• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

"Shakespeare gave him a play in exchange for making sure that his plays lived on after him. Which explains why people still study them here, though I've got no idea why they do it back on Earth Prime."

He frowns faintly. "I wanted to ask: how come your Earth gets to be Earth Prime?"
It amuses me greatly that Paul still thinks his Earth is Earth Prime.

Yeah, best to leave that alone. That just opens up a whole can of headaches... Personally, though, I bet it has to do with relative vibrational frequencies, that's always a thing in DC...

My bet is on 'something something molecular something', because ... molecules...

Hey, one-in-a-million chances tend to come off more often than not for superheroes, Wally. It'll be fine.

Give this man a Blue Ring for showing such Hope.

That can be applied to nearly anything involving the Endless...

As well as to anything related to Constantine.

Well, that's quirky. Seems a little... Childish... Are we going to find Sandy running around in a Sandman costume battling 'nightmares'? Also, props for remembering Heroquest exists.

The Dreaming can be a fairly childish place sometimes.

It amuses me greatly that you think you know stuff.

Apparently Lex Luthor, who tends to be one of the most brilliant scientific minds in the universe, also thinks of Paul's Earth as Earth Prime.

He frowns faintly. "I wanted to ask: how come your Earth gets to be Earth Prime?"

"You'd have to ask President Lex Luthor on Earth negative fourteen. And… If you do, it's probably best not to mention me."

He begins preparing the next mixture.

"You didn't get anything on 'why'?"

"I only saw his early notes, but to him my home Earth looked like it didn't quite fit in with the system the others established. It looks like he referred to it as 'prime' in a couple of places because he thought that it might be the 'original' parallel from which others divided, but he didn't really do any work on it."

A Demigoddess and a Lord of Order are powerful narratives and should be fine in the Dreaming.

But Paul is basically a disciple of Desire, literally anything can happen to him in there.

Dream seems to be okay with him, but some of his subjects may attack him, not knowing that he's working for Dream, but interested in getting Dreams favor by defeating what they see as a servant of Desire, who Dream dislikes.

It amuses me greatly that you think you know stuff.

Apparently Lex Luthor, who tends to be one of the most brilliant scientific minds in the universe, also thinks of Paul's Earth as Earth Prime.
Actually Lex Luthor doesn't, Lex Luthor thinks Earth Prime is Earth Prime.

It's Paul who said he was probably from there.

However we know what the real Earth Prime is because of Stargirl, and it even has the "can't travel there" barrier that that Earth Prime gained after the Crisis.

Actually Lex Luthor doesn't, Lex Luthor thinks Earth Prime is Earth Prime.

That's what I said.

also thinks of Paul's Earth as Earth Prime.

It's Paul who said he was probably from there.

Yes and because Luthor thinks Paul's Earth is Earth Prime, then that means he comes from Earth Prime.

However we know what the real Earth Prime is because of Stargirl, and it even has the "can't travel there" barrier that that Earth Prime gained after the Crisis.

Lex apparently couldn't open a portal to there.

He stopped focusing on it when he couldn't open a portal to it.

Before you say that because the ring was able to get Paul is proof that it isn't Earth Prime, remember that Maltusian tech tends to be godlike in nature and capable of doing things that seem impossible.

And if you're apparently talking about what happened in the Arrowverse, then Zoat can just ignore that if he doesn't like it.

Fanfics tend to be written in part because people don't like what happened in canon.

Earth Prime in the comics was also apparently where the readers of DC comics come from, and Paul comes from such a place.

Last edited:
1 isn't a prime number because otherwise you can't have the theorem saying that any integer can be written by decomposing it into a unique product of prime numbers :
15 = 5 * 3
48 = 3 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 2

If 1 was a prime number, you could infinitely multiply by another 1 :
4 = 2 * 2 = 2 * 2 * 1 = 2 * 2 * 1 * ... * 1

So to avoid overcomplicating this theorem in order to take 1 as an exception, it's easier to just say 1 isn't a prime number.

1 isn't a prime number because otherwise you can't have the theorem saying that any integer can be written by decomposing it into a unique product of prime numbers :
15 = 5 * 3
48 = 3 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 2

If 1 was a prime number, you could infinitely multiply by another 1 :
4 = 2 * 2 = 2 * 2 * 1 = 2 * 2 * 1 * ... * 1

So to avoid overcomplicating this theorem in order to take 1 as an exception, it's easier to just say 1 isn't a prime number.
It fits the definition of prime number, but doesn't fit the pattern of the other prime numbers, so it isn't a prime number.

Then shouldn't we exclude 2, for being the only even prime number?

He didn't label it. And anyway, Prime can mean a number of things. The Prime could even end up being like the Prime symbol in mathematics, used to denote a derivative. All we really know about labeling different universal branes is that apparently in DC there is a standard notation that can be, and has been, independently derived by sufficiently intelligent people that is consistent across different universes and species, which makes it likely that the number is somehow intrinsic to the universes themselves.

It fits the definition of prime number, but doesn't fit the pattern of the other prime numbers, so it isn't a prime number.

Then shouldn't we exclude 2, for being the only even prime number?
It isn't about fitting a pattern, it's choosing the definition that make for the simpler construction of the various theorems. As I explained, defining 1 as a prime number could work, but would make other things harder to describe.
Let's say we change the definition so 2 isn't a prime number either. At the first glance it should work too, but then the theorems would need an extra exception stating that they work with prime numbers and 2.

Mathematics are already hard enough to understand (especially very advanced ones), no need to add extra layers of unneeded complexity.

Who is willing to bet the area they end up in will look like Labyrinth from Worm has been sitting there for hours on a bad day?

Who is willing to bet the area they end up in will look like Labyrinth from Worm has been sitting there for hours on a bad day?

I was thinking something more like this:

Considering that OL may be a fan of Patrick Stewart, I really hope he shows up as a spirit guide.

He can act as a Dream Ghost.

Last edited:
Did OL's sigils interfere with Fates Anhk door? Because he seems pretty orderly to me. Hierarchy of needs, the way he went about killing Lich fate, starting the Orange Lanterns...

Yes sir, it seems he's pretty orderly to me.

Did OL's sigils interfere with Fates Anhk door? Because he seems pretty orderly to me. Hierarchy of needs, the way he went about killing Lich fate, starting the Orange Lanterns...

Yes sir, it seems he's pretty orderly to me.
If you note, Paul never took off his spell eater.

Who Is Fate, and does he have something to do with John Constantine? Its been a while since if read this story and I don't remember if it was ever stated?

Who Is Fate, and does he have something to do with John Constantine? Its been a while since if read this story and I don't remember if it was ever stated?
After the whole 'Get Nabu off Zatara' situation, John Constantine held both Klarion's Lord of Chaos status, and the Helmet of Nabu. This Fate is a man named John Quinn, who Constantine gave the helmet to, apparently because he couldn't handle both Order and Chaos. Constantine's current whereabouts are still unknown.
The wrinkle is that many of us readers believe John Quinn is a Hellblazer character known as 'The Golden Boy', an alternate version of Constantine (or his twin brother, who died in the womb in this universe) who usually got placed as an antagonist for Constantine. Something about a luck-transferring curse tied to both of them which was to blame for Constantine's plans going poorly for everyone but him.
Why do we think this? Quinn is Constantine's mother's maiden name.

He did still pass through a magical portal, so the spell eater may have interfered with the transition, at least a bit.
...Maybe? I don't think so. The spell eater acts on magic that affects OL, otherwise any magic in his vicinity would be weakened to some degree, and people would have noticed. Ambient magic like that of the voodoo restaurant would have been noticeably affected.

Last edited:
...Maybe? I don't think so. The spell eater acts on magic that affects OL, otherwise any magic in his vicinity would be weakened to some degree, and people would have noticed. Ambient magic like that of the voodoo restraint would have been noticeably affected.

The magic was technically affecting him, as he was passing through the thing.

After he got his spell eater the defences in Atlantis thought he was a hostile because they couldn't affect him with their spells.

This could be something similar, as the functions of the portal may not fully work when OL is traveling through them.

The portal also seemed to weirdly collapse in a way that I'm not sure was done by John.

He hasn't passed through one of those Order Portals before, so we may not know if it's just his disorderly nature, or any of his equipment at work, or maybe both.

The magic was technically affecting him, as he was passing through the thing.

After he got his spell eater the defences in Atlantis thought he was a hostile because they couldn't affect him with their spells.

This could be something similar, as the functions of the portal may not fully work when OL is traveling through them.

The portal also seemed to weirdly collapse in a way that I'm not sure was done by John.

He hasn't passed through one of those Order Portals before, so we may not know if it's just his disorderly nature, or any of his equipment at work, or maybe both.
No. Think of it in terms of Magic Resistance from Fate. Spells that act on the environment to produce an effect don't count, but those that affect the person do. In this case the spell is 'open gate' and maybe 'maintain gate'. OL isn't affected by the spell directly.

No. Think of it in terms of Magic Resistance from Fate. Spells that act on the environment to produce an effect don't count, but those that affect the person do. In this case the spell is 'open gate' and maybe 'maintain gate'. OL isn't affected by the spell directly.

Unless another spell is 'protect traveler', which the portal automatically and directly puts on people when they enter it.

It would make sense for the thing to have such a safety measure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back