• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Yesterday… Not a lot happened. I had to have a chat with Lenny about him skipping his therapy sessions and he accused me of giving him mixed messages by inviting him to a supervillain team up and then blue-balling him, but I'm… Reasonably confident that he was joking. Jan Gisler's retirement party is in a few weeks and as an important client I've been invited to that
I recognise Captain Cold, but Miss Gisler? A Personal Assistant or what?
That was the banker from three days ago.
My eyes widen and Barbara's left licking a hole the bed sheet...
My eyes widen and Barbara's left licking a hole in the bed sheet...
Thank you, corrected.

So, just to make sure, Earth 12 is the earth that Rene!grayven went to while he was supposed to be in prison for killing Klarion,
As mentioned, that's Earth 50, which is a variant of Earth 12 (Earth 12, Justice League, Earth 50, Justice Lords.)

No, he got pulled into Earth 50, the Justice Lords Earth. It seems like Grayven or another version of the SI contacted this version (Earth 12 aka DCAU) of Batman and offered assistance with repelling the Thanagarian invasion that occurred on this Earth.
No, Paul-12 did, using the last of his available ring charge.

Now though I hope Peter tries to contact an alternate dimension and goes for a recharge/lantern or something like that.
Why would he even want it? Other than Wholeness Rightly Assumed, Orange rings are pretty high-maintenance. Paul and Grayven had to spend hours in meditation every day to prevent the ring from slowly corrupting their values; that only ended with Grayven's Awakening and Paul's Orange Enlightenment, both of which are tricks that Peter is likely not going to gain access to.

No, he got pulled into Earth 50, the Justice Lords Earth. It seems like Grayven or another version of the SI contacted this version (Earth 12 aka DCAU) of Batman and offered assistance with repelling the Thanagarian invasion that occurred on this Earth.
Keep reading:
"Yes, and Mister Pennyworth politely pretended that he had no idea who you were as I got steadily more frantic, and that's why virtually all of the ring charge I was keeping for emergencies is now gone. I was sitting at the bottom of the Mediterranean Sea for hours waiting for someone to contact me, so with the Justice League expanding you might want to work on your coordination a little."
It was Peter, burning through the dregs of his ring charge to offer an airstrike to the League, who of course didn't have an emergency contact line because why would anyone ever want a fast, reliable way to get in contact with a bunch of superheroes?

I sigh. "Batman, is there any chance of you leaving?"

"I still need-."

I walk up to Barbara, wrap my arms around her shoulders and curl my hands upwards so that I can stroke her head around her ears. She relaxes slightly as I lean closer, gently kissing her muzzle.

"You're the group I love being in most of all."
"I ask, Batman, because my relationship is far more important to me than someone who breaks and enters my home in the dark of the night to interrogate me about my universal-alternates. So either stand there waiting for me to finish making out with my girlfriend or call me tomorrow and set up an appointment like a normal human being."

Ok, so if Batman-12 recently had encounters with 2 separate Dop-paul-gangers, and one of them was Paul!ragon, then I assume that the other one he met was B!aul while on Earth -14, probably during his original fight with the Syndicate, because he wasn't with the Vanguard when they went back to Earth -14, and I assume after JU-Luthor negotiated a peace agreement with the Syndicate, there was no reason for JL12 to bring him over or stick around. Though I assume Batman-12's interactions with Paul!ragon are basically just watching the video footage of him take apart the JL12, rather than any actual interactions.

Why would he even want it? Other than Wholeness Rightly Assumed, Orange rings are pretty high-maintenance. Paul and Grayven had to spend hours in meditation every day to prevent the ring from slowly corrupting their values; that only ended with Grayven's Awakening and Paul's Orange Enlightenment, both of which are tricks that Peter is likely not going to gain access to.
I wouldn't say the corruption ended with those things either.

In Grayven's case it just slowed, and in Paul's case it just moved completely to fully corrupted and no longer capable of thinking like a human.

Honestly it's kind of a shame that we're not going to get to see an interlude of Peters Justice League where they review the 'fight' of OL taking them all down rather easily. Maybe some wildly inaccurate speculation about his own league, how strong they are and how skewed their morality might be.
I thinks its good that this is skipped, having scenes just for the purpose of having people discuss how awesome your SI is, isn't really something that belongs in a good story.

Last edited:

In Grayven's case it just slowed, and in Paul's case it just moved completely to fully corrupted and no longer capable of thinking like a human.
I don't think that is a downside. Humans have a lot of inherent biases they just don't realize. Paragon Paul with his awareness of his wants knows about them.

I don't think that is a downside. Humans have a lot of inherent biases they just don't realize. Paragon Paul with his awareness of his wants knows about them.
I agree wholeheartedly; put simply, I am not a fan of how baseline humans think. Paul might be "insane" by human standards, but I'd call it a significant improvement.

I mean... From the way he described the ring he, unlike Paul, realizes exactly how dangerous to it's user the thing is.

And he has a Cosmic Rod, which is almost as good as a Power Ring with none of the down sides.

If you only use a power ring like a military man, like 98% of GLs do? Sure.

But if you are a creative then is a serious downgrade.

Also the version he has is probably more limited than even the thing Star Girl in Justice League Action uses.

Poor Paul-12. Now the League will write off Schizo as a ticking time bomb.

Also... Paul offered to nuke some aliens. Huh. I wonder if the unconscious, niggling doubt that these comic book characters aren't real people is a contributor to at least one Paul committing large-scale executions.

Also... Paul offered to nuke some aliens. Huh. I wonder if the unconscious, niggling doubt that these comic book characters aren't real people is a contributor to at least one Paul committing large-scale executions.
You do realize that the location he was offering to nuke was the construction site of a device intended to destroy the planet, right?

They were building a world ending device on his world.

I'd have nuked them with or without the JL's blessing.

Said aliens were literally going to blow up Earth to use as part of their teleport chain to destroy their enemies.

When you know, Earth is the only planet in that Galaxy that has life.

Yeah Mars used to have life but MM moved to Earth and the imprisoned aliens wee liked so in Earth 12 is as lifeless as our version of Mars.

I mean they had years to change things and use Mercury or Mars instead but no... kill billions of sentients just to win their stupid war!

Paul 12 wins.

I mean sure his ring is largely a very dangerous paperweight but sparky catgirlfriend, a personal legion of doom, and the stones to use making out with said catgrlfriend in order to end a convo with batman more than make up for it.

Really? I mean, I first I agreed...but think about all the aliens Paul helped.

All the slaves freed, the Tamaranians, that society that cut out their women's eyes.

Then there is the Orange Lantern Corps and the Reach.

Imo, Paul has done far more good than Peter.

To me, this episode is kind of bittersweet.

Here, Paul is happy, he has someone he loves, he has a life. But at the same time, he has a source of incredible power, incredible potential sitting in a safe, dwindling down into nothing.

What makes it even worse, is he's not wrong about the dangers it poses. It's a double-edged sword, but what a sword... what a sword.

Except Paul has mastered those dangers and taught thousands of others how to do so as well.

So she's like partly human but is she genetically human enough to reproduce with Peter? Cause I kinda want to see domestic life Peter.
On earth 12 humans can even reproduce with Thangarians, i doubt a woman with some cat is going to be a problem.

Less 'not capable of thinking like a human,' more 'no-longer thinks quite like a neurotypical human.' Non-neurotypical humans still have human brains, and there are some who probably think in a manner close enough to ParaPaul to count.

Imo, Paul has done far more good than Peter.
Short term maybe, but long term Peter is going to usher in a golden age for the entire universe.

While we know due to the Legion that long term Paul doesn't make much of a difference.

Except Paul has mastered those dangers and taught thousands of others how to do so as well.
Except he didn't master those dangers because he's been sliding closer and closer to Larfleeze territory.

I personally enjoyed seeing peter business his way to uplift vs ol's ring based approach.

I mean it was only 4 chapters but it was a breath of fresh air.

...and admittedly it might get old after several hundred chapters but I was glad to have seen it.

Short term maybe, but long term Peter is going to usher in a golden age for the entire universe.

While we know due to the Legion that long term Paul doesn't make much of a difference.
We've had, IIRC, four different time travelers in Paul's version of the universe, and every one of them has foretold a very different future. Presumably Paul is some sort of out-of-context problem for whatever simulation engine that is generating these futures, because so far none of them seem to line up with what we're seeing in the "present".

I wonder... has Peter recruited Toyman? I recall him being instrumental in distracting, and later taking out, Killer Frost during Grod's final coup.
We've had, IIRC, four different time travelers in Paul's version of the universe, and every one of them has foretold a very different future. Presumably Paul is some sort of out-of-context problem for whatever simulation engine that is generating these futures, because so far none of them seem to line up with what we're seeing in the "present".
That, or the Anti-Monitor is going to kill Paul.

We don't know that Peter will be successful; he doesn't even have a practical source for immortality lined up.

And I'd say we don't know that Paul will fail. Yes, various time travellers have indicated that they don't know him, but DC time travel is really weird, and that was before Savage broke the entire space-time continuum like Superman making scrambled eggs.

Except he didn't master those dangers because he's been sliding closer and closer to Larfleeze territory.
Howso? His new mentality seems stable and consistent to me.

So the JL 12 returning will find a super rich Paul business magnate?

But...wouldn't that Paul have already uplifted their universe quite a bit by then? Wy didn't have Superman radiation protection for instance?
Ask me again in three days.

I'm asking this again because it's been three days.

Looks like episode 86 is called Realigned. Hmm. Hey Zoat, are you doing anything special for episode 100?

I'm asking this again because it's been three days.

Looks like episode 86 is called Realigned. Hmm. Hey Zoat, are you doing anything special for episode 100?
Because he's not Justice League. He's not gonna make a custom order for Superman, and he hasn't gotten around to making Cosmic rods for people working in radiation yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back