• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

Haven't read the thread to see if anyone else mentioned this already so apologies if it's been brought up a thousand times already.

If you use pg up or pg down buttons on your keyboard while in a reply textbox that is long enough to have a scroll bar it scrolls the site page instead of the textbox like it should.

The Users viewing block is a hell of an annoyance where it is and the gray on gray is pretty hard to look at in the current dark mode. Not demanding the old dark mode back or anything, but wow are the colors bad.

Listen, I appreciate that we made an upgrade and why. the moving options bar has some real use and it's nice to be able to search properly on mobile. With that said, christ almight is it ugly is there any way that, like SB did when it upgraded, we could have kept the aesthetic of the forum prior to the change.

Please.

This is hideous, generic, and also has way worse readability with how decompressed posts are.

Please.
Seconded. HEAVILY SECONDED.

Not a huge fan of the top bar following you down the page, especially since I either zoom in or increase font size to read stories and the top bar is so chunky and takes up a lot of screen space when you do that. Is there any way to pin it to the top like it used to be?

You can't check what threads a user has made in their profile anymore. Not great for a fanfiction forum, where you might want to check what other stories someone has written.

Wow, that actually pisses me off. There goes about 50% of what I use this site for.

The new design looks absolutely terrible too, even on mobile.

Can we just move back to XenForo v1? I think this is a case where the newer fancier thing is a flat downgrade.

Also, another thing: The header keeps scrolling with me, doing that 'stays at the top of the screen' shit. Can I disable that? Because I hate that. I really, really hate that.

Btw, for those who hate all three of the Styles currently available and are on Google Chrome, download the Dark Reader Extension and use it in conjunction with Xenforo Default.

This is what it looks like:

67b.jpg

and are on Google Chrome
remiq.net_9522.jpg

Doesn't look too awful, though. Way better than the current dark theme.

Ok, as a general thing, it'd be nice to A) Have the response/post box above the "users who are watching this thread" box, and B) have an option to remove the Sticky Header, like SB and SV do.

Holy shit THIS. Have the reply box as the first thing after last post, not the 'X is viewing thread' box. And get rid of that sticky header shit.

Last edited:
No, the mobile experience is awful, too.
Ah, wonderful.

Tbh I really liked the old look. I think it was closer to my platonic ideal of a web forum.

But really, how do I change the number of posts displayed per page in Reader Mode? I found nothing useful in the Preferences place.
Honestly yeah? Like the new design is... it's too wide. I much preferred when the bulk of the text was in the like middle half of the screen and not stretched across the entire window, it made it much easier to read stories. And that's what this site is nominally for. Is there any way to increase the margins at all?

Not a huge fan of the top bar following you down the page, especially since I either zoom in or increase font size to read stories and the top bar is so chunky and takes up a lot of screen space when you do that. Is there any way to pin it to the top like it used to be?
That's one of the few changes I do find a little convenient.

Things I've noticed on mobile android chrome:
You cannot select posts or threads made by a person by clicking on their name.
There are not individual page links under thread titles.
I can only like posts, not any other reaction options.

Also, thank you mods for the hard work getting us this far, and the further work dealing with the rest of the issues the switch is causing. You are doing great!

Wow, that actually pisses me off. There goes about 50% of what I use this site for.

Can we just move back to XenForo v1? I think this is a case where the newer fancier thing is a flat downgrade.
Nah, looks like they just moved in in XF2. Now it's a button next to Start Conversation on the user's profile page.

Listen, I appreciate that we made an upgrade and why. the moving options bar has some real use and it's nice to be able to search properly on mobile. With that said, christ almight is it ugly is there any way that, like SB did when it upgraded, we could have kept the aesthetic of the forum prior to the change.

Please.

This is hideous, generic, and also has way worse readability with how decompressed posts are.

Please.
preach it brother.

So, dark mode is so bad I have now decided to switch to light mode.
Also, as others have said before, the reply box needs to be above the "Users viewing this thread" box.

Other than that, how does the "Similar threads" recommendation functionality work?

check the edited post that you quoted, it is still there just in a different spot. Going to take some getting used to finding where all the old features are hidden now.

FYI: See All Threads on a user's profile is under the "Find" button.

Feedback: Skipping over the obligatory "It's new, I hate it" bit, my only request is some additional theme options. The dark theme is eye-comfortable, but everything kind of feels like it globs together into an undifferentiated mass with the current theme options. I'll be patient, however, as I'm sure there's plenty of themes out there just waiting.

I support this course of action wholeheartedly. I don't enjoy how threads and stories are done on spacebattles, they're not intuitive. QQ had a clean, easy to use model. Now. . .

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but rolling dice in posts seems to be broken entirely? At least on mobile.

Also the old dice tags don't appear to have survived the transition so a bunch of my old quest posts have defunct [dice] tags hanging around doing nothing.

Miss the Recent Activity tab where I didn't have to click through multiple different tabs just to see all the recent stuff that's been uploaded.

Really annoyed by how I have to switch between them now just to see what fics or comments or other shit have been made when before it was all condensed into one tab of feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back