• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

(Walking towards Hephaestaean from the front door)
Tech-Priest Khornelius 3:16: I for one rejoice for the victory of our new Omnisiah and suggest a celebration is in order.

(Turning and heading towards Olympian equivalent of a kitchen)
My lord, I shall begin the production of oil margaritas as refreshments for all divine, demi-divine, and exalted champions that will no doubt be visiting soon.

(walking past a downed Ares, and briefly stopping)
Tech-Priest Khornelius 3:16: Divine Lord of Eunuchs do you wish for me return with a power dildo or a augmetic cyber-dong?

Any bets on how many classmates Zeus will knock up in college?

Are we including the male classmates?

Zeus is bi and Greek myths have had men carrying children instead of women.

Heck, in some myths, Zeus was the one that birthed Dionysus.

(Walking towards Hephaestaean from the front door)
Tech-Priest Khornelius 3:16: I for one rejoice for the victory of our new Omnisiah and suggest a celebration is in order.

(Turning and heading towards Olympian equivalent of a kitchen)
My lord, I shall begin the production of oil margaritas as refreshments for all divine, demi-divine, and exalted champions that will no doubt be visiting soon.

(walking past a downed Ares, and briefly stopping)
Tech-Priest Khornelius 3:16: Divine Lord of Eunuchs do you wish for me return with a power dildo or a augmetic cyber-dong?

Now I can't help but imagine that future rituals involving Heph's cult will involve his priests having sex with toasters.

Ohh, and any future battles they have will involve singing.

Now think back to the people that Paul offered the position of ruler of Olympus, will they wonder would've happened if they accepted ? I meant at least from Hecate's POV he asspulled items that would've been outside of her realm of imagination.

The lesson here, one that the greeks hopefully learned is that he offers you something then he's serious.

Did not see the end coming but 10/10 satisfaction.

Are we including the male classmates?

Zeus is bi and Greek myths have had men carrying children instead of women.

Heck, in some myths, Zeus was the one that birthed Dionysus.
Without further context, I'm going to assume that the ancient Greek myths are referring to pre-op trans men, with pre-op meaning before such surgeries existed in their case.

Here's my little take on Diana finding out about all this.

•●•
Her mission was almost complete. A few Titans remained to be inspected, but the hardest part was over.

Suddenly an image of Lord Hades appeared in front of her.

Hades: Diana, you may leave Tartarus. It is no longer necessary for you to continue this petty task.

Diana: My lord, has Zeus decreed that I should stop this?

Hades: No, this was ordered by the new king of Olympus, king Hephaestaean.

Diana: ...King Heph-Hephaestaean...?

Hades: Yes. You should also see the new God of Eunuchs, Ares, enter Tartarus as you leave.

Diana:...Paul, what did you do....?

•●•

The more crazy stunts Paul manages to pull off the more I would like to see the WTR version of the cast interact with canon version of YJ, sans Paul of course, because the latter would be confused or even horrified by the events that have happened and the former trying to explain things away because of their own involvement or lack there of. One of the reasons why Paul spending less time with the Team is as great as it is bad is that given his autonomy he's able to push all sorts of boundaries that the original cast would never do, either do to a lack of resources or connections, and how their somewhat static nature is what lets villains like the Light operate so well.

Just imagine seeing WTRDiana trying to explain how Hephaestus/Hephastian managed to overthrow Zeus as king of Olympus, as well as castrate Ares, or Hera divorcing Zeus to Themyscira's population growth to YJDiana who could barely accept Batman's plan of a black ops groups to run counter of Luthor/UN and the Light.

Or course there's the situation with the time travelers coming back in time to 'fix' things so their good present stays the same despite how bad the past may seem, or how unlike the GLC who seemed to let groups like the Reach continue to conquer civilizations there another interplanetary lantern corp and para-military group ready to stop them, and any problems with new gods from Apokalypse showing up to prepare Earth for invasion or act as a test bed for the Anti-life Equation.

Ouch. Will he do sth to Aph? Cause this feels if he only punshes him for the cheating.

I expect a divorce, but it's sort of her innate nature to sleep around so I doubt she'll be punished as severely. Probably he'll assign her another husband, someone insulting. ...Or maybe one of the Underworld gods so she's kept out of his sight.

Eh. I'm just tired of this trope where the cheating wife gets away with it. And the husband focuses on the guy. It's like, you weren't married to him? And if he didn't know she was in a ship then isn't he innocent? Though that doesn't apply here obviously.
Seriously, why the fuck is Ares being punished for Aphrodite's infidelity? I mean, like it or not, Ares doesn't owe Hephaestes nearly as much as Aphrodite does. He holds no duty or connection of marriage that was broken.

I mean, shit, reverse the roles here and see how fucked up it is for Ares to receive punishment when he wasn't the one to initiate the cheating and didn't betray the marriage.

And the fight absolutely reeked of railroading along with complete declawing and flanderization of Zeus

Zeus basically got his ass kicked and everything was wrapped together in a neat package. It honestly feels like things are now in full blown power fantasy, Saturday morning style where things always work out in the end and mistakes and fuck ups aren't a thing.

It feels like the narrative tension has essentially been sucked out of the story, especially as time has gone on.

Better hope Zeus doesn't decide to fuck over humanity in revenge.

Provided he has the power to do so.

In Greek Mythology, Zeus punished Apollo for killing the cyclops that made his lightning by making him mortal and forcing him to serve the King of Pherae. In another event, when Apollo and Poseidon tried to overthrow Zeus and failed, he made them mortal and ordered them to build the walls of Troy in recompense.

Given Hepheastean is now head god in charge by right of beating the shit out of the last head god, it would hardly be surprising if he made Zeus mortal when he banished him from Olympus.

Seriously, why the fuck is Ares being punished for Aphrodite's infidelity? I mean, like it or not, Ares doesn't owe Hephaestes nearly as much as Aphrodite does. He holds no duty or connection of marriage that was broken.

I mean, shit, reverse the roles here and see how fucked up it is for Ares to receive punishment when he wasn't the one to initiate the cheating and didn't betray the marriage

Ares could have just not slept with Aphrodite when she got married.

The first one, though these days he dresses up like the second.

Now I'm wondering if God of War exists on Earth 16, and if it does then is Kratos dressing up like his video game counterpart because he likes the look, or if he dressed like that before the games came out and he just somehow inspired the look.

Ares could have just not slept with Aphrodite when she got married.

Now I'm wondering if God of War exists on Earth 16, and if it does then is Kratos dressing up like his video game counterpart because he likes the look, or if he dressed like that before the games came out and he just somehow inspired the look.
Why is Ares responsible for Aphrodite's decision to cheat? Aphrodite is the one who was married to Heph, and consequently the one with the greatest amount of personal responsibility,

Seriously, why the heck is Ares getting castrated for a decision that was Aphrodite's?

Why is Ares responsible for Aphrodite's decision to cheat? Aphrodite is the one who was married to Heph, and consequently the one with the greatest amount of personal responsibility,

Seriously, why the heck is Ares getting castrated for a decision that was Aphrodite's?
It takes two or more people to have consensual sex.

It takes two or more people to have consensual sex.
But only one betrayed a previous relationship and the binding of her marriage. Only one person by virtue of ceremony and marriage owed Hephaestes a duty of fidelity.

And if Aphrodite didn't want to cheat, nothing could have happened. It may take two to have consensual sex, but only one can make the decision which makes the rest of it happen

"I hoped that I'd meet you here, Ares." Hephaestaean turns away from where Zeus is clasping his forehead to face Ares. "Did you really think that I'd forget what you can do? That isn't just a weapon, it's an engineering tool. Almost anything can be used destructively, but that doesn't make my forge hammer into a weapon of war."

He holds out his right hand, and with a small flare of electrical activity the hammer flies to him.
Oh thank goodness, they did plan for this.

The fly hovers in the air next to me and

Actualisation.

shimmers, shifting into a humanoid woman in her middle years, wearing what appears to be a leather and fur mini-dress. Rather than look as confused as I assumed that a woman in her position would look, she's focused on her surroundings immediately.
Nice to see Metis free of her truly unjust imprisonment.

"Justice shall see you where others have gone,
Delivered to those you betrayed."
Indeed

"I'm a god infused with the power of a nascent titan. I am Hephaestaean, God of Technology and Artifice. And you are Metis." He gestures to the door. "You are free to leave or remain as you choose. Your daughter Athena is looking forwards to the opportunity to get to know you properly."

"I will stay."
I hope it goes well, it probably will though not without some bumps in the road. Still, I'm reasonably optimistic.

"Don't worry, Father. I don't intend to kill you." He moves his hammer so that the head of it is touching Zeus's bloodied face. "But I find the concept of a weather god who doesn't understand thermodynamics positively offensive. I cast you into exile until such time as you graduate with a Masters in Meteorology. Only then may you return to Olympus. Do you understand?"
Oh, very humbling punishment, a very good idea, give Zeus a proper taste of what the world is now. But I suggest that someone keeps an eye on him just in case.

"By the might of my arm and the power of my soul, I declare myself Hephaestaean, King of Olympus." He looks at me and he doesn't smile. But he does give me a respectful nod. "This was a dream, once. And as for the rest…" He turns and walks towards the fallen Ares. "I dismiss you as God of Battle. I don't know who I'll replace you with… Hippolyta or Kratos, probably."

Now he smiles, and it's not a pleasant expression.

"But that means that I need to give you a new job, doesn't it? I can hardly leave you to your own devices."

He lifts the head of his hammer a little way off the ground.

"I think… God of Eunuchs."

He brings the hammer down.
Oh, ouch. Well, can't say he didn't deserve it. And now Olympus has a truly worthy king. I think things are going to be just fine.

It occurs to me that with the presence of Metis, and the unmanning of Ares, I wonder if the general level of intelligence and common sense among heroes, villains and in-between will skyrocket to an SI's level, if not exceed it.

VANDAL SAVAGE: .....I suddenly realize that a great many of my plans, both past and present, to ensure the ascension of mankind are COMPLETELY idiotic.

LEX LUTHOR: Wait, YOU TOO?!

(Meanwhile at Arkham Asylum....)

JOKER: ARRRGH! What's happening to me?! I'm actually listening to what the Quacks here are saying! I'm seeing reason and feeling guilty! MAKE IT STOP!!!

I mean, shit, reverse the roles here and see how fucked up it is for Ares to receive punishment when he wasn't the one to initiate the cheating and didn't betray the marriage.

And the fight absolutely reeked of railroading along with complete declawing and flanderization of Zeus

Zeus basically got his ass kicked and everything was wrapped together in a neat package. It honestly feels like things are now in full blown power fantasy, Saturday morning style where things always work out in the end and mistakes and fuck ups aren't a thing.

It feels like the narrative tension has essentially been sucked out of the story, especially as time has gone on.
That's because all narrative tension has been sucked out of the story and it is a full blown power fantasy where nothing ever really goes wrong for the self insert.

Provided he has the power to do so.

In Greek Mythology, Zeus punished Apollo for killing the cyclops that made his lightning by making him mortal and forcing him to serve the King of Pherae. In another event, when Apollo and Poseidon tried to overthrow Zeus and failed, he made them mortal and ordered them to build the walls of Troy in recompense.

Given Hepheastean is now head god in charge by right of beating the shit out of the last head god, it would hardly be surprising if he made Zeus mortal when he banished him from Olympus.
I see nothing saying Hephaestus was able to strip Zeus of his connection to the Titans in Tartarus.

And given it was directly stated there was no known way to actually do that, it would be more then a little bit of an ass-pull if he suddenly just gained that ability.

If Olympus is somewhat conceptual, adjacent to the Dream, and all of this is at least partly GODSPEECH, does that mean that OL's little poetry jam affected the fight?

Does that break his agreement with Diana?

She is going to be pissed one way or another, nobody likes it when you set up a religious coup.
Is this your first ever post since joining QQ in 2016? If so, welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back