• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A True Lady's Quest

[X] A man you have known your entire life is dead. He fell on you as he died. You carried his severed head in your arms. How's that goin' for you?
-[x]It hurts. It scores a mighty pain in your heart, but you have been through loss before.
never again You will do right by yours. You will protect yours in a any way you can.
[X] You are apparently possessed by some sort of rose-ghost that makes you capable of ripping holes in people, which may or may not bring such misfortune upon you and your family that any of the benefits that may be associated with it might not be worth it. How do you feel about that?
-[x] It is a tool, to be learned and mastered and conquered beyond any misfortune. It saved your life. Next time you will make save others.

[X] Dio killed two men in cold blood right in front of you, while in full possession of his wits and without any mercy or hesitation. Thoughts?
They deserved to die and he did it to protect you two but that coldness that intensity. It makes you wary. A heart so jaded how easily could it be turned to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
FurikoMaru said:
Vote for all of 'em and elaborate on all your feels, if you want. It seems to be the trend.

I miss understand your instructions a bit.

So I delved into the mind of the average young lady and out came words.

I am lazy.

[X] Lilithium

[X] A man you have known your entire life is dead. He fell on you as he died. You carried his severed head in your arms. How's that goin' for you?

You feel helpless. Sad of course, but mostly helpless. And that makes you angry. You're a Joestar, and a capable young woman, and brave, and determined, and you have some strange power, and all of that was useless in keeping one of your men safe. Sebastian was supposed to protect you, but you were supposed to protect him as well.

Maybe you should feel guilty that you just killed a man, or upset that Dio killed two more, but mostly you're just angry that you took Dio up on on his offer and it got Sebastian killed. For what? You don't doubt that Chinese man knew something about the damn Thorn thing, but he told Dio about it and fed you a line of horseapples. And you're not sure what to think of the fact Dio isn't trusting you with something about yourself. On the one hand, it's infuriating, but on the other hand, you're not a fool. You saw what he lived with. Then and now. How can he trust anyone with anything?

Sebastian is dead. You... It doesn't matter what secrets Dio has right now. It doesn't even matter so much what secrets you have right now. Brando won't be able to resist poking at you, trying to get a handle on you, you're sure of it. And none of that matters so much as that Sebastian is dead. You'll have to tell his family. And then... Honestly, you're probably going to head into your bedroom where you have some privacy, and scream, and cry, and maybe break something, because that place was horrible and it killed Sebastian and you're angry because you should have been able to stop them.

Just like before. With Sarah. You're sick of watching people die while you can't do anything to stop it.

You failed him so dreadfully. As one of the upper class, Sebastian's duty was to you... but you also have a duty to your servants. To not ill use them. To not allow them to be ill used by others. Sebastian followed your lead against his own better judgment, and paid for it. This will not be borne. Those which serve the family are of the family, and therefore ours.
It would be a man's job to avenge them. It is a woman's job to shepherd them. None of ours will suffer this fate again. By whatever means necessary.

[X] You are apparently possessed by some sort of rose-ghost that makes you capable of ripping holes in people, which may or may not bring such misfortune upon you and your family that any of the benefits that may be associated with it might not be worth it. How do you feel about that?

I have supernatural powers. This is awesome! Have to find out what I can do.

[X] Dio killed two men in cold blood right in front of you, while in full possession of his wits and without any mercy or hesitation. Thoughts?

It is... a little bit scary. But would you not both have died? Dio has his faults, but he is a dependable sort of man in many ways.
(You don't care about the dead thugs or the guy you nearly killed. Why should you?)

Darik29 said:
We either breakdown now, or to the cold as ice route and shut off our emotions. No middle ground, people.
This is completely wrong.
We can shut off certain kinds of emotions or just get good control (shutting off when you want to) or just become rather good at not thinking about certain things.
Can be a person who's very practical and sees no point in breakdowns but still loves to laugh and smile.

You can refuse to breakdown at the death of a loved one and still experience emotions (I know this from personal experience).

Fun fact on the yandere front: there was a point in character-creation where you could have inadvertently selected to become a yandere yourself.

I think the [whatever]dere is over done... we need to be dere-tsun or something....

That's what Type B tsundere are sometimes called. They're only cruel to the person they like; when dealing with people they don't have confusing feelings for they're sane and balanced.

[X] The Wind Is Sown

The winter you were 6, Father was in Egypt consulting on one of Mr de Groot's digs, and you had trouble getting to sleep at night. It was the longest you could remember him being away from you, at the time, and the wild snowstorms of that year kept you awake with thoughts of the terrors that might befall him in the land of the Pharaohs.

Eventually, Sebastian took it upon himself to read to you at bedtime to help you fall asleep. He mentioned once that he used to do it for Belle when both of them were younger and he was studying literature in school. It certainly was effective as a sleeping aid; he had a very monotonous reading voice. He didn't even try to do voices. To this day, your eyes start to droop if someone quotes Milton.

You stare unblinkingly at the bloodstains on your dress.

It happened again.

It happened again, and you weren't ready for it.

No. This time was worse. This time you have no one to blame but yourself.

Dio suggested it? He was born in that cesspit; he had no way to know Sebastian wouldn't have the instincts for it. Sebastian grew up in Chichester, for heaven's sake, he didn't see a paved road until he was 17!

Dio didn't know that.

But you did.

And you went to Ogre St anyway.

You as good as killed him.

Never mind the man you almost killed; Sebastian didn't limp away from this to lick his wounds and reflect on whether it's nice to threaten little girls. Sebastian left that alley in two pieces, and it is demonstrably your fault.

And for what? Oriental scryings about your birthmark? You can hear Wang Chun's laughter in your head, harsh and mocking.

You and your children will likely wield great power, but rarely will it truly profit any of you.

Well. You look at your right hand, daring the thorns to appear, and they obediently do so. It would seem he was correct in that.

There is a knock at the carriage door. "It's me," Dio says.

You dismiss the thorns, and lean over to flip the latch. Dio stands there, wiping clean his hands with a kerchief, then dropping it in the gutter.

He frowns. "Something to bear in mind about Ogre St, and rough places in general," he says seriously, climbing inside and locking the door behind him. "Always make sure that friends who knock on your door are not accompanied by other, less pleasant visitors. It simply isn't safe for you to assume that because you only hear my voice, there's no reason to be concerned."

"Noted," you say hollowly.

As the carriage gets under way, you murmur, "You grew up in there, didn't you."

Perhaps it's the lack of a real question in the words, but a jolt goes through Dio. You can feel it through the shift in the upholstery as he turns to look at you. (There are bloodstains all over it now; you'll have to speak to Mrs Ferryman on Monday.)

"You were so calm," you say to your neatly-folded hands. "Through all of it, until the moment came for you to kill those... those foul creatures, your eyes were as tranquil as the setting sun."

And at the moment when he killed them, they were the very fires of Hell itself. The memory of them makes you feel... strange, somehow.

[X] A sudden, irrational anger seizes you. "If this little visit was intended as some manner of belated revenge for last night," you say flatly, "I have to congratulate you on a job very well done. I will certainly never fight back when a near-stranger refuses to let go of me again."

[X] "Thank you for saving my life. And for helping to carry... the body."

[X] "Show me how to fight."

[X] What did the Oriental tell you.
We will see if it is worth Sebastian's life.

[X] What did the Oriental tell you.

[X] "Thank you for saving my life. And for helping to carry... the body."
- - [X] "Show me how to fight."

[X] "Show me how to fight."

You are Dio Brando, and if you were shocked before, it is nothing compared to what you feel now.

How?! How can this be?!

The order is delivered without the slightest waver in her voice, without so much as a shiver.

This girl just walked through the worst slum in London and saw three men die! She should be a trembling wreck!

"I have decided," Joanna Joestar says. "I will not permit any of my friends or servants to come to harm; not even once more. Sebastian died because I led him into danger, and because I failed to anticipate an attack. This cannot happen again."

Your blood runs cold. What on earth is this girl? Those... those eyes... what is that?!

She clenches a fist, and stares at it. "I will master this strange spirit and make it not just my shield, but everyone's. I will make this arm as strong as a man's, and when I have done so..."

She's crying, thank god; she's a woman, after all.

"... not one of my friends will die in front of these eyes!"

[X] Though unexpected, this development is not unwelcome. It would be a shame to waste what you have upgraded in your mind from an obstacle to a potential resource. A shift in scenario is called for: "Very well. If that is truly your desire, I shall do whatever I can to aid you."

[X] No! The original plan can still be salvaged! Resolve or no, she's a twelve-year-old girl: "Please stop, Jojo," you say quietly, projecting an aura of shame and stoic remorse with all your might. "Please don't take my sins onto your gentle heart. None of this would have happened if I hadn't told you about Wang Chun, or if I hadn't convinced you to meet with him right away. If you would blame anyone for Sebastian's demise, then blame me! Heap your scorn upon me! For it is I who should have better protected you both. A knight should never leave his lady undefended; my incompetence disgusts me. But I beg of you, do not toss me aside! Please... trust in me. I will not fail you again. I swear it to you."

----------

Moar liek Shoujo's Bizarre Adventure, amirite? XD

[X] Though unexpected, this development is not unwelcome. It would be a shame to waste what you have upgraded in your mind from an obstacle to a potential resource. A shift in scenario is called for: "Very well. If that is truly your desire, I shall do whatever I can to aid you."

Well! Dio actively subverting JoJo into a resource instead of trying to stick to his original scenario!

This'll be... Interesting. Maybe even with us both ending up as Vampires, fighting each other throughout the centuries, trying to prove who is stronger?

Who can say?

>Moar liek Shoujo's Bizarre Adventure, amirite? XD
Zing!

[X] No! The original plan can still be salvaged! Resolve or no, she's a twelve-year-old girl: "Please stop, Jojo," you say quietly, projecting an aura of shame and stoic remorse with all your might. "Please don't take my sins onto your gentle heart. None of this would have happened if I hadn't told you about Wang Chun, or if I hadn't convinced you to meet with him right away. If you would blame anyone for Sebastian's demise, then blame me! Heap your scorn upon me! For it is I who should have better protected you both. A knight should never leave his lady undefended; my incompetence disgusts me. But I beg of you, do not toss me aside! Please... trust in me. I will not fail you again. I swear it to you."
She must come to depend upon us as The Man Of The House. We must be the indispensible, gallant knight! That is totally Dio Brando.

[X] No! The original plan can still be salvaged!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back