• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Preparation over Passion.

That is right up Pauls angle. Maybe he will be tempted to switch service providers?

Hephaestaean is a much better name than Hephaestian, imo

Zeus punishment is just :p

But Ares punishment is o_O

However, except for Metis none of his Titan connections were cut, right? Or are those tied to Olympos' throne?

If Olympus is somewhat conceptual, adjacent to the Dream, and all of this is at least partly GODSPEECH, does that mean that OL's little poetry jam affected the fight?

Does that break his agreement with Diana?

She is going to be pissed one way or another, nobody likes it when you set up a religious coup.

I can potentially see Poseidon trying something, but he may decide to stay away, seeing as Heph managed to beat both his brother and his nephew with relative ease.

Aphrodire may try something, but probably nothing like a coup, just causing some minor problems.
1. Remember heph's ascension isn't widely known. As far as Poseidon knows a cripple (heph) beat Zeus which means Zeus has become weaker and as such he can claim the throne from heph given that heph is a cripple and thus easily beatable

2. As for apho since Ares is now cast out and heph won't treat apho well she can try and succeed to cannibalize Ares to become Aphrodite areia and start new shit

3. Also a plot idea:- have the civil war between Greeks consumes the supernatural world and jl busy to minimize fallout. True darkseid sees this as a good opportunity to invade paragon's Earth, sends army under grayven (its also serves as to test his loyalty) supernatural community unite to fight grayven

OL just standing there singing that shitty song has just sucked out all the tension and gravitas this whole conclusion had. It was pure cringe grafted onto a good moment.
I could not disagree more with your assessment. That was GLORIOUS. The lines of the song so appropriate to what was happening. And the fact that Paul didn't get directly involved was a breath of fresh air given he's usually the main action figure.

Mad props to Mr Zoat for this masterpeice.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

They are immortal.
Hephestean waited millennia to exact his revenge. Does he expect Zeus or Ares to be less vengeful than he was?

Then immediately followed it up with some Zeus level vindictive pettiness.
Lmao you've definitely not read enough myths if you think simply castrating someone is equal to Zeus level fuckery, it's really not. I mean part of the deal with Hecate was that Titans get freed which cuts off a lot of Zeus's power and Ares really isn't that powerful to begin with, like Heph dealt with him in seconds. Ares relied on Heph to make powerful weapons for him and that's not gonna happen anymore, without a strong enough weapon Heph will just turn it to rust like in this fight.

So I wonder who the new Queen is gonna be? Or is he gonna go stag or smth? Will Paul get any rewards or anything a gift for giving Heph the throne? Pavlos Ophidia, God of Avarice and Change?

Good news, everyone! Ares' temple on Themyscira is getting rebuilt. It will include a large number of works based on Ares' latest battle.

That place is likely to see more attendees in the near future.

1. Remember heph's ascension isn't widely known. As far as Poseidon knows a cripple (heph) beat Zeus which means Zeus has become weaker and as such he can claim the throne from heph given that heph is a cripple and thus easily beatable

2. As for apho since Ares is now cast out and heph won't treat apho well she can try and succeed to cannibalize Ares to become Aphrodite areia and start new shit

3. Also a plot idea:- have the civil war between Greeks consumes the supernatural world and jl busy to minimize fallout. True darkseid sees this as a good opportunity to invade paragon's Earth, sends army under grayven (its also serves as to test his loyalty) supernatural community unite to fight grayven

I don't think Darkseid is that interested in Earth in this story.

So I wonder who the new Queen is gonna be?

My bet is on Athena.

Will Paul get any rewards or anything a gift for giving Heph the throne? Pavlos Ophidia, God of Avarice and Change?

I doubt Paul would accept, at least for now.

If he becomes a god then he may be tied to Earth and could potentially lose power away from it, so he may want to still stay relatively mortal.

Maybe in the future he'd accept such a thing.

Don't forget guys that Aphrodite is a Titan not a God she is considered an Olympian but by birth she is the child of a Primordial which would have made her a Titan that joined the Olympians and just got God in their name like Hecate.

Ooh, impromptu brain surgery. But you're focusing on the wrong head. You know he doesn't do much thinking with that one. :p

If Zeus thought with his actual head as much as he did with his little head then he'd make Reed Richards, Dr. Doom, Azmuth, Doc Savage and a lot of other geniuses look like toddlers with an intellectual disability.

Heh. A double surprise. I doubt Hephaestus existed before her little experience in Vore Fetish, and Humanity was probably still barely capable of smelting bronze...

Seeing as Zeus and Hera were married when he was born; she probably never met him before this.

Oooh, there's a challenge. Does anyone picture Zeus, without the intelligence buffs Metis provided, being able to complete high school, never mind a college course?

Well, maybe if he slept with his professors, as several people pointed out.

Kratos is probably the better option. Hippolyta's busy with Themyscira, after all

Though it may be good to have a war god that can control themselves.

:eek: ...Ow. Though... I could see Ares adapting that into gaining the Godhood of Involuntary Celibacy. His primary worshippers? :V Angry internet jackasses! It's a perfect match

This is perfection!

Ares, God of Incels!

And so the coup is done. :oops: Along with Ares' love life. Now, to see the reactions of the denizens of Olympus, and perhaps a happy meeting between a mother and daughter. And oddly, I didn't see OL's little poetic interjections as an annoyance. More as an accompaniment. Like having a bard singing during an exhibition pankration match at a classical party. Or as Iron Man once put it: "Some phat beats to beat my buddy's daddy's ass to." :D

I can see Heph potentially having this song played on the anniversary of his triumph.

Don't forget guys that Aphrodite is a Titan not a God she is considered an Olympian but by birth she is the child of a Primordial which would have made her a Titan that joined the Olympians and just got God in their name like Hecate.

That's not necessarily the case here.

For one thing, the Primordials and the Titans don't seem to be separate entities in this story, so she may be like the other gods.

And for the second thing, it's possible that she wasn't born from severed genitals.

In some myths she's the daughter of Zeus and Dione.

I could not disagree more with your assessment. That was GLORIOUS. The lines of the song so appropriate to what was happening. And the fact that Paul didn't get directly involved was a breath of fresh air given he's usually the main action figure.
If he'd had a few constructs singing along it would have been a proper greek chorus for a proper greek drama.

No, that's correct.
Add a space between them.
Where and why?
Does Hephestean think a knowledgeable weather god Zeus won't immediately try to take his throne back? Or is this one of those weird greek punishments that are never meant to be completed?
No, he can complete it. But that still only makes him God of Weather, in a world where they're building weather regulators.
OL just standing there singing that shitty song has just sucked out all the tension and gravitas this whole conclusion had. It was pure cringe grafted onto a good moment.
Yeah... Honestly, in my original draft, him singing that to Zeus was how the fight started. It came out of nowhere, massively insulted him and he started throwing lightning. Did come out like that when I wrote it.
Ares swings at Hephaestaean's exposed back, striking-.
...intercepted from the side by a mechadendrite.
Thank you, corrected.
That's not fair to the eunuchs, now.
I'd comment, but Rule 8.
Provided that the old version of his name isn't actually still valid to use, you have it several times in the chapter instead of 'Hephaestaean."
Thank you, corrected.

A correction:
catching the half of the hammer on the rim
"haft"

Now he smiles, and it's not a pleasant expression.

"But that means that I need to give you a new job, doesn't it? I can hardly leave you to your own devices."

He lifts the head of his hammer a little way off the ground.

"I think… God of Eunuchs."

He brings the hammer down.
A reminder for those who are surprised: No matter what Hephaestus is still a Greek god.

Everyone expected aph to cheat though, even Heph, it's literally her nature. It's the scorpion and the frog, you can't blame someone for something you knew it was gonna do.
Yes you can. Just because you know cats like pushing stuff off the counter does not mean you won't call your cat a bad kitty when it does it.

If you need an new war god my vote is for Enyo the Greek equivalent of Bellona.

Welcome to Olympus Online, the new web portal to the Greek Gods. Here on this innovative new worship resource you can access divinity from your home computer! You can browse our resource library to discover what god can best help you in whatever problems life or death has sent you, and what offerings and rituals are best to earn their favor. Network with your fellow worshipers, or eveb the divine themselves! Access plus members can even DM their favored gods and goddesses directly (Olympus Online takes no responsibility in the event of hubrictic downfall due to spamming a god's DMs. Artemis will smite you if you send a dick pic. Aphrodite will professionally grade it and post it online with a scathing review. Don't spam her for pics ether, just sign up for her onlyfans).

Welcome all, to the new age of Greece!

- side note
How long until our new Greek overlord frees Promethius?

Last edited:
Given the color used I'm rather expecting heph to pull his blow...

Only for Ares to be unconvinced as his balls have retreated so far back up that he'll need a surgeon to find them.

I mean, Yellow is about acting to cause fear, yeah, but that doesn't make it the color of empty threats. If you want to be properly terrifying, you don't make threats or promises, you just state facts.

I think while maybe the other guy who said that the song ruined it was bit far, I do think he wasn't entirely incorrect, because it does detract from the fighting, but I think more importantly, it really doesn't add anything at all. Most of the characters don't seem to react to it, and I think you could fairly easily just remove the song wholesale and just be better off. I didn't hate it because I know occasionally singing is what Paul does, but I expected it to be relevant. What I honestly was one of the gods getting ticked off and 'attacking' (more along the lines of "shut up" exclamation pointed by a strike) Paul and him using it as justification to be involved, as the scene kinda just portrays him standing off to the side and singing.

Given the color used I'm rather expecting heph to pull his blow...

Only for Ares to be unconvinced as his balls have retreated so far back up that he'll need a surgeon to find them.
I also hope this, because like a previous person mentioned, if Heph2.0​ goes through with it, it really feels like a "new boss, same as the old boss" pettiness that you can expect from the Greek Gods.

Metis takes a few steps towards him, more curious than cautious.

"What are you?"

"I'm a god infused with the power of a nascent titan. I am Hephaestaean, God of Technology and Artifice. And you are Metis." He gestures to the door. "You are free to leave or remain as you choose. Your daughter Athena is looking forwards to the opportunity to get to know you properly."

"I will stay."
How fitting for a goddess of wisdom, prudence and deep thought. Having read the Phantom Tollbooth in my youth, I wonder if her personality might be a combination of both Rhyme and Reason.....

Oh, that was nice. Sad that a potential tool against the Reach was lost, but nice.
With the existence of both Metis encouraging Thought, Reason, Prudence, Common Sense and Hephaestaean boosting Technological development to truly supernatural levels throughout the world, I think the Reach won't know what will hit 'em!

Welcome to Olympus Online, the new web portal to the Greek Gods. Here on this innovative new worship resource you can access divinity from your home computer! You can browse our resource library to discover what god can best help you in whatever problems life or death has sent you, and what offerings and rituals are best to earn their favor. Network with your fellow worshipers, or eveb the divine themselves! Access plus members can even DM their favored gods and goddesses directly (Olympus Online takes no responsibility in the event of hubrictic downfall due to spamming a god's DMs. Artemis will smite you if you send a dick pic. Aphrodite will professionally grade it and post it online with a scathing review).

Welcome all, to the new age of Greece!

- side note
How long until our new Greek overlord frees Promethius?

That kinda reminds me of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back