• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

If it is feeding on conflict than the moronic Drow mentality is big part of why everything is as fucked up and desolate as it is. You'd think the awareness of the conflict/suffering=increased rate of drain would make them more peaceful not less. Or you know, spur them into relocating downstream.

Ehh, while what they are doing is very, very stupid it isn't something new.

Real people keep doing stupid things even when there is a shit ton of evidence that proves why doing that is stupid and will just lead to everyone losing in the end.

Maybe they don't know that increased conflict makes the drain faster. Hell this could be the first real large scale conflict they had in their societies history because the King and Queen aren't there anymore and the ship that has kept their society functioning is also gone.

Looks like Melmoth was telling the truth.

The Sheeda and their world are all that exists in their future because they're the only part of their era to appear in comics. That's my theory, anyhow.

Ah yes, invoking the power of The Narrative to bend causality into a pentagonal-dodecahedron, a classic!

Best part is that DC's metaphysics mean that could even be true!

Magnus The Chicken ain't got shit on Dino Boi's endless knowledge.

Ohhhoh, but he will soon.

Assuning there isn't some Eldar fuckery, which there will most likely be.

And Dino Boy even asked if the Emperor was an asshole, while Magnus already knew that he was.

So much for Dino Boys endless knowledge.

So vampire sun: probaly a spell to maintain the sun/the universe and to do that it needs fuel, taking it from everything.

It's like trying to keep a mechanical clock wound up by burning it's gears.

But the casters were smart enough to make living material immune to the effect.

Honestly, at this point? Letting the rest universe collapse and evacuate the Sheeda to another, younger one seems the only option.

If only there was someone who cared about Grayven and had experience with magical dimension crossing mirrors...

Ohhhoh, but he will soon.

Assuning there isn't some Eldar fuckery, which there will most likely be.

And Dino Boy even asked if the Emperor was an asshole, while Magnus already knew that he was.

So much for Dino Boys endless knowledge.

Dino Boi's endless knowledge makes him play a Great Game that would leave even that hack Tzeentch feeling impotent.

Dino Boi knows all, he sees all, and he shall never be beat by the befuddling mind games mere mortals attempt to craft.

You'd think the awareness of the conflict/suffering=increased rate of drain would make them more peaceful not less. Or you know, spur them into relocating downstream.

Grayven, with god-senses, picked up on that.

The Sheeda may have been (and still are, until Gravy starts yelling into some pointed ears) utterly clueless about that little fact.

...well, Melmoth probably knew. And likely considered it a feature and not a bug.

The Sheeda and their world are all that exists in their future because they're the only part of their era to appear in comics. That's my theory, anyhow.

...this whole thing is Ambush Bug trying to off Grayven?

It's been awhile, but unless Zoat said something to the contrary he seemed to know that the Renegade was still an SI and just liked him anyways.

People can dislike a character after a while.

He may dislike the whole pony thing since renegade may try to be less of an asshole, and there are some comic fans who greatly dislike when the asshole character starts acting less like an asshole.

People can dislike a character after a while.

He may dislike the whole pony thing since renegade may try to be less of an asshole, and there are some comic fans who greatly dislike when the asshole character starts acting less like an asshole.

True enough I suppose, not really sure why he's go about it like this though.

But that comment about the people who get angry over assholes changing reminds me of a video a saw once about someone being angry over the way modern Batman comics are going, with Gotham steadily improving and the Bat Family growing.

I sort of joked about it with a friend, but the person made a 40(?) minute video about why Batman achieving his life's goal was a bad thing, repeating the same 3 or 4 points for almost an hour because they thought Gotham shouldn't be allowed to have any redeeming qualities. One of the only things from that video I agreed with to any extent was that the classic rouges gallery were taking a bit too much of a backseat these days.

It was a bit more in-depth than that, but that was the message I came out of it with.

Sorry about the tangent though, just felt the need to inform people about that video.

True enough I suppose, not really sure why he's go about it like this though.

But that comment about the people who get angry over assholes changing reminds me of a video a saw once about someone being angry over the way modern Batman comics are going, with Gotham steadily improving and the Bat Family growing.

I sort of joked about it with a friend, but the person made a 40(?) minute video about why Batman achieving his life's goal was a bad thing, repeating the same 3 or 4 points for almost an hour because they thought Gotham shouldn't be allowed to have any redeeming qualities. One of the only things from that video I agreed with to any extent was that the classic rouges gallery were taking a bit too much of a backseat these days.

It was a bit more in-depth than that, but that was the message I came out of it with.

Sorry about the tangent though, just felt the need to inform people about that video.

People do tend to think of Batman as just being this gruff, no nonsense asshole, who isn't capable of connecting with people on any significant level, and is mostly at his best when punching people.

Sadly a lot of comic writers also feel this way about him.

However there are scenes in the comics and animated series showing that Bats can actually be a pretty great guy.

One of my favorites is when he comforts a young girl who witnessed a crime and when she doesn't want to talk he proceeds to ask her stuffed toy about it because he wants her to feel safe, and even says that the name she chose for it was a nice name.

In the shows from the 90s he's given several scenes that present him as a nice and good guy.

The 2004 series, The Batman, also did this side of him right, both as Bruce Wayne and as Batman.

It also gave us more snarky Alfred, much more than the previous shows, and that is always a welcomed thing.

People do tend to think of Batman as just being this gruff, no nonsense asshole, who isn't capable of connecting with people on any significant level, and is mostly at his best when punching people.

Sadly a lot of comic writers also feel this way about him.

However there are scenes in the comics and animated series showing that Bats can actually be a pretty great guy.

One of my favorites is when he comforts a young girl who witnessed a crime and when she doesn't want to talk he proceeds to ask her stuffed toy about it because he wants her to feel safe, and even says that the name she chose for it was a nice name.

In the shows from the 90s he's given several scenes that present him as a nice and good guy.

The 2004 series, The Batman, also did this side of him right, both as Bruce Wayne and as Batman.

It also gave us more snarky Alfred, much more than the previous shows, and that is always a welcomed thing.

Yeah, it's always a shame when people can't see the person behind the shroud of The Bat-God, because at his core Batman is a traumatized child that wants to make the world a better place, that way no one will ever have to go through what he did again.

I'm hardly original in saying that one scene from Justice League Animated nails what Batman is, but it really does.

Perpetua(?) escaped and went Dark Monitor on the universe. To the point that the Bleed can't output into Bleed Tech anymore. She is now trying to finish that section of the multiverse so she can escape back through the Wall into other areas to feed some more. ( Pretty sure the Source Wall is a prison as well as the edge of reality, so if even a piece of her can get through a crack, gather power, and then break the Wall inside and Outside of reality she will then have free reign over more than the DC universe.)

Perpetua(?) escaped and went Dark Monitor on the universe. To the point that the Bleed can't output into Bleed Tech anymore. She is now trying to finish that section of the multiverse so she can escape back through the Wall into other areas to feed some more. ( Pretty sure the Source Wall is a prison as well as the edge of reality, so if even a piece of her can get through a crack, gather power, and then break the Wall inside and Outside of reality she will then have free reign over more than the DC universe.)

Doubtfull, since she's from the n52, so Zoat may not add her.

If it's Perpetua this might all be Paul's fault for creating another Crisis and messing with the laws of the Multiverse.

I'm hardly original in saying that one scene from Justice League Animated nails what Batman is, but it really does.
"How prepared is Batman exactly? I mean I know it's a meme that--"
"There was a little girl he got to know once and who he empathized with. When he was called in by surprise to be sent on a mission to kill her using a tool he had never seen and was given on the spot, he had a pouch exactly the right size and shape on his utility belt for it. It was the first pouch on his belt."
"Well shit."

"How prepared is Batman exactly? I mean I know it's a meme that--"
"There was a little girl he got to know once and who he empathized with. When he was called in by surprise to be sent on a mission to kill her using a tool he had never seen and was given on the spot, he had a pouch exactly the right size and shape on his utility belt for it. It was the first pouch on his belt."
"Well shit."
"On the other hand, he did have years to actually prevent her death and didn't, so maybe you shouldn't just assume he's got it covered."

Last edited:
I really doubt this is the case, but it occurs to me that a powerful enough sorcerer migh consider making an imitation that magically invokes the nature of the original.

On the other hand, much more useful is the chance to talk with the various titans glued to the wall and get what they know about what happened

"Oh the other hand, he did have years to actually prevent her death and didn't, so maybe you shouldn't just assume he's got it covered."

Didn't he also do nothing to prevent Ace from being retrieved by Cadmus? When I watched the episode my thinking was that Batman could have very easily prevented her death by actually trying to take care of her personally instead of simply letting the system handle her.

Are all the Monitors part of n52? Darko

I actually dont know the specifics of the reboots

The Monitors are dead, Nix Uotan the last survivor. The Superjudge, the Wonder Boy, the Super-God. Sadly he was last seen as a prisoner of that convergence of Joker wank and Batgod the Batman Who Laughs.

The Monitor and the Anti-Monitor were retconned to be Perpetua's kids, along with the World Forger, and would therefore seem to have no connection to the Monitor race built in their image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back