• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Would you bang the avatar above you?

She looks like a young teenager.
I'm pretty sure that's just that specific image (which is from a cinematic trailer).

Card art:
bellona.png

Actual in-game model:
Bellonadefaultmodel.png

Cinematic model:
9a75e50b47ec08e2c382e125b34bcccb.jpg

Does this help?

Boob plate is a major turn off, so I can tell you my answer is nope.
You know, it actually tilts me a bit that you say this regarding someone wearing a feminine version of the Greek cuirass. This might veer a bit into off-topic, but suffice to say, the armour was originally leather which was fitted onto the naked body and therefore sculpted after muscle [and sometimes they even added nipples because lul] on men, and sculpted with breasts for women. It was due to technology and wealth turned into bronze or iron as time went on, but since only officers could afford the expensive armour they still needed to look like a part of the unit and so it was crafted after the original leather armour the rest of the unit wore.

TL;DR it's ornamental officer's armour that's not impractical enough for the downside to unit cohesion. Historically it makes perfect sense.
twlanuvium09.jpg
[/spoiler

(that's not to say you can't dislike boobplate anyway, but it's accurate ;) )

It looks nothing like what you're suggesting it is supposed to look like, and from the pictures resembles something akin to generic boob plate.

My opinion stands.

Also I haven't seen a woman's version of that cuirass before, although I'd appreciate links.

It looks nothing like what you're suggesting it is supposed to look like, and from the pictures resembles something akin to generic boob plate.
I think the gaudy ahistorical pauldron is what throws it off.

Different strokes and all that :p

Also I haven't seen a woman's version of that cuirass before, although I'd appreciate links

Don't think there's been any finds of those. The Ancient Greeks were notoriously sexist so it doesn't really surprise me.

I consider it a moderately accurate artist's rendition of the cuirass. Most of the other stuff like the shield and pauldron she has is all wrong though.

Edit: admittedly I should've probably written (and thus probably sculpted with breasts for women). Point is, it's an officer's armour, it doesn't have to be practical.

TL;DR it's ornamental officer's armour that's not impractical enough for the downside to unit cohesion. Historically it makes perfect sense.

It channels blows directly into the sternum and if the boobs on the plate are actual cups for breasts as opposed to being sculpted on the exterior, then it directs and enhances blunt blows to the chest instead of spreading the impact. If they're exterior sculpts, then they make the armor heavier and bulkier for no direct benefit. Boob plate is objectively inferior armor, and AFAIK there are zero historical examples of it.

Actual female armor looks more like what Samantha Swords is wearing here. And for reference, It's not like Ms. Swords is flat as a board either - here she is at a con in a Steampunk getup. You can make a triangular tent poking the 'breast' part of the plate forward a bit if you need to make room without sacrificing much structural strength, but otherwise, the armor is pretty much like male armor. Ladies would be expected to be strapping their tits down under the armor anyway.

You might be able to get away with it if the armor was meant to be almost purely ornamental, like that of several Roman emperors, but given the action pose in the first picture, I suspect she has more of a frontline role.

Sure, the armor looks good to me.
Sorry, fedora-Kakashi doesn't do it for me.

It channels blows directly into the sternum and if the boobs on the plate are actual cups for breasts as opposed to being sculpted on the exterior, then it directs and enhances blunt blows to the chest instead of spreading the impact. If they're exterior sculpts, then they make the armor heavier and bulkier for no direct benefit. Boob plate is objectively inferior armor, and AFAIK there are zero historical examples of it.

Actual female armor looks more like what Samantha Swords is wearing here. And for reference, It's not like Ms. Swords is flat as a board either - here she is at a con in a Steampunk getup. You can make a triangular tent poking the 'breast' part of the plate forward a bit if you need to make room without sacrificing much structural strength, but otherwise, the armor is pretty much like male armor. Ladies would be expected to be strapping their tits down under the armor anyway.

You might be able to get away with it if the armor was meant to be almost purely ornamental, like that of several Roman emperors, but given the action pose in the first picture, I suspect she has more of a frontline role.

Sorry, fedora-Kakashi doesn't do it for me.

That armour is from the wrong era, and Bellona is a goddess of war - she falls into this dumb middle thing where she's supposed to be wearing both ornamental armour as a commanding officer and be the single best warrior on the battlefield (which isn't even remotely realistic).

No. I do not trust that smile.

EDIT:Ah damn, got double ninjad looked in an entirely wrong page. Yes, I would bang that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back