the benefits of specialized healers with blue light, warriors with orange and yellow, and maybe some sort of pact with violet and Indigo so that they would be included. This is of course assuming that Paul kills Sinestro so that Paul can take his ring and bring back for personal use or study.

There is this fic on SB called 'I want to play a game' where the SI helps creates something like that.

I'd argue that, but I've had authentic borscht, so I can't.
There are many recipes for Borscht. The one we make at home tends to be really good. For one, it's hot. For two, it has no celery, bell peppers, since those don't complement beets. Family recipe passed down apparently from my great grandmother - so preety communist. The kind I've seen elsewhere - especially if it's cold - is preety bad. For some reason, that kind seems to be the most popular.

Now what people really hate - including plenty of Russian people - especially if they're not used to it is Okroshka - it's basically ham, potato, radishes, eggs, and onions mixed together Into what makes a good simple salad - but then they add Kvas - which is basically molasses flavored soda - think bubbly non-alcoholic beer. Sometimes it's lightly alcoholic. I hated it as a kid. I like it as an adult. At the very least, it's not flat, so it doesn't take like most nonalcoholic beer. Ironically, it's name also sounds like the phrase "Oh baby" in Russian.

Last edited:
Okroshka - it's basically ham, potato, radishes, eggs, and onions mixed together Into what makes a good simple salad
Sounds good, as long as all the ingredients are cooked - just leave out the radishes, and grab your serving before any Kvas gets added. :)

That fic is exactly why I suggested it. Hypothetically speaking, if it does get created, how would it work in this story Mr Zoat?
Obviously, our OL SI will include runes in the game so that if you pirate a copy "Go Straight To Hell" may be a bit more literal than you'd like. :)

No, 'resident in' is a viable way of wording it.
Thank you, corrected.
Is something about Nax making him think this?

I know that she joined the Sinestro Corps in the comics, so she may have some unsavory history.
All of the abductions and vivisections, probably.
The only good Dominator I can think of from the comics would have to be Depalo, from Red Hood and the Outlaws.

He worked for Kori.
'Good' is more desirable than required.
That fic is exactly why I suggested it. Hypothetically speaking, if it does get created, how would it work in this story Mr Zoat?
In this setting there's no special advantage to using blue for healing. And professional medics are in no way guaranteed to be good with the blue light.

Zoat have Angel Paul and Tangseid created their own Orange Lantern Corps?

Angel Paul has a fully charged ring and a Motherbox so going into space should be easy for him and Tangseid somehow got his hands on the CPB.

We know that paragon, renegade, mandate, common sense have all made their own.

Zoat have Angel Paul and Tangseid created their own Orange Lantern Corps?

Angel Paul has a fully charged ring and a Motherbox so going into space should be easy for him and Tangseid somehow got his hands on the CPB.

We know that paragon, renegade, mandate, common sense have all made their own.
I don't think that the Angel version would, on the grounds that he couldn't locate any Controllers.

Tangseid didn't, because he didn't want to lose control by putting other people in power over him or expanding too quickly.

Last edited:
I don't think that the Angel version would, on the grounds that he couldn't locate any Controllers.

If there are no Controllers in his universe and he was just sent to that universe because there was something wrong during the trip from Earth Prime, like with what happened to some of the others like the 40k one, Fantasy one etc. I can see that happening.

Tangseid didn't, because he didn't want to lose control by putting other people in power over him or expanmding too quickly.

Good news that the bastard doesn't have more power.

It won't show that, though the players will have the option to genocide them themselves or watch their allies do it if they back the appropriate factions.
Will the game have the option of going full evil and funding that Citadelian Lantern Corps?

That bastard doesn't have more power yet.

Really, really hope one of his alternates, like paragon or renegade, manage to stop him.

Renegade already has some experience in killing alternate versions of 'himself', Grayven 50, and maybe paragon will get some experience in that front sometime in the future.

Will the game have the option of going full evil and funding that Citadelian Lantern Corps?
The Citadellians can be prevailed upon to make yellow rings. They struggle with other colours.
Really, really hope one of his alternates, like paragon or renegade, manage to stop him.
Unless they walk in on him mentally dominating someone, they're more likely to ask for advice.

Unless they walk in on him mentally dominating someone, they're more likely to ask for advice.

Paragon can view the minds of the people around him, including Tangseids own.

The renegades powers are also increasing, so it may be possible for him to see the souls of people in great detail sometime in the future.

In this setting there's no special advantage to using blue for healing. And professional medics are in no way guaranteed to be good with the blue light.
Unless they are newly off their residency I would actually suspect professional medics would be really bad with the light of Hope.

Compassion though they probably have in spades.

Unless they are newly off their residency I would actually suspect professional medics would be really bad with the light of Hope.

Compassion though they probably have in spades.
For once I find myself in agreement with you.

Or maybe they can hope to now be free of their work? Also to never have a patient die on them again. That's a nice bonus too.

On second thought, no, actually. Medics would probably be great with Hope.

Oh, and for once, I'm not being sarcastic.

Feh. American English is real English, the English that real people spoke. Britain's "received pronunciation" is the result of 19th century Francophiles butchering their own language, then, because those Otaku happened to be the rich nobility in Britain, passing laws forcing the common people, who up to that point were speaking real English, to speak pidgin Frenchified English instead, a practice that continues to this day.

British "English" is the 19th century version of LOLcat speak, enshrined into their law as their country's official language. :p

Non-Sense! Every one knows that Cockney is the only REAL English!

Last edited:
On second thought, no, actually. Medics would probably be great with Hope.

If they've seen lots of people die then they may not be all that hopeful, at least at first.

Later on that may change.

Like Vaermina said, those starting out in their profession may find it easier to muster up their hope, unlike their more older colleagues, who may have seen enough that their hope doesn't exactly muster up all that easily, because of all the death and loss they've seen.

I did enjoy the JLU version of Kailbak getting voiced by Michael Dorn. Grab the voice actor for Mongul and actress for Queen Bee in YJ and a few more well knowns and we could have a Gargoyles reunion.....or Star Trek: TNG.

52c07b9d09289f441f715487a9a6e65c.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back