• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Sungate (part 11)
11th September 2012
14:46 GMT

"Delighted to meet you, cousin!"

The actually gold-skinned man Coeus introduced as Hyperion brushes past me to take Melinoë's hands in his own and kiss them. And it's not just his skin that's golden and mildly reflective. No, his clothes and… What I assume is meant to be armour -or at least super sized jewellery that looks a little like armour- is also gold, and his goes from bright gold at the front to red-gold at the back. His sister-wife Theia is dressed in a similar manner, adding a gold… Helmet? Head dress? To the mix.

No children, I note. No Helios-alt here to contract with the one back on Earth.

Theia doesn't look-. No, it's not that she's annoyed at her husband behaving in such a familiar way with another woman. She's looking suspiciously at all of us.

"Uncle."

"Oh, come now! We're a generation removed from our forebears." He offers her his goblet, and apparently misses the fact that her father is her mother's uncle. "May I offer you a drink?"

"Thank you, no."

"My lord Hyperion, my lady Theia."

"Human." Theia doesn't seem to like me any better having gotten a closer look at me. "You are the ambassador, and not that greater being within you?"

"You can talk to the Ophidian if you want, but the drawback of wanting everything is that you don't want anything more than anything else. It's unlikely that she'd care about you or your family."

"Still."

I shrug. "As you will."

My Agent?

She just wants to talk to you for a moment.

She believes that she is reduced by speaking to you. I shall teach her better.

As you see fit.

And then the corridors of the Honden surround me as the Ophidian borrows my body in the physical universe. Ooh, this is… Different. The.. locals have structures similar to those of most humanoids, and desires… Yes, those are familiar enough. Those around New Cronus don't appear to have the burning desire for freedom or restoration that suggests they're harshly oppressed… But then, it's not as if their native rulers were models of liberal democratic rulership. Pre-industrial society can't really work that way; travel and communication technology just doesn't allow it. So if the new rulers are worse then they're not much worse, at least to the people immediately around them.

Which is nice, I suppose.

These gods themselves… Yes, Hyperion wants to spread his 'solar rays' but only with other beings in his weight class. Theia doesn't really care about his behaviour. She cares about their alliance and doesn't think that he'll do anything to undermine.. it…

What's… That? That line of desire feels familiar. What is-.

And I'm back in the room, the assembled children of Rhea looking a little disturbed.

"Problem?"

"No, no." Coeus recovers fastest, taking my arm and leading me towards his red-skinned companions. "Just a little surprising. Don't think anything of it."

"I have no idea what she said to you-."

"This is Lord Iapetus and Lady Themis, gods of the planet."

Iapetus offers me his right arm. "Your snake has great wisdom. I have wanted to take a more active role in shaping Minosyss to the advantage of its citizens, and I believe-"

Themis looks truculent, but holds her peace when he looks at her and gives her the opportunity to chime in.

"-that we have a new accord on the subject."

"I'm glad to hear it. If you can manipulate the magma, there's probably a way to introduce geothermal power. Maybe even industrialise the place eventually."

"Your serpentine companion was of the opinion that the greatest testament to a god's greatness was the strength of their people. I take it that you share that view?"

"I wouldn't have built a Lantern Corps if I didn't."

"There, you see?" He gestures towards a globe displaying the planet below. "Rewarding devotion is no sign of subservience."

"There was a dispute on the subject?"

Iapetus nods, though the globe retains the majority of his attention.

"We discussed using the planet's resources to cow the people into greater displays of devotion. I was never in favour of it, but… It makes a certain degree of sense. It's far easier to see a disaster caused than a disaster prevented."

"Oh, that's painfully true. But exactly how-?"

"And over here-" Coeus pulls me away from the terraphiles as they redirect a major river. "-are Oceanus and Tethys."

A strange contrast in substances. Both have aquatic tails, though I can't tell whether they're supposed to be fish or dolphin. The flesh of their upper torsos is translucent blue, almost water-like, while the 'hair' on her head and the 'hair' of his tremendous beard both appear to be made of anemone tendrils. They're laying on benches by a pool.

I nod to Oceanus.

"I briefly met your predecessor. He very nearly killed me."

His beard straightens in shock.

"He lives?"

"He's currently confined, but yes."

"Then perhaps when we are finished here, we shall visit Earth."

"Have you ever visited before?"

Tethys shrugs. "In a sense, we-."

Coeus pulls again, clearly not wanting me to hear the rest of her answer. Though it's not hard to work out what it would be. They either have or haven't. If she's prevaricating, then… It's their home in a spiritual sense? Or part of them came from there? Was Rhea pregnant with them when they left?

"And the last of my brothers and sisters, Lord Crius and Lady Mnemosyne."

Brown hair, with green skin covered in tattoos. He's wearing a toga while she's wearing a cloak which bares her entire 'attribute-free' body.

And if that's the last, then there's no Cronus or Rhea equivalent. Which makes a degree of sense. Also, the pairs don't quite match up with the pairings of the originals. But they're their own people.

Which -given what happened- is probably a very good thing.

"A pleasure."

Mnemosyne nods. "It is always pleasant to meet a mortal who has pushed his mind as far as you have. But we are most eager for you to begin your work, and render the world below safe for our mortal servants."

"Then let's get started."

Last edited:
Uncle."

"Oh, come now! We're a generation removed from our forebears." He offers her his goblet, and apparently misses the fact that her father is her mother's uncle. "May I offer you a drink?"

Ahh, Olympian genealogy.

A truly complicated subject.

when his looks at her and gives her the opportunity to chime in

'when he looks'

her head and hit 'hair' of his tremendous beard

'the 'hair' of his'

clearly not wanted me to hear the

'not wanting'

"Human." Thia doesn't seem to like me any better having gotten a closer look at me. "You are the ambassador, and not that greater being within you?"

"You can talk to the Ophidian if you want, but the drawback of wanting everything is that you don't want anything more than anything else. It's unlikely that she'd care about you or your family."

"Still."

I shrug. "As you will."

My Agent?

So she's the typical mortal=ants type of goddess. Hopefully Paul can show her how much mortals can push gods.

These gods themselves… Yes, Hyperion wants to spread his 'solar rays' but only with other beings in his weight class. Thia doesn't really care about his behaviour. She cares about their alliance and doesn't think that he'll do anything to undermine.. it…

I wonder what this is referring to? Can anyone remember a desire that Paul felt before in the story that could match this?

Iapetus offers me his right arm. "Your snake has great wisdom. I have wanted to take a more active role in shaping Minosyss to the advantage of its citizens, and I believe-"

Themis looks truculent, but holds her peace when his looks at her and gives her the opportunity to chime in.

"I'm glad to hear it. If you can manipulate the magma, there's probably a way to introduce geothermal power. Maybe even industrialise the place eventually."

"Your serpentine companion was of the opinion that the greatest testament to a god's greatness was the strength of their people. I take it that you share that view?"

"There, you see?" He gestures towards a globe displaying the planet below. "Rewarding devotion is no sign of subservience."

"We discussed using the planet's resources to cow the people into greater displays of devotion. I was never in favour of it, but… It makes a certain degree of sense. It's far easier to see a disaster caused than a disaster prevented."
Since the Ophidian isn't known for her eloquence, I wouldn't be surprised if she used her avarice powers to make them realize something either about themselves or something they overlooked due to their whole gods>mortals mentality.

"And over here-" Coeus pulls me away from the terraphiles as they redirect a major river. "-are Oceanus and Tethys."
Constantly distracting Paul, or trying to distract himself from the conversation he and his siblings had with the Ophidian?

"He lives?"

Coeus pulls again, clearly not wanted me to hear the rest of her answer. Though it's not hard to work out what it would be. They either have or haven't. If she's prevaricating, then… It's their home in a spiritual sense? Or part of them came from there? Was Rhea pregnant with them when they left?
Will they be visiting Earth in the future?

It truly says something when the Ophidian of all beings is better at Diplomacy then you...
I wouldn't be surprised if the Ophidian was less diplomatic with them and instead just showed how much beneath her (and by extension Paul) they are in comparison.

11th September 2012
14:46 GMT

The actually gold-skinned man Coeus introduced as Hyperion brushes past me to take Melinoë's hands in his own and kiss them. And it's not just his skin that's golden and mildly reflective. No, his clothes and… What I assume is meant to be armour -or at least super sized jewellery that looks a little like armour- is also gold, and his goes from bright gold at the front to red-gold at the back. His sister-wife Thia is dressed in a similar manner, adding a gold… Helmet? Head dress? To the mix.
Hyperion and Thia in the mythology. Parents of the deities of Sun, Moon and Dawn. And sounding a lot more... Celestial than their most familiar comics incarnations. And it sounds like he's quite the horn-dog...

No children, I note. No Helios-alt here to contract with the one back on Earth.

Thia doesn't look-. No, it's not that she's annoyed at her husband behaving in such a familiar way with another woman. She's looking suspiciously at all of us.
Hmm...I can understand the lack of offspring if they are young, or chose not to produce children who would likely overthrow them. As for Thia... In the comics, it appears that she was one of the more antagonistic of her generation, at least towards the modern Heroes...

"Uncle."

:confused: I'd make a comment about tangled family trees, but divine genetics does weird things. And there's often no guarantee that a divine offspring will be humanoid...

"Thank you, no."

"My lord Hyperion, my lady Thia."

"Human." Thia doesn't seem to like me any better having gotten a closer look at me. "You are the ambassador, and not that greater being within you?"
Ah, there's her problem. I see she has a low opinion of 'lesser' beings. Evidently OL isn't elevated enough for her...

"Still."
Well, on your own head be it if she decides you might be tasty.

I shrug. "As you will."

My Agent?

Well, this should be interesting. I doubt many people ever want to talk to Best Snek, whether they want something or not.

As you see fit.
Just try not to damage her too much? I'm sure the Titans still have some use in this situation, and the rest might be a little annoyed if you break one of them...

And then the corridors of the Honden surround me as the Ophidian borrows my body in the physical universe. Ooh, this is… Different. The.. locals have structures similar to those of most humanoids, and desires… Yes, those are familiar enough. Those around New Cronus don't appear to have the burning desire for freedom or restoration that suggests they're harshly oppressed… But then, it's not as if their native rulers were models of liberal democratic rulership. Pre-industrial society can't really work that way; travel and communication technology just doesn't allow it. So if the new rulers are worse then they're not much worse, at least to the people immediately around them.
And a fun little diversion for OL. Surprised he isn't listening in to make sure things don't go awry, but I suppose getting intel on the locals is useful.

Which is nice, I suppose.

These gods themselves… Yes, Hyperion wants to spread his 'solar rays' but only with other beings in his weight class. Thia doesn't really care about his behaviour. She cares about their alliance and doesn't think that he'll do anything to undermine.. it…
Hint: His 'Solar Ray' is his penis. :p Evidently thinking with their little head runs in the family for Greco-roman Sky Kings. At least Thia isn't as vexed by it as Hera was...

And I'm back in the room, the assembled children of Rhea looking a little disturbed.
Not too badly shaken by getting a tongue-lashing from the Embodiment of universal Avarice, I hope. Maybe you should ask her for a summary of what they discussed, or is she going to be coy about it?

"Problem?"

"No, no." Coeus recovers fastest, taking my arm and leading me towards his red-skinned companions. "Just a little surprising. Don't think anything of it."
Do I detect a hint of 'What have we gotten ourselves into?' here? Or is it just me?

"I have no idea what she said to you-."

"This is Lord Iapetus and Lady Themis, gods of the planet."
Iapetus in comics and myth (I linked Themis yesterday, though...) Most commonly linked to Atlas, Prometheus (and his brother Epimetheus) and Menoetius (best known for eating a thunderbolt from Zeus during the battles.) As some tales would have it, the technical grandfather of mankind (by way of his sons' work) and supposedly confined within Tartarus alongside Cronus. No doubt he and his wife manage the worshippers below...

Themis looks truculent, but holds her peace when his looks at her and gives her the opportunity to chime in.
Oh-ho, someone who might be in tune with OL's ideals? There's a fun opportunity.

Drag them into the Century of the Fruitbat kicking and screaming, eh? Might need to work on their sciences first.

Heh. Of course Best Snek wants her things to be the best things...

So they're not as unified as they'd prefer to present themselves as, eh? That's good to know. But could be bad, if things break down.

Yeah, that's humanity's approach to such things in a nutshell. 'Oh, a giant asteroid passed a few million miles from us? That's nice.' gets a very different reaction to 'What's that smoke over the hill? Is it bad for me?' Thank you, monkey ancestors...

"Oh, that's painfully true. But exactly how-?"

We've met the proper Oceanus, of course. His sister-wife Tethys is less well-known. Their comics versions are more conventional and less primal... Though Mr Zoat definitely seems to be going with later depictions of them...

A strange contrast in substances. Both have aquatic tails, though I can't tell whether they're supposed to be fish or dolphin. The flesh of their upper torsos is translucent blue, almost water-like, while the 'hair' on her head and hit 'hair' of his tremendous beard both appear to be made of anemone tendrils. They're laying on benches by a pool.
Rulers of Minosyss' seas, I would assume. Hopefully less disruptive than the masters of its land.

I nod to Oceanus.

And most of the Atlantic-bordering nations' population... But I don't think these folks would care too much about 'mere mortals'...

"He lives?"

He was a little testy last time he got out, so it's probably better he's confined...

Oh? Well, now...

Coeus pulls again, clearly not wanted me to hear the rest of her answer. Though it's not hard to work out what it would be. They either have or haven't. If she's prevaricating, then… It's their home in a spiritual sense? Or part of them came from there? Was Rhea pregnant with them when they left?
Or perhaps they bear some mystical connection to their namesakes, some touch of memory that Rhea set upon them?

"And the last of my brothers and sisters, Lord Crius and Lady Mnemosyne."

Brown hair, with green skin covered in tattoos. He's wearing a toga while she's wearing a cloak which bears her entire 'attribute-free' body.
Again, Myth and Comics versions of Crius may vary. The Lady Mnemosyne is at least remembered as the mother of the Nine Muses. And played some part in uncovering or manipulating people's memories in the comics tales.

And if that's the last, then there's no Cronus or Rhea equivalent. Which makes a degree of sense. Also, the pairs don't quite match up with the pairings of the originals. But they're their own people.

Which -given what happened- is probably a very good thing.
Yes, especially their comics incarnations. Thankfully, they have no part in Donna Troy's history here. So it'll be fascinating to see how things play out in this tale.

"A pleasure."

Mnemosyne nods. "It is always pleasant to meet a mortal who has pushed his mind as far as you have. But we are most eager for you to begin your work, and render the world below safe for our mortal servants."

"Then let's get started."
I suspect even OL is getting tired of all the introductions.

And that's all twelve of the Titans of Myth playing meet-and-greet now. No sign of their Seeds, as OL noted, but that doesn't preclude their existence... And from the brief glimpses of their characters, it seems not all of them share the same goals for their new world. Which makes them a lot more well-rounded than their comics counterparts, really. Though I wonder if Sparta shall be making an appearance...

Hmm...I can understand the lack of offspring if they are young, or chose not to produce children who would likely overthrow them

Or maybe they can't have children, at least now.

That Marvel story with the SI god I was reading, as well as an HP/Marvel story I was reading had gods be only capable of having children every few centuries so as to prevent overpopulation.

These guys are apparently very young so they may not be in a fertility cycle yet.

Hint: His 'Solar Ray' is his penis. :p Evidently thinking with their little head runs in the family for Greco-roman Sky Kings. At least Thia isn't as vexed by it as Hera was...

Honestly thought it meant he wanted to fight people.

Though seeing as he wants to fuck people as strong as him he may not cheat on his wife all that much since there may not be too many people that strong.

So they're not as unified as they'd prefer to present themselves as, eh? That's good to know. But could be bad, if things break down.

That depends on how large their disagreements are.

They may not agree on everything but that doesn't mean that they'll come to blows over them.

Yeah, that's humanity's approach to such things in a nutshell. 'Oh, a giant asteroid passed a few million miles from us? That's nice.' gets a very different reaction to 'What's that smoke over the hill? Is it bad for me?' Thank you, monkey ancestors...

To be fair, the smoke is a more immediate threat.

And that's all twelve of the Titans of Myth playing meet-and-greet now. No sign of their Seeds, as OL noted, but that doesn't preclude their existence

Technically these guys could qualify as Seeds.

Ah, to be clear, it's not a lack of effort memorizing the trick, but rather, it's a heck of a lot easier for me to simply remember stuff without overly complicating things by involving mnemonic tricks. They tend to be rather long. Why would I bother memorizing two things, if i can just memorize one instead?
OK, either you have a better memory than average, your memory works a bit differently than average, or both.

It's lines like this that remind me that this is set in an animated universe and I should be picturing it that way. I haven't actually seen Young Justice, it was a bit after my prime TV watching days, but I can picture this in Teen Titans, which I gather had a related animation style. Whereas it isn't something I would imagine in, say, a live action Zach Snyder DC film. Despite this, typically when I picture mainline OL chapters, I don't see it in those sorts of animation style visuals.

I wonder what the members of OL's delegation think of what Ophidian said. They have a bit more experience of and connection to her, but maybe not this directly.

Question to the audience at large. I have no recollection of reading what Mr. Zoat would prefer the punctuation mark in question to be called, nor have I been able to find it in the FAQ. I know of other words for it, of course, but I don't see any of them as being more or less offensive than the one I used, so I have no way of judging their suitability for this thread. Could someone perhaps point me to a post? I was debating whether or not to ask, but it's come up again and I don't want to irritate him.
Missing period at the end of the sentence.
What did we say about calling them that?
There should be a period at the end of this sentence.
I THOUGHT we AGREED not to CALL them THAT.

Question to the audience at large. I have no recollection of reading what Mr. Zoat would prefer the punctuation mark in question to be called, nor have I been able to find it in the FAQ. I know of other words for it, of course, but I don't see any of them as being more or less offensive than the one I used, so I have no way of judging their suitability for this thread. Could someone perhaps point me to a post? I was debating whether or not to ask, but it's come up again and I don't want to irritate him.
I'm not 100% certain that he ever said in this thread (as opposed to threads on another forum, or elsewhere on this one), but I do know that (presumably for purposes of clarity) the British call 'the period at the end of a sentence' a 'full stop.' I'm not sure what they call periods that aren't at the end of a sentence.

It's known as a full stop in British English.

It truly says something when the Ophidian of all beings is better at Diplomacy then you...

Part of me thinks it's less to do with skill and more to do with their general apathy to mortals. They are Greek Mythos based, after all, they always did have a low opinion on them in the grand scheme of things. They probably will start to treat him better once its known he's died several times and is the chosen host for the Ophidian.

I wonder what this is referring to? Can anyone remember a desire that Paul felt before in the story that could match this?

I read that part as referencing a desire that Ophidian has felt before, rather than Paul.

Maybe you should ask her for a summary of what they discussed, or is she going to be coy about it?

Melinoë and Aporia were still in the room, right? I imagine they'll provide some missing context. Though with the rush at the end, we didn't see what happened to them (not even their reaction to Ophidian). Would Ophidian have sent them somewhere?

These gods themselves… Yes, Hyperion wants to spread his 'solar rays' but only with other beings in his weight class.
Does this mean Hyperion was flirting with Melione, cause that won't end well for him. If Melione doesn't give him eternal nightmares Hades, Persephone, Zergeus, and heck even Paul would gladly do it.

Does this mean Hyperion was flirting with Melione, cause that won't end well for him. If Melione doesn't give him eternal nightmares Hades, Persephone, Zergeus, and heck even Paul would gladly do it.

I don't think that's likely to happen.

Given the fact that he's also a god, Melinoë's powers may not have much of an effect on him.

Hades, Persephone and Zagreus may also not necessarily react negatively to Hyperion, depending on how they feel about Rhea.

Paul may also not try to harm him for flirting with Melinoë, unless he gets too aggressive.

What was the name of the referenced chapter?
I am having trouble finding it.

Sungate (part 12)
11th September 2012
14:59 GMT

"…breached the control room, but it does not appear designed to respond to those such as we."

Coeus leads the way through the breach in the earth that leads to the most accessible part of the decommissioned sun eater factory. Not sure whether this means that the Junior Titans can't teleport, haven't gotten the hang of teleporting in Minosyss's magic sphere or if the maltusians built something that blocks it.

"Have you been studying it?"

"We dared not. Though I'm confident that we would survive whatever traps the maltusians might have added to their system, this world is inhabited by people far less resilient than we are."

"I meant, 'you personally', though I suppose that answers the question."

"Iapetus looked it over, since it comes closest to falling within his sphere. He'd be here now, but his brief encounter with your Ophidian appears to have left him rather distracted."

"I suppose that there isn't a titan of engineering, is there?"

"Had mother survived, there may have been eventually."

"Do you know what her… Plan, was? Did you intend for you to go back and defeat Zeus when you were ready, or...? What?"

"She taught us to use our abilities as best we could. Perhaps she had an ultimate goal in mind… Sadly, we shall never know."

I nod. That suggests that they weren't all that old when she died. Is Coeus the oldest? Was he forced to take on a pseudo-parental role when their mother died? None of the others disputed his right to negotiate with me, after all.

"Why do you care?"

"Oh, I'm nothing like as emotionally invested as you are. But I'm a utilitarian. I don't destroy things unless there's a good reason to do so. Senseless violence is wasteful. And as an Orange Lantern I tend to like to see people pursuing their goals in a rational and pragmatic way."

I look up and to the right as a section of… I think that used to be a wall, juts through the side of the rocky passage. An earthquake? Did that..? Breach the walls? That doesn't seem likely, but the whole reason why the Controllers chose this place was because it doesn't entirely conform to the usual rules.

"You wanted to get the factory safely shut down, so rather than come up with some sort of convoluted scheme to lure a maltusian here you just directly asked. We have absolutely no reason to say 'no', the maltusians abandoned the place because they had no further use for it…"

"The cooperation of disparate parts to a common good is the very definition of civilisation."

We walk in silence for a few moments, the corridor bending as it moves around the buried sections of factory which stick through the walls in several places.

"So… What does being moon god actually involve? Are you in charge of New Cronus?"

"Yes, but that's more a coincidence than anything else. The moon is totemic; most of my actual divine powers relate to the intellect rather than the night in any literal way."

"Hah! We could definitely do with you back on Earth then."

"Isn't there a god of the intellect amongst Zeus's followers?"

"No. Zeus ate Metis, and… I don't think he's been listening to her advice very much."

"Met-? Zeus ate another god?"

"Yes. And-"

"But that's-"

"-I realise that-"

"-what he rallied-"

"-that's what Cronus did-"

"-the younger gods against!"

"-to his brothers and sisters, yes."

"And that hypocrite rules the Earth? Humans pray to him!?"

"Not really, no. Greece converted to Christianity about two thousand years ago. The few Hellenists left mostly prefer to pray to other Olympians. My particular patron is Eris, Goddess of Chaos."

"You… Mentioned a 'super Dryad'."

"Yes, Euanthe has done very well for herself. Essentially, she increased the strength of her bond to all earthly plant life, and after a rather nasty war she made contact with an alliance of jungle tribes in the Americas… And now she's their main god."

"How powerful is she?"

"Innately? Probably not much more than she was before. But she has command authority over the natural world, so her effective power is much greater."

We walk out into… Huh. Yes. A room big enough to build a creature that could eat a sun. In the distance I can see… Gantries, and machinery that I can't easily-

"It's just up here."

-identify. Coeus leads me up a… A rope bridge, to a round platform which appears to be suspended from the ceiling by struts which are both uncomfortably long and uncomfortably thin.

Coeus sees me hesitate.

"They're strong enough. Can you not fly?"

"I can fly in three different ways and I may well be immortal. That doesn't make me feel safe."

I shake my head as I reach the platform. Yes, it's solid -certainly more solid than the bridge- and in the centre there's a maltusian control console. It's a ring made of a stone-like substance, the middle of the ring containing a glowing orb which… Is probably the part of the machinery that they designed to access the dimensional warp.

And there's a plug for a personal lantern. A bit odd, given who was using it at the time. This was shut down before Guardians started using Green Lanterns. I mean… The Guardians had the technology beforehand. Larfleeze's existence proves that. Still, it's a little…

"This control system is contemporary, is it?"

"As far as I know. It was here when we discovered this vault, but I know little of maltusian technology."

"Fair enough."

I don't attach my personal lantern to it, but rather reach out with orange threads and attach-. Ah, yes, there we are. I was a little worried that they would have designed the system to work with their symbiotic abilities rather than glow technology, but it doesn't seem to be arguing the toss.

"Is there anything important directly above here?"

"A few villages. Why?"

"I might need to physically fly the sun eaters out, to say nothing of whatever other weapons the Controllers stashed here."

"I can order an evacuation, though I would rather avoid doing so."

"Alright then. Let's see what this does."

Last edited:

'I look'

And earthquake? Did that

'An earthquake'

Isn't there a god of the intellect amongst Zeus's followers?"

"No

Well there's Athena.

"Met-? Zeus ate another god?"

"Yes. And-"

"But that's-"

"-I realise that-"

"-what he rallied-"

"-that's what Cronus did-"

"-the younger gods against!"

"-to his brothers and sisters, yes."

Ohh, hypocrisy is one of the lesser crimes of Zeus.

And that hypocrite rules the Earth? Humans pray to him!?"

Not really.

Some Themyscirans maybe, but most may pray to other gods for things like good weather, like Demeter, or for justice, like Athena.

"Oh, I'm nothing like as emotionally invested as you are. But I'm a utilitarian. I don't destroy things unless there's a good reason to do so. Senseless violence is wasteful. And as an Orange Lantern I tend to like to see people pursuing their goals in a rational and pragmatic way."
What he doesn't mention here is that his "good reason" level is "slightly annoys me".

"Isn't there a god of the intellect amongst Zeus's followers?"

"No. Zeus ate Metis, and… I don't think he's been listening to her advice very much."
Meanwhile forgotten Athena be like...

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back