• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Did OL ever fix Freddie's legs? Also, is this an opportunity for Billy to respec, splitting out the lighting-transform vs lighting-teleport vs lighting-as-a-weapon trio? Is there a reason, other than pronouncability, that the Wizard's spell is limited to six Gods?

The thing with Solomon and the baby - was that a test or an actual attempt? Wondering if there are parallels to the Hyperion story with the goat that Zoat's mentioned twice before.

Agree Barda would be a good choice to replace Ares.

I've forgotten the context for the Key joke. Any chance somebody could clarify?

Another interesting option is that Paul could stretch his war god search out to alien gods

Paul doesn't really know any alien gods, aside from those children and descendants that Rhea had and the New Titans.

Remind me, what's Himon doing on Apokopolis?

I think he was born there and he's leading a rebellion against Darkseid.

One of her powers is personal age control, Granted any loyalty to her father is an issue

Even if she can physically become an adult, her mentality and overall experience may not be enough.

Out of the most well-know pantheons left, there's the Roman, which Hephaestaean might reject because of double-dipping, or maybe the Norse. ;) And certain signs point to at least one god considering a transfer, perhaps? I'm sure we'll see soon enough. Perhaps Odin might be willing to arrange a mutual defence pact or something as payment for the services of an Aesir?
For well-known pantheons, there's also the Celts. Certainly less well-known to the public, but they have actually been mentioned a few times in this story, which is more than most pantheons can say. The Aztec pantheon has also been briefly mentioned, although I actually wonder if they could fit the requirement for savagery, since Aztec war often put great emphasis on capturing the enemy alive.

For well-known pantheons, there's also the Celts. Certainly less well-known to the public, but they have actually been mentioned a few times in this story, which is more than most pantheons can say. The Aztec pantheon has also been briefly mentioned, although I actually wonder if they could fit the requirement for savagery, since Aztec war often put great emphasis on capturing the enemy alive.

The whole human sacrifice thing could help them fit the role.

another once tried to cut a baby in half to solve an argument."
its really annoying that Paul mentioned this one without any of the context to the situation, and that Solomon wasn't going to actually harm the child.

But then Paul tends to do this alot saying something about the far past in a bad light without explaining the context unless asked

And LePaul already forgets that the Silver City effortlessly spanked him...

And Hera was much much worse yet you forgave her in seconds.
the Amazons before they got on the Island did some pretty bad shit, they only became how they are now because of the Island and the gods providing everthing they need.

Yet paul conveniently never brings this up

Remind me, what's Himon doing on Apokopolis?
Running a rebellion that Darkseid allows (not that he knows this

the Amazons before they got on the Island did some pretty bad shit, they only became how they are now because of the Island and the gods providing everthing they need.

Yet paul conveniently never brings this up
It's more that six of the gods create a highly favourable environment. They do still have to do work.

its really annoying that Paul mentioned this one without any of the context to the situation, and that Solomon wasn't going to actually harm the child.

But then Paul tends to do this alot saying something about the far past in a bad light without explaining the context unless asked

True.

Running a rebellion that Darkseid allows (not that he knows this

I think he knows this since in the comics he once talked to Darkseid alone abd Darkseid didn't hurt him.

That just screams that Darkseid is unconcerned with Himon.

Maybe Himkn is counting on Darkseids arrogance being his downfall.

Paul doesn't really know any alien gods, aside from those children and descendants that Rhea had and the New Titans.
He knew that eyeball god, though I'm pretty sure he killed it. He also knows New Gods, though I'm not sure if they're acceptable for this role.

The whole human sacrifice thing could help them fit the role.
You might be right, but since that isn't exactly part of their war (although it certainly was an objective of it) I'm not sure it would count.

"Say what? Also, on an unrelated matter, Herakles is an evil man who at the very least deserves whatever's happened to him, though I have no idea what that is."

This always hits me with a feeling of dissonance. Probably because I'm used to the Nasu version of Heracles, where he did no such damn thing to the Amazons. Nasu Heracles came in peace, Hippolyta allowed any of her warriors who wanted children to freely mingle with the heroes aboard Heracles' ship, and signed a trade agreement with the city-state Heracles came from. This was helped by the fact that Eurystheus asked for the belt to give to his daughter, so the Amazons accepted it as "giving aid to a woman living in a faraway land", and came to the conclusion that forging an alliance with Heracles was worth more to their people than the war-belt.

Then that utter bitch Hera ruined everything.

In the past before they came to their island.

Like when they conquered and butchered parts of Greece.

Granted most of that may have been committed by Hyppolyta's mom, so most of the modern Amazons may not have been involved.
Greek nations fought each other all the time. It was only a big deal because of how successful she was.

I've forgotten the context for the Key joke. Any chance somebody could clarify?
The Key was the one who tortured him to try and break him for the Anti-Life.
I can't remember what they're referencing there
The Key tortured Osiris, which included cutting out his tongue.
Yes.
Darn it to heck, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back