• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Yoh Asakura Quest (Shaman King)

Done, I fixed it. Just a thing: we didn't gain any techniques from the Ascetic Training? (Like a God class subjugation one, etc) Also, no presents or will we receive something later, after the Osorezan Revoir Arc?
It's Kind of pointless as you only have a Demon-type of Spirit.

Isn't Tamamo a kami class too? o_O
Also they could be useful, like against Shamash or Spirit of Fire who are both Kami class.
No presents?
She is, but that is like her Rank as a Spirit. She is a Demon/Evil Type of Fox Spirit.

A God Type of Spirit would be like Badh. A spirit that is worshipped as if they are a god. Also Thor would fit in this Typing.

So, no techniques? T_T
What is Commune with Nature? Mountain Climbing has any utility? Does Art rank up every 30 points in a roll?

[x]Tell me about my brother. How did you meet him? What did he go insane? Who is his partner? Who are you? What to do you like?

So we need a god type.

Hao has Reishi wait so you mean he's yet another people are evil well intentioned extremist from the quality of people hearts

So, no techniques? T_T
What is Commune with Nature? Mountain Climbing has any utility? Does Art rank up every 30 points in a roll?
Nothing you'd be able to use.

Its the onmyoudou skill, which buffs dodge rolls. Mountain Climbing can increase Endurance, Strength, Dexterity, and Wisdom. Art ranks up every 20, and I miscounted.

Nothing you'd be able to use.

Its the onmyoudou skill, which buffs dodge rolls. Mountain Climbing can increase Endurance, Strength, Dexterity, and Wisdom. Art ranks up every 20, and I miscounted.
How does that roll work and does master Ascetism give a modifier to it? Also we can free hand perfect circles and lines?

[X] Just blurt it out. "you know my brother? where is he? is he ok? did he get adopted? why don't the rest of my family want to talk about him"

because honestly even though we're prodigy Yoh, i really don't see him being as well mannered as Valenshin's Vote, as he's 10.
Also we have the Loner trait so i doubt we have enough soical ability to interact with someone that calmly/smoothly.

[X] Just blurt it out. "you know my brother? where is he? is he ok? did he get adopted? why don't the rest of my family want to talk about him"

because honestly even though we're prodigy Yoh, i really don't see him being as well mannered as Valenshin's Vote, as he's 10.
Also we have the Loner trait so i doubt we have enough soical ability to interact with someone that calmly/smoothly.
And you only have 10 points in Noble Etiquette.

Hey, burningclaw2 , just asking, but I've just noticed that we don't have any technique from Ascetics training. Is Ascetics only gives us bonus in travelling treacherous field ? Granted, it will be extremely useful in SK.

Hey, burningclaw2 , just asking, but I've just noticed that we don't have any technique from Ascetics training. Is Ascetics only gives us bonus in travelling treacherous field ? Granted, it will be extremely useful in SK.
Ascetics don't really have unique techniques, except their passive trait and their Dai-Tengu.

An Ascetic's strength is their strength of will to complete their pilgrimages and their powerful bodies. They are amongst the more physically powerful of the various types of Shamans. It's why Yoh's dad fought unarmed.

[X] I know that I have a brother. even if no one will talk about him, but you knew him so can you tell me what he was like when you knew him,
a straightforward request without flowery language seems to fit

I can try, it depends on how fast burning updates. Although, could you toss me some ideas? I am running low on inspiration.

right it's to late now but I only saw this after the update
ideas

golden sun a character meditates until there too weak to move to reach enlightenment.
and
Darwin awards, a how to guide to reaching the Summit for Shamans
before finally
A new age the birth of the Ascetic, I CAST FIST

[X] Ah... Matamune-san, was it? Sorry if I cause you some trouble, but I would like to ask you some questions. You must first know something that even my parents don't know: I have the Reishi, which lets me read the heart of others: I read about it time ago in a book. Because of it I couldn't help but see that you think that I share a resemblance to Hao, and well... I would like to ask you if you can tell me something about him, like how he was, when you meet him, what he was famous for, etc.. that kind of things. I would also like to know why he became insane (...even if I don't think he is insane*...), since I'm sure that the rest of my family isn't eager to answer my questions. Tamamo, I also ask you to forgive me for not telling you before, but I wasn't ready: I just told now to Matamune-san because I have to know.

*The part in the parenthesis is something he is thinking, he doesn't say it aloud.

I like Valeshin's vote. It might be a bit flowery in the language, but that can be kind of explained by the only contact we have had outside of our family before being Tamamo, so we are treating Matamune with the same respect we would her. I also like how Valeshin's vote doesn't leave Tamamo out entirely, I would hate to have her suddenly worry that we are more interested in our brother than her. Although it could be pretty funny if she does start thinking that.

Last edited:

This one feels more natural and IC for the current Yoh.

Guys, just a thing: even if we don't go with flowery language, we should at least put it in a courteous
way: we are japanese, and we just met Matamune, so we show at least a little of respect. We are a kid, true, but they teach you these kind of things early in Japan. Also, if we ask our questions without "prepare" him he will be confused at how we know of our brother since our family tried to hide it, and how we know that he knew Hao: blurting all the questions together is useless, it's better to go for a single one or two that cover more about him: in other words, we just ask Matamune to tell us about him. Matamune doesn't know how to bring back Hao, otherwise he would have done it long ago. We don't know if he knows about Hao's spirit: we see that the rest of our family saw his spirit when Hao was born, but we never get to know if Matamune has information about it.

[X] Ah... Matamune-san, was it? Sorry if I cause you some trouble, but I would like to ask you some questions. You must first know something that even my parents don't know: I have the Reishi, which lets me read the heart of others: I read about it time ago in a book; While it's useful I always found it... Too powerful: it let me rip apart the secrets of others, which I try to avoid. I couldn't help however to see that you think that I share a resemblance to Hao, and well... I would like to ask you if you can tell me something about him, since I'm sure that the rest of my family isn't eager to do so. Tamamo, I also ask you to forgive me for not telling you before, but I wasn't ready: I just told now to Matamune-san because I have to know.

man, I look at this Yoh, and I look at what our fiancé is like, and I can't help but feel that Hao will be totally bisexual for both Yoh and his fiancé.

^ He also said where do you start. ;)
Also, some questions are useless since either we know already about them, they aren't linked to Hao himself or we don't know certain facts.

^ He also said where do you start. ;)
Also, some questions are useless since either we know already about them, they aren't linked to Hao himself or we don't know certain facts.

we have no social ability other than to vaguely know how to talk to nobles, 'Prepping' him wouldn't occur to us and just suddenly going into a detailed expose about the Reishi, mentioning we read it in a book and how we use it seems pretty OOC

There isn't really any detail: the book may have mentioned what Reishi do and Yoh associated his ability with it, nothing complex. Japanese talks in that way, it isn't something about nobles -.- Since Yoh isn't really good at social things he naturally comes a little bit forceful and proper in his formal talk: it's pretty normal, he isn't really using any big word; you have to remember in what society he lives in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back