• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Yoh Asakura Quest (Shaman King)

You probably need Itako techniques for that alongside knowing him AND they can't be reincarnated already.
It's not necessary, Men Tao has two spirits even without Itako training. We can get to know him when we start the canon, and it's difficult that he is already reincarnated.

Until burning say otherwise we have to assume that Amidamaru is still in the Funbari memorial just like in the canon.
Btw is this the stat info ness was talking about?
20 Strength = Able to use heavier weapons/armors.
20 Dexterity = Less likely to get successfully ambushed.
20 Endurance = Bonus Action
20 Intelligence = Bonus to Learning/Training
20 Wisdom = Closer to Enlightenment/Better results from Furyoku training.

With a mirror?

Granted, even HoroHoro does has a prayer stick as medium, but even then a mindless warrior just doesn't fit Yoh. And I don't think Misukane like being a Berserker, too many bad memory associated with it, especially how it was truly playing how her legend was twisted by the Imperial back then.
Three Words: Full Body Oversoul.

That and the Berserker style was meant to reference overwhelming power, after all she was one of the most powerful of youkai. I think only Shuten-Doji was stronger then her...not sure on that...now I want you guys to collect the San-Dai-Youkai

Who were the Three Great Demons? Google doesn't find them and I don't remember them except Tamamo. As for find them it would be pretty difficult, we would also need good mediums for them.

20 Strength = Able to use heavier weapons/armors.
20 Dexterity = Less likely to get successfully ambushed.
20 Endurance = Bonus Action
20 Intelligence = Bonus to Learning/Training
20 Wisdom = Closer to Enlightenment/Better results from Furyoku training.
Yeah, that is what I meant.

That and the Berserker style was meant to reference overwhelming power, after all she was one of the most powerful of youkai. I think only Shuten-Doji was stronger then her...not sure on that...now I want you guys to collect the San-Dai-Youkai
Isn't she more powerful then any of the spirits shown in canon (besides the Great One, of course)?

We need to get a 100 on ascetic then. Dai Tengu requirement from then wikia said only those who has undergone extreme ascetic training can summon and control him. Dunno about Shuten-Douji.

We could change the canon events, like asking for the Shaman Fight to happen some years after. XD

As now, on short term we should just train and improve.
As for long term objectives, they are these:
Find Shuten Doji (Probably Mt. Ooe, Kyoto)
Emperor Sutoku (Shiramine Shrine, Kyoto or Kotohira-gu, Kagawa prefecture)
Amidamaru (Funbari Memorial)
Sessho Seki:
The remaining thirds are in Toshima Tokyo, and Yamato Takada, Nara. You'll be able to collect them at 12.

As now, on short term we should just train and improve.
As for long term objectives, they are these:
Find Shuten Doji (Probably Mt. Ooe, Kyoto)
Emperor Sutoku (Shiramine Shrine, Kyoto or Kotohira-gu, Kagawa prefecture)
Amidamaru (Funbari Memorial)
Sessho Seki:
The remaining thirds are in Toshima Tokyo, and Yamato Takada, Nara. You'll be able to collect them at 12.

Emperor Sutoku IS Dai Tengu, which only be accessible to Asakura Family who has reached the peak of Ascetic training. So train ascetic until 100.

It's really him? burningclaw2 can you confirm it, please?
Btw Harusame for Amidamaru, something for Shuten Doji and Futsunomitama for Dai Tengu/ Sutoku as mediums.

This could be a good medium for Shuten Doji:
"Additionally, in the Nariaiji temple in Kyoto Prefecture, it has been said that the bottle and cup for the divine oni-poison sake are within its possession"

Well, there's also the version of the 3 great youkai that replaces Dai Tengu with Nurarihyon...
For Dai Tengu, perhaps either ascetic or Tengu mask will be good medium.

It's really him? burningclaw2 can you confirm it, please?
Btw Harusame for Amidamaru, something for Shuten Doji and Futsunomitama for Dai Tengu/ Sutoku as mediums.
I believe someone told me that Dai-Tengu was the third member of the Three Great Demons. Sutoku could be the Dai-Tengu's actual name for all I know.

As for mediums for Shuten Doji, ad Dai-Tengu, you can probably use specialize Onmyoudou Charms for them, which is actually Dai-Tengu's general medium. I think the Ascetic requirement was general so the Shaman could control Dai-Tengu despite being weaker then him.

This could be a good medium for Shuten Doji:
"Additionally, in the Nariaiji temple in Kyoto Prefecture, it has been said that the bottle and cup for the divine oni-poison sake are within its possession"
So a Gourd, a Mirror, and a Sword...is it me or does the look rather close to the Imperial Regalia only replace the gourd with a jewel.

We need to get a 100 on ascetic then. Dai Tengu requirement from then wikia said only those who has undergone extreme ascetic training can summon and control him. Dunno about Shuten-Douji.
I need things explained to me, what are the San-Dai-Youkai and how is Dai Tengu one of them?
I already commented that her remaining power is sealed within her Sessho-seki, and you have 1/3 of it.
So she is the most powerful then? (at full power)

Not unless you pull some godlike rolls out of your collective asses.
But we don't need to win, just bring Hao back. (Which might be harder).

Well, Futsunomitama is one of the regalia, and we can always retrive the magatama too for Shuten Doji xD
Anyway we have to obtain the mediums and the two spirits, plus Amidamaru possibly, and the remnant of Tamamo's power.
In total we should train Ascetic, General Shamanism, Onmyodou, Itoko (for Onis maybe?), Swordmanship.

I need things explained to me, what are the San-Dai-Youkai and how is Dai Tengu one of them?

So she is the most powerful then? (at full power)

But we don't need to win, just bring Hao back. (Which might be harder).
The San-Dai-Youkai or Three Great Demons of Japan are in order: Shuten-Doji the Ogre Cheiftan, Tamamo-no-Mae the Demon Fox of Nine Tails, and Emperor Sutoku the Greater Tengu.

At least in one variation of the story.

I believe someone told me that Dai-Tengu was the third member of the Three Great Demons. Sutoku could be the Dai-Tengu's actual name for all I know.

Well, I believe I'm the one who told you that in the Bondage Kirito quest. According to the legend, When Emperor Sutoku died, he got a lot of resentment against the Imperial court and became a demon, specifically the Dai Tengu, and contributed a lot in the fall of Imperial Japan court along with rise of daimyo/samurai. In other word, the one who started Sengoku Era.

The San-Dai-Youkai or Three Great Demons of Japan are in order: Shuten-Doji the Ogre Cheiftan, Tamamo-no-Mae the Demon Fox of Nine Tails, and Emperor Sutoku the Greater Tengu.

At least in one variation of the story.

We could always replace Dai Tengu with Nurarihyon, its the other variation. And there are even a variation that said it was FOUR great youkai, and include both Nurarihyon and Dai Tengu.

Oh fuck it all, we'll just pick nurarihyon too and he'll be cool like the one from the famous manga Nurarihyon no Mago: we'll also find him a cool medium or use The Regalia Jewel for him.

Well, I believe I'm the one who told you that in the Bondage Kirito quest. According to the legend, When Emperor Sutoku died, he got a lot of resentment against the Imperial court and became a demon, specifically the Dai Tengu, and contributed a lot in the fall of Imperial Japan court along with rise of daimyo/samurai. In other word, the one who started Sengoku Era.

We could always replace Dai Tengu with Nurarihyon, its the other variation. And there are even a variation that said it was FOUR great youkai, and include both Nurarihyon and Dai Tengu.
Bondage Kirito?

I will permit a Nurarihyon Demon instead of Dai-Tengu cause unless you guys focus on Ascetism I doubt you'll max it out before you move to Funbari.

So a Gourd, a Mirror, and a Sword...is it me or does the look rather close to the Imperial Regalia only replace the gourd with a jewel.
So it would be a different method of summoning then the doll or Harusame, and, using this method, can we avoid needing high Asceticism levels to summon him? Also, isn't the Imperial Regalia associated with Amaterasu, not any demons?
Well, Futsunomitama is one of the regalia, and we can always retrive the magatama too for Shuten Doji xD
Anyway we have to obtain the mediums and the two spirits, plus Amidamaru possibly, and the remnant of Tamamo's power.
In total we should train Ascetic, General Shamanism, Onmyodou, Itoko (for Onis maybe?), Swordmanship.
How are we supposed to do all that? We are having trouble just getting enough Furyoku for our current spirit. I think we may have to drop Amidamaru if we plan to go after the other great demons, and we might still have to drop him regardless.
Emperor Sutoku IS Dai Tengu, which only be accessible to Asakura Family who has reached the peak of Ascetic training. So train ascetic until 100.
I doubt we will have to go that high. Extreme training is different from the maximum level possible, although I agree that we will need a high Asceticism level (at least 50, maybe?) before we can summon him normally.

Nurarihyon?

Even if we don't pick Amidamaru I would still like to have all the four youkai and good mediums for them; I would like Harusame but that implies that we pick Amidamaru too.
As for Dai Tengu we could train somewhat Ascetism in future if necessary, and obtain him after Funbari, maybe if we go to hell for something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back