• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Hellish Content (part 20)
Day 22
28th March 2013
09:45 GMT

I… I draw my daiklave and the Sword of the Fallen. I'm not… Firing on all cylinders at the moment.

"You didn't think this place made me weaker, did you?"

"It was a-." My vision wavers like a heat haze. "A consideration. But I remember that… You can't handle pain. Powerful, but a coward."

He rolls the little fragment of kaahuite between his fingers.

"And that should bother me why?"

"The Sword of the Fallen-."

He snorts. "Is that what you called it? Really?"

I don't-. It's like there's this feel that I… Can't.

"I wonder what she could make out of you. She-." Focus "Did have access to your body after she ran you through, didn't she?"

I think it's time to call in a marker. Mother Box, contact Kanto.

Ping.

Oh. Okay, just work on it.

Pooooong.

Oh.

The First walks over to one of the support pillars and picks up a… Crowbar? Then he swings it-.

The support pillar is pulverised.

"Some very disturbing things live down here. The demons call them abominations. At one time, I thought they might be like me. But, no. Another disappointment."

"Is this all this is about?"

"I can't find the whore, thanks to Constantine. He'll get his eventually, now the other two aren't around to fight me for him. You took it off Ishmael Gregor, didn't you."

"Yes."

"When I found out, I had a word with his sponsors. According to them, Satanus was the one who supplied it to him."

"And yet… He's fine. Losing your touch, oh First?"

"Do I look like someone who belongs in Purgatory?"

He walks over to another pillar, crowbar at the ready.

"So… You can't get in. You need him to come out if you want to take a swing at him."

"'Colin Thornton'. You told someone what he's been up to, and he knows it. Which means that he's... Heh." He shakes his head, chuckling. "He thinks he needs to kill me immediately. Me! As if I haven't seen off more demon lords than his mother's sucked cocks."

This time he doesn't bother with the crowbar and just punches through the pillar. A fragment of rock comes at-.

A fragment of rock bounces off my armour because I'm too slow to parry it.

Need to fix that.

"Of course, if he doesn't, then I can just take a walk into his place of business on Earth and rip him in half. He is only half-demon. Like your kids."

The First smiles cruelly.

"It would be tidiest if I kill them too. And copy whatever their mother did to make them proper demons. Don't worry though, I'm not killing the horse. I wouldn't want her down here even if I could get her."

Paternal Responsibility

I walk towards him, swords at the ready.

"Oh?" He adopts a stance. "Yes, fight me. I'm only a thousand times stronger than you, standing in the place where I was remade. This should be good for a laugh."

"Yes, but you're still an abject coward, aren't you? I just need to ding you once with anything that actually hurts you."

His smile widens.

"I do hope you're not relying on that. I don't feel pain in this form."

Well, bother. On the other hand…

Sinestro? Agony matrix. I've finally found someone who deserves it.

No trouble at all, Lantern Grayven. But wouldn't it be better to wait until he is closer?

I'm far too unsteady on my feet to take the chance. If it even works on him. Right. Another step forward-.

The lift smashes into the ground behind me.

Ah.. great. I half-turn-.

"What is-" One of Simpson's robots has leapt onto him and grabbed onto his shoulders with its leg-claws while its forearm blades frantically try stabbing the First's face. "-this?"

I try spotting any others, but my vision actually goes black for a moment and my legs feel like they could give out at any moment. Settles the question of whether this stuff is good for New Gods, and also makes me a good deal more sympathetic to kryptonite-exposed kryptonians.

Or… Wait. I didn't feel at all odd when Rosacarnis showed me her little knife. The amount? Or my uncertainty? Or both?

Ugh. I-.

Sword up!

The robot strikes my daiklave and is sliced in two from the force of the First's throw, the halves banging off my shoulders hard enough to hurt. Yeah, he's… I don't know about a thousand times, but he's stronger than me when I'm feeling well.

The First looks mildly puzzled. "John's friend's work. Alright, who else is-?"

Bang!

There's a very brief flare of golden fire against the First's chest.

Bang!

And another, and the First is looking up towards the ceiling. Another robot, carrying an ornate bolt-action rifle.

Bang!

This time the First blocks the shot with his crowbar. It's got his attention, at least. I activate my aero-discs and float towards him as silently as possible as he pulls his right arm back and throws, the crowbar hitting the robot in the neck with enough force to make it explode.

I swing my daiklave at his left shoulder and he catches my right wrist one-handed without looking around, and tears my hand off.

Last edited:
"It would be tidiest if I kill them too. And copy whatever their mother did to make them proper demons. Don't worry though, I'm not killing the horse. I wouldn't want her down here even if I could get her."
Now I hope Princess Luna gets a chance to blast him.

Also, it's good to know that the Renegade had something just in case the First of the Fallen tried something. However, how effective it is remains to be seen.

Day 22
28th March 2013
09:45 GMT

I… I draw my daiklave and the Sword of the Fallen. I'm not… Firing on all cylinders at the moment.

"You didn't think this place made me weaker, did you?"
A pity. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually made him stronger, in fact. And it definitely seems to be affecting the Renegade. This fight could be a challenge. A rare occasion for both of them, really.

"It was a-." My vision wavers like a heat haze. "A consideration. But I remember that… You can't handle pain. Powerful, but a coward."

He rolls the little fragment of kaahuite between his fingers.
That may be true. He's certainly not accustomed to feeling anything he wanted to feel, I suppose. But the trick will be hurting him here.

"And that should bother me why?"

"The Sword of the Fallen-."
Well, unless he steps on the points as he kicks your teeth in, it's not really a concern.

He snorts. "Is that what you called it? Really?"

I don't-. It's like there's this feel that I… Can't.
Come on, it's snappier than 'The sword made from the remains of the Second and Third of the Fallen.'

"I wonder what she could make out of you. She-." Focus "Did have access to your body after she ran you through, didn't she?"

I think it's time to call in a marker. Mother Box, contact Kanto.
Huh, that would be an interesting conundrum. Did Chantinelle make use of that - admittedly weakened - corpse while she had the chance?

Ping.

Oh. Okay, just work on it.
"H-Having a little t-trouble getting a signal out of h-here, dear." Sadly, i don't think phoning a friend will be possible here.

"...I don't feel so good. I think I need a little naaa-..." That's just a little worrying.

The First walks over to one of the support pillars and picks up a… Crowbar? Then he swings it-.

The support pillar is pulverised.
Come on, wouldn't a baseball bat be more iconic? If you can take your time, have some style in the matter.

"Some very disturbing things live down here. The demons call them abominations. At one time, I thought they might be like me. But, no. Another disappointment."

"Is this all this is about?"
I dread to imagine what they could be. And what kind of treatment he's given them over the ages.

"I can't find the whore, thanks to Constantine. He'll get his eventually, now the other two aren't around to fight me for him. You took it off Ishmael Gregor, didn't you."

"Yes."
Thanks to the handy scrying-protection tattoos she got, of course. Pity John didn't think to get something similar for himself, but who would he trust to do them right?

"When I found out, I had a word with his sponsors. According to them, Satanus was the one who supplied it to him."

"And yet… He's fine. Losing your touch, oh First?"
You'd think by now, he'd have done something to the young pup.

"Do I look like someone who belongs in Purgatory?"

He walks over to another pillar, crowbar at the ready.
No, but you do look like a show-off, taking your time to monologue.

"So… You can't get in. You need him to come out if you want to take a swing at him."

"'Colin Thornton'. You told someone what he's been up to, and he knows it. Which means that he's... Heh." He shakes his head, chuckling. "He thinks he needs to kill me immediately. Me! As if I haven't seen off more demon lords than his mother's sucked cocks."
To be fair, as a succubus, she's probably seen her fair share.

This time he doesn't bother with the crowbar and just punches through the pillar. A fragment of rock comes at-.

A fragment of rock bounces off my armour because I'm too slow to parry it.
Ah, right. Helpless victim, no sign of being able to really defend themself. of course he's feeling cocky.

Need to fix that.

"Of course, if he doesn't, then I can just take a walk into his place of business on Earth and rip him in half. He is only half-demon. Like your kids."
I would assume the pervading magical field inside the building would make that difficult. Though the First would probably power through...

The First smiles cruelly.

Okay threatening the kids is one thing. But threatening a little Pony? Dead man demon walking.

Paternal Responsibility

I walk towards him, swords at the ready.
Unleash the Dad Rage! :V

"Oh?" He adopts a stance. "Yes, fight me. I'm only a thousands times stronger than you, standing in the place where I was remade. This should be good for a laugh."

"Yes, but you're still an abject coward, aren't you? I just need to ding you once with anything that actually hurts you."
Insert your 'Dio versus Jotaro' memes here. :D

His smile widens.

"I do hope you're not relying on that. I don't feel pain in this form."
Are you sure? :p It might just have a very high threshold. Why don't we start testing that out?

Well, bother. On the other hand…

Sinestro? Agony matrix. I've finally found someone who deserves it.

No trouble at all, Lantern Grayven. But wouldn't it be better to wait until he is closer?
You saw what he can do with all that muscle, Ringnestro. Do you want him in arm's reach?

I'm far too unsteady on my feet to take the chance. If it even works on him. Right. Another step forward-.

The lift smashes into the ground behind me.
... :confused: What?

Ah.. great. I half-turn-.

"What is-" One of Simpson's robots has leapt onto him and grabbed onto his shoulders with its leg-claws while its forearm blades frantically try stabbing the First's face. "-this?"
... :eek: What?

I try spotting any others, but my vision actually goes black for a moment and my legs feel like they could give out at any moment. Settles the question of whether this stuff is good for New Gods, and also makes me a good deal more sympathetic to kryptonite-exposed kryptonians.

Or… Wait. I didn't feel at all odd when Rosacarnis showed me her little knife. The amount? Or my uncertainty? Or both?
Don't sit around analysing, Conquest, get your ass up and conquer!

Right, still in danger, here.

The robot strikes my daiklave and is sliced in two from the force of the First's throw, the halves banging off my shoulders hard enough to hurt. Yeah, he's… I don't know about a thousand times, but he's stronger than me when I'm feeling well.

The First looks mildly puzzled. "John's friend's work. Alright, who else is-?"
I'm guessing he was egged on by Satanus. Looks like there's a coup in the makings.

Bang!

There's a very brief flare of golden fire against the First's chest.
Ah, sniper support. Doesn't seem to have done much, though.

Bang!

And another, and the First is looking up towards the ceiling. Another robot, carrying an ornate bolt-action rifle.
Classy. Doesn't mean it's safe from harm, though.

Bang!

This time the First blocks the shot with his crowbar. It's got his attention, at least. I activate my aero-discs and float towards him as silently as possible as he pulls his right arm back and throws, the crowbar hitting the robot in the neck with enough force to make it explode.

I swing my daiklave at his left shoulder and he catches my right wrist one-handed without looking around, and tear my hand off.
Okay, Grayven, I doubt he had any trouble feeling the air displaced by your bladed surfboard, you know. Size isn't everything!

Well, this is off to a smashing start. Also slicing, impaling and ripping. It's already a bad enough day when he's down a hand, and I don't think matters are going to improve from here. And unless there's more robots on their way, I get the feeling the First is going to take the Sword of the Fallen and give the Renegade a rather unpleasant piercing.

Also, it's good to know that the Renegade had something just in case the First of the Fallen tried something. However, how effective it is remains to be seen.

Did he? Looks like a straightforward ambush from the First and, unfortunately, Grayven wasn't really prepared. He has Kanto on speed-dial but that doesn't seem specific, or the Agony Matrix which he notes might not work. Honestly, I thought he had prepared a special recall spell/ritual with Sunset or a counter-ambush for the expected and inevitable betrayal.

At the moment, it's looking like the typical Renegade Episode Grayven's Suffering or Bodily Harmed section. Still, some of his best fights are when he's scrappy so it's alright, but for such a heavy-hitter that's practically always mentioning how strong and tough he is, he's always getting his shit kicked in, it's hilarious.

Does renegade have the magic absorbing tattoos that slowly feed on ambient magic to form his soul? I remember paragon eating a bunch of hell magic before and almost turning into a demon or some other crazy thing like that.

Does renegade have the magic absorbing tattoos that slowly feed on ambient magic to form his soul? I remember paragon eating a bunch of hell magic before and almost turning into a demon or some other crazy thing like that.
Only Paul has those tattoos. The Rengade's soul structure was created by the Father Box he got from DeSaad into a duplicate of Grayven's. Something changed after the Renegade went near the Source Wall, and probably changed again after merging with Grayven.

The Illustres has that because that's how he built his soul. Grayven has a New God Soul created by Father Box in imitation of original Grayven, because that's who he said he was. Besides, while the Illustres was indeed absorbing Hell Magic with his tattoos, Satanus had a trap setup to forcefully feed him more than usual and influence him that way, if I recall correctly, that's why he was behaving erratically and almost becoming a demon.

So I just realized we were left with cliffhangers for both 40k Paul and Old Man Paul…

Hm.

All of the alternate versions of the SI are technically left on cliffhangers. That's kind of the point, since they're just glimpses into other universes.

mm, fair enough.

anyone know what happened to the congregation? It was noted to be separate from the alliance of the just, but we haven't found out what's happened to them since the anti-life started iirc

mm, fair enough.

anyone know what happened to the congregation? It was noted to be separate from the alliance of the just, but we haven't found out what's happened to them since the anti-life started iirc
They're still around, if somewhat depleated. A lot of the members who were serious about it joined the Alliance to some degree as well, and quite a few of those who didn't were prioritised for killing.

They're still around, if somewhat depleated. A lot of the members who were serious about it joined the Alliance to some degree as well, and quite a few of those who didn't were prioritised for killing.

man, anti-life is bullshit.

power of god given to mortals, more like power of lame compared to big D amirite

Episode 61 1st renegade got me so messed up T.T I spent my lunch break figuring out what size a babies head has to be for a c section to be recommended as necessary to figure out the maximum diameter of his junk and I didn't want to I just had to know
39-41cm is 99th percentile for being bigger headed then everyone else who's usually 33-35cm and is usually recommended for c section or all the drug. So 39cm and up would easily send someone to the hospital but still convince someone they can try

Last edited:
Honestly? I'm surprised that the First has gotten as far as tearing off his hand, if he's keeping himself restricted to acting like an invinci-human.

The renegade has a history of telling Sinestro to "Garrick!" Upon which he gains momentary Lightspeed-With-Reflexes.

If he just needs to hit him once, and the First isn't using Reality-Warper-Says-No, then this should be just as easy for him as it was for Paragon.

The renegade has a history of telling Sinestro to "Garrick!" Upon which he gains momentary Lightspeed-With-Reflexes.

Does it work on him anymore? His New God nature rejects changes, supposedly, and I recall that the Garrick Formula infusions were affecting him less and less as time went by. So I honestly don't know if he uses them anymore or not.

Actually, another random thought, what happened to Jarhanpur. It was cut off from most of the earth, so is it safe?

I'm so, so happy to be back once again! This was one of the few QQ stories I could read, but now I can actually comment or Like posts again! Don't change your QQ email, folks, let the admins work on their fix first.

Well folks, place your bets. Is Zauriel going to appear in the Grayven timeline? He wouldn't be the first angel to make his way down to this corner of hell. This area would weaken him, but I can imagine a scene where he really interferes with this fight.

Also? This is not the first time we have seen anti-life crystals! The Tower of Fate invasion included many crystals... Well, these crystals in hell may contain a different portion of the equation? Eh... Crystals gathered by Constantine could definitely come from Hell.

Hellish Content (part 21)
Day 22
28th March 2013
09:48 GMT

AAAHHfuckingfuckfuck!

Blood spurts from my stump, splattering three times across the First's face as my heart pumps it out before my armour clamps down.

Agony matrix!

"What's that supposed to-?"

Dual Moral Standard

"FFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAA-!"

Okay. Okay. Looks like I can work through this… Ungodly aura thing if I use my New God powers. But is that infecting me faster, or-?

The First falls to the ground, frantically scrabbling to get away from me.

Not feeling too great myself.

"Nice one, Gray." Another robot drops down from the ceiling, Simpson's white-pink aura shining out of its eyes. "How long's he down f-?"

Shield.

A lump of kaahuite-laden stone hits my shield and cracks it, sending me flying backwards until I slam into a pillar! The First.. threw it from a prone position discus-style, and he was still able to get enough force into it to-. He's actually shivering with fear, but that doesn't mean that he's physically weak.

"He isn't. Agony matrixes hurt, they don't cause damage."

"Gotcha!"

The Simpson-robot darts out of the cover it dived into when the First made his throw -good reactions- and scurries over to where the robot with the gun fell. He picks up the gun and ducks into cover as the First hurls a handful of kaahuite chips his way. They smash into the walls and pillars like railgun flechettes, tearing gouges in the brick!

"Fuck me!"

He ducks out of cover and fires back, hitting the First in the left eye. There's the expected gout of gold fire, but the First doesn't seem all that bothered by it.

"We're in Masak Mavdil! You're using a weapon that conjures holy fire in a place definitionally removed from God's-!"

The First throws again, but I spotted it in time to try evading. The rock hits my shield off-centre, breaking the shield and causing a-.

I throw up in my mouth -ugh- and then frantically spit it out.

Causing my stump to flare in pain!

"Oh yeah. John said-" He fires again, this time hitting-. The First manages to grab a handful of kaahuite and used that to block the shot. No golden flare. "-he killed him with holy water one time, so I thought it would work."

"Please tell me that's not all you've got."

"I thought you had-" He fires again, hitting the First right up his nostril. That makes him splutter, but again, no real injury. "-Elle's Wonder Sword."

"It's a short sword and I doubt that he'll lie there while I stab him. If it even works down here."

On the other hand, the First's pretty afraid right now. I use that to fabricate a physical agony matrix which won't do a thing in the hands of anyone who isn't a New God, but I doubt that Father told him that.

Something crashes into the lift, and Stercorax… Steps out of the wreckage, followed by a squad of Satanus's cyborgs who rappel down from above. Stercorax… The place where I cut has been patched over by the same metal as the cyborgs' mechanical parts, and he-.

"YOU!"

The First come up to a crouch, ignoring the putrid green bolts of plasma the cyborgs are shooting him with. Looks like his anger has overcome his fear.

"YOU THINK YOU'RE INVULNERABLE TO ME!?"

Stercorax dashes-. "Stercorax!"

He glances towards me and I throw him the agony matrix. He catches it and accelerates, the First's thrown stones hitting his chest and head and failing to even knock him back.

"Hit him with it!"

"No no!"

The First gets to his feet and runs, while I-.

Ugh.

I collapse to my knees.

"Don't worry! I can make you a new hand."

"Just get my-." I spot my severed hand about half a second before Stercorax stamps on it. I liked that hand. "It'll grow back in a couple of weeks."

New hand.

Certainly, Lantern.

"Do you actually have a plan?"

"Hit him until he dies."

Simpson, Satanus, Rosacarnis-. "Is Neron here too?"

"Him and his people are handling the guards. You know, if you give me the Sword-."

"Fuck off." Ugh. "Do you have a good way to get rid of kaahuite?"

"Tweezers? It's not really a problem for demons." Marvellous. "How about we hold his attention while you stab-?"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW..!"

"Him?"

The floor in front of us ceases to exist, and Simpson and I scramble backwards as… A thing rises up from below.

"Yeah, that's… That's an abomination. If you were wondering."

Three heads twitching and spasming in agony, two sets of wings which I suspect were once pearly white flapping spasmodically, six arms reaching desperately for something, nails replaced with kaahuite talons, torsos merged and legs… stitched into one tail-like limb.

"No. That's a fist-wound in the chest, and it's down one set of wings. Gabriel. And I guess that the other two are Remiel and Duma."

"Yeah. Pretty good work, reall-."

The monster swoops towards us, talons raised!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back