• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

'Fast enough'
'than'
'no fundemental'
Add 'that'
Thank you, corrected.
Nope.
No, it's correct as is.
What's the name of the next episode?
Faed Away.
Warhammer canon.

Vampire Lord - Level 3, 2 spells
Vampire Count - Level 2, 1 spell

This is why before the current vampire craze Undead armies were generally led by Necromancer Lords. Even after Warhammer Armies: Vampire Counts came out, you still needed a Necrarch Lord with some very expensive bloodline powers to get a level 4 with 4 spells.

Thank you, corrected.

Nope.

No, it's correct as is.

Faed Away.

Warhammer canon.

Vampire Lord - Level 3, 2 spells
Vampire Count - Level 2, 1 spell

This is why before the current vampire craze Undead armies were generally led by Necromancer Lords. Even after Warhammer Armies: Vampire Counts came out, you still needed a Necrarch Lord with some very expensive bloodline powers to get a level 4 with 4 spells.
Yeah. The reverse gets believed because in WH Total War 2 vampires are some of the best casters in the game. Wind of Death is well and above the best spell and only avalible to them. They play well into the late game with stacks of literally free skeletons and their FU spells doing all the killing.

Yeah. The reverse gets believed because in WH Total War 2 vampires are some of the best casters in the game. Wind of Death is well and above the best spell and only avalible to them. They play well into the late game with stacks of literally free skeletons and their FU spells doing all the killing.
Yeah. You know, back in the day, vampires couldn't even use shyish? Shyish use requires accepting your own death and vampires -being undead- couldn't perform the necessary mental leaps. They got Dark Magic and Necromancy instead.

Mr Zoat what made you decide to give this Paul so much knowledge about the setting this time? And which knowledge has been deleted from his mind? Till now it seems he doesn't know about Mallobaude's canon future specifically, but otherwise?

"We are pawns to the gods. That is what she showed me. All our virtue, all our martial pride, and all that she values in us is our ability to serve her."
I can think of no other response to this other than "Yes, and?'"

The vampire affects a puzzled expression. "Do you not want to serve her?"

"I expected to serve an end!" His anger pulling him out of his funk slightly, he pushes himself to his feet. "To create something! A kingdom purged of the taint of chaos! Some recognition for my sacrifices and achievements! Instead-." He shakes his head, his passion evaporating. "Instead, the Lady told me directly that she regards us as pawns, that our struggles are merely to get us to a point where she considers us worth investing in." His head falls. "To hear valorous knights demeaned in such a fashion by the one they.. serve…"
If the knight cannot see the end in that then he truly is lost.

Mallobaude shakes his head. "No, it was exactly as the legends described. As my father described. The Lady, the cup… And not merely that, she told me that there is no fundamental difference herself and the Dark Gods, merely a divergence in opinion! That we knights are as deluded as the madmen who sell their souls to Chaos!"
Well, I wouldn't say it's only a difference of opinion. Some gods involve a little more torture and suffering than others.
Oh, is he realising all magic is chaos?

I have a request. The main story spawned a number of side-story based on alternates version of the main character, but those side-stories are not easily reachable: to read them from start to end one needs to go all over the rest of the chapters, and there always is the possibility to miss one. Would it be possible to either put those in 'sidestory' labelled threadmarks or repost them entirely in a dedicated thread, a bit like the 'Story Only' one?

Thankyou in advance!

Q: Did the SI also forget the particular lore for the version of Warhammer he's in?

I have a request. The main story spawned a number of side-story based on alternates version of the main character, but those side-stories are not easily reachable: to read them from start to end one needs to go all over the rest of the chapters, and there always is the possibility to miss one. Would it be possible to either put those in 'sidestory' labelled threadmarks or repost them entirely in a dedicated thread, a bit like the 'Story Only' one?

Thankyou in advance!
Certainly. Hop to it.
Q: Did the SI also forget the particular lore for the version of Warhammer he's in?
Probably.

Really liking the Warhammer arc, I hope we get to see it through soon.

I just relistened to the story up to rampage. Is there another audio from rampage to current?

Um. I only played WH in the post AoS phase (Least till they decided to fucking squat my army.) But I had dabbled with Brettonians previously and am curious where do you get the lore that the Lady of the Lake was apparently a lie? Or is this just chaos up to their usual tricks.

In the End Times plot before they killed the game for AoS, it was shown that the Lady, was a guise for the Elven Goddess Lileath, and the whole grail thing was mostly her form of control over the region, using the Knights as a force to hold back chaos while she built up power to try and save what elves she could from the cycle of destruction, using the souls of dead Grail Knights as sort of Proto Sigmaraites (bound spirits to defend her true children, the elves) to flee to another world. Doesn't work out the way she wanted to.

Of course in canon, near the finish line the Bretonnians have been informed of some of this, a huge chunk of the nobility is now vampires, Half the common folk are dead of plague (thanks nurgle) and then the Green Knight shows up, kicks ass, takes names, and shows that's he's actually the immortal first king of the Bretonnians, and takes back the crown to launch a new quest against all the bad shit going down.

Then the planet explodes. GG

im hoping mallobaude makes the right choice? but this is warhammer. im not gonna get my hopes up.

In the End Times plot before they killed the game for AoS, it was shown that the Lady, was a guise for the Elven Goddess Lileath, and the whole grail thing was mostly her form of control over the region, using the Knights as a force to hold back chaos while she built up power to try and save what elves she could from the cycle of destruction, using the souls of dead Grail Knights as sort of Proto Sigmaraites (bound spirits to defend her true children, the elves) to flee to another world. Doesn't work out the way she wanted to.

Of course in canon, near the finish line the Bretonnians have been informed of some of this, a huge chunk of the nobility is now vampires, Half the common folk are dead of plague (thanks nurgle) and then the Green Knight shows up, kicks ass, takes names, and shows that's he's actually the immortal first king of the Bretonnians, and takes back the crown to launch a new quest against all the bad shit going down.

Then the planet explodes. GG
all true. except i always saw the green knight as lileath's bitch. if the planet didnt explode, and the green knight somehow succeeded it would've been back to good old oppressive fuedalism.

Considering Warhammer Paul's plan will be to starve the Gods of Chaos out of existence, as those gluttonous horrors and their daemonic hordes feed upon the drives and passions of mortalkind, how exactly does he plan to cut their supply off fully?

Instituting mandatory meditation practices, and commissioning talismans/amulets from the Asur that captures and purifies the power produced by such emotions before returning it to energy-system of the owner possessing such a object, maintaining the overall physical, mental and spiritual health of the individual?

Needs a Gold power ring if you're gonna go for Imperial Truth mandate like the Big E.

From my understanding it's more likely to just make them pointless. Why Sell your Soul to the chaos gods if your standard of living is far better following the orange goof ball, with his introduction of indoor plumbing, 9 to 5 work week with paid holidays and you know, NOT fighting a horrible battle to the death with any semi pointy object you might have on hand every day of your life.

Chaos lives for CHAOS, the emotions that feed them are one thing, but their impact on the world, aside from directly sending demons, is offering power to mortals in a bid to cause conflict, that in turns creates more of those emotions, and more mortals pushed to the fringes that are willing to cut deals. While they have direct power in the chaos wastes because of the broken warp gates that let them into this world, they don't have the power to manifest outside of those areas without someone letting them in.

Raise standard of living via Uplift, lock down external influx of tainted warpcraft (go ask some slann about that), and set up a defensive force that none can rival. Chaos starts looking pretty silly when you've got safety 3 squared meals, leisure time and a scientific understanding of what all those screaming voices want.

I mean, the 40k Eldar STILL fucked it up even after they got that, which is where Slannesh came in with the whole 'Prince of Excess' side, but they aren't going in blind with that this time, and WHFB isn't quite the power level for creating a full fledged Chaos GOD without noticing it.

Well.....maybe Nuffle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back