• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

To confirm his fears by showing him that yes you are singling him out? :p
He isn't, though? GA is worried that OL is specifically targeting him in a "cull the weak" or "easy targets first" sort of way, whereas the truth is that GA just happened to be "lucky" enough to run into an attack first. OL isn't even running the show at this point.

Ah. He's removing the arrowheads and using the delay fuses to turn them into mines, clever. Probably got that idea from Red Arrow. The hostages… Are bad actors, and a couple of them are really hamming it up, and one has realised that the people holding them are robots and is trying to talk to the person controlling them about an operating license. That can be part of my follow up. And… I should mention it to Sivana Senior. I don't think that he'll be… Excited or anything, but his tacit acknowledgement that things have changed might let me encourage Thaddeus Junior and Georgia over to the neutral side after the sheeda are dealt with.

I know the last time I posted I used the "Nazi Rocket Scientists" comparison. But, to be fair, there were many "German Rocket Scientists" who were given no choice but to work with the Nazi ran government. Not a "one-to-one" correlation, but darn it, I am really hoping Thaddeus and Georgia go down the strait and neutral path.

Also, I was sadly right. While most were more "German Scientist" than "Nazi Scientist", the US Army Chemical Corp did "recruit" a couple.......... I never trust a Nazi who worked at Nuremberg, who preformed "Euthanasia". Source

Oh, von Brums brother tried to sell a brick of Plutonium, to a jeweler (entry 6). The famous Wernher von Braun beat the crap out of his brother for it (because of course the government is going to cover it up, must protect thier star player). Though, Wernher von Braun himself did lead more towards being a "Former German" than "Former Nazi".

You know, we make jokes about Supervillians being stupid; and if this was a comic, no one would believe it. But really, maybe Supervillians are more realistic than we give them credit for.

Bended (part 9)
2nd March
10:42 GMT -5

Nooo sweat.

Okay, he was sweating a little. Sneaking around a building filled with creepy-looking robots was bad enough. Creepy-looking robots that probably got built by the Sivana family were even worse, because he's read Marvel's after-action reports and there was absolutely no way in hell the sort of things those lunatics could put together would get knocked out by gas arrows. Which meant that even if they were playing along for now, he was still surrounded by two dozen possum-playing robots built by mad scientists and all he could really hope was that they weren't built by the serial-killing mad scientist.

Would..?

Yeah, but only if he really had to. He wouldn't call Pa Sivana for a training exercise.

Right?

Yeah.

"Uugh."

He looks around as the first of the thugdroids he dragged out for the cops begins to come around. He'd put the unconscious employees in the recovery position back in their offices, and got some of the others to help him bring their 'attackers' out front. Signed a couple of autographs, chatted with a few fans…

Police were kinda taking their time, but then, he wasn't really sure what the police were supposed to do with them. If the robots were standing in for regular guys they'd need to book them, but-.

He tapped his bracer.

"Hey, what am I supposed to do with these guys? I don't really wanna waste police time with this."

"Once the automata are in police custody, they may be marked for extraction from the scenario."

"Or..?"

"You may choose not to mark them for extraction."

Why would-?

"I can interrogate them?"

"That is a possible action."

"Interrogate a ro-?"

No. This whole thing was dreamed up by a guy who stopped Dinah destroying Dukeston and got a law passed making robots 'people'-.

"Wait, how smart are these things?"

"The automata are subsapient, but may be programmed to reveal information in particular circumstances."

Oooor we could just telepathically-.

He looked at the robot. Who was a robot.

Wait, was that intentional?

"How does that work with telepaths?"

"Information will be revealed after an interval depending on the automaton's modelled resistance."

He smirks. "And how about if Rocket Red takes a look? You know his armour lets him read any database."

"Metagaming is strictly prohibited."

"Yeah, but he could read their phones or whatever."

"Metagaming is-."

"Yeah yeah, I get it."

Man, he didn't remember it being this hot in March before. He wasn't going to take off his armor or anything, but he was definitely gunna need a shower when this was over. Anyway, if these 'automata' can be interrogated…

He knelt down in front of the closest.

"Hey kid."

The automaton visibly slumps. "Fuuuck, we got beaten up by the second lamest superhero ever."

"Second, huh. So who's first?"

"Red Bee. Using a bow rather than a gun is stupid, but at least it's not a fucking trained bee."

The robot's face isn't particularly expressive, but it looks like whoever put it together decided it needed to be able to sweat. He guessed that having a few… What, tubes filled with water? Wasn't that hard.

"So what was the point of all that, anyway?"

"Fuck you Five Oh. Not sayin' anything."

"Huh. Okay."

He stood up, picked an automaton at random and picked them up. Then he carried their weakly-struggling form around a corner, put them down and gagged them. Then he crouched down in front of… Huh, this one was female-shaped. What was that word-? Gynoid, but that was only if they were intelligent.

"Just hold still a minute, will yah? I need to convince your friends that you're spilling all your secrets 'round here."

The automaton struggled against its bonds, but with human-force, not mad-science-powered-death-robot force, and they were designed to cope with that. Then it-

"Mngrmngrrhhhh!"

-tried to shout through the gag. He stuck his head back around the corner to make sure the others weren't trying anything. Nope. He waves cheerily to any who looked his way and then ducked back.

"Okay, keep up the good work. But seriously, between you and me-."

The automaton collapsed. Was that supposed to happen? Did it.. run out of battery power or something? If it was the Sivana kids, would they bring their A-game for the Justice League, or.. was it a pride thing so they definitely would? No, no, Paul might not drop some sort of super demon on him but he definitely would a thug with a heart attack!

Shit, ah…

Two fingers to the part of the neck where whatever mechanism the automaton used to replicate a carotid artery was, and he takes a half-second to be glad that in this case the person he's doing this for can't die. Despite what Paul told him about 'magical head trauma', seriously injuring the people you were fighting against actually was a serious problem, especially if you were shooting them with arrows. He hadn't ever had to deal with an actual heart attack, but he'd been trained by an EMT so he could actually handle things like this.

Pulse… Okay, not a heart attack. Elevated but regular. Breathing, so fast it's on the border of hyperventilating. Temperature, elevated. There's a whole bunch of things it could be, and calling an ambulance-.

His legs gave out, and he collapsed on top of her.

Poison? A disease weapon? This was a Paul job, so he wasn't actually going to die, but…

Sweating. They were all sweating, and he was feeling hot. In March. A supervillain wouldn't trust someone else's gang with anything vital, but-.

Ugh.

But he might dose them with something. Hadn't happened in Star City before, but Flash and…

His vision wavered.

And Bats…

He just had to hope Paul would tell them the symptoms.

Last edited:
Nooo sweat.

Okay, he was sweating a little. Sneaking around a building filled with creepy-looking robots was bad enough. Creepy-looking robots that probably got built by the Sivana family were even worse, because he's read Marvel's after-action reports and there was absolutely no way in hell the sort of things those lunatics could put together would get knocked out by gas arrows. Which meant that even if they were playing along for now, he was still surrounded by two dozen possum-playing robots built by mad scientists and all he could really hope was that they weren't build by the serial-killing mad scientist.
Ah, that moment of panic as he suspects the worst.

Would..?

Yeah, but only if he really had to. He wouldn't call Pa Sivana for a training exercise.

Right?

Yeah.
Eh, Thaddeus Senior is busy with Sheeda stuff anyway. I'm sure that would be in OL's reports...

"Uugh."

He looks around as the first of the thugdroids he dragged out for the cops begins to come around. He'd put the unconscious employees in the recovery position back in their offices, and got some of the others to help him bring their 'attackers' out front. Signed a couple of autographs, chatted with a few fans…

Police were kinda taking their time, but then, he wasn't really sure what the police were supposed to do with them. If the robots were standing in for regular guys they'd need to book them, but-.
Heh, one of the joys of electronic stand-ins. And nice to see Ollie being more personable than Batman would.

He tapped his bracer.

"Hey, what am I supposed to do with these guys? I don't really wanna waste police time with this."

"Once the automata are in police custody, they may be marked for extraction from the scenario."
In other words, their boss would break them out rather than let them be interrogated. Unlikely.

"Or..?"

"You may choose not to mark them for extraction."

Why would-?

"I can interrogate them?"
Heh, we already know they won't know anything important...

"That is a possible action."

"Interrogate a ro-?"

No. This whole thing was dreamed up by a guy who stopped Dinah destroying Dukeston and got a law passed making robots 'people'-.
Some of those 'robots' are buddies or yours, Ollies...

"Wait, how smart are these things?"

"The automata are subsapient, but may be programmed to reveal information in particular circumstances."

Oooor we could just telepathically-.
Not complex enough to mind-read directly. But that's accounted for, of course.

He looked at the robot. Who was a robot.

Wait, was that intentional?

"How does that work with telepaths?"

"Information will be revealed after an interval depending on the automaton's modelled resistance."
Good to know they'll play fair, though. So if J'onn came in to sift through their 'minds' they'd inform him of what he'd find?

He smirks. "And how about if Red Rocket takes a look? You know his armour lets him read any database."

"Metagaming is strictly prohibited."
Eh, well, he wouldn't have to read their programming...

"Yeah, but he could read their phones or whatever."

"Metagaming is-."

"Yeah yeah, I get it."
feh. I'm guessing OL would be a 'No Shenanigans' DM.

Man, he didn't remember it being this hot in March before. He wasn't going to take off his armour or anything, but he was definitely gunna need a shower when this was over. Anyway, if this 'automata' can be interrogated…

He knelt down in front of the closest.

"Hey kid."

The automaton visibly slumps. "Fuuuck, we got beaten up by the second lamest superhero ever."
Ha, they even programmed in insults?

"Red Bee. Using a bow rather than a gun is stupid, but at least it's not a fucking trained bee."
...I'll admit, that's kind of stupid, yes. And yes, that is an actual DC character. I think they buffed him into controlling bees, later on.

The robot's face isn't particularly expressive, but it looks like whoever put it together decided it needed to be able to sweat. He guessed that having a few… What, tubes filled with water? Wasn't that hard.

"So what was the point of all that, anyway?"

"Fuck you Five Oh. Not sayin' anything."
Entirely in character. Ollie's going to have to play bad cop.

"Huh. Okay."

He stood up, picked an automaton at random and picked them up. Then he carried their weakly-struggling form around a corner, put them down and gagged them. The he crouched down in front of… Huh, this one was female-shaped. What was that word-? Gynoid, but that was only if they were intelligent.
Representing an equal-opportunity gang? Georgia's idea, I'll bet.
Correction: 'Then he'.

"Just hold still a minute, will yah? I need to convince your friends that you're spilling all your secrets 'round here."

The automaton struggled against its bonds, but with human-force, not mad-science-powered-death-robot force, and they were designed to cope with that. Then it-

"Mngrmngrrhhhh!"

-tried to shout through the gag. He stuck his head back around the corner to make sure the others weren't trying anything. Nope. He waves cheerily to any who looked his way and then ducked back.
And he's already treating them like actual people.

"Okay, keep up the good work. But seriously, between you and me-."

The automaton collapsed. Was that supposed to happen? Did it.. run out of battery power or something? If it was the Sivana kids, would they bring their A-game for the Justice League, or.. was it a pride thing so they definitely would? No, no, Paul might not drop some sort of super demon on him but he definitely would a thug with a heart attack!
Still thinking OL had any part in the details. How naive.

Shit, ah…

Two fingers to the part of the neck where whatever mechanism the automaton used to replicate a carotid artery, and he takes a half-second to be glad that in this case the person he's doing this for can't die. Despite what Paul told him about 'magical head trauma', seriously injuring the people you were fighting against actually was a serious problem, especially if you were shooting them with arrows. He hadn't ever had to deal with an actual heart attack, but he'd been trained by an EMT so he could actually handle things like this.
Good to know he's sensible in that respect.

Pulse… Okay, not a heart attack. Elevated but regular. Breathing, so fast it's on the boarder of hyperventilating. Temperature, elevated. There's a whole bunch of things it could be, and calling an ambulance-.
Would be a bit much for robots, but entirely appropriate for real people, so he should do so.
Correction: 'the border of'.

His legs gave out, and he collapsed on top of her.

Poison? A disease weapon? This was a Paul job, so he wasn't actually going to die, but…

Sweating. They were all sweating, and he was feeling hot. In March. A supervillain wouldn't trust someone else's gang with anything vital, but-.
And that explains the 'poison' OL got from Euanthe. Non-lethal but incapacitating. I think Ollie just got eliminated.

Ugh.

But he might dose them with something. Hadn't happened in Star City before, but Flash and…

His vision wavered.

And Bats…

He just had to hope Paul would tell them the symptoms.
I'm sure he will. It's part of the scenario after all

Heh. Looks like Ollie's out of the game. But then, how could he predict a 'killer virus' situation at a basic robbery?

Y'know just because there are robots involved doesn't remove magic from the equation. I'm sure Red Tornado could chuck holy water at a demon without a problem, so these guys could disperse a magically-created virus. We could see the starfish-nano-patches all over again, but with fewer gloating supervillains! It'd be perfect; Ollie here gets knocked down with a bug, one of the heroes cures him and begins spreading a vaccine, and then we learn that Green Arrow isn't home, leaving someone else to pilot his body!

I look through the hull in the direction of Mr Queen. I know him well enough that I can… Sort of home in on h-.

Really? He's worried that I'm singling him out? I might need to talk to him about that.
When did the SI gain the ability to see emotions through solid objects? I remember one instance of him seeing through a thin door, but this seems like substantially more material to see through. It's a meaningful increase to his abilities.

The range is also kinda nuts. Not just the "seeing someone from space" thing, but also it would be fairly unlikely that a satellite in a probably LEO equatorial orbit was passing over the relevant location at that time. Although these two are more handwaveable.

When did the SI gain the ability to see emotions through solid objects? I remember one instance of him seeing through a thin door, but this seems like substantially more material to see through. It's a meaningful increase to his abilities.

The range is also kinda nuts. Not just the "seeing someone from space" thing, but also it would be fairly unlikely that a satellite in a probably LEO equatorial orbit was passing over the relevant location at that time. Although these two are more handwaveable.
Pretty sure that when he's 'looking through the hull' he's using his empathic vision to pick up GA's emotions

I think Major Bummer would be one of the top ten on that list. Guy's got super strength, but MAN is he so f@#$ing lazy and reluctant to put it to much use.

Yes, and I'm fairly sure he shouldn't be able to do that. If he can do this, he should also be able to see through walls to check if people are in a building when scans don't work.
He did that a couple of episodes ago. The wards block his empathic vision, but he can amp up the power to burn through them.

Are we sure that Paul didn't program these robots?

Let's just hope that was a chemical, not a contagious virus...

Plague Carrier humanoid drones. What a fucked up concept.

Yeah, heroes really should have the gas masks and goggles on before approaching a crime scene. Even if it isn't trapped with bioweapons and stuff, there are a lot of toxic substances common to industrial areas. Fighting in an older building means there might be asbestos so having the place get busted up in the fight means a lungfull of cancer. Hell, going into any fight without a helmet on is stupid. Even a cheap bicycle helmet can keep a random mook from one-shotting you with a pipe.

Yes, and I'm fairly sure he shouldn't be able to do that. If he can do this, he should also be able to see through walls to check if people are in a building when scans don't work.

"Last time I checked. Which was about six hours ago. After the last big breakout Batman had an independent surveillance system added in."

"Yeah, he's still there."

He glances back and sees where I'm looking. "I didn't realise you could see that far. I thought it only worked with your normal vision."

"Arkham's only… Seven miles from here? If it wasn't for all of the stuff in the way, you could see it from here."

"All the people in the way aren't a problem?"

"It blurs the detail, but Doctor Crane has a distinct shape."
I open my eyes, needing to see even the tiniest flicker of emotion within the warehouse. The whole building wavers in my vision for a moment, then snaps back with a tiny orange glow… Tiny orange glows, but those are rats and other minor pests. Only one stands out as a sophont mind. It's hiding… In the main warehouse. Now I don't have to worry about the wards I can easily detect it by ring scan; it's pretending to be some sort of rag doll. The wraith begins flying in its direction with a renewed hunger, but I shake my head.

SKITTER RISES FROM THE GRAVE ONCE MORE! FEAR THE SWARM ARROW-MAN, FEAR IT!

Actually, as far as I know, Red Bee stuck to just having a trained bee.

However, his grandniece became Red Bee 2.

She was a roboticist with her own power armor and robot bees.

Then the Freedom Fighters encountered a rather Zerg like race who infected her brain.

She was more Khepri than Skitter though, with pheromonal mind control with a range of hundreds of miles.

She got cured, and then retired, rather mortified by the mind control, attempted murder, and plans on breeding an exploding warrior cast by raping the Human Bomb.

I wonder if the Earth-12 SI will be conducting similar training exercises for the DCAU Justice League; he has the requisite connections and resources from his company. I can only imagine the scale involved when they become the JLU in the future.

I wonder if the Earth-12 SI will be conducting similar training exercises for the DCAU Justice League; he has the requisite connections and resources from his company. I can only imagine the scale involved when they become the JLU in the future.
He might in the long term but he's a long way from being that integrated at the moment.

Man, he didn't remember it being this hot in March before. He wasn't going to take off his armour or anything, but he was definitely gunna need a shower when this was over. Anyway, if these 'automata' can be interrogated…
It's Green Arrow's POV, so the American spelling should be used here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back