• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
So would you say purple/respect is the center of the Alternate spectrum like will/green is in the regular dc verse?
Respect was explicitly stated to be at the edge of the spectrum. Discontent is the middle.
Correct. It has a way of corrupting your thinking. You tend to not pay much mind to things you don't respect, or care much about the people you don't respect.
Also any idea on what the symbol for the respect ring would be? Cause I came up with one for glory/gold that's a triangle with the classic lantern circle/center at the tip then two prongs curving up from the circle to form "arms" kinda like a simplified trophy
I am happy to accept suggestions for any of the symbols. Especially Puce.

I am happy to accept suggestions for any of the symbols. Especially Puce.

I spend like 10 mins on this.
I'm a business Student, so someone should be able to top this.

WQjwEAj.png

7x9fjwQ.png

HfGvUlj.png

G9UDz9k.png

If you can see that, awesome. I'm trying everything, head-tilt, squinting, head-tilt and squinting, looking at it quickly, etc. And I can't see anything except a person's lower half. With a target on their groin.

Which, I suppose, is fitting given that this particular Corps is based on being kind of a dick.

I just can't see how you get a middle-finger from it.

If you can see that, awesome. I'm trying everything, head-tilt, squinting, head-tilt and squinting, looking at it quickly, etc. And I can't see anything except a person's lower half. With a target on their groin.

Which, I suppose, is fitting given that this particular Corps is based on being kind of a dick.

I just can't see how you get a middle-finger from it.

That's art in a nut shell.

I mean, if you wanted it to be clear, you could just rip-off the Black Lantern's' design and just make a small alteration.
i6Zgvgc.png
2nd Issue: Every Lantern Symbol besides White and Black includes a circle, rather than the large triangle.

Not quite. Each of the two parallel lines that make a single bands are what I mean by a stripe? So the top as it was, but the bottom with twice the number of... Legs, I guess?

If my explanation is too unclear I will do a low-effort demonstration when I get home. And probably work on another chapter come to think of it.

Not quite. Each of the two parallel lines that make a single bands are what I mean by a stripe? So the top as it was, but the bottom with twice the number of... Legs, I guess?

If my explanation is too unclear I will do a low-effort demonstration when I get home. And probably work on another chapter come to think of it.

Attempt 3?

51gX94V.png

g82ACpX.png

OnRIQxb.png

Do not necro. This is against Rule 7.
So much edginess...so much edge.

Behold the power of MS paint! This logo design actually took a surprisingly long time to produce, but I have done so for absolutely no discernible reason. Because I felt like it.
That is much closer to what I pictured in my head.
Now you just need to fill it up with various shades of... Puce, I think it was? That would be awesome. I would offer to do so, but I have zero artistic tendencies.

Now you just need to fill it up with various shades of... Puce, I think it was? That would be awesome. I would offer to do so, but I have zero artistic tendencies.
Then try to fuck up doing it in the most obnoxious way possible; it is the only way it could ever have been fitting.

...just found this fic. Guy finds a power ring, goes on a rampage on Joker and then... folds like a deck of cards in the breeze while surrendering every advantage he has, because of reasons.

Stellar characterization there, not railroaded at all.

...just found this fic. Guy finds a power ring, goes on a rampage on Joker and then... folds like a deck of cards in the breeze while surrendering every advantage he has, because of reasons.

Ok... I mean, if you think a power ring user can fight and win against the entire justice league more power to you I guess.

I mean, it's not like there's not a precedent. Say you have someone you really, really, really hate, and the power to do something about him. And you kill him. But, as satisfying as it was, what you did was still illegal. There are much bigger fish about to come down on your head, fish that you don't actually want to fight. So you surrender. Your good deed is done, and people who would have died in the future won't. Best cooperate with the heroes because you know you won't win in a fight, and, not to mention, you didn't want to fight them anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back