• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

What film? There is no Wanted film. Are you also one of those crazy people who thinks that M Night Shamamallamadingdong made an Avatar: The Last Airbender movie?
The Last Airbender exists as an academic example on how NOT to make a movie.
Pretty much anything in it displays how things should not be done.

Just realised how they could fix Prime Earth continuity.. The entire thing could be a Snowflame hallucination, and then he snorts another line, and it's over, back to New Earth.

Prime Earth has had two reboots already since it's introduction, Rebirth when Mixy put the two Supermen in a blender, and the whole Perpetua thing.

For example now Superman is over seventy years old and losing his powers, apparently no one at DC had a problem making Supes like one of those creepy Twilight vampires, since that makes Lois several generations younger than him.

The Last Airbender exists as an academic example on how NOT to make a movie.
Pretty much anything in it displays how things should not be done.
Cost me a bet that film did. I bet that it would be more popular than the other film named Avatar. It seemed like a reasonable assumption; there was an existing audience of fans and the script was effectively written and tested.

Shows what I know.

MLP:FIM doesn't exist on Earth 16.
That's not a no to the anime songs~
Well in the story, Kalum, the SI clone, and Kara end up in the Wanted universe.
Wanted as in what the Movie Wanted with Jolie and Morgan Freeman was based on?
Sorry, I... I thought that Twilight666 might have been talking about the f-fffff...

The f-ffffff-.

The f-ffffffffffffff-.

The f-.

The film.
I am not familiar with the comics beyond that they exist. Assuming we are talking about the same sort of Wanted here. Is there something I should know??
"Jade, we live in the era of the internet. And I have a power ring with a scanning capacity. And designs for gynoids. If I wanted to see naked women, I'm spoiled for choice. But that sort of thing… Doesn't interest me as much as it used to."
Plus that incident concerning a poorly titled book shows he can just download it all direct to his brain!

I am not familiar with the comics beyond that they exist. Assuming we are talking about the same sort of Wanted here. Is there something I should know??
The film is an In Name Only adaptation. Some of Wesley's introduction is the same. Other than that it's completely different.

The whole premise of the comic is that supervillains eliminated their world's superheroes and now rule the world, able to do whatever they want. After a supervillain called The Killer dies, his old friends pick up his illegitimate son and introduce him to their world, put him through supervillain training and eventually induct him into their ranks as The Killer II.

That... Doesn't happen in the film.

Prime Earth has had two reboots already since it's introduction, Rebirth when Mixy put the two Supermen in a blender, and the whole Perpetua thing.

For example now Superman is over seventy years old and losing his powers, apparently no one at DC had a problem making Supes like one of those creepy Twilight vampires, since that makes Lois several generations younger than him.
Sounds like those were lines Snowflame was snorting.

"Yes. Ah, sort of. Technically they're serfs, but… Yes. It's not called the Thanagarian Empire because they're known for species-inclusivity. But I won't proselytise if that's what you're worried about. Just some site-seeing and culturally enriching diversions."
so i guess we are not gonna do anything about that huh?

It would take too long and they're a fairly stable empire nearish earth. He's in the middle of a war against a far worse opponent. He'll likely stop them if they get closer to earth, but he can't commit the forces he'd need to to overthrow it.

For the moment the best he can hope for is social change.

Workhorse (part 9)
4th October 2012
08:10 GMT

"Legion craft, you are cleared for descent. Remain within the indicated corridor."

Havania has nothing like the number of ships standing guard as Thanagar itself does, but it does have several large military defence stations and near-planet shipyards. The stations appear to be under the control of the Empire's military rather than local officials.

"L.E.G.I.O.N. acknowledges, Havania control. Course entered."

And down we go, into the atmosphere. Our ship is perfectly capable of maintaining a steeper angle of approach and a higher velocity, but quite understandably they don't want to take a chance on us suicide ramming something. Especially not the home of the planet's ruler.

"Why does she live in a castle?"

"It's not exactly a classical castle in the European style. The insides are perfectly modern. But when Thanagarians first came here they wanted defensible structures at high elevation, and it was easier to quarry stone using local corvée labour than to bake bricks or mix concrete. Now, it's tradition."

"'Corvée'."

"Technically."

"Given how badly you reacted to Zatara being enslaved, I'm a little surprised at how little you care about it."

"I reacted badly because I like Zatanna and respect Zatara, and because of the form his enslavement took. The Havanian native population were primitive hunter-gatherers before the Thanagarians arrived, and now they have access to technology they wouldn't have had for thousands of years, if at all."

"At least you're honest about being an imperialist. Didn't Truggs come back in time to stop that happening to Earth?"

"That was because it was the Reach. You know that anyone occupied by them gets exterminated eventually. Under the Thanagarians, the size of the native population has increased from the level it was at the start of colonisation due to better medicine and agricultural technology, as well as the elimination of internal violent conflict. It's like Britannia and Roman Empire. Besides, who around here is actually worth getting conquered by? The Ungarans?"

"Xudar?"

"Barely. They're mostly isolationist, so there's no access to any great trade network. They aren't especially skilled at societal management, and that's mostly what holds Earth back, so there's no benefit there. Now if Krypton was still a going concern then we'd have something to talk about."

That gets a raised eyebrow.

"Wouldn't Krypton have conquered us effortlessly?"

"Yes, because they were still empire-building a century or so ago. But they didn't really colonise in depth, so we'd get limited access to their technology without having to worry about our culture being destroyed."

"A century or so?"

"Yes?"

"So when the British Empire was at its peak?"

"Ah… Probably. Maybe slightly after its peak?"

Jade smiles faintly as she double checks our final approach vector.

"Landing zone sighted. What should I wear?"

"This isn't a state visit. Whatever you like."

"I'd like to wear my exo-mantle."

"You could. Thanagar is very proud of its military, and they won't be offended if you feel the same way."

"But Bleez won't."

"Thanagarian intelligence assets don't have a uniform. There's a formal mode of dress for Havanian nobility, but I doubt that she'll wear it. Oh, and-."

A minor eye roll.

"I'm not going to mention that you know that she's an informant. But do you want me to mention it if she knows that you know?"

"I'm pretty sure that she knows that I know."

"Then do you want me to mention it if she knows-"

"-that I know-"

"-that she knows?"

"I don't know. I don't know."

Jade lets out an amused snort as we land. Local custom dictates that nobles should only speak face to face while other communications are relayed via servants. Since we don't have a servant with us… Though I suppose that my construct lanterns would probably have counted. I think I could get away with direct personal communication, but now that we're here I want to give Princess Bleez the opportunity to decide how she wants people to see us.

Jade switches the ship's systems into standby and stands, taking a moment to shake out her outfit.

I raise my left hand slightly.

"Do you want me to-?"

"She's going to fly out wearing a bikini, isn't she?"

"Technically, no. Thanagarians aren't big on swimming."

"But as I've said, it's not a competition. Unless you want it to be, in which case, you win."

Jade takes in a deep breath, then snorts it out in a sharp exhalation. "She's pretty hot, isn't she?"

"Yes."

"Basic laundry, then-" I'm already running a laundry beam over her as we both get up and head towards the airlock. "-let's go."

"Have you got a flight-?" She pulls her blouse aside slightly to show me her kinetic belt. "Good show."

The airlock swings open and Jade confidently walks out, her eyes moving to take in as much of her environment as she can without getting distracted from-.

"Hey!" Bleez descends through the air from one of the upper towers, wings flared and body covered in what is basically a cut down halter top and a thong with streamers. She lands just in front of Jade and smiles warmly at her. "You're Jade, right! Paul's told me so much about you!"

Bleez makes a wing gesture of trust, extending the wing tips slightly in front of her so that she wouldn't be able to fly away quickly if Jade attacked her.

"It's so good to finally meet you!"

"I'm happy to be here."

Bleez turns her head to pout at me. "And I thought you were avoiding me."

"Perish the thought."

"Now you're here, we can-"

"Bleez? Where are you?"

"-get out of here before Mother catches up. Humans can fly, right?"

Last edited:
That's the thing. It's not that bad elsewhere in the empire, and tipping the beehive would make it an earth vs thanagarian empire thing.

They literally don't even have a space force finished, they can't fight an entire empire's worth of industrial capacity.

Also Paul would lose a bunch of reputation and wreck his relationships for behaving so rashly.

The Reach is different because they have made themselves the enemy of the Controllers and all the planets they're trying to screw over.

Thus Paul can fight them with a space navy
lol why aren't you calling for an invasion of Apokolips?

lol why aren't you calling for an invasion of Apokolips?
(Note: done in not that serious tone of voice)
Because odds are they wouldn't win even if he tryed Apokolips beat the greenies and the Guardians the first time and didn't suffer much for it. So it would probably require the whole Maltusian species at least to have a chance. (It doesn't help that I'm pretty sure that Apokolips is magnitudes bigger then Earth) Darkseid is a Monster when he is taking things seriously and not playing around like he does when fighting the Blue Boy Scout

"I reacted badly because I like Zatanna and respect Zatara, and because of the form his enslavement took. The Havanian native population were primitive hunter-gatherers before the Thanagarians arrived, and now they have access to technology they wouldn't have had for thousands of years, if at all

In exchange for basically being slaves.

"Given how badly you reacted to Zatara being enslaved, I'm a little surprised at how little you care about it.

He cared about Zatanna.

As long as an devil act doesn't hurt those he cares about then he may be willing to overlook it.

"Wouldn't Krypton have conquered us effortlessly?"

"Yes, because they were still empire-building a century or so ago. But they didn't really colonise in depth, so we'd get limited access to their technology without having to worry about our culture being destroyed

Unless they do what they did to Amalak's people and reduce you to an endangered species.

"A century or so?"

"Yes?"

"So when the British Empire was at its peak?"

"Ah… Probably. Maybe slightly after its peak?"

Jade smiles faintly as she double checks our final approach vector

Heh.

"I'm not going to mention that you know that she's an informant. But do you want me to mention it if she knows that you know?"

"I'm pretty sure that she knows that I know."

"Then do you want me to mention it if she knows-"

"-that I know-"

"-that she knows?"

"I don't know. I don't know

Ahh, the 'I know that you know that I know that you know' routine.

"She's going to fly out wearing a bikini, isn't she?"

"Technically, no. Thanagarians aren't big on swimming

But it'll still be a bikini, or at least very revealing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back