• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Second Chance. What's going on?

Re: A Second Chance. Will you take it?

[X]Cute Girl. Offering to help you. This is a hard decision. Yes please.
- [X] maybe some food? It can't be that hard to find someplace, and without a newspaper she's off the clock, right?
- [X] Ask about her.
- [X] Ask your pokede fairies about her.

[X]Buy the Newspaper.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkened said:
[X]Cute Girl. Offering to help you. This is a hard decision. Yes please.
- [X] maybe some food? It can't be that hard to find someplace, and without a newspaper she's off the clock, right?
- [X] Ask about her.
- [X] Ask your Pokede fairies about her.

[X]Buy the Newspaper.

You want to say that this is the hardest choice you have ever made in your life . . . Though since saying that would be a blatant lie, you don't.

"I'd like some help, yeah. I've already been attacked by some things, and knowing what in the world is going on would be helpful. I'll take that Newspaper from you, if you don't mind selling it."

She smiles the smile of those ducking out of work early, the best smile. She hands over the newspaper.

"That'd be a dollar." She chirps. "Thank you for your business, and now I am completely free. If you don't mind paying, there's a restaurant nearby that nobody would bother ya at. It's got trolls as bouncers you see. Nothing likes fighting with a full grown troll, 's not good for keeping all your bits in one piece. Food's okay too, if you don't mind greasy."

Doesn't really matter to you. You'll pay for it, it's not like a simple meal is going to actually harm the funds that you have at the moment. It'd let you try and charm the newspaper girl anyways. Not that you were ever known for being charming before, but there's no harm.

"I'll pay don't worry about it. So show the way and I'll follow along."

Her smile returns with a blush while she pulls down her hat to cover her face slightly. "Uh, okay! I'll show the way. It's this way, I mean that's where the restaurant is."

She pulls on your hand as she leads you along. Her blush is just getting worse and worse as it goes on, and her hand is hot. If this keeps up you think she'll catch fire from sheer embarrassment. You should figure out something to say to distract her. Maybe you'll ask her about herself, people like talking about themselves right?

"So, uh, Jean do you mind talking about what you do? I mean what you like to do. Not the newspapers, I mean if you like to do I don't know. I mean- oh I don't know."

Oh god now you've started blushing atomic red. This is embarrassing for both sides now. She pulls her hat down even further, mumbling under her breath. You think you'd hit critical mass of cuteness to embarrassment!

"I want to be a reporter. Not just standing around trying to hand out newspapers to people. I want to find it and show people the truth, not a sideline in someone else's work. I wanna write the whole first page of the newspaper, but that's a long way off. I still have a long way to go. I get that. You can't just start from the top, right?"

You walk up to a building that seems to have a massive pile of bricks by the front door. Well, you thought it was a pile of bricks until Jean calls out to it.

"Taking a bit of a snooze Brock? I'm pretty sure you're still on the clock."

The pile of bricks starts unfolding into a massive vaguely humanoid shape. A voice like an avalanche calls out.

"On break. Is Cole's turn to be bouncer for another while."

"Oh, I'll be going in then. Keep up the good work while you're on the job then."

"Will Miss Jean."

The Troll sits back down. Because what else could it be besides a troll? You're not sure how you missed that earlier.

As you walk into the building the Troll starts talking to himself. "Boy, seems familiar. Sorta like rock you see once with unique shape."

That troll is a bit weird. Oh well, you sit down and look over your menu. Since this part isn't really of importance at all let's look at the assassination attempt that's over on the nearby rooftop.

-----

"You realize this can't possibly work."

The voice comes from a teenager sitting on a chimney. His words are directed at a triclopean monster. The teen's eyes are on a smartphone and the rainbow birds smashing digital pigs.

"Cockblocker. Don't you know that's a sin? 'Thou shalt not cockblock,' Excellentness chapter four verse two. Rhymes with 'Fuck you'. Look, I've been over this before: Those little crossbow bolts didn't do more than annoy the little human, and he nearly killed you. Try again and you'll be lucky if he nearly kills you."

Triclops motions to a third figure. Its non-descript clothes and slouched pose are the hallmarks of a disposable mook.

The mook speaks.

"Minion number three-three-nine-seven-two make building on fire. Annoying one annoys target with crossbows. Three eyes kills target while target is distracted. Simple plan. Good plan."

The teen rolls his eyes to the heavens. "This thing is a moron. Not only is it a dumb plan, I don't know how to use crossbows and I'm not here to help. Have fun with the trolls. I'll be in the crowd. Or in the crowd in spirit while I stream this on the internet. Or maybe I'll just watch the highlight reel tonight. Haven't decided yet."

Finally fed up, the teenager hurls himself away. "Like hell I'm stick around to be a recurring boss. You're welcome to be ineffectual villains, but I like winning."

Triclops snorted as he departs, one eye judging the distance between his crossbow and the pompous git's back. Recognizing it as more trouble than it's worth he settles for preparing to do a three man job with two people.

It blows up in his face earlier than even the teenager expected. An explosive bolt, misaligned by chance--or rather, improper carrying and maintenance practices--detonates as it's slotted into place.

"I'm on fire. Fire? FUCK I'M ON FIRE. GET OVER HERE HELP PUT ME OUT."

Obediently the minion attempts to put the fire out, only to ignite himself as Triclops continues to panic. Now both aflame, the monsters attempts to douse themselves give way to heedless terror.

Some distance away the teen turns back to watch the fireshow. "I expected incompetence. Anticipated it, almost. But this is too much, you pair of professional incompetents. I'm not even going to help you lest I be drawn into your mess."

The flames rise together with screams as the monstrous pair burn, blind to how their panic worsens their situation and gives the fire the time it needs to reach flesh. Relief comes by accident; one burning figure crosses too near the edge of the roof, teetering there for a long moment, then plunging over and into a barrel below. The other shatters the flimsy door that seals the roof from the upper floor with terror-born strength before plunging down the stairs within, each bone-breaking impact snuffing out flames.

"If I were religious I'd say this was a sign that god exists and doesn' like me. I'm not though, so instead I'll admit this is karma jerking my chain." He waits for the last sparks of flame to die out. "I guess it's safe to get these guys to a healer. Hopefully their bad luck doesn't rub off on me while I'm lugging them around."

----

Back to the MC.

"You were right, this is greasy goodness. Thanks for showing me this place, I'll definitely remember it."

"No problem."

The silence drags on. "So." You say.

She looks up, then focuses on picking at the crumbs on her place. "Yeah, um."

What do you do now? This is rather new to you.

[] "Are there any good places to see a show around here?"
[] "Do you know where I could find a friendly place to spend the night?"
[] "Can I meet you again tomorrow?"
[] "Well that was nice. Maybe I'll see you around."

[X] "Can I meet you again tomorrow?"

[X] "Do you know where I could find a friendly place to spend the night?"
-[X] So fairy companions you know any more secrets about this ring, hidden powers? Unlockable content?

-[X] So fairy companions you know any more secrets about this ring, hidden powers? Unlockable content? Level-up potential?

Finally have some free time. Holy crap. :notfunny:

Okay I like our specialty but I am still rather bummed at how we won't be able to improve ourself like a game character. Unless thats still on the table and we just haven't leveled up yet? Hmm... maybe. We did get a magic item drop. And speaking of really awesome power? Inventory is pretty damn broken as far as they come. I expect we will be able to start acquiring large numbers of useful items to compliment our rather lackluster straight combat rating. Yeah I know we are awesome compared to a human but this is the supernatural. I would place us at basically elite mook level at the moment. Which without the ability of a game character to level up would mean we are not likely to do anything but dresden our way through. Now while I love a good dresdening I myself am lacking in that department.

Until we find out just what kind of effect learning has on the character and how we can right and properly abuse it along with our talented trait we aren't going to be much more then a mook. Until we find some "instructors" we need to keep our head down. That said once we do I look forward to picking up parkour and bringing it up to 5. :)) Yeah we don't have a skill's list just yet, but when we do I would love to see what kind of crazy shenanigans we can get into with that + our insane stats. Only thing missing acter that is a way to boost our intuition and maybe get some kind of sixth sense so ambushes simply aren't.

So for our current focus in the game I believe we should be focusing on learning what we can about the game itself followed closely by finding a way to improve our character. After that we can put some effort into taking out who ever is out for our head. Yeah I know it sounds weird to have that as a third priority but I'm thinking ahead. THe guy who wants our head seems to be a local big shot. We take him out I expect we paint ourself to be a target. Strong seeks strong after all. People will use us as a way to prove themself in the community. So we need to get good at a lot of things before we pick off the local cartel leader and bring heat down on us. At least in my opnion. Right now we are simply that guys problem, we make ourself out to be someone else's though and they might all start ganging up on us at once. Which is not good at all.

One last thing. Love the endurance monster comment about humanity. 8) So accurate and so funny. :D

-[X] So fairy companions you know any more secrets about this ring, hidden powers? Unlockable content? Level-up potential?

"Hey, uh..." I stumble over the words, almost flushing as I do so. "Can I, um...see you again?"

She flushes beet red as she stumbles over her words. "Yeah, uh, sure I'll see you tomorrow. Um, same place?" She starts cleaning up her area of the table quickly as she begins to leave.

You want to ask her one last thing before she leaves. Anything to keep her here a little bit longer. "Uh, before you go, do you know anywhere friendly I could stay the night? Somewhere I don't have to worry about being attacked, yeah?"

The subtle innuendo flies right over her head. It also flew over your head until you said it. You blush and lower your head. Luckily she doesn't catch on. You are overcome with your embarrassment.

"Oh, I know a place it's not that far from here. You don't mind trolls right? It's a hotel run by them. Well it's more of a hostel I guess? They don't really ask for money. They say 'Is civic duty of troll to help humans'. It's rather kind of them to do it." She gives you some very precise directions to the hostel.

She gets out of her seat and a flash of emotion comes over her face. Likes she's trying to decide something. She walks over to you and gives you a kiss on the cheek. Her blush worsens and she practically sprints out the door. The grin of the owner is just making it worse.

"Young love, eh?"

And now you have to bolt out the door. You can't take more of this or you'll end up falling over. You honestly don't know how to react. You enjoyed the kiss, but you can't seem to get over your terminal case of embarrassment. However in your rush you didn't really pay attention to where you were going.

The alley you ended up in doesn't look like much. Just a little nook out of the way that no one really looks in. Then you notice that people are walking through. It's just that they're ghosts again. You ended up in another place with a lot of magic. Or something is here.

"That was kind of sweet. It's sort of like one of those cute romances that you see in stories sometimes. I'm actually pretty thankful that the idiots didn't mess it up. It'd be rude and I'd feel quite bad about it. Maybe." The teen drops down from the ledge he was sitting on. A silhouette of angel wings appears as he falls. Is this guy an angel?

"Hello. By the bounds of human courtesy I shall introduce myself. I am . . . it seems so hard to be original in this age." He frowns quickly, then resettles his face. "I am a man of purpose and power, and you have angered beings far greater than you could dream of. Now die."

You ready yourself for the inevitable fight but he hasn't even begun to move yet.

"I suppose I should be fair and offer you a chance to surrender. It is the only noble thing to do when you are outclassed by one such as I."

"I'm not going to take that from an annoying pounce. Are you even old enough to drink, brat?"

Record scratch, complete stop.

"You. Absolute. I'm rescinding my offer to let you surrender. This will be painful, extremely painful mind you."

He steps forward. Unlike any of your opponents so far, he feels heavier somehow. More real then the rest of them. Some instinct in the back of your head is telling you to run the fuck away. You could but another far angrier voice in the back of your head is screaming to fight back and it's a hell of a lot louder then the first. Gritting your teeth you take your own step forward. The ominous pressure lessens. You take another and another until you're right in his face.

You punch him in his pretty boy nose.

*crack*

That look of surprise as you broke his nose. It's almost as if he wasn't expecting you to be able to hit him or maybe hit him as hard as you did. You savor the moment as best you can, because it's an extremely short time. His overreaction would be deadly if you weren't as fast as you are.

His arms are overlain with ghostly, demonic markings and armor; and his wild swings are smashing holes in the street and in buildings.

"Stay still you annoying little bugger. Fight me like a man, you dirty cheap shotting son of a bitch."

Certainly, you aren't going to do that, not in a million years. It's not in the least your fault that he couldn't hit the broadside of a dairy cow and you let him know that. He's face and eyes become even more bloodshot. If you continue to piss him off you might even get him to completely forget you in his anger and just start smashing the buildings around him. That would be if he didn't just stop. The demon teen takes a deep breath and releases. A look of absolute calm passes over his face. The feeling you've got from him has completely changed. As if throwing off a mask.

"Analysis of objective's fighting style complete. No formal fighting training displayed in footwork. Opponent moves basically on instinct instead of thinking out his movements." The teen smirks, "Heh, you're little more then an animal. You didn't even take a swing when you had an opening. Aside from the cheap shot at the beginning? You aren't much of a fighter are you? Never got in more then a school yard scuffle, probably. Your fights earlier were certainly nothing more then luck. This won't even be a challenge for me. Try to put up a least a little bit of a fight will you? I wouldn't want to be too bored."

The speech is ruined by the steady flow of blood rushing from his broken nose. It's a good speech otherwise.

[]Are you just going to let him talk to you like that? Go in there and punch him in his face again. It's not like he's fast enough to hit you.
[]He's playing you. Something's not right. Be an opportunist and get in punches when you can.
[]Fight a defensive war. You should be able to outlast this guy. He's uses too much energy with all those swings he does.
[]Run the fuck away. He isn't nearly as capable on the run as you.
[]Kick the bastard in the nuts. Fight dirty.
[]Write in

Some of the options weigh more then the others. Some of the options have better benefits then the others. And some of these options can bad end.

Good thing you can reload a save. Adding stuff to the options will in fact increase the chances of success. Unless you pick an option that's a bad end.

Also depending on what you chose the Imp rings ability will activate next update.

Have fun.

[X]Kick the bastard in the nuts. Fight dirty.

He's clearly playing us, faking anger to get a good read or having some weird second personality. Knowing that a bad end could pop in, we shouldn't take a big risk here.

He's either incredibly prone to raging or very calm and methodical or some weird combination of both. Either way, best to get a good read on him before we dash in.

When he couldn't hit us he stopped attacking and started talking. If he could kill us as easily as he says, he wouldn't have any reason to bait us, since we're clearly not going to surrender, ergo he's trying to lure us into a trap.

Best strategy in my opinion is to try the same thing on him. Use our fairies (who justify the artifact in and of themselves) for any info they have, he's been showy about his powers. Meanwhile keep baiting him verbally, see if he gets angry again.

Most obvious move here is that he's trying to get us to charge into melee range and then take us out where our speed won't matter as much. That said he might be trying something more subtle. Either way, running away just gives him another chance to ambush us later. Best to deal with him while we can.

[X] Don't stop dodging or the like, but ask your incredibly knowledgeable fairies to start telling you everything they can figure out about this guy.
-[X] Meanwhile keep your distance, throw anything sharp or hard that you can find as you keep dodging, and don't run away or charge in close either.
-[X] Agree that you have no combat experience. Then point out that he just attacked a complete amateur who he's apparently been stalking all day with the element of surprise, failed to land a single hit and got a broken nose.
-[X] Insinuate that his competence seems to match dumb and dumber before. Note that you are pretty lucky to run into thugs as completely pathetic as this group.

[X] Don't stop dodging or the like, but ask your incredibly knowledgeable fairies to start telling you everything they can figure out about this guy.
-[X] Meanwhile keep your distance, throw anything sharp or hard that you can find as you keep dodging, and don't run away or charge in close either.
-[X] Agree that you have no combat experience. Then point out that he just attacked a complete amateur who he's apparently been stalking all day with the element of surprise, failed to land a single hit and got a broken nose.
-[X] Insinuate that his competence seems to match dumb and dumber before. Note that you are pretty lucky to run into thugs as completely pathetic as this group.

You know I was all for just running away given how stacked our bonuses are towards that sort of feat but Darkened talked me out of it. Good job Darkened. Though I am still rather awed by how awesome we are with our rings... that being said.

Are you really saying that the rings haven't been supplying us with their boost so far in the fight? And we have already been beating the crap out of him? Wow, just wow. I almost feel sorry for the guy. Our strength is going to literally double on the guy. I believe I finally figured out what Beautiful Stranger does. Its literally what it say's on the tin. Basically everyone who doesn't know us we get a bonus to meeting them since we look good. We don't know if its a one time thing I don't believe so but who knows? It might be, but I doubt it.

Stats apply, secret magic stuff we haven't heard about doesn't yet though. I think that's what Wave meant at least.

Correct.

As you move backwards you split your focus between watching the demon and observing the environment. You need a weapon. A shield. A distraction. Rocks, scrap metal, broken glass and fallen tree branches, you carefully catalog each and every one, mentally noting how far away it is from where you stand. You really do not want to take a hit from him, lest those imaginary injuries become all too fatal.

The young man just smiles, wiping blood from his face. It's not a friendly smile, made all the worse by how normal it almost seems. He's standing still, the demonic armor having receded into his arms. Just looking at that smile you know he's planning something.

"Undris, Arila, now is a good time for answers. Anything at all you can tell me would be helpful."

The fairy floats near your ear. "He's a demon. Can't you feel the presence from here? I-."

"WRONG!" Undris drop kicks the fairy out of the way.

"He's not a demon. I'm absolutely sure of it since he didn't introduce himself. Demons love themselves almost as much as they love the sound of their own voice. They take every chance to proclaim their presence using their full name and title. Second, just look at him! Demons are natural glamor magic users. They have to be unique, special snowflakes, with all the dye and hairspray that entails. This guy's a plain John Doe. Third, is the magic he's using, It's a form of manifestation, which demons look down on it while humans specialize in it. So yeah he's not a full demon. He's got demonic blood for sure though. He's a half at most."

The fairy glares at Undris. "How is that any different from just letting me say he's a demon?"

"Precision. And I did want to make you look bad."

And now you tune them out. So the pain in the ass over there is a half demon? That's somewhat less helpful than you'd hoped. The teen shifts position, his relaxed pose shifting into some approximation of a boxing stance. His fists come up as his arms change to a dark blue color and his muscles bulge grotesquely. He starts shuffling around in a way that makes you uncomfortable. Boxing? Is he trying to box yo-

Your thoughts are interrupted by a blow to the gut that lifts you into the air. You hit the ground in a painful roll, and retake your feet coughing blood.

"Payback for the nose. One cheap shot for another sound fair?" His eyes glitter maliciously.

Undris burns on your finger. Darkness gathers around your arms and legs and solidifies.

"Ha. Hahahaha. Hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha. That's your artifact's power? Some gloves and pads? This is killing me!"

The ring guides you, moving your arms and legs into guard positions. Unconsciously you start a shuffle mirroring, mirroring the brat's own movements. He stops laughing and stares at you, and is still doing that when you lunge. Your fist slams into his cheek with a sickening crunch of bone on bone, a sound that echoes when his fist returns the favor. You hold that position until he spits out a tooth, breaking the spell.

You pull back, momentarily disrupting the artifact's control to rub at your swelling cheek. He's smiling again. Something about this smile's different, if you had to guess you'd say he was having fun.

"What else did that ring steal? Show me all of it."

[]Punch him
[]You feel a specific pull in your arms. It's different from that dash... Stronger for sure.
[]Almost as if this was a fighting game. Sure you Can.

[]Kick him
[]A Right Proper kick this is.

[]Surprise him

[X]Punch him
[X]Almost as if this was a fighting game. Sure you Can.

Huh, so it copies skills. I take it the boost is to try and simply improve the body above your opponent so you can be more skilled and better physically. Noice.

[X]You feel a specific pull in your arms. It's different from that dash... Stronger for sure.

Best if we amuse him for now. The more we see, the better it goes for us.

[X]Punch him

[X]Punch him

Rushing forward you intend on showing the half demon exactly what you've learned from him. Dropping down you slide low and unleash a devastating luminescent uppercut upon the hapless foe. However, as he rises in the air he swings his foot up and it catches the underside of you chin knocking you for a loop while he takes the moment to catch his breath.

"Rising as well? It's not blue magic, then. That's interesting. I don't know how your artifact works but I like it. Makes you a better fighter. So come on, keep showing me how strong you are.."

He gestures towards you and starts to preform that same move you just used on him. Or at least it looks like he was, his version seems slower to you, however, it feels like if he'd hit you it hurt you a lot more. Despite that this difference in speed is just enough to let you make a last second dodge. His form is different then yours, does your ring alter the moves to allow you to perform them? However, this is not the time for idle thoughts as you dodge another punch. It's nothing special, just enough to grab your attention.

If the first punch was a dash, and the second is an uppercut, what is the third punch you can feel in the back of your head? You body relaxes and you breathe deeply. Relaxing your entire body for a moment as he gets near. You wait for the right moment where he'll be unable to dodge this hit.

Right... About... NOW. You entire body goes taunt as you swing at his center of mass.

As you swing your arm you feel like you are trying to punch through some strange liquid. Your arm feels heavy and you feel like you're moving at a crawl. As you get closer to nailing the punk a weird energy begins to build up and trail behind your fist. That resistance you felt begins to lessen right before you impact him. The energy crackles and burns for a moment and then bursts creating a shock wave that sends the pretty boy flying back. He rolls over and struggles to stand back up.

"That's not the same move. You've altered it. That's not my Straight. I think I'm starting to understand. It's adapting the moves to you. I want see how it racks up against the real thing. Do you mind doing it again? One punch against another to decide it. Power above all. The way things should be. Some come on now. Even if you lose I'll let you go. You're too much fun to get rid of. Some come on."

The half demon's blood is boiling. And when it comes down to it? Your is as well.

There is only one real option.

[]One punch above all.
[]To finish things like men.
[]Something else?

[X]One punch above all.
[X]To finish things like men.

anyone can come up with a way to overpower him?

[X] Ask to see his strongest move first! No point in this unless it's intense as it can be.

[X] Ask to see his strongest move first! No point in this unless it's intense as it can be.

Weee~! So it looks like I am partially right.

Seems like a fun quest.

Also, Latewave? Digging the avatar! *lifts paw for high-five*

thanks for the comment about avatar.

Returns high five.

What will win this fight is strength above all. But there's no way for you to really beat him if he doesn't use his full strength. You refuse to let him hold back.

"I will if you will."

The half demon's grin widens, morphing into something truly awful. "Is that how you want it? Then this will really be someting to remember. Watch carefully, no one's ever seen me throw this straight twice."

You answer by letting your own smirk cut your face in half.

Your body goes through the motions again. The relaxation before tautening, your focus sharpening until you and he are the only two people in the world.

Before your body can launch itself forward you wrench control back from the artifact. This is your fight. You become aware of the strain on each tightened muscle, and feel magical instinct become conscious knowledge of the proper sequence of muscle movements to deliver a perfect punch to the enemy's smug face.

The golden glow around your knuckles subsides under your direct control, not going away, but biding time until the moment of impact. The half-demon's aura flares as his power builds.

You charge at the same time. You swing at the same time. You hit at the same time. His blow is freezing cold, crushing suffocation against your ribs. You strike an area no larger than your fist, but the impact is explosive. You drop to your knees. He flies through the air, crashing to a stop only when he smashes into--through--a wall.

He speaks first. "I... think you won. I broke some ribs. Mine, for once, heh." He tries to laugh, but it turns into a hacking cough as soon as it starts. Blood spatters the ground with every heave. "Ow. Hurts to laugh. So what's next? The hero slays the demon, right? That's how this should go."

So what now?
[]Finish him.

[]Walk away.

[] Say something.
[]Write In.

[X] "Nah, better in the long run I think to have a rival. Besides that was fun!"
-[X] Get directions to the nearest clinic or hospital that caters to the unique. Then drag him over there.

[X] "Nah, better in the long run I think to have a rival. Besides that was fun!"
-[X] Get directions to the nearest clinic or hospital that caters to the unique. Then drag him over there.

maybe we can minionize him?

[X] "Well, I won so now you have to do what I say! Besides, it'll have to be more interesting following me than whatever you were doing before."
-[X] And get him to explain more on the way.

[X] "Well, I won so now you have to do what I say! Besides, it'll have to be more interesting following me than whatever you were doing before."
Does he really thinks we would be satisfied with just one round? boys now have no stamina at all~

I won so now you have to do what I say! Besides, it'll have to be more interesting following me than whatever you were doing before."

"Hey... Hey yo buddy. Dude. Look, we could sit here and keep beating the everloving shit out of each other and ultimately accomplish nothing. So what's say you and I we just... Y'know... Call it quits and get our dumb asses to a clinic cause... I ain't gonna lie, I am hurtin' and I know you are too. So whaddya say? Trucesies?"

Marc stabilizes himself as best he can, slowly getting to his feet. Gingerly holding his ribs, he walks over to the fallen half demon. He kneels down and extends an arm to the teen.

"Come on, I know that I won't be able to find a clinic on my own and I know that you won't be able to make it there on your own. A truce for now? Or maybe we should start over? My names Marc. Nice to meet ya."

"I'm.. I don't have a name. No one's ever considered me important enough for me to even have a name."

Oh. Well then. You, uh... You don't know how to react to that really. But, hell, he's gonna be your rival so you may as well get him a name.

"Alright, fair enough. How about I fix that for you and give you a name to call your own huh?"

[]Name Half Demon.

Ding!

Marc blinks as everything around him freezes and a panel similar to the one he used to recreate himself appears in front of him.

He stares down the Panel.

Level up.

Marc has gained two levels. Marc is now Level 2. Marc is now Level 3

Distribute 4 Attribute points?

Y/N?

Of course you are going to use the points. Why wouldn't you?

Another window opens up.

Multiple headings are highlighted. Physical with the three traits under it being labeled Strength, Agility, and Endurance.

You click on Agility to check on

Several grayed out abilities with point costs and other various locks on them are the first thing you see. Such as needs Agility Seven or Wind Affinity.

You close the window.

A new window opens up.

Improve Artifact?

Y/N

You have eleven points to spend.

You click the little x at the top of the screen.

The world unfreezes around you as you finish spending the points as you wish. You start dragging off the half demon into the streets.

So just to make sure I have this straight: we have 4 attribute points which we can spend on our actual attributes, and then we have 11 points to spend on talents? Is that correct?:D

-edit-

And everything on the list that doesn't have locked on the front is stuff we could technically buy?

I'll try to write up some of what I think each one would do if we bought them... but later. I'm still just waking up right now.. *yawn*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back