• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Xenforo Addon Request(s)

I didn't much like the change to SV ratings, and I kind of feel we have better uses for our limited supply of cash-on-hand.

I've seen these various upgrades to plain Xenforo, but I haven't ever seen an actual list of possible purchases and how much they cost. Is there a website for that?

To be honest, i would prefer to keep it to likes/dislikes or some such at the most with text and not icons if you must do this.

Where is the addon that makes a special alert when the original poster of a thread replies? (SV got one recently).

Yeah, I have to agree to not wanting the 'hugs' addition to the likes. I mean, I understand why some people want it, but it just seems frivolous and not really worth it. I didn't like it when SV went that way, and I'm still not seeing a need for it.

Didn't he do the same with the "line between sticky and normal threads" one? ISTR that originated at SV somehow.

Never bothered with tags on SB and SV and I don't see the need here, really. Seems more a toy gimmick than useful to me.

I find it really useful on rpg.net, but haven't used it much on SV.

Not sure why. .

Tagging would be much more versatile than prefixes for finding threads about specific topics. Like say Category (Fiction, Non-Fiction), Genre (Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure, Horror, Romance, Comedy, Biography) and even Author if you want to be more specific than "Show All Threads By *".

I'll admit, there have been times where I have used the tagging feature for finding quests and fics.

It's nice if you want fics and quests for a specific fandom, like trying to find Touhou or Warframe fics.

I'm rather against the Additonal Like buttons. Pointless and takes up space. Also too much like copy catting SB. Perhaps instead Thread Rating?
Sticky First Post is also something that I would like to bring back from the original site.
Hashtags seem useful so long as it isn't abused. #Newpost #Lemon such and such.

And I'll toss in the usual amount to LG if he wants to start using Tags.

Tags seem like a good idea, though I've never made much use of them personally. My only compunction is that NSFW tags might break the UI separation between NSFW and non-NSFW content. But then, that's why we've got the prefixes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back