• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Xenforo Addon Request(s)

I'm unclear on what Threadmarks is meant to do. What's its purpose, which isn't fulfilled by just HTTP links to the same posts?

I'm unclear on what Threadmarks is meant to do. What's its purpose, which isn't fulfilled by just HTTP links to the same posts?
It's a tool for bookmark metadata.

The next updates ought to allow it to automatically make "Next" and "Back" links between marked posts and allow automatic generation of a Table of Contents.

Basically it makes it easier to maintain stories & quests.

There are now tags.

The XenTags addon is fairly complex and has a bunch of options/permissions I haven't yet fully gone through. Please do report any issues.

Okay, so I gave everyone the permission to add, edit, and watch tags. Each thread has a max of 10 tags, each tag can be 3-50 characters long. A tag is not required for starting a new thread, but you can add them when you create a new thread.

Pls don't get into tag edit wars, or I will remove the ability to edit tags.

We also now have threadmarks.

It seems that the publicly-available version of this is an early and unsophisticated version; Xon at SV apparently has a fork, and has said he'll soon be merging that back into the original version. Until this happens, the permissions on threadmarks are a little all-or-nothing. I've given everyone registered the "manage threadmarks" permission; this means all users can change threadmarks in all threads. Please do not change any threadmarks except in threads you own, or with the permission of the owner. If this becomes a problem, I'll remove that permission, and authors will have to request mods to set it up for them. (The "manage threadmarks in own thread" permission is apparently in the upcoming edited version.)

Says a lot about our board, I think.

pDiBJtr.png

Threadmarks has been updated, and now has a "mark in own thread" permission. Therefore, the ability of users to add threadmarks in other people's threads is now gone. If there's some compelling reason to add them without just asking the person who owns the thread, message a mod.

alethiophile

Is there any way to put the tag on a threadmarked post on the bottom of the post as well as the top? or add a button to the bottom of a threadmarked post to jump to the next threadmark in a thread?

No real idea. I kind of doubt it; things like Threadmarks usually act by injecting their code straight into the generated stream, rather than sanely by modifying the template system.

Has there been any updates to the Threadmarks system, the auto-next/prev buttons and whatnot?

Also I was wondering if it would be possible to allow the OP to selectively give permissions to another user to threadmark in a specific thread.

Whatever changes Xon has made to threadmarks have not yet filtered back into the upstream version. I'll be updating it when updates are available.

I don't think that kind of thing is really possible; only the admins have any kind of permissions-granting interface at all, so there's no real way to sub-delegate.

Any got idea when we can get a version of threadmarks that allows navigation buttons like the one on SB?
So much this. As it stands, scrolling up or down the page to the threadmark button is marginally more efficient than clicking on Page 1 and scrolling down the Index post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back