• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Well... that was anti-climactic. So much Godspeech made me anticipate some metaphysical attack or power that Grayven was gonna use to, if not win, at least gain an advantage. But no, it turns out they just needed to distract the First enough for someone to shank him. Someone not the big slab of useless and unsubtle muscle that is Grayven himself.

At least this time he knows to properly search for the First, the Demon Lords too of course, and he has a proper method to take care of him once he's depowered i.e. Assimilation. The First is a guy that deserves it, honestly.

Day 22
28th March 2013
09:54 GMT

AH-! Still got its claws in my leg, and they're shaking like its trying to saw their way out!

"What?"

Construct clamp around its hand and pull-! Ahg-! Okay, free. At least the nails aren't barbed, I-. Suppose.
Well, it seems the First is curious. The whole angel-abomination thing seems to have been a project of curiosity on his part anyway, if I'm any judge. And anything that pushes back his boredom with the whole place is probably quite entertaining for him.

What I've learned: ring-empowered armour can block it, armour on its own can't and my New God flesh might as well be human meat for all the resistance it puts up.

"Huh." The First -who is now entirely naked and flapping as momentum dictates- walks a little closer, looking interested. "Alright, you get a stay of execution while I watch this."
Learning going on all round!

"Thank you, oh First. I'm curious myself."

One of the cyborgs raises his gun and fires, the shot… Slowing and then stopping as it moves towards the First.
Ah. So much for using the Ace and its clones on the First?

"I was created before matter. Did you really think these were hitting me because I couldn't stop them? Did you really think that putting that metal in yourself meant that I couldn't-"

The cyborg drops his gun, staring at his hands in shock as they leave his control.
Ah. Just letting them feel a little bit of hope before he crushes them, eh?

"-do whatever I want with any soul in my domain? I didn't expect any better of Neron or the guards, but I at least thought that Rosacarnis was a little more intelligent than this."

The angel-thing… The kaahuite dust continues to pour out of its torso, its muscles are twitching… At this point I could probably grab the Sword off Simpson and put it out of its misery. Might just unmake them, or it might grant them incarnation as humans. But…
Honestly, I'm not sure which they'd prefer, given some angelic opinions about humans...

That fragment of the Source's power is interacting with the kaahuite. So it looks like not touching this place is a matter of choice and not capacity. Or rather, a default setting and not a rule, as the gun doesn't have morals or agency and so probably doesn't warrant direct personal intervention. So right now the Source is touching the kaahuite and pushing it out.

Ping.
"Which is a good thing, dear. Or were you hoping for an instantaneous restoration?"

It would have been convenient, but I wasn't expecting you to.

And of course the kaahuite… Or maybe the aura of this place not yet manifested as kaahuite, it's working on me. And… According to New God scripture, the supernatural abilities of the Elite like myself comes from the Source.
Well, the alternative is that the New Gods are just exotic lifeforms that lucked into a unique connection to an arcane energy source of some kind. I'm sure they'd be offended if someone suggested that, though. :p

So in theory I can handle this link.

Marvellous.
Let's not go poking exotic energies you don't know anything about, Renegade. More than you have already, anyway.

I look down to see the First splitting his attention between the convulsing combo angel and the cyborg who shot at him, who he is currently forcing to pull his own right eyeball out by remote controlling his implants. He looks-. Sinestro?

Great, if I have to get him repaired again…
Which is no easy task, given the source of the Yellow Ring. I'm sure he doesn't enjoy visiting the Weaponers...

Orange ring.

Your command?

Keep an eye out for me.
Well, it's not as smart, but I suppose it's much better at staying on task. Him not wanting to get interrupted...

Executing.

And I turn my attention inwards. I am Conquest and Direction, Domination and Betterment and that last one is not getting any resonance at all down here. Conquest… Uh, it's like Apokolips, battles without end or objective.
Because there's no-one providing any real direction for those fighting beyond 'hurt the person who offends me most right now.'

Relatively speaking, anyway. Good for Hell, bad for you at this moment...

Direction? There's a little. Simpson said that Neron was up above us, and the First said that Rosacarnis was around. They're providing Direction now and here, but they're not providing Direction for their people. They are tyrants, not rulers, not leaders.

Gkh!
Which is definitely the wrong link to follow, reaching out after Tyranny...

But Domination? Yes. The First reeks of it. A practical virtue shorn of the other things that would give it Meaning and Value. It connects him to every person and object here-.

"Are you up to something, Grayven?"
I'm impressed he felt that probing contact. I mean, it's not like the First has been dropping his own Godspeech, but he is on par with a New God in terms of power...

"Just wondering how blatantly breaking our pact was going for you."

"Bit of an itch. I'm not a demon, unlike my late and entirely unlamented 'brothers'. I'm not bound by the letter of my agreements."
Right. Big drawback there. He doesn't have to play by the same rules as the rest of Hell's denizens...

"So there wasn't some clever clause that I missed?"

"No. But you're here now, so what did it get you?"
Three weeks of finding weakpoints in Hell's civil and economic structures. And when you turn them the right way...

"And that thing with John's friend Brendan?"

He turns his head away from both the deflating angel and the blind cyborg. "You know what? I can torture an angel any time."
That would be Brendan Finn, yes? An interesting case.

But he didn't get Brendan's soul. So the mechanism that let him take Brendan's soul must have required something. The he.. could have just taken his soul whenever he felt like, but left it to the particular date he did for the sake of poetry. And then he was in too much pain from the holy water, so the spell mechanism just completed without his input and Brendan's soul was free. Check that theory later.

This is what I am, the part of the grand divine design that is Conquest. This is how I relate to everything around here. And the pushing away, the negation and the pain from rejecting the design is…
So, basically, he can let the rules apply to him whenever he wants to, but once they do, they're binding? Or the very nature of 'Demon' as a concept does have a tiny slot for him to hook onto when he feels like it...

Yes.

Thesis and antithesis.
The Light... And its Shadow. The former shines all the brighter because of the contrast with the latter. In a way, the First had to fall in order to make the Presence stronger.

And forming a bridge between the two.

"Oh."
...And as much as the First hates it, there is still that link between them?

Oof! The ceiling jumps down and smashes me to the floor!

Threat detected.

Thanks.
...Well, at least it did it's job. Bit late, but it did it. gee, if only the Renegade had learned the passive skill 'Ring-piloted autonomous evasion.'

The First strolls over to me. "It looked like you were having some sort of personal revelation there, but I don't really care. Say something nice to father for-."

1.1 Thou Shalt Not.
...Oh, I think I see what the Renegade did.

The combination angel is wreathed in golden fire, kaahuite implants wriggling out of its flesh and falling to the floor. One of its hands reaches up and pulls the gun out of the wound where I shoved it, the hole closing over after a brief plume of golden fire.

The First turns back to them, incensed and jabbing with his right forefinger.
...He found the dangling end of the angel's connection to their maker, and ran a figurative extension cord from himself, hooking them up to the Source long enough to cleanse them? o_O Or something like that...

"No FUCK you, this is MY place!"

The last of the kaahuite falls to the ground and its wounds seal themselves.
And now, they're about to get Biblical on the First's ass.

1.2 Yes, it is. But We are not.

Okay, I think I could sneak up on him with-.
Let's just hope the Renegade can hold this whatever-it-is together long enough for the literal Divine intervention to succeed.

With-.

I turn my head just in time to vomit up the black yuck that feels like it's coming from every part of my body.
...Yeah, definitely better out than in. Probably a side-effect of his natural vulnerability to Anti-Life and similar memetic hazards, thanks to Father Box's crafting of his soul. Bet there's subtle little channels for bits of Anti-life to slide right in past his usual defences...

"John seemed to think you were actually a threat to me, Gabriel. I think you're still a worthless cunt who turned his back on God to fuck a succubus. So give me a better fight then my brothers did and maybe-. Huuh."

He looks down to where the blades of the Sword of the Fallen are poking through his chest.
There's a time for gloating and taunting, First, and it is not before all your foes lay beaten and bloodied.

"Fucking… Again?"

He collapses, a smug-looking Simpson standing on legs taken from a cyborg standing behind him.
The least likely of heroes...

Feels almost anticlimactic, doesn't it? Getting all ready for a knockdown brawl between angel-amalgamation and the ultimate demonic precursor... :D And the weedy nerd stabs him with the sword of ultimate 'Fuck You'. So, now what happens? What will the angel (or angels) do? There is still that whole demonic rebellion thing going on above. I doubt they'd be satisfied with hearing 'The First is dead, at least temporarily.'

The second quote is missing some of the Godspeech.
Thanks for letting me know. It seems block quotes like that don't play nice with the spoiler box. Modified to remove them. To be fair, it has been a while since we've seen that much Godspeech that it needed revealing for our functionality-challenged friends with their 'midget computers'. :p

...Yeah, definitely better out than in. Probably a side-effect of his natural vulnerability to Anti-Life and similar memetic hazards, thanks to Father Box's crafting of his soul. Bet there's subtle little channels for bits of Anti-life to slide right in past his usual defences...
Father Box didn't craft his soul.

That was Renagade, but he was killed by Grayven.

This is just Grayven who thinks he is Renegade due to Artemis shooting holes into him. So his soul would have been crafted the natural way.

So I've been meaning to ask . . . How did The First get his power back the first time he was killed by the sword when it supposedly caused him to reincarnate as just a normal human?

Well... that was anti-climactic. So much Godspeech made me anticipate some metaphysical attack or power that Grayven was gonna use to, if not win, at least gain an advantage. But no, it turns out they just needed to distract the First enough for someone to shank him. Someone not the big slab of useless and unsubtle muscle that is Grayven himself.

At least this time he knows to properly search for the First, the Demon Lords too of course, and he has a proper method to take care of him once he's depowered i.e. Assimilation. The First is a guy that deserves it, honestly.
I think the "Oh" was him purifying Gabriel. Which would have been a good gambit even if Simpson was entirely out of the game like the First thought.

I think the "Oh" was him purifying Gabriel. Which would have been a good gambit even if Simpson was entirely out of the game like the First thought.

Was it? I feel like the angel purification was accomplished in the previous segment, when he managed to hit the angbomination with the Sword and the Kaahuite started pouring out. Combine that with the Ace of Winchester doing its thing (it was stabbed into the angbomination too) to burn all Hellish elements and apparently you get a purified angel?

Which is another thing, because wasn't it made from Gabriel, Remiel and Duma? So where are the other two?

Anyway, I'm just saying, he was looking inwards to try and parse the metaphysical tangle around him so that he could better use his New God powers in an environment apparently noxious and unknown to him (or at least that's what I understood). It was looking good, if the "Oh" in white is any indication, but he got interrupted by the First literally throwing the ceiling at him, which is fair, then the angel got involved... and at the end the First just got shanked because he was a bit distracted.

It would have been convenient, but I wasn't expecting you to.
And of course the kaahuite… Or maybe the aura of this place not yet manifested as kaahuite, it's working on me. And… According to New God scripture, the supernatural abilities of the Elite like myself comes from the Source.
Either you're missing a line break, or you have an extra one. Not sure which you intended.

Hellish Content (part 24)
Day 22
28th March 2013

"Hah! Rip my legs off, you-!"

The First snarls and kicks, shattering Simpson's new legs and sending him crashing to the floor.

"Chantinelle-!" His left hand moves to the blade-tips poking through his chest while his right scrabbles across his back. "Stuck me-!" He pushes the blade backwards and manages to get his fingertips onto the grip. "Through the heart-!"

Have I finished being sick?

Looks like I have. And up and walk over to the First, left hand on his shoulder and right hand on the hilt.

He stops moving.

"Fuck."

"See, normally I'd just use this position to negotiate a better deal. But…" I let out an audible sigh. "You're not a demon and you're not bound to your sworn pacts. And.. I.. don't actually know the ritual Chantinelle used to keep Gabriel's heart in one piece."

"H-."

The First spits out a blob of blood. Pierced his lung, then.

"How?"

"The Source was humouring you." I look up at the angels. "Unless you've got any input you want to share?"

2.1 We wish merely to remind him of God's love for all of his creations.

"You weren't there! You don't know!" The angel drifts closer, wings outstretched. "He doesn't give a shit about any of us!"

2.2 It is not now nor has it ever been our place to instruct the Most High.

He lays one hand on each of the First's shoulders, another on the wound in his chest and another on his forehead.

Crack!

I look to its left, where its other hands have just bent the metal into a circle, the wooden parts flying off in splinters.

The First sees it too. "That won't work! It can't! That just makes it worse."

2.3 Perhaps if we refreshed your memories, you would not be quite so malevolent.

A faint golden glow and the metal of the gun is shaped into a… Torc? Which the angel places lightly on the First's trembling head. He then locks up and I have to move the Sword in order to avoid doing further damage. The angel regards him for a moment and then nods.

2.4 That will be sufficient. You may remove the blade.

"Ta!"

The Sword vanishes from my hand and the First's torso and I back up, agony matrix construct reforming in my hand.

Sinestro, are you back with me?

Indeed. You appear to have coped without me.

Yes, but without your commentary it isn't anything like as much fun.

The First isn't moving. He's just sitting there… Drooling to himself. The angel takes hold of him and props him up against one of the supports, two hands glowing golden as they mend his wounds.

"Gabriel… Whichever of you I'm talking to. What did you do to him?"

2.5 He has clearly been broken by his separation from the Most High. This will remind him why he should work for salvation.

Or drive him mad.

"Listen, I was trying to get hold of an object that was in his possession. Do you know where it is?"

2.6 Your effort to redeem the siblings of your children is praiseworthy. However, we feel that you have not yet completed your end of the bargain.

"True, so… I just need to hand my report over to whoever's in control of Hell at the end of the month, and it's mine?"

2.7 That is correct. We are interested to see how you believe that we may more effectively redeem the souls bound here.

All that work…

2.8 Was that not the direction which you had taken your study? The First's requirements could have been met in that way.

"I can.. pivot it. Do you need me for anything?"

2.9 We will find you should we need you.

"Great." I turn away from them. "Simpson."

"Funny thing." Simpson finishes de-legging another cyborg, then hops to his feet. "The First might not be a demon, but I am. We had a deal, and this?" He waggles the Sword. "Is mine now."

I breathe in. I relax my muscles and patch up my armour. And then I stretch a bit.

"Mister Simpson."

"You can't just take it."

"That's an interesting claim because I don't remember saying perman-."

A circle of green fire swirls into being, turning into the mouth of a tunnel down which Neron and Rosacarnis stroll arm in arm. And just behind them, the Demon Constantine.

Neron grins fiercely. "Where's the First's body? I want to spit on.. it."

He sees the angel, and suddenly isn't quite so cheerful.

2.10 The First is being rehabilitated. No further violence is necessary.

Neron's eyes narrow. "Simpson. The sword."

Next to him there's a burst of light, clouds roiling away from the humanoid figure at the centre, who strides forth at once. Satanus nods to.. one of his cyborgs who was speaking on a communication device built into their right arm.

"Did someone mention the Sword?" He looks around and sees it in Simpson's grip. "I think I should take that. I have been sponsoring Simpson, after all."

Behind them, Constantine grins and takes out a cigarette.

Neron grimaces. "Lady Rosacarnis, my dear. Would you like to weigh in?"

She nods, freeing her arm. "I would quite like it, thank you. Ah." The three of them look at a.. Stercorax walks back towards us, minus his left arm and part of his head. "Good work, Druoth."

"'ank you, misthress."

Neron scowls, green flame billowing around his hands. "None of us are strong enough to hold Hell by ourselves. That's why we formed this triumvirate in the first place. I'm the one who will be doing most of the fighting, so I'm the one who needs the weapon."

Satanus nods. "You're doing most of the fighting because you're best placed to do the fighting. If I had the Sword, I could aid you personally, speeding up our conquest."

I sidle closer to Simpson, watching as cyborgs and Druoth each edge closer to him. "Give it to me and you live through the day."

"Done." He slaps it into my hand, to the astonished glances of the three demon lords. "Now let's get out of here."

Last edited:
The First snarls and kicks, shattering Simpson's new legs and sending him crashing to the floor.

Hmm, thought the stab would have made him human again.

Chantinelle-!" His left hand moves to the blade-tips poking through his chest while his right scrabbles across his back. "Stuck me-!" He pushes the blade backwards and manages to get his fingertips onto the grip. "Through the heart-!"

I guess that for some entities it would take a fatal wound to do anything instead of just a cut.

2.1 We wish merely to remind him of God's love for all of his creations

Tough love?

True enough.

Neron grimaces. "Lady Rosacarnis, by dear. Would you like to weigh in?"
That should say 'my'.

I sidle closer to Simpson, watching as cyborgs and Druoth each edge closer to him. "Give it to me and you live through the day."

"Done." He slaps it into my hand, to the astonished glances of the three demon lords. "Now let's get out of here."
The Renegade is so lucky that demons tend to screw themselves over due to their own nature.

Father Box didn't craft his soul.

That was Renagade, but he was killed by Grayven.

This is just Grayven who thinks he is Renegade due to Artemis shooting holes into him. So his soul would have been crafted the natural way.

I could be wrong about this, don't think I am but don't think it has be said one way or the other, but I have seen it brought up and want to make a statement that no one else seems to have it has been noted that it is heavily believed they have merged this comes up where when he thinks about he can remember all of Renegade's life and can call up Grayven's life and before that it was noted

Bolded words are the most important part
1st September 2012
16:07 GMT

Worlds… Chained.

That's what I want. What I need. Why using the Orrery felt so natural, and why I could find it where these primitives could not. Some ancient god built this mechanism to more easily control its creation, and now it is mine. Arms connecting orbs which both represent worlds and in some sense are those worlds. Bound together by a single will.

I'm not Darkseid. I don't want other people to be part of me. I want them subservient. I don't want to look upon my creation and feel fear at the sight of my reflection. I want to look upon my creation and see the ordered universe set in motion at my will. I want to feel satisfaction and the elegance and efficiency.

Apokolips was a pit. The more I saw of it, the more I hated it. Which was undoubtably why Father made a point of showing so much of it to me.

"How did-?"

The pretender's agent looks stunned, and without him interfering… I can dimly feel her, their relationship… Not an agent. I think he… Is this..? Love? I have no direct experience with it, but their bond is clearly not the domitor-subservient relationship that I'm used to.

I walk slowly towards her feeling out the hole in her metaphysique left by the pretender's absence. She feels strong, and their relationship stable. She can't be a Fury; Granny would never allow one not emotionally stunted to be deployed with a New God of any significance. Where is she from?

"He was inferior. He no longer exists."

I must discover for certain what happened, but it is not of primary importance. And I will do that alone-

Ping.

-and not-.

I look down at my waist, where a Mother Box is attached to my belt. His Mother Box, but from the feel of its spirit it will work for me just as well.

Puzzling.

I do.. not remember any instances of one New God killing another of the same nature and having anything like this happen. The orange avaricious light of his power ring interacted in some way with the Omega Force residing within my soul.

"No! That can't-. I can still feel him!"

"You feel me. Our metaphysiques are near identical. I am not sure what your bond was, but-" Sinthia readies herself for action, but I still her with a gesture. "-I will soon occupy his place in your life."

Her initial horror fades a little as the shock wears off.

"What's this-" Her eyes flick for a moment to the Orrery. "-thing for?"

"Controlling the Vega systems. You are aware that it is not a natural formation."

"Too many systems too close together, and too many habitable planets. And then there's the moat."

"Just so. Some ancient species arranged things so, and this is a relic of their work."

Though now that the pretender is dead, the destruction of his nascent empire in Vega is no longer necessary. Indeed, it may be counterproductive, especially if the Controllers take advantage of the situation in order to take full possession of the Orange Central Power Battery. By My Will, Be Still.

The Orrery responds, the movement of the arms and the spinning of the spheres slowing. I will rearrange the interior later when I have their compliance.

I feel the comparative lack of resistance due to the pretender's absence. A moment more and I.. connect to what he built. The patterns of devotion and loyalty. Strange, but still compatible.

"How old are we talking here?"

"My Father did not yet rule Apokolips. Sinthia, fetch the queen. She has an accord to confirm."

"Yes, my lord."

Sinthia leaves, the space around the Orrery itself distorting as the device makes an allowance for an object that has no equivalent in the Vega Systems themselves.

"Sending your bodyguard away." She raises her bow slightly to remind me of its presence. "Risky move."

"Not really. Your love for the pretender is now mine. Your soul and mine are meshing even now. Soon, you will not be able to separate us in your mind. Even now, you hesitate."

"You're not him." She frowns. "Or… Where did his body go, anyway?"

The disadvantage of strong servants is that they're not weak. A Fury would bow at once, but she maintains a sense of herself. Since she has, I suspect that an honest answer would serve me best. It is what she would have received from the pretender.

"I do not know."

"You kinda look like him."

"He was pretending to be me. Naturally, he would look like me."

"No, it's more than that. Your armour's more like his than it was a moment ago, and the bits of your face where you got hurt… I think they're his."

She believes that we have merged? I know of no records of that occurring, but only Father and myself have used the Omega Force. I truly do not know what could occur when two New Gods with the same God Name are involved. Given how closely he copied me, it is entirely plausible that he could have integrated it as I have.

"And you've got his Mother Box and his rings. Shame about the personality."

No, more than that, I appear to have acquired his ridiculous sword as well. And his rings. Could-?

Lantern Grayven, I would appreciate an-.
Clothing Is To Be Worn, Not Heard.
"What exactly is the difference between him and you?"

"I won. My fleet is stronger, my planning better, my metaphysique more potent."

"Yeah, but in terms of what you want to do. If you want me to work for you, I'm gunna need to know that stuff."

"You do not. You need to know how to obey."

"Sure, you're all about being in charge, but I'm gunna have to decide things on my own sometimes, right?"

Not unreasonable. I have chosen to leave many gordanian social structures intact simply due to efficiency concerns, and it is helpful that I can predict their actions based on those habits.

"From what I have learned, I am more authoritarian. I do not tolerate alternate sources of authority in my domain. No lesser kings, no nobles with hereditary titles and no democracy. Authority flows from-"
Hunter's Eyes.
"-me."

Something about that made me less able to feel her, and her expression is changing.

"Thanks. 'cause now I look real close, I can see the differences."

"Good. That will be helpful-."
Arrow Of Collegiality.
There's an arrow in my chest, and… Total autocracy is impractical in an empire of any size, what was I-?

"And that tells me where to shoot."
Arrow Of Fellowship.
Another in my arm. She's bypassing my armour. Ring, obey me!

I think not.

I stare-. No, this is Artemis, I'm not going to-.
Arrow Of Diplomacy.
An arrow appears in my left leg as I run towards her.

"Grayven was kind of an ass, but he was better-"
Arrow Of Uplift.
"-than-"
Arrow Of Self-Depreciation.
"-you."
Arrow Of Humor.
NO-!

only the important part
1st September 2012
16:11 GMT

"I'm-. Not.. sure. Either you merged together and I made sure that you won, or you got erased by the Omega Effect and I shot the other Grayven until he turned into you."

"Oh." That's… Bad.

"Do you still remember you? I mean, Earth Grayven?"

"I live in a mountain near Rifle, Colorado, and have adopted nine…"

I suddenly get a flash of Grayven's actual interactions with Mortalla. Of her talking to him after one of the walks he took with Father-. Darkseid-. I think she was actually trying to mother him, though… Yes, I feel his feelings. He didn't even notice.

"Nine children. And-. I think it's going to be easier for me to take control of Grayven's military… I don't think you're going to like this."

Nice. I always thought it odd that anywhere would be outside of Gilbert's grace.

Day 22
28th March 2013

"Hah! Rip my legs off, you-!"

Don't give him advice on how to kick your ass. He's had plenty of experience with that sort of thing. Also, he's looking quite lively for someone stabbed with a power-removing weapon. This might be bad.

"Chantinelle-!" His left hand moves to the blade-tips poking through his chest while his right scrabbles across his back. "Stuck me-!" He pushes the blade backwards and manages to get his fingertips onto the grip. "Through the heart-!"

Have I finished being sick?
...Ah, right. It doubt Ritchie knows that much about anatomy. He probably aimed well right of the real position of the heart (Hint: It is not near the nipple area, much less the armpit.)

Looks like I have. And up and walk over to the First, left hand on his shoulder and right hand on the hilt.
Not quite got him by the short-and-curlies, but it probably feels as painful right nor for the First.

He stops moving.

"Fuck."
Well, I suppose if you're already naked...:p Hardly the best time, though.

"See, normally I'd just use this position to negotiate a better deal. But…" I let out an audible sigh. "Your not a demon and you're not bound to your sworn pacts. And.. I.. don't actually know the ritual Chantinelle used to keep Gabriel's heart in one piece."

"H-."
And really, there's no reason to keep you functional, is there? I'm sure whoever steps up next will be more pliable.

The First spits out a blob of blood. Pierced his lung, then.

"How?"
New God trickery. Something from long after your time, I think.

"The Source was humouring you." I look up at the angels. "Unless you've got any input you want to share?"

2.1 We wish merely to remind him of God's love for all of his creations.
Oh, yes, that'll be so effective on someone whose hate runs soul-deep.

"You weren't there! You don't know!" The angel drifts closer, wings outstretched. "He doesn't give a shit about any of us!"

2.2 Is it not now nor has it ever been our place to instruct the Most High.
That is a good point, though. Even Gabriel came after the First's expulsion...

He lays one hand on each of the First's shoulders, another on the would in his chest and another on his forehead.

2.3 Perhaps if we refreshed your memories, you would not be quite so malevolent.
Handily forming a crucifix pattern, I'll note.

Crack!

I look to its left, where its other hands have just bent the metal into a circle, the wooden parts flying off in splinters.
...And so ends the current incarnation of the Ace of Winchesters.

The First sees it too. "That won't work! It can't! That just makes it worse."

Heh. Somehow, I don't think this is going to work that well, sadly.

A faint golden glow and the metal of the gun is shaped into a… Torc? Which the angel places lightly on the First's trembling head. He then locks up and I have to move the Sword in order to avoid doing further damage. The angel regards him for a moment and then nods.

2.3 That will be sufficient. You may remove the blade.
On the upside, he's now effectively out of circulation, pretty much forever, because there's no way he'll ever repent in this universe's lifetime.

"Ta!"

The Sword vanishes from my hand and the First's torso and I back up, agony matrix construct reforming in my hand.
The downside is, if or when he gets loose, and he almost certainly will, he is going to be Red Ring-summoning-tier pissed.

Sinestro, are you back with me?

Indeed. You appear to have coped without me.
Care to explain what that was, or are you as confused as the rest of us, Ringnestro?

The First isn't moving. He's just sitting there… Drooling to himself. The angel takes hold of him and props him up against one of the supports, two hands glowing golden as they mend his wounds.
So, basically just going to leave him down here soaking in the deepest pit while he takes repeated trips down memory lane? Seems kind of weak, security-wise.

"Gabriel… Whichever of you I'm talking to. What did you do to him?"

2.4 He has clearly been broken by his separation from the Most High. This will remind him why he should work for salvation.
...Sure, let's be optimistic here...

Or drive him mad.

"Listen, I was trying to get hold of an object that was in his possession. Do you know where it is?"
Oh, right, the book.

2.5 Your effort to redeem the siblings of your children is praiseworthy. However, we feel that you have not yet completed your end of the bargain.

"True, so… I just need to hand my report over to whoever's in control of Hell at the end of the month, and it's mine?"
Assuming there is a clear ruler by then. A week is a long time down here.

2.6 That is correct. We are interested to see how you believe that we may more effectively redeem the souls bound here.

All that work…
Not quite what the First intended it for, but...

2.7 Was that not the direction which you had taken your study? The First's requirements could have been met in that way.

"I can.. pivot it. Do you need me for anything?"
...Shame to let it go to waste, after all.

2.8 We will find you should we need you.

"Great." I turn away from them. "Simpson."
Shouldn't be that hard to get the Sword back. He is only a tin-plated nerd. :p

"Funny thing." Simpson finishes de-legging another cyborg, then hops to his feet. "The First might not be a demon, but I am. We had a deal, and this?" He waggles the Sword. "Is mine now."

I breathe in. I relax my muscles and patch up my armour. And then I stretch a bit.
Deal? ...Oh, you mean the unratified suggestion the Renegade made earlier to switch weapons?

"Mister Simpson."

"You can't just take it."
I rather think he can, even as wounded as he is. You are not any kind of strong demon, after all.

"That's an interesting claim because I don't remember saying perman-."

A circle of green fire swirls into being, turning into the mouth of a tunnel down which Neron and Rosacarnis stroll arm in arm. And just behind them, the Demon Constantine.
Oh, here's trouble. What's the bet the Demon ends up in charge inside a week?

Neron grins fiercely. "Where's the First's body? I want to spit on.. it."

He sees the angel, and suddenly isn't quite so cheerful.
Oh, yes. All bravado and piss-and-vinegar until you see something beefier than you.

2.8 The First is being rehabilitated. No further violence is necessary.

Neron's eyes narrow. "Simpson. The sword."
Ah, going for an acceptable back-up prize, eh?

Next to him there's a burst of light, clouds roiling away from the humanoid figure at the centre, who strides forth at once. Satanus nods to.. one of his cyborgs who was speaking on a communication device built into their right arm.

"Did someone mention the Sword?" He looks around and sees it in Simpson's grip. "I think I should take that. I have been sponsoring Simpson, after all."
Uh, hell no, to pardon the turn of phrase...

Behind them, Constantine grins and takes out a cigarette.

Neron grimaces. "Lady Rosacarnis, by dear. Would you like to weigh in?"
Oh, the rat knew this was going to happen, huh? Let them start a three-way war over the Sword...

She nods, freeing her arm. "I would quite like it, thank you. Ah." The three of them look at a.. Stercorax walks back towards us, minus his left arm and part of his head. "Good work, Druoth."

"'ank you, misthress."
Well, that explains who was in the driver's seat, at least.

Neron scowls, green flame billowing around his hands. "None of us are strong enough to hold Hell by ourselves. That's why we formed this triumvirate in the first place. I'm the one who will be doing most of the fighting, so I'm the one who needs the weapon."

Satanus nods. "You're doing most of the fighting because you're best placed to do the fighting. If I had the Sword, I could aid you personally, speeding up our conquest."
Oh, gee. Guess you'll have to work together, then...

Smart man demon cyborg.

Well, that ends that little fracas. Interesting to see the Demon Constantine playing 'trusted advisor' to the three of them. Wonder if this is what he had planned when he approached the Renegade earlier in the month? And what's the bet he'll be ruling from the shadows through them before long, since he's too personally weak to take the throne directly (never mind how every demon in hell would take that.)

2.2 Is it not now nor has it ever been our place to instruct the Most High.

Really? They're gonna let the First live? I wouldn't trust any rehabilitation of that guy. If the Angel is going to make himself responsible that's mildly ok, but that Angel is still made of Gabriel, Remiel and Duma and those three don't have that good of a track record.

I'm surprised that Neron got involved in this, green bastard has one of the biggest egos of all Demon Lords as far as I know. I get why Satanus and Rosacarnis might seek his alliance, they would need the muscle he provides, I just don't get how they convinced him. And why didn't Satanus call his other Sabbac pals into this?

Still, Demons are hilarious, typical crabs in a bucket behavior just at the finish line.

Really? They're gonna let the First live? I wouldn't trust any rehabilitation of that guy. If the Angel is going to make himself responsible that's mildly ok, but that Angel is still made of Gabriel, Remiel and Duma and those three don't have that good of a track record.

I'm surprised that Neron got involved in this, green bastard has one of the biggest egos of all Demon Lords as far as I know. I get why Satanus and Rosacarnis might seek his alliance, they would need the muscle he provides, I just don't get how they convinced him. And why didn't Satanus call his other Sabbac pals into this?

Still, Demons are hilarious, typical crabs in a bucket behavior just at the finish line.
The Super Archangel has spoken and nobody there is really in any position to argue with it.

Not the least because it could likely wipe them out with a thought.

Hmm, thought the stab would have made him human again.
Killing him causes reincarnation as an adult human, but you do have to actually... You know, kill him.
x3
That should say 'my'.
Thank you, corrected.

The demons wanting the sword to claim their own glory while Renegrayven offers an actual deal.

I'm surprised that Neron got involved in this, green bastard has one of the biggest egos of all Demon Lords as far as I know. I get why Satanus and Rosacarnis might seek his alliance, they would need the muscle he provides, I just don't get how they convinced him

I mean it's a chance to get rid of one of the biggest players in Hell that can stand in the way of his ascension, so he'd take it.

And why didn't Satanus call his other Sabbac pals into this?

The First mentioned that he knew that Sabbac lost the Sword and that he interrogated the demonic patrons about it.

They're likely dead.

Killing him causes reincarnation as an adult human, but you do have to actually... You know, kill him.

Yeah, but others have been stabbed or cut with it in non-lethal ways and still lost their powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back