• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A True Lady's Quest

[X] Though unexpected, this development is not unwelcome. It would be a shame to waste what you have upgraded in your mind from an obstacle to a potential resource. A shift in scenario is called for: "Very well. If that is truly your desire, I shall do whatever I can to aid you."

--

Poor Dio. He doesn't realize that Jojo is crying manly tears, the kind that wouldn't be out of place on Jonathan Joestar of Canon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Unplanned Detour

A rush of gratitude floods your senses, and your tears become those of relief. Thank God. Thank God, you thought for certain he would refuse, that you would be in this alone. You actually get a little carried away and hug him; he freezes, but after a moment settles his arms around you gently.

It's an odd embrace. There are none of Del's enthusiastic squeezes or Father's soft stroking of your hair; there are his arms, and nothing more. Nonetheless, it makes your stomach clench in strange anticipation.

Perhaps it's the full realization of what you have just committed yourself to. The Joestars are not a very old family, but they have never been found wanting when duty called; your great-grandfather Jack Joestar was at Waterloo, and his father went down with the Royal George. Now you are to be a part of that tradition.

It means a life lived honourably, to be sure. But it is not a suitable life for a lady.

Well. You will make it one, won't you?

=

When you arrive home, you

[X] Tell your father about everything, including the thorns and your desire to learn to fight.

[X] Tell your father about what happened, excluding supernatural elements.

[X] Tell your father about what happened, excluding the supernatural elements and your desire to learn to fight.

----------

Is it just me, or does Strange Anticipation sound like the title of a Depeche Mode song?

[X] Tell your father about everything, including the thorns and your desire to learn to fight.

Concealment in this case is probably unneeded. George is wrapped around our finger, and while the sensibilities of the time will make him opposed to the idea, we can at least convince him to allow us to do as we please through force of personality.

We're unlikely to ever fight him, so there is no need to keep our ability from him as a secret weapon to ambush him with. There is some risk that someone we will fight learns of it from Father, but it's minimal. This isn't the sort of thing you shout out to everyone who isn't family.

It's possible we could even see some benefit from this, as Father may have connections with people who know things, although this seems unlikely.

[X] What man would wish for his daughter to take up something so dangerous as fighting? Do not burden him so.

[X] Honesty is the best policy

Your father is out the door and down the steps the moment you pull up. His look of concern becomes one of horror when he takes in your blood-drenched hair, and he quickly calls for a bath to be drawn and your bed to be turned down and for someone to call Dr Pendleton.

Oh, Father; you always think of me first.

However, before you cleanse yourself and bury your head in pillows for the night, there is a rather more serious matter to deal with.

"Where is Sebastian?"

Belle's eyes are wide. Her hands are shaking. It is not a question of whether she will burst into tears, it is merely a question of when.

[X] Say nothing. What in God's name could you say to her? She obviously suspects what happened.

[X] "It was quick. He felt no pain." As far as you know, this is true, and it certainly does her no harm to think so even if it isn't.

[X] "I am so sorry, Belle." It would not do to resume weeping now, but perhaps a brief moment of informality, to assure her you feel the loss as she does?

(NB: You have had time, over the remainder of your journey, to collect yourself. You have regained control of your emotions.)
----------

Sorry for the delay and the brevity, guys, I just... this is some hard shit to write. I need input.

[X] "It was quick. He felt no pain." As far as you know, this is true, and it certainly does her no harm to think so even if it isn't.

[X] "I am so sorry, Belle." It would not do to resume weeping now, but perhaps a brief moment of informality, to assure her you feel the loss as she does?

Yeah, I got nothing.

It's not really a good time for hugs, we're all bloody. With Sebastian's blood.

-[X] "It was quick. He felt no pain." As far as you know, this is true, and it certainly does her no harm to think so even if it isn't.

{X}Brigand sought your head. Your head. Not Dio's.

Hnnnnnnnnnnngggg

Omf furi

I am shipping them so hard right now. So. Hard. AAAAAAAAAH! Dio/Jojo ftw~

Lilithium said:
Hnnnnnnnnnnngggg

Omf furi

I am shipping them so hard right now. So. Hard. AAAAAAAAAH! Dio/Jojo ftw~

Go watch the anime! Do it, I say! Phantom Blood's art is from before Araki learned how to draw like a grownup, so the anime's actually an ideal place to start the series. Especially if you don't like hotdogs.

Fair warning, though. Dio is more overtly evil in canon.

No update tonight, guys. Sorry.

So I find myself wanting to know what option would have made us yandere...

Oh. Well, that's easy enough to answer. If your reason for surviving the illness inflicted by the arrow were "I can't leave Father all alone," then you'd have been a yandere.

Canonically, the arrows tend to (or at least appear to) 'seek out' people they 'know' can survive their effects - and those would be people with aggressive personalities. For example, Dio, being Dio, obviously didn't have any trouble taking an arrow to the knee with his Stand when he got it. But when Holly (Jonathan's great-granddaughter) got hers, she went into a coma, because her Stand started consuming her, almost. I'm not clear on the mechanics, but Stands are a manifestation of your life energy, so maybe it's something like Holly had an imbalance in her qi?

Anyway. If getting one's Stand to behave were a simple matter of the Power of Love, Holly would've whipped the thing into shape no trouble; she's a very loving, devoted person.

So in order for your love for your father to have seen you through your illness, it couldn't be an ordinary love. There would've had to have been a slightly manic, possessive edge to it.

"Mister Disease, aRe YoU tRyInG tO tAke DaDdy'S sMiLeS aWaY fOrEvEr~? Get out of our house and never come back."

So yeah. You'd have had a bit of a father complex, to start off with, but it's likely you'd have approached all relationships with a bit of that vibe, particularly if encouraged.

Oh, Christ, England is on fire again. Alucard! What did you do now?!

"NO!"

She runs for the door, but Crosby and Nash catch her by the arms, and she drops to her knees, weeping, until she falls into a faint.

"Father, we need to speak privately," you say in a low voice.

"Of course, darling, of course," he says soothingly, "in the morning, when you've had the chance to-"

"Now," you insist.

Distressed, but acquiescent, he nods, and leads you to the back parlour, used for receiving tradesmen and hence better able to withstand your urine-stained boots.

Father is an excellent listener even if you are no great storyteller; no matter how concerned and surprised he clearly is, he never interrupts, merely makes note of questions he wishes to ask and saves them for a later time.

As a finale, you bring out the blue vines around both your hands. Strange... unlike the rest of you, they're completely spotless. Their thorns as vicious-looking as ever, they pulse faintly with the strange inner light that all succulent plants seem to emit. With not a little surprise, you realize that they are beautiful.

Father seems to be... waiting, for something. He looks worried.

"Jojo..." he says, "you've had a very confusing day. Maggie is drawing you a bath and Lucille has made up your bed, I believe. We'll discuss your 'lessons' with Dio in the morning."

You are stunned. That's it?

In a flash, you suddenly remember; Dio said the 'spirit' that attacked him was invisible. Father can't see the vines at all.

He thinks you're...

Angrily, you

[X] demand that Dio corroborate your story. He saw you tear open that fellow's skin, after all.

[X] rip up the rug to demonstrate your power.

[X] ask that father take your hand and tell you what he feels.

----------

I'm sorry about how short these latest updates have been, but I have to stall a little bit, y'see. Joanna's going off to school very shortly and since that time isn't covered by canon at all I can't just make shit up as I go along based on preexisting stuff. That means I need to haul together a potential story arc and new characters to make sure I somewhat know what I'm doing.

I think all of this is going pretty well, though. I might origgy-fic this quest and make a book out of it sometime.

(x) Father father take my hand and then with me you'll understand

Not having father touch this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back