• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

visions? And you in pain?"

'Are you in pain'

Shit, man, the Sheeda killed like a billion people!"

I'm assuming that this is hyperbole, but how many did they really kill?

Then I've got to, haven't I?" He shrugs helplessly. "Ask whatever you want, Doc. Telling you… That's the least I can do."

Why am I getting the feeling that this guy may become a magical superhero.

We're picking up those signals again."

"Where?"

"Hamburg. I don't know-."

"Nazi Earth has a major physics research institution there. We

Looks like we may be seeing Overman soon.

Or this isn't him but the other Nazis.

Wouldn't be surprising if some of them figured out how to replicate the portal that brought Angelika over.

I'm kinda hopin OL gives his counterpart the option to leave Naziland.

Assuming Freeman wants to.

He may want to stay behind to help make Nazi Earth less Nazi.

Paul may help him get his ring back and give him a Lantern, though.

Question: does the Ophidian gain all the memories of construct Lanterns (through the Honden or something else)? If so, is it automatic or require direct attention?

Because if she does gain memories, Ophidian just got a lot of useful magical knowledge.
I'm pretty sure the Ophidian already has basically all the useful magical knowledge. Every avaricious desire to understand a spell is within her Honden.

Why aren't their dimensional travel blocking devices working?

They may be working but the specific method the Nazis are using is a type that they don't have protections against.

I got the same feeling. I can't imagine his family who watched their son/brother be melted by Nabu would be supportive of that decision.

They may be supportive, since he would be making sure that other innocent people aren't hurt by evil people.

Though, yeah, they may be worried that he could die or be hurt.

"Remember what happened before Overgirl showed up? We're picking up those signals again."

"Where?"

"Nazi Earth has a major physics research institution there. We might be getting intentional visitors. I'll grab Angelika now."
Hm... provided that the next chapter isn't just a continuation from here with OLPaul's pov, we might end up getting a look at her original universe's reaction to Angelika's disappearance leading up to this particular breach.

And geez... I know it's been obvious ever since New Kara showed up, but didn't they just have one multiversal crisis a few months back with Krona? I suppose once one bit of the dimensional walls cracks the whole thing just escalates.

I think the League is getting annoyed they are dealing with so many parallel universe visitors at this point.

Does me a bit of a frighten about the possibility of him having more than just that left over, but we'll see how it plays out.
It's either actual resistance to control (which is rather terrifyingly competent, considering the circumstances) or it's similar to the deceased Hellwraith in that Paul expects demon world Nabu to act like that so it does.

Or it could be like Dr. Marrow in that the desire 'matrices' weren't properly adjusted.

It's difficult to cover all the possibilities with the amount of exceptions in DC.

Hm... provided that the next chapter isn't just a continuation from here with OLPaul's pov, we might end up getting a look at her original universe's reaction to Angelika's disappearance leading up to this particular breach.

And geez... I know it's been obvious ever since New Kara showed up, but didn't they just have one multiversal crisis a few months back with Krona? I suppose once one bit of the dimensional walls cracks the whole thing just escalates.

Eh, it's in-line with DC as a whole really. The first Crisis event has snowballed seemingly into one every few years now. I think they've passed number six?

16th September 2012
18:52 GMT

Dr. Balewa cautiously studies the construct helmet.

"I can not feel anything of the demonic about it. Are you well, Mister Brown?"
Well, did the demonic Construct Lanterns have any taint of hell's energy about them? Still, probably a good move to get professional assistance as quickly as possible. At least Doctor Mist can say this about OL: He always brings new things to his attention.

"I don't-? I mean, what do you mean? This thing just… Killed my son. Of course I-. I'm not… 'Well'."

With the helmet being a construct, I can just about see his face through the translucent orange. He's clearly distraught, but now that the immediate danger has past at least the yellow has receded a little.
Yeah, still the matter of getting it off his head without taking his soul with it... Presumably Nabu-Hell here has booby-traps out the wazoo even for normal removal, much less being returned to OL's Ring.

"Are you seeing visions? And you in pain?"

"No. No, he hasn't said anything or done anything since…" Mike glances at me. "Since Orange Lantern did this." He looks around Dr. Balewa's workshop in the Hall of Justice. "Can I-? Take it off? I mean, no disrespect or anything, but I don't wanna… Wanna be here."
Best not to try until they're certain it won't still take chunks of you with it...

Dr. Balewa raises his eyebrows at me. "Orange Lantern?"

"I.. don't know. I mean, there's not normally a problem with removing Construct-Lanterns from things, but I don't know what magic Nabu is using to keep himself anchored."
Nor whether it'll still function now that Nabu's been Orange Crushed. And what constitutes 'Removal' for the purposes of that magic.

"Can you not order him to end it?"

"Only if he can end it. If it's part of the mechanism that allows him to bind himself to people, that won't help. And I'll have to order him to tell us."
Even simply recalling him might trigger some kill-switch in the linking magic...

"I am heppy to research at length, but Mister Brown wishes to return to his family, and we have urgent matters to attend to."

"Mike, do you mind me waking him up a little?"

"Just… Get it off."
And that's a very healthy attitude to have...

"Nabu of Cilia, can you be removed safely?"

"No."
Well, shit. Talk about your clingy cursed artefacts.

"No what?"

"No... Master."
Heh. Even as a construct, he's an arsehole.

"Can that state of affairs be changed by magics known to you?"

"There are… Rituals. Rites. Vitality transfer techniques. But my magics are embedded in the body and soul of my host. It is supposed to be hard to remove me. Master."
Watch the sass, bucket-head.

"Can you be hidden?"

"Hidden?"

"Made completely transparent and intangible, made so that people don't notice that you're there, or anything like that?"
Turn him into a toe-ring or something so that he can be hidden without counting as 'removing' him? Clever.

"I… Can, yes."

"Explain in more detail."

"I am a being of spirit bound to an energy construct. This form is malleable in certain ways."
Except attitude, it seems.

"Any side effects for the person wearing you or those around them?"

"Any halfway competent magician would feel my presence. And you appear to have-" Mike's head his turned to look at Dr. Balewa. "-those."
So Mike ends up on some kind of watch list. Fun...

"Less of your lip, Nabu. Are you able to perform these alterations yourself?"

"No. I require use of my host."
And given the amount of backtalk from Bucket-head here, that may backfire badly.

"Then I'm afraid that's the best we can do for now, Mike. Obviously we'll keep working-."

"Where did this bastard even come from?"
Are you really sure you want to know that? Not enough nightmares yet?

"A parallel universe where Earth is ruled by demons. We intend to prevent-."

"What-? That's what it was showing me?"
Still the matter of how it got here. Given that it was probably the most skilled magician on that world, though, it's likely the daemon's plan to invade may have had some setbacks, at least...

"Probably."

"And they're coming here? Oh God."
Alas, God has nothing to do with it...

I shake my head. "I wouldn't worry about it. We're trained for this sort of situation, and while it would be helpful to have access to Nabu here, we can probably manage without him."

"Shit. Ah, but… He could..? Could help?"
Well, that depends. You ever wanted to be a superhero, Mikey-boy? I mean, I can understand if you're not interested...

"He lived in their world. He knows what they're likely to be able to throw at us. Or… Just what you saw. I appreciate that you've had an extremely traumatic experience and you have my utmost sympathy, so once Nabu hides himself I can take you right back to-."

"But they're… They're still coming."
According to their one not-so-reliable source. Getting info from Nabu-Hell would help confirm that, though...

"Unless we ward them off or attack them" I nod. "Yes, probably. But this is hardly the first time we've been attacked by demons or parallel universes. That contribution-."

"Shit, man, the Sheeda killed like a billion people!"
Probably an overstatement... Though I can see backwater areas that were lightly defended suffering a lot more than cities...

"Of course, if you would like to contribute, Doctor Mist is the best person you could describe what you saw to. The more we learn about their magic, the easier it will be for us to counter it."

"Then I've got to, haven't I?" He shrugs helplessly. "Ask whatever you want, Doc. Telling you… That's the least I can do."
Good man. Don't worry, I'm sure the Doc can help with therapy, at least.

Dr. Balewa nods. "I would appreciate thet. Orange Lantern, will Nabu remain obedient in your absence?"

"Yes." I lean over and put my right hand on Mike's left shoulder. "This is a good thing you're doing, Mike, and we really appreciate it."
Hollow words, though, given he's already lost a child to Nabu-Hell, and is stuck with it until they can unravel the hooks it has in him... :(

"Just get those bastards for me."

"Can do."
And he'll rejoice as he does so...

I raise my left hand to my forehead and

step out, returning

to the material universe above Liberty. Kara is comforting Mike's wife and their other two children, but there is only so much you can do when they've just seen their son and brother… Melt.
...Ouch. Still, good to know they're alright, physically at least...

"Kara, Mike's fine and he's sharing what he learned. We can make Nabu invisible, but getting rid of him's going to be a longer term thing. I'm-."

My ring flashes.
So much for catching a break. Now what?

"New job. Answer."

"Orange Lantern."

I smile faintly. "Green Arrow. What can I do for you?"
More League business, then. Something show up on the Watchtower's sensors?

"Remember what happened before Overgirl showed up? We're picking up those signals again."

"Where?"
Oh-ho, has Overman finally arrived to find his daughter?

"Nazi Earth has a major physics research institution there. We might be getting intentional visitors. I'll grab Angelika now."
From one Supergirl to another. I wonder who's coming through this time...

And here comes another visitor. Wonder what universe they'll be from, if it isn't Earth-10? Still rather concerning that this keeps happening, though. o_O Here's a thought. Could something Krona and Mandated!Paul (acting as the Time Trapper) did to modify the mechanics of Time be causing this? Did their meddling weaken the dimensional barriers? Food for thought...

...but I don't know what magic...
Double Space.

Well, did the demonic Construct Lanterns have any taint of hell's energy about them

Not sure, but they still had access to their magic powers.

And again, this Nabu may not be demonically corrupted, but is just crazy.

Yeah, still the matter of getting it off his head without taking his soul with it... Presumably Nabu-Hell here has booby-traps out the wazoo even for normal removal, much less being returned to OL's Ring.

Yeah, Nabu 16 may have had countermeasures in place to prevent himself from being removed, but I'm betting they weren't in the area of 'killing this host if he's taken off', but this Nabu is actively malicious.

Nor whether it'll still function now that Nabu's been Orange Crushed. And what constitutes 'Removal' for the purposes of that magic.

Unfortunately it may still function.

Heh. Even as a construct, he's an arsehole.

In fairness to him, he was just enslaved, so him being pissy at his enslaver is kinda fair.

Turn him into a toe-ring or something so that he can be hidden without counting as 'removing' him? Clever.

Not a toe ring, I think he meant him still being on the head, but invisible and intangible.

Still the matter of how it got here. Given that it was probably the most skilled magician on that world, though, it's likely the daemon's plan to invade may have had some setbacks, at least...

It may have been like how Angelika got there, by accident.

Alas, God has nothing to do with it...

He kinda does, since he played a part in Hells creation.

Probably an overstatement... Though I can see backwater areas that were lightly defended suffering a lot more than cities...

Yeah, I think it was mentioned that entire rural areas were just gone.

Good man. Don't worry, I'm sure the Doc can help with therapy, at least.

I don't think he's trained in psychology but it's good to have someone to talk to.

Oh-ho, has Overman finally arrived to find his daughter?

Or it could be the other Nazis, in which case, fuck.

And here comes another visitor. Wonder what universe they'll be from, if it isn't Earth-10? Still rather concerning that this keeps happening, though. o_O Here's a thought. Could something Krona and Mandated!Paul (acting as the Time Trapper) did to modify the mechanics of Time be causing this? Did their meddling weaken the dimensional barriers? Food for thought

Maybe, and it may also be something paragon and the others did after Krona was dealt with.

So today we find out new Kara's okay with enslaving other sentients and Paragons dimension blockers are useless.

So today we find out new Kara's okay with enslaving other sentients and Paragons dimension blockers are useless.
Kara seems like the kind of person to say: Bad guys deserve whatever terrible punishment they get, unless it is really disproportionate. As such, I can see her being fine with what happened to Demon Nabu. Also, it was mentioned back when he got it from Power Ring Blue that the blockers aren't a solid protection for every method of traversing the multiverse. Heck, the Syndicate themselves later subverted the defenses when they tricked Zatanna and Paul into going to their Earth.

sentients and Paragons dimension blockers are useless.

First, the word is sapients, sentients are animals, not Humans and the like.

Second, the travel blockers only cover a small, strategic area and have minimal testing, of course there's gaps in the network, but that hardly makes them useless.

Edit:Also, as was pointed out by Ngamer11, they're based on a design we've seen be worked around before, so it's hardly surprising that a version of Nabu, one of the best mages on the planet, was able to get around ant protection they might give against magic dimensional travel.

So today we find out new Kara's okay with enslaving other sentients
As people were pointing out after the previous chapter (and probably before) she's probably running on silver age moral standards so it wouldn't really be surprising to find out that many forms of non-human intelligences count as non-people in her eyes.

As people were pointing out after the previous chapter (and probably before) she's probably running on silver age moral standards so it wouldn't really be surprising to find out that many forms of non-human intelligences count as non-people in her eyes.

Even if she isn't running on that set of "Don't think about it" morals she's still Kryptonian, and while Silver Age Krypton was a lot better than most other counter parts it was still Krypton, so them having some ideas about personhood that we might consider not very cash money wouldn't be surprising.

Even if she isn't running on that set of "Don't think about it" morals she's still Kryptonian, and while Silver Age Krypton was a lot better than most other counter parts it was still Krypton, so them having some ideas about personhood that we might consider not very cash money wouldn't be surprising.
I think autocorrupt is messing with you, unless that's a slang term that I'm unfamiliar with in this context.

I think autocorrupt is messing with you, unless that's a slang term that I'm unfamiliar with in this context.

It's a reference to a meme from, like, 2018 that was a picture of Godzilla with sunglasses saying "That wasn't very cash money of you."

Would be wacky if autocorrect was messing with me though considering I don't even own a phone and I use my laptop for everything.

Also, Doctor Mist's quotation marks aren't colored white like they're supposed to be.
Either 'Mike's head turns' or 'Mike turns his head'
has past -> has passed
OR
has past -> is past

I think the first is probably what you were going for; the sense of "the immediate danger is behind us".
Thank you, corrected.
I'm assuming that this is hyperbole, but how many did they really kill?
I don't want to give a hard figure. A lot.

Also, come on guys. I deliberately put in the line in the last episode about them turning the jammers off so they could get rid of the Legionnaires.

well let's put it this way supermans birth mom was a member of the slave cast originally before they made her an astronaut for a while

First, the word is sapients, sentients are animals, not Humans and the like.

Technically correct, on the first part; humans are sentient also, though. They're just also sapient.

For those wondering:
Sentience is having a sense of 'self versus not-self'.
Sapience is 'intelligence' (and yes this can be fuzzy)

Your dog is sentient, you are sapient.

Oh God!

How many more power girls can possibly show up!? There can't be more than a dozen Supergirl variants right!!!?

Ultragirl of the Crime syndicate world, Luma Lynai, Marvel Maid, Suprgrrrl the female Kon equivalent, Power Girl, Bizarrogirl, Satangirl, Ellen Leeds, Superior girl, Supragirl, Russian Supergirl, Brainiac's Daughter, Andromeda of Daxam, Laurel Kent, Lois Wayne, Lara Kent from the Crazy Steve universe, Natasha Irons, Cir El, and Tangent Supergirl.

Ultragirl of the Crime syndicate world, Luma Lynai, Marvel Maid, Suprgrrrl the female Kon equivalent, Power Girl, Bizarrogirl, Satangirl, Ellen Leeds, Superior girl, Supragirl, Russian Supergirl, Brainiac's Daughter, Andromeda of Daxam, Laurel Kent, Lois Wayne, Lara Kent from the Crazy Steve universe, Natasha Irons, Cir El, and Tangent Supergirl.
Can we please have links to these?

Can we please have links to these?

Most of those can be found here.

I believe most of those not on that page are still on that wiki. I was going partially off of memory you see

Edit- For those not on the wiki or the pages are less than helpful I'll share what I remember, but give me a list smaller than the bajillion Supergirls I just mentioned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back