• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

We still need to convince them, a pretty face will only get you so far.
Not really, considering from what I heard of Exalted mechanics. All you really need is appearance. Things like Charisma and the like are only needed when you do public speeches and running nations.

Not really, considering from what I heard of Exalted mechanics. All you really need is appearance. Things like Charisma and the like are only needed when you do public speeches and running nations.
And controlling a Harem doesn't count as either of those?

[X] organizing our territory
-[X] get together with Mittelt and Eiko to se to the youkai in the area and if anything needs our immediate attention.
[X] Sona's request
-[X] we hired Ninja for situations like this have them investigate the girl causing the disturbances in the area.
--[X] their objective is to find a place for us to confront her. they are not to confront her if without us emphasize that as Dragons we tend to draw powers to us and talking with her is our responsibility.
[X] Research
-[X] the Evil Pieces are almost done and once our Manse is done we will have a workshop to experiment in so finish them off.
[X] Training
-[X] finish the Training for Hypnotic Tongue Technique and Hastening Night's End
-[X] once done train another round of Dragon Essence Domination
--[X] knacks purchased Dragons Might -Four -4 health levels and Instincts of the Beast

Why we don't have another fight with Homura, since the other battle was interrupted by Suika.

Here are the options that Alexander put for Issei Adventures, the ones we did, and the ones we did not explore.

Select your next adventure. Multiple choices are possible.
[] Abandoned building
[] Kiba's request
[] Haunted house
[] Shady district
[] Fluttering of wings
[] Creepy shack
[] Stop with the adventures
[] Write in? (Plan your own adventure!)

Um isn't the girl an Onmyoji from the group Rikuo hangs out with?

Yes she is an Onmyoji, I hope she does not discover that Sona, and Rias are Devils.

what dose everyone think of buying this
undefined
I would like it if we could max Martial Arts, and master the fist of the daystar.
Instead of getting Thunderclap Rush Attack, I think it's better to pick:
1) Heaven Thunder Hammer, because very good damage enhancer
2) Shockwave Technique, which only have Heaven Thunder Hammer as prerequisite for Solars and can be an undodgeable unblockable area of effect attack
3) Solar Counterattack to be able to act in the enemy's turn and because Heaven Thunder Hammer + Solar Counterattack works as a Flurry Breaker against close quarters attacks

Heaven Thunder Hammer
Cost: - (3m); Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Hero, Obvious
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisites: Fist of the Daystar Form

The fury of the Dawn scatters enemies like leaves before a storm. This Charm improves Sledgehammer Fist Punch. Whenever an attack enhanced by Sledgehammer Fist Punch hits, the pugilist may pay 3 motes reflexively in Step 7 to blow her target away, inflicting knockback equal to one yard for each point of raw damage, halved for vertical, to a maximum of (Martial Arts x10) yards. Targets that strike a surface take one die of bashing damage for each yard they would otherwise have traveled. This damage is piercing, and may also be lethal (or worse) if the surface is hard or sharp. Damage incurred by impacting a wall of soulsteel spikes, for example, would be both lethal and piercing. Regardless of distance traveled, the target is also rendered prone.

Hero: A Solar Exalt may choose to hammer her opponents to pulp rather than blow them away. Any vector of travel is considered valid, including straight down into the ground. In addition, the Charm calculates impact damage as if the target had traveled no distance upon landing, regardless of the actual distance traveled, ensuring the target always takes maximum damage. The prerequisite is Sledgehammer Fist Punch.

Shockwave Technique
Cost: 6m; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 3; Type: Simple (Speed 5, DV -1)
Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious, Hero
Duration: Instant
Prerequisites: Heaven Thunder Hammer, Crashing Wave Throw, Ox-Stunning Blow, Hammer on Iron Technique.

The hero burns with Essence, then strikes a blow so mighty that it sends a shockwave through the fabric of the world. This Charm produces a single undodgeable unarmed Martial Arts attack that is applied to everything within Essence yards of the target point except the pugilist herself. As this is a single blow that strikes multiple targets, Charms and other effects are activated and paid for only once.

Hero: Solar Exalted pay 4m, and use the higher of Martial Arts or Essence to determine area of effect. Prerequisite is Heaven Thunder Hammer. At Essence 4, the Solar may choose to pay an additional 1w in order to render the attack unblockable and doubling the distance of any knockback effects associated with it.

Solar Counterattack
Cost
: 3m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive (Step 9)
Keywords: Combo-OK, Counterattack
Prerequisite Charms: Fist of Iron Technique
Those who attack the Chosen of the Sun invite their own deaths. The Solar invokes this Charm after using her Parry DV against an attack. This Charm gives the Solar a counterattack, which is resolved in Step 9 of the initial attack's resolution. Note the rules for counterattacks on pages 150 and 183.
If the Lawgiver has stocked any free reflexive attacks, she may expend one such attack as part of the three mote cost of this Charm's activation to make her counterattack unblockable. (See Final Sunset Stance from Ink Monkeys, Vol. 32 for an example of stocking free reflexive attacks.)
Martial-ready: Archery, Melee, Thrown. The unblockable version of Solar Counterattack is available only to Martial Arts and Melee.

We still need to convince them, a pretty face will only get you so far.
The only Attributes worthy increasing are Dexterity and Appearance, which currently are 4 and 5, respectively. The most important stat for an Exalted are Charms, which have as prerequisites Ability and Essence. In this quest, maybe Stamina is good too.

Not likely. Raiser, who is much lower on the totem pole than her, had attacks that would have been suicidal to tank with perfect defenses. I would advise not underestimating anyone simply because of how they performed in-series.
What attacks are these?

What attacks are these?
That one super attack he tried to throw at us at the end and a few others. One of them was effectively "If you get hit by this, you'll automatically keep getting hit by it for the next few rounds." Perfects will defend against that just like anything else, but to block it completely Issei would need to spam them for several rounds and suck down a huge chunk of his mote pool. There were lesser attacks like that too, like the aborted charge that we interrupted with the Gauntlets of Distant Touch.

That one super attack he tried to throw at us at the end and a few others. One of them was effectively "If you get hit by this, you'll automatically keep getting hit by it for the next few rounds." Perfects will defend against that just like anything else, but to block it completely Issei would need to spam them for several rounds and suck down a huge chunk of his mote pool. There were lesser attacks like that too, like the aborted charge that we interrupted with the Gauntlets of Distant Touch.
So what do you think we should do Smut?

So what do you think we should do Smut?
For now, nothing. We have a fairly good spread of combat charms so we can afford to branch out and invest in other stuff for a bit, particularly finishing off the trials and unlocking sorcery. The main thing we need to do is avoid getting complacent. "Lol, this villain's a speedbump" is effectively begging the QM to give you very unpleasant surprises.

if anything we should get this.

Inexorable Progress of Dawn
Cost: - (Deactivation); Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Prerequisites: Dragon Coil Technique

Restraining the heroes of the dawn is an exercise in futility. This Charm enhances Dragon Coil Technique. The Solar may reflexively end Dragon Coil Technique to perfectly and automatically escape from any and all clinches she may be involved in at that moment. This effect may also be used in order to automatically escape from any form of purely physical restraint which resembles a clinch, such as being tied up with rope or chained in shackles. Restraints that are not indestructible are destroyed in the process, torn apart by the Solar's might. For purposes of charm conflicts, this effect is considered a defense.

I do want Heaven Thunder Hammer and the other charms but I wanted to start on the no mote cost passive enhancements like Thunderclap Rush and Rice paper World Understanding before moving to the attack effects.

For now, nothing. We have a fairly good spread of combat charms so we can afford to branch out and invest in other stuff for a bit, particularly finishing off the trials and unlocking sorcery. The main thing we need to do is avoid getting complacent. "Lol, this villain's a speedbump" is effectively begging the QM to give you very unpleasant surprises.
So deal with the Onmyoji, get the Youkai Searching group permission to come, Research Evil Piece, 'Train' Endurance, Work on getting Balance Breaker. Train in using our new BFS...anything else?

So deal with the Onmyoji, get the Youkai Searching group permission to come, Research Evil Piece, 'Train' Endurance, Work on getting Balance Breaker. Train in using our new BFS...anything else?
Skip the BFS. We have a big red scaly pimp hand, we don't need any stinking daiklaves.

To gain a positive intimacies with Homura and her Squad.

Exploring the City again, maybe we can find something new like wdid with Ruby. (Adventures!)

Try to learn how to speak Korean and Chinese.

Get to know the personality of our new Daiklave.

We could try to fuse the sword with Boosted gear like with Ascalon in canon

Take the girls out on (individual!) dates, maybe learning some more Devil or Fallen Angel Magic, finish the Training for Hypnotic Tongue Technique and Hastening Night's End (I'm assuming since other people voted for this it means it's something we have to do), Introduce Homura and her Ninja's to Azazel if he's around, solidifying our control of the youkai faction in our area, getting some personal down time, and getting any of the charms mentioned in the last few pages. That's a quick list I got from looking at the previous plans and lists.

Skip the BFS. We have a big red scaly pimp hand, we don't need any stinking daiklaves.
Not to be rude but:
Believe me, there will be time when Jan's power will be useful.

I figure we have the (completely new) Excalibur arc headed our way so I wanted to get our area calmed so we don't run into home made problems. I also wanted to leave some xp open to raise attributes and abilities like getting integrity to three to buy Truth Shines Through the two dots in craft we are likely to need for the Evil piece rework.

I figure we have the (completely new) Excalibur arc headed our way so I wanted to get our area calmed so we don't run into home made problems. I also wanted to leave some xp open to raise attributes and abilities like getting integrity to three to buy Truth Shines Through the two dots in craft we are likely to need for the Evil piece rework.
Honestly I'd like the Nura clan backing us up on the Excalibur Arc case as at least Youkai don't have a weakness to light weapons. And I don't think the Fallen have Onmyouji.

[X] organizing our territory
-[X] get together with Mittelt and Eiko to se to the youkai in the area and if anything needs our immediate attention.
[X] Sona's request
-[X] we hired Ninja for situations like this have them investigate the girl causing the disturbances in the area.
--[X] their objective is to find a place for us to confront her. they are not to confront her if without us emphasize that as Dragons we tend to draw powers to us and talking with her is our responsibility.
[X] Research
-[X] the Evil Pieces are almost done and once our Manse is done we will have a workshop to experiment in so finish them off.
[X] Training
-[X] finish the Training for Hypnotic Tongue Technique and Hastening Night's End
-[X] Buy strength, wits, intelligence to 4, preception to 3

yeah there are better dragon knacks than those we can spend exp on, namely these i want soon

Language Mastery
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Intelligence 3
The character can understand any language that is spoken to him. Once he's heard a few sentences, he can then speak that language back as if he grew up among native speakers. Writing the language is a bit trickier, as he can only transliterate his written words in the alphabet of his native language until someone teaches him the alphabet and punctuation of the new language. For instance, say a character with this Knack whose native language is English has picked up French at Orly Airport in Paris and would like to leave a thank-you note for a bartender who gave him helpful information. He might write, "Maresee du mah-vay zayday" to express his thanks, when what he really means is "Merci de m'avez aidé". Likewise, reading the new language can be difficult if that language uses characters that don't appear in an alphabet with which he is already familiar.

Mountainous Beast Form
Duration: Indefinite
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Stamina 4
With this Knack the character may increase the size of his War Form. The size increase requires no extra effort or motes—the War Form doubles in size. Strength, Stamina and health levels increase as if the War Form carried the "Large" mutation (Strength +1, Stamina +1, -0 Health level +1).

looking for the list of all dragon knacks for us to buy

Last edited:
Here you go everything relating to dragon knacks and remember each purchase is 9 exp

Okay, I spent some thing thinking up Knacks. I think I did an horrible work, but I will leave to you to be the judges:

Dragon Body Hybrid
Cost: 1m
Duration: One day
Prerequisites: Essence 3, Wits 3
The user of Dragon Energy can learn to change just part of his body into that of a dragon. The character doesn't have to invoke every mutation whenever she uses this Knack: he can choose all or only one. The possible mutations are:
-Claws: the user's hands become short but sharp claws. Clawed punches inflict lethal damage.
-Enhanced Senses: The user's five senses become unnaturally acute. The character gains two dice on all Awareness rolls. The mutation is physically obvious in the Eyes.
-Scales: The user's skin changes and he is now covered in delicate
scales. Add 2B/2L to Soak. The character gains one die in all Survival pools and does not need to wear clothing to protect him against the elements.
-Wings: The user has a pair of wings with a wingspan of six yards and can fly. He flies at two times his normal running speed, ascends at his normal running speed and can dive at 10 times his running speed. He does not need to make checks to pull out of dives.

Child of Mother Earth
Prerequisites: Essence 2
Primordial Dragons were born from magma, the life-blood of Earth. This Knack permanently enhances the "Scales" mutation, giving the user an extra +4 soak against all fire attacks.

Deadly Dragoon Warrior
Cost: 2m
Duration: One scene
Prerequisites: Essence 3, Stamina 3
The user can shift into what the Lunar Exalted call the War Form, a monstrous amalgam of human and dragon. He gains several feet in height and increases proportionally in mass. Muscles ripple across his form, which has fearsomely long and sharp fangs and claws. When the user is in War Form he heals even faster: halve the healing time for all wounds save Aggravated.
-When the user is in War Form he adds two dots each to Strength, Dexterity and Stamina. This increase can bring physical Attributes above five and only affect the user when he is in War Form. Any improved Attributes are considered natural.
-The user gains all mutations from Dragon Body Hybrid plus: clawed feet, that made the damage from kicks lethal; tail, which is purely cosmetic.

Dragon's Might Technique
Prerequisites: Essence 1, Stamina 1
Dragons are eternal: not so easily are their mighty bodies slain. This Knack gives the user additional health levels. He may purchase this Knack multiple times, but no more than once per dot of Stamina. Each purchase provides 1 additional Dying health level and one of the following:
-One -0 health level
-Two -1 health levels
-Three -2 health levels
-Four -4 health levels

Dragon's Breath
Cost: 4m
Prerequisites: Essence 1
The user can breath fire from his mouth. Rolls (Dexterity + [Athletics, Archery or Thrown]) to hit and add the user's Essence as extra successes if successful. Dragon's Breath has an area of effect 15 yards long and five yards wide, and it deals four lethal health levels of damage plus extra successes on the attack.

Prodigious Leap
Prerequisites: Dexterity 3
This Knack doubles the user's vertical and horizontal jumping distances. He may purchase this Knack multiple times.

Hurl to the Horizon
Prerequisites: Strength 3
This Knack doubles the distance the user can throw something as a feat of strength. He may purchase this Knack multiple times.

Uplifting Might
Prerequisites: Dexterity 2
This Knack doubles the user's lift capacity. He may purchase this Knack multiple times.

Lightning Sprinter
This Knack doubles the amount of distance the can cover in a Move and Dash action. What's more, it negates the movement penalties a character should accrue for dashing through water or mud that is from between ankle to shoulder height in depth as long as: the user began his Dash action on terrain with no such penalty; the user continues to perform consecutive Dash actions. As long as he keeps dashing his feet skim the surface of the water or muck like a skipping stone. If he should slow down or stop, however, he sinks into the sucking terrain to suffer the normal penalties. He may purchase this Knack multiple times.

Swords Are Useless
Cost: 3m
Prerequisites: Stamina 3
The user convert all the lethal damage from a single attack into bashing damage, though an overload of bashing damage still upgrades existing bashing damage to lethal. This Knack cannot convert aggravated damage into anything less grave. The user cannot convert old lethal damage into bashing damage. The Knack works only on incoming damage from a single attack.

Iron Fortitude
Prerequisites: Stamina 2
The periods for which the user is able to go without food, water and sleep all double. The amount of time he is able to work at a strenuous task without stopping also doubles. He may purchase this Knack multiple times.

Inner Furnace
The user rarely lacks for sustenance. As long as he can find some sort of organic substance (from rotting quail eggs to a piece of notebook paper on which someone blew her nose) he can eat it and survive. And as long as he finds a source of water (no matter how stagnant or polluted it might be), he can drink it and survive. Any pestilence or poison lurking in what he consumes burns in the fires of his superior constitution, without even requiring a Resistance roll. The same goes for drugs or poisons he ingests on purpose. He's still just as susceptible to airborne toxins and any drug injected into his bloodstream, but any drug that has to go through his stomach first stops there. This Knack does nothing to suppress the gag reflex or make an unappetizing meal taste better.

Infinite Factory of Life
Prerequisites: Essence 3, Stamina 4
The pay the motes cost to repair a single level of damage. That damage can be bashing or lethal, and the healing takes place in an instant without leaving a scar. Aggravated damage is beyond the power of this Knack to heal. Bruises, lacerations and bullet holes vanish before the astonished onlookers' eyes. This Knack can be used only once every time an attack inflicts damage on the user.

Predatory Focus
Prerequisites: Perception 3
The user is a hunter par excellence. With a successful (Perception + Survival) roll, he can track his prey by scent alone or by almost-invisible physical signs. With this Knack, the hunter can follow his prey across any sort of terrain as long as the prey continues to flee and does not take significant pains to mask its scent or minimize the disturbance its passing causes: the former entails such extremes as swimming a mile upstream in a rushing river or taking refuge inside a functioning hog rendering plant, the latter includes little short of levitating or flying.) Picking up a lost trail with this Knack requires a new (Perception + Survival) roll.

Instincts of the Beast
Prerequisites: Wits 2
Whenever the user enters an area where an ambush is waiting, even if he has no reason to suspect he's in danger, certain tiny clues set his subconscious on edge, preparing him for an attack. When the attacker finally springs the surprise assault, the user hears the tiniest rustle of fabric, sees the slightest flicker in his peripheral vision or feels the gentlest twitch of displaced air, and the clues he already noticed all add up. Double the number of dices on the standard (Wits + Awareness) roll to detect the ambush.

Predator Reflexes
Prerequisites: Wits 3
When an unexpected attack targets the user with this Knack but he fails to get enough successes on the (Wits + Awareness) roll to notice the attack coming, he instinctively defends himself with his highest applicable DV plus half of it rounded down. The character cannot preemptively attack his attacker or even shout out a warning to his comrades, as he's reacting to an attack that's already taking place, but he is much more likely to dodge or parry that attack. Nonetheless, the user cannot actually join battle himself until everyone else does after the unexpected attack is resolved.

Battle Roar
Prerequisites: Charisma 2
During a battle, be it a pitched field engagement or an alley fight between a band of Exalts and a gang of Wyld mutants, the Exalt can loose a ponderous battle cry that unnerves his foes. Roll (Charisma + Presence) at difficulty 2: if successful, every fighter on the Exalt's enemies' side who hears the unearthly shriek loses one die from all attack rolls for a number of attacks equal to the Exalt's Essence rating. He can let out this battle cry only once per combat scene, and it doesn't affect enemies whose Essence rating is higher than his.

New Essence 3 Dragon Knacks:

Granting: "Touched by Dragon"
Cost: 6m, 1wp
Prerequisites: Essence 3
Those who Dragons favored carry a mark of greatness on their souls: this Knack grants the Merit "Touched by Dragon" to a person the character has a positive Intimacy to. Characters with this Merit finds themselves at ease interacting with Dragons, and viceversa. When those who have the Merit "Touched by Dragon" channels or rolls one virtue, selected when they gain this Merit, add one die.

Automatic Sacred Gear Mutation! If the Knack "Granting: Touched by Dragon" is learned, Boosted Gear automatically undergo a mutation and gains the following Artifact Charm:
Gift of Radiant Destiny
Cost: 15m, 2wp;
Mins: Essence 3;
Type: Simple (Dramatic Action)
Keywords: Enlightening, Obvious, Touch
The power of "Transfer" resonates with the overflowing golden Essence of the Sun-Chosen. This variation on the better known Power-Awarding Prana immediately and permanently blasts open a willing mortal's doors of perception, opening him to the world's currents of Essence. The Charm requires a short ceremony to steel both donor and recipient for the awesome forces they shall unleash. The ceremony takes whatever form the participants feel is appropriate to solemnize the event. Then the mortal and the Exalt simply touch—and the cataract of Essence flooding through the recipient's soul knocks him out for (5 – his Stamina) hours.

The caster and the target must have a positive Intimancy towards each other (the two Intimancies can be different, but they must still be both positive). After the target recovers he becomes a Half-Caste, as if he was one from birth, aligned to the source of the Exalt's power.

Unconquerable Pride
Prerequisites: Essence 3, Strength 3
Pride is the most important thing for a Dragon: as long as he holds faith in his own strength, nothing can stop him. Add the Strength rating to Soak for Bashing and Lethal damage for one scene.

Natural Born Armor
Dragons don't wear armors or clothes—why should they? The scales covering their bodies are the mightiest material in existence, rivaling even the fabled Divine Artifacts. A Character manifesting the "Scales" mutation acquire a Hardness rating equal to their Lethal Soak.

Here's a list of all available Dragon Knacks. Also, check this out: http://exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/MartialArts/DragonOfEmeraldandBrass

Dragon Essence Domination
Repurchase: 9 Xp
Knack Slots: 4

List of available Knacks:

Unconquerable Pride
Prerequisites: Essence 3, Strength 3
Pride is the most important thing for a Dragon: as long as he holds faith in his own strength, nothing can stop him. While the character enjoys the "Scales" mutation, add the Strength rating to Hardness and Soak.

Natural Born Armor
Dragons don't wear armors or clothes—why should they? The scales covering their bodies are the mightiest material in existence, rivaling even the fabled Divine Artifacts. A Character manifesting the "Scales" mutation adds his Essence to Soak and acquire a Hardness rating equal to his Lethal Soak.

Armor Crusher
Cost: 5m
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Strength 3
The raw power of a Dragon's attacks now allows him not only to break through obstacles and walls, but to slam right through armor. This Knack enhance the "Claw" and "Bite" mutations: while it is active, the character's attacks all gain the Piercing quality.

Battle Roar
Prerequisites: Charisma 2
During a battle, be it a pitched field engagement or an alley fight between a band of Exalts and a gang of Wyld mutants, the Exalt can loose a ponderous battle cry that unnerves his foes. Roll (Charisma + Presence) at difficulty 2: if successful, every fighter on the Exalt's enemies' side who hears the unearthly shriek loses one die from all attack rolls for a number of attacks equal to the Exalt's Essence rating. He can let out this battle cry only once per combat scene, and it doesn't affect enemies whose Essence rating is higher than his.

Welsh Dragon's Blessing
Prerequisites: Essence 4
Those that confide in the Welsh Dragon never suffer from hunger. The character can spend 1 mote to permanently double a single characteristic of a common object, like the size of an apple or the amount of sugar in a fruit's juice. The size cannot be bigger than the character's own size.

Refined Palate
Prerequisites: Perception 4
The character has exceptionally precise senses of taste and smell (as the latter enhances the former). With a faint sniff or a tentative taste he can figure out what ingredients compose a certain concoction, and in what proportions. He can also sniff out drugs or poisons that have been added to what he is about to wolf down, as well as detect airborne toxins by the way they make the air taste. This Knack doesn't tell the character what an ingredient is if he isn't already familiar with it: he would realize that what's making his iced tea sweet isn't sugar, for instance, but he wouldn't know if it was Equal or Splenda if he'd never had either artificial sweetener before. Instead, the Knack registers each component separately and provides an indication whether such components would be dangerous to consume. The character also remembers the taste and smell of various ingredients he experiences so she can recognize and identify them if he's exposed to them again.

Draconic Rampage
Duration: One Action
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Strength 4
When a Dragon with this Knack wants to break something, that thing is not long for this world. This Knack enhance the "Claw" and "Bite" mutations when the character attempts to destroy an inanimate object. If the target object is not under his control—such as a weapon or armor that someone else happens to be using—its Hardness and soak is considered to be halved when the character attempts to break it. If the target object is freestanding or under the character's control, the object's Hardness and soak is considered to be 0 against the character's attack.

Mighty Heave
Prerequisites: "Hurl to the Horizon", Strength 5
This Knack automatically triples the distance the character can throw a heavy object as a feat of strength. That tripling comes after the doubling provided by the prerequisite Knack. Mighty Heave does not affect the distance the character can throw a normal-sized object, but it does intensify the damage such an object can cause. Thrown weapons or other thrown items that would normally cause bashing damage (a coconut, for example) inflict lethal damage and take on the Piercing quality instead when the character uses Mighty Heave. Items that would normally cause lethal damage still cause only lethal damage, but they ignore armor when the character uses Mighty Heave. This Knack can only be purchased two times.

Shock Wave
Prerequisites: Strength 5
Dragons are so strong that they can direct their incredible power through the ground or floor to affect enemies at range. Doing so takes two separate forms.
-First, the character can stomp or strike the ground with his fists or a weapon, which sends a shock wave outward from him along the ground across an area with a radius equal to (Strength+Athletics) in yards. Potential victims—friend and foe alike—compare their Dodge DV to the character's (Strength+Athletics)/2, rounded up. If their DV overcomes it, they manage to jump and let the shock wave pass beneath them. If their DV isn't high enough, they immediately suffer knockdown as well as an amount of bashing damage equal to however many points their DV couldn't cancel out. If his allies know the character is about to use this Knack—if his using it is part of a coordinated assault, for instance—they can jump out of the way preemptively without having to rely on their DVs. This attack inflicts no damage on the floor or the ground the Scion strikes. All the energy is expended into the shock wave.
-The second form this power takes is more selective and deliberate. As with the first form, the character strikes the ground and sends a shock wave along the surface out to a distance equal to his (Strength+Athletics) in yards. This time, though, his player targets a single opponent. Compare that opponent's Dodge DV to the character's (Dexterity+Athletics): if his Dv isn't high enough to get him out of the way of the attack, the character makes a (Strength+Athletics) roll. The damage this attack inflicts is 1 Bashing damage for success, but it has one other effect that renders the victim almost helpless for a moment afterward. Any successes on the roll that exceed the victim's soak not only inflict damage but also hurl the victim straight up in the air (one yard per unsoaked damage). The victim's rise and fall takes six ticks, during which his DVs are considered to be halved. He can make ranged attacks at a -5 penalty, but he can't move or jump or do much of anything until he lands again. In fact, if the character's s attack sends him high enough in the air, the victim might take damage from crashing back down from so great a height.

Devourer
Prerequisites: "Inner Furnace", Stamina 4
The character will never lack for sustenance again. Any liquid that can exist at as a liquid at room temperature can sustain him as water sustains a mortal—even such distasteful liquids as gasoline, blood, pine-scented disinfectant or diet cola. The same goes for food. Whereas Inner Furnace requires that the character at least consume organic matter in order to fuel the inferno at his core, this Knack loosens even that restriction. He could fill his belly with sand, polystyrene, harmonicas or suture needles and not feel so much of a pang of indigestion. This Knack confers no special ability to chew up or tear off pieces of inorganic material, but anything small enough to swallow disappears down his gullet with no harmful effects and fuels him just as efficiently as normal food.

Draconic Fortitude
Prerequisites: "Iron Fortitude", Stamina 4
This Knack doubles the amount of time the character can work at a strenuous task once more after the prerequisite Knack doubles the base amount of time. This Knack also completely obviates the character's need for food or sleep or water. The character's player chooses which necessity the Knack takes away when he first chooses the Knack. When he does so, the character may still indulge in the activity, but he never suffers deprivation effects if he chooses not to. The character may take this Knack three separate times after he takes the prerequisite, each time obviating one of the three listed necessities. Taking the Knack multiple times does not, however, double the amount of time he can work at a strenuous task each time. That period doubles only once, the first time he takes the Knack.

Supreme Regeneration
Prerequisites: "Infinite Factory of Life", Essence 4
Not even the most grievous wound last long on a Dragon's body. This Knack permanently enhances "Infinite Factory of Life", allowing the character to instantly heal a Crippling wound as if he's healing a single Lethal Health level.

Instant Hypnosis
Cost: 1wp
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Manipulation 3
With a moment of eye contact and the expenditure of a Willpower point, the character instantly plunges a non-enlightened mortal into a hypnotic trance. Attempting to hypnotize any other creature of lesser or equal (Willpower+Essence) requires not only a Willpower expenditure but a (Manipulation+Presence+Essence) roll contested against the victim's (Willpower+Integrity+Essence). Users of this Knack cannot instantly hypnotize non-enlightened mortals of higher (Willpower+Essence). Should he successfully hypnotize a victim, the character can implant one hidden command that the victim must obey at the time of the character's choosing. The command must be something that the victim can accomplish in one scene, and the trigger condition that compels him to attempt it must occur within a number of months equal to the character's Essence. He can give as specific an order as he pleases, and a mortal cannot interpret it in any way other than the spirit in which it was intended. A non-enlightened mortal can interpret it loosely to his own advantage, but doing so costs him a point of Willpower. The victim remains unaware of the ticking time bomb in his subconscious, but he does have a chance to resist it when the trigger condition occurs. At the moment when he has been commanded to perform the action in question, the victim's player may make a (Wits+Integrity) roll. If the roll garners more successes than the hypnotist has dots of Essence, the compulsion is broken. If the last minute resistance roll fails, the victim must attempt to do as he was commanded. Whether he succeeds or fails, the compulsion ends after he makes the attempt, and he has no memory of what could possibly have convinced him to do as he did.

Broad–Spectrum Reception
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Perception 4
This Knack not only magnifies a Dragon's mortal senses, but steps beyond them altogether. His eyes can now perceive waves in the infrared and ultraviolet ends of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see magnetic fields, hear electricity humming within insulated wires and detect ultrasonic vibrations. He can smell the free electrons of a radioactive substance. He can even feel television and radio waves, though he can't quite translate them into discrete pictures or sounds. The only catch is that the character must be actively searching for each sensation—the default assumption is that his senses are those of a regular mortal. Attuning his brain for this higher awareness and overlaying it on his mortal consciousness costs 2 motes for the scene, but he can switch between the various sensations freely during that time.

Environmental Awareness
Prerequisites: "Instincts of the Beast", Wits 4
While using the "Enhanced Senses" mutation the character is so in tune with his surroundings, that he can detect even the most minute changes around him well before anyone else. He can feel the barometric pressure rise or drop (and describe it accurately), giving him an acute sense of what the weather is going to do in the next hour. He can feel the tiniest tectonic vibrations from deep within the earth, allowing him to accurately presage an earthquake. Changes in temperature are no mystery to him either. His awareness is so complete that should some unnatural factor change one of these elements, he's the first to notice and can even track the disturbance back to its source. Also, if enemies are lying in ambush in the nearby area and are not concealed by supernatural means, it is impossible for their surprise attack to catch the character unaware. He may join battle and react accordingly without his player having to roll to notice the hidden attack. If he reflexively spends 1 point of Willpower, he may call out a warning for his cohorts to be ready and react accordingly as well. As an added benefit, the character is unfailingly aware of the passage of time. Without even thinking about it, he can accurately say how much time has passed from any reference point that he has personally experienced.

Spatial Attunement
The character is so aware of his surroundings that his other senses (primarily those of hearing and smell) compensate for his eyes in identifying nearby objects outside his line of sight. He could recognize the person sneaking up on him by that person's telltale scent and mark exactly how far away that person is by the sound of his passing. With one quick glance around the room, he could mark in his mind exactly where every wall and piece of furniture is within. Having done so, he could then navigate the room with his eyes closed, even slipping through a milling crowd of people without bumping into anyone or anything. To a certain extent, the character can perceive what's going on around him in a 360-degree arc. Also, he suffers no penalties for fighting blind as long as he can hear or smell his opponents.

Supernatural Hunter
Prerequisite: "Predatory Focus", Perception 4
While using the "Enhanced Senses" mutation, this Knack makes the character into an unstoppable pursuer that prey animals have nightmares about. If he can find a location where he is absolutely certain his prey has been within the last 24 hours, he can follow that prey's trail unerringly no matter where the prey goes. If the prey takes flight—either because it's a bird or because it's a man with a plane ticket—he can track it through the air. If it swims away in a raging river, he can follow it through the water. If it gets into a car and drives uptown through rush hour traffic, he can retrace its path. Usually, the hardest part of the hunt lies in knowing where to start; after that, it's just a matter of catching up. The one hitch to using this Knack is that, unless the character has the Knack Telescopic Senses, he must be able to travel within 100 yards of the prey's path of escape. If the prey flies higher, swims deeper or burrows farther than 100 yards from the nearest path the character can take to follow, he loses the trail.

Telescopic Senses
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Perception 3
This Knack allows the character to hear, see and smell things from much farther away than mortal senses do. He can not only perceive these sensations, but perceive them as if they were happening right in front of him. If he's within the range at which the sound of someone's voice can travel, he can not only hear that voice, but follow its conversation as clearly as if he were participating. If a sniper is crouched high up on a ridgeline within his line of sight, he can not only see him but also recognize him and count the notches on his rifle stock. If he's wandering in the woods and the wind brings him the distant scent of someone's camp fire, he can not only smell it but tell what kind of wood they're burning, what brand of marshmallows they're roasting and how long it's been since they've had a good bath.

Language Mastery
The character can understand any language that is spoken to him. Once he's heard a few sentences, he can then speak that language back as if he grew up among native speakers. Writing the language is a bit trickier, as he can only transliterate his written words in the alphabet of his native language until someone teaches him the alphabet and punctuation of the new language. For instance, say a character with this Knack whose native language is English has picked up French at Orly Airport in Paris and would like to leave a thank-you note for a bartender who gave him helpful information. He might write, "Maresee du mah-vay zayday" to express his thanks, when what he really means is "Merci de m'avez aidé". Likewise, reading the new language can be difficult if that language uses characters that don't appear in an alphabet with which he is already familiar.

Multitasking
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Intelligence 4
The character can carry on as many separate primarily mental activities as he has dots of Essence simultaneously and with his full attention. A character with Essence 6 could play a game of chess against a recognized master while also playing go against a ninth-dan professional, translating a James Joyce novel into a different language, reprogramming his computer, planning a raid against the Stray Devils entrenched in the historic ruins across town and itemizing his various businesses' tax deductions for the year. The character never suffers distraction penalties for mental actions, nor are his separate simultaneous mental actions penalized as per the multiple action rules.

Instant Assessment
Cost: 1m per target, 1wp
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Wits 4
With a quick glance the character can size up a foe. This assessment comes across in terms of how the foe's combat abilities compare to his own. He gets a sense of whether the foe has more or fewer dots of Physical Attributes than he does. The same goes for their relative number
of dots in Martial Arts, Archery, Melee and Thrown, as well as their relative Join Battle dice pools and their soak totals. Also, the character discerns the strength and aspect of the target's Essence relative to his own. This information occurs reflexively to the character who uses the Knack, and he may assess as many foes automatically as he spends motes.

Cobra Reflexes
Prerequisites: "Predator Reflexes", Wits 4
This Knack permanently enhance the prerequisite Knack. When an unexpected attack targets the character but he fails to get enough successes on the (Wits + Awareness) roll to notice the attack coming, instead of defending he can decide to attack his attacker back at the same time. This counterattack is so lightning quick that it catches the attacker off guard as if he were also being caught by an unexpected attack. The character himself might not realize he's taken the attack action until the ambusher's attack has already hurt him.

Mountainous Beast Form
With this Knack the character may increase the size of his War Form. The size increase requires no extra effort or motes—the War Form doubles in size. Strength, Stamina and health levels increase as if the War Form carried the "Large" mutation (Strength +1, Stamina +1, -0 Health level +1).

Emperor Dragon Declaration
Cost: 3m, 1wp
Prerequisites: "Deadly Dragoon Warrior", Essence 5, Stamina 5
The character transcends the War Form—he becomes a true dragon, the superior race. He assumes the shape of a Western Dragon and gains all the benefits of "Deadly Dragoon Warrior". Furthermore, his size is now large enough to engage in mass combat as a unit with a Magnitude equal to the character's Essence. represent the character's size outside of mass combat by increasing his Strength and Soak by an amount equal to his Essence.

Dragon's Might Technique
Prerequisites: Essence 1, Stamina 1
Dragons are eternal: not so easily are their mighty bodies slain. This Knack gives the user additional health levels. He may purchase this Knack multiple times, but no more than once per dot of Stamina. Each purchase provides 1 additional Dying health level and one of the following:
-One -0 health level
-Two -1 health levels
-Three -2 health levels
-Four -4 health levels

Dragon's Breath
Prerequisites: Essence 1
The user can breath fire from his mouth. Rolls (Dexterity + [Athletics, Archery or Thrown]) to hit and add the user's Essence as extra successes if successful. Dragon's Breath has an area of effect 15 yards long and five yards wide, and it deals (Stamina+Essence) Lethal damage.

Prodigious Leap
This Knack doubles the user's vertical and horizontal jumping distances. He may purchase this Knack multiple times.

Hurl to the Horizon
Prerequisites: Strength 3
This Knack doubles the distance the user can throw something as a feat of strength. He may purchase this Knack multiple times.

Uplifting Might
Prerequisites: Strength 2
This Knack doubles the user's lift capacity. He may purchase this Knack multiple times.

Lightning Sprinter
This Knack doubles the amount of distance the can cover in a Move and Dash action. What's more, it negates the movement penalties a character should accrue for dashing through water or mud as long as the user began his Dash action on terrain with no such penalty and continues to perform consecutive Dash actions. As long as he keeps dashing his feet skim the surface of the water or muck like a skipping stone. If he should slow down or stop, however, he sinks into the sucking terrain to suffer the normal penalties. He may purchase this Knack multiple times.

Swords Are Useless
The user convert all the lethal damage from a single attack into bashing damage, though an overload of bashing damage still upgrades existing bashing damage to lethal. This Knack cannot convert aggravated damage into anything less grave. The user cannot convert old lethal damage into bashing damage.

Iron Fortitude
The periods in which the user is able to go without food, water and sleep all double. The amount of time he is able to work at a strenuous task without stopping also doubles. He may purchase this Knack multiple times.

Inner Furnace
The user rarely finds himself lacking for sustenance. As long as he can find some sort of organic substance (from rotting quail eggs to a piece of notebook paper on which someone blew her nose) he can eat it and survive. And as long as he finds a source of water (no matter how stagnant or polluted it might be), he can drink it and survive. Any pestilence or poison lurking in what he consumes burns in the fires of his superior constitution without even requiring a Resistance roll. The same goes for drugs or poisons he ingests on purpose: he's still just as susceptible to airborne toxins and any drug injected into his bloodstream, but any drug that has to go through his stomach first stops there. This Knack does nothing to suppress the gag reflex or make an unappetizing meal taste better.

Predatory Focus
The user is a hunter par excellence. With a successful (Perception + Survival) roll, he can track his prey by scent alone or by almost-invisible physical signs. With this Knack, the hunter can follow his prey across any sort of terrain as long as the prey continues to flee and does not take significant pains to mask its scent or minimize the disturbance its passing causes: the former entails such extremes as swimming a mile upstream in a rushing river or taking refuge inside a functioning hog rendering plant, the latter includes little short of levitating or flying. Picking up a lost trail with this Knack requires a new (Perception + Survival) roll.

Instincts of the Beast
Prerequisites: Wits 2
Whenever the user enters an area where an ambush is waiting, even if he has no reason to suspect he's in danger, certain tiny clues set his subconscious on edge, preparing him for an attack. When the attacker finally springs the surprise assault, the user hears the tiniest rustle of fabric, sees the slightest flicker in his peripheral vision or feels the gentlest twitch of displaced air, and the clues he already noticed all add up. Double the number of dices on the standard (Wits + Awareness) roll to detect the ambush.

Dragon Essence Domination
Repurchase: 9 Xp
Knack Slots: 4

List of new Knacks:

Welsh Dragon's Blessing
Prerequisites: Essence 4
Those that confide in the Welsh Dragon never suffer from hunger. The character can spend 1 mote to permanently double a single characteristic of a common object, like the size of an apple or the amount of sugar in a fruit's juice. The size cannot be bigger than the character's own size. It cannot be used on living beings more complex than a non-magical plant.

Refined Palate
Prerequisites: Perception 4
The character has exceptionally precise senses of taste and smell (as the latter enhances the former). With a faint sniff or a tentative taste he can figure out what ingredients compose a certain concoction, and in what proportions. He can also sniff out drugs or poisons that have been added to what he is about to wolf down, as well as detect airborne toxins by the way they make the air taste. This Knack doesn't tell the character what an ingredient is if he isn't already familiar with it: he would realize that what's making his iced tea sweet isn't sugar, for instance, but he wouldn't know if it was Equal or Splenda if he'd never had either artificial sweetener before. Instead, the Knack registers each component separately and provides an indication whether such components would be dangerous to consume. The character also remembers the taste and smell of various ingredients he experiences so she can recognize and identify them if he's exposed to them again.

Draconic Rampage
Duration: One Action
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Strength 4
When a Dragon with this Knack wants to break something, that thing is not long for this world. This Knack enhance the "Claws" Mutation when the character attempts to destroy an inanimate object. If the target object is not under his control—such as a weapon or armor that someone else happens to be using—its Hardness and soak is considered to be halved when the character attempts to break it. If the target object is freestanding or under the character's control, the object's Hardness and soak is considered to be 0 against the character's attack.

Mighty Heave
Prerequisites: "Hurl to the Horizon", Strength 5
This Knack automatically triples the distance the character can throw a heavy object as a feat of strength. That tripling comes after the doubling provided by the prerequisite Knack. Mighty Heave does not affect the distance the character can throw a normal-sized object, but it does intensify the damage such an object can cause. Thrown weapons or other thrown items that would normally cause Bashing damage (a coconut, for example) inflict Lethal damage and take on the Piercing quality instead when the character uses Mighty Heave. Items that would normally cause Lethal damage still cause only Lethal damage, but they ignore non-magical armor when the character uses Mighty Heave. This Knack can only be purchased two times.

Shock Wave
Prerequisites: Strength 5
Dragons are so strong that they can direct their incredible power through the ground or floor to affect enemies at range. Doing so takes two separate forms.
-First, the character can stomp or strike the ground with his fists or a weapon, which sends a shock wave outward from him along the ground across an area with a radius equal to (Strength+Athletics) in yards. Potential victims—friend and foe alike—compare their Dodge DV to the character's (Strength+Athletics)/2, rounded up. If their DV overcomes it, they manage to jump and let the shock wave pass beneath them. If their DV isn't high enough, they immediately suffer knockdown as well as an amount of bashing damage equal to however many points their DV couldn't cancel out. If his allies know the character is about to use this Knack—if his using it is part of a coordinated assault, for instance—they can jump out of the way preemptively without having to rely on their DVs. This attack inflicts no damage on the floor or the ground the Scion strikes. All the energy is expended into the shock wave.
-The second form this power takes is more selective and deliberate. As with the first form, the character strikes the ground and sends a shock wave along the surface out to a distance equal to his (Strength+Athletics) in yards. This time, though, his player targets a single opponent. Compare that opponent's Dodge DV to the character's (Dexterity+Athletics): if his Dv isn't high enough to get him out of the way of the attack, the character makes a (Strength+Athletics) roll. The damage this attack inflicts is 1 Bashing damage for success, but it has one other effect that renders the victim almost helpless for a moment afterward. Any successes on the roll that exceed the victim's soak not only inflict damage but also hurl the victim straight up in the air (one yard per unsoaked damage). The victim's rise and fall takes six ticks, during which his DVs are considered to be halved. He can make ranged attacks at a -5 penalty, but he can't move or jump or do much of anything until he lands again. In fact, if the character's s attack sends him high enough in the air, the victim might take damage from crashing back down from so great a height.

Devourer
Prerequisites: "Inner Furnace", Stamina 4
The character will never lack for sustenance again. Any liquid that can exist at as a liquid at room temperature can sustain him as water sustains a mortal—even such distasteful liquids as gasoline, blood, pine-scented disinfectant or diet cola. The same goes for food. Whereas Inner Furnace requires that the character at least consume organic matter in order to fuel the inferno at his core, this Knack loosens even that restriction. He could fill his belly with sand, polystyrene, harmonicas or suture needles and not feel so much of a pang of indigestion. This Knack confers no special ability to chew up or tear off pieces of inorganic material, but anything small enough to swallow disappears down his gullet with no harmful effects and fuels him just as efficiently as normal food.

Draconic Fortitude
Prerequisites: "Iron Fortitude", Stamina 4
This Knack doubles the amount of time the character can work at a strenuous task once more after the prerequisite Knack doubles the base amount of time. This Knack also completely obviates a Scion's need for food or sleep or water. The character's player chooses which necessity the Knack takes away when he first chooses the Knack. When he does so, the character may still indulge in the activity, but he never suffers deprivation effects if he chooses not to. A Scion character may take this Knack three separate times after he takes the prerequisite, each time obviating one of the three listed necessities. Taking the Knack multiple times does not, however, double the amount of time he can work at a strenuous task each time. That period doubles only once, the first time he takes the Knack.

Supreme Regeneration
Prerequisites: "Infinite Factory of Life", Essence 4
Not even the most grievous wound last long on a Dragon's body. This Knack permanently enhances "Infinite Factory of Life", allowing the character to instantly heal a Crippling wound as if he's healing a single Lethal Health level.

Instant Hypnosis
Cost: 1wp
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Manipulation 3
With a moment of eye contact and the expenditure of a Willpower point, the character instantly plunges a non-enlightened mortal into a hypnotic trance. Attempting to hypnotize any other creature of lesser or equal (Willpower+Essence) requires not only a Willpower expenditure but a (Manipulation+Presence+Essence) roll contested against the victim's (Willpower+Integrity+Essence). Users of this Knack cannot instantly
hypnotize non-enlightened mortals of higher (Willpower+Essence). Should he successfully hypnotize a victim, the character can implant one hidden command that the victim must obey at the time of the character's choosing. The command must be something that the victim can accomplish in one scene, and the trigger condition that compels him to attempt it must occur within a number of months equal to the character's Essence. He can give as specific an order as he pleases, and a mortal cannot interpret it in any way other than the spirit in which it was intended. A non-enlightened mortal can interpret it loosely to his own advantage, but doing so costs him a point of Willpower. The victim remains unaware of the ticking time bomb in his subconscious, but he does have a chance to resist it when the trigger condition occurs. At the moment when he has been commanded to perform the action in question, the victim's player may make a (Wits+Integrity) roll. If the roll garners more successes than the hypnotist has
dots of Essence, the compulsion is broken. If the last minute resistance roll fails, the victim must attempt to do as he was commanded. Whether he succeeds or fails, the compulsion ends after he makes the attempt, and he has no memory of what could possibly have convinced him to do as he did.

Broad–Spectrum Reception
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Perception 4
This Knack not only magnifies a Dragon's mortal senses, but steps beyond them altogether. His eyes can now perceive waves in the infrared and ultraviolet ends of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see magnetic fields, hear electricity humming within insulated wires and detect ultrasonic vibrations. He can smell the free electrons of a radioactive substance. He can even feel television and radio waves, though he can't quite translate them into discrete pictures or sounds. The only catch is that the character must be actively searching for each sensation—the default assumption is that his senses are those of a regular mortal. Attuning his brain for this higher awareness and overlaying it on his mortal consciousness costs 2 motes for the scene, but he can switch between the various sensations freely during that time.

Environmental Awareness
Prerequisites: "Instincts of the Beast", Wits 4
The character is so in tune with his surroundings, that he can detect even the most minute changes around him well before anyone else. He can feel the barometric pressure rise or drop (and describe it accurately), giving him an acute sense of what the weather is going to do in the next hour. He can feel the tiniest tectonic vibrations from deep within the earth, allowing him to accurately presage an earthquake. Changes in temperature are no mystery to him either. His awareness is so complete that should some unnatural factor change one of these elements, he's the first to notice and can even track the disturbance back to its source. Also, if enemies are lying in ambush in the nearby area and are not concealed by supernatural means, it is impossible for their surprise attack to catch the character unaware. He may join battle and react accordingly without his player having to roll to notice the hidden attack. If he reflexively spends 1 point of Willpower, he may call out a warning for his cohorts to be ready and react accordingly as well. As an added benefit, the Scion is unfailingly aware of the passage of time. Without even thinking about it, he can accurately say how much time has passed from any reference point that he has personally experienced.

Spatial Attunement
The character is so aware of his surroundings that his other senses (primarily those of hearing and smell) compensate for his eyes in identifying nearby objects outside his line of sight. He could recognize the person sneaking up on him by that person's telltale scent and mark exactly how far away that person is by the sound of his passing. With one quick glance around the room, he could mark in his mind exactly where every wall and piece of furniture is within. Having done so, he could then navigate the room with his eyes closed, even slipping through a milling crowd of people without bumping into anyone or anything. To a certain extent, the character can perceive what's going on around him in a 360-degree arc. Also, he suffers no penalties for fighting blind as long as he can hear or smell his opponents.

Supernatural Hunter
Prerequisite: "Predatory Focus", Perception 4
This Knack makes the character into an unstoppable pursuer that prey animals have nightmares about. If he can find a location where he is absolutely certain his prey has been within the last 24 hours, he can follow that prey's trail unerringly no matter where the prey goes. If the prey takes flight—either because it's a bird or because it's a man with a plane ticket—he can track it through the air. If it swims away in a raging river, he can follow it through the water. If it gets into a car and drives uptown through rush hour traffic, he can retrace its path. Usually, the hardest part of the hunt lies in knowing where to start; after that, it's just a matter of catching up. The one hitch to using this Knack is that, unless the character has the Knack Telescopic Senses, he must be able to travel within 100 yards of the prey's path of escape. If the prey flies higher, swims deeper or burrows farther than 100 yards from the nearest path the character can take to follow, he loses the trail.

Telescopic Senses
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Perception 3
This Knack allows the character to hear, see and smell things from much farther away than mortal senses do. He can not only perceive these sensations, but perceive them as if they were happening right in front of him. If he's within the range at which the sound of someone's voice can travel, he can not only hear that voice, but follow its conversation as clearly as if he were participating. If a sniper is crouched high up on a ridgeline within his line of sight, he can not only see him but also recognize him and count the notches on his rifle stock. If he's wandering in the woods and the wind brings him the distant scent of someone's camp fire, he can not only smell it but tell what kind of wood they're burning, what brand of marshmallows they're roasting and how long it's been since they've had a good bath.

Language Mastery

Multitasking
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Intelligence 4
The character can carry on as many separate primarily mental activities as he has dots of Essence simultaneously and with his full attention. A character with Essence 6 could play a game of chess against a recognized master while also playing go against a ninth-dan professional, translating a James Joyce novel into a different language, reprogramming his computer, planning a raid against the Stray Devils entrenched in the historic ruins across town and itemizing his various businesses' tax deductions for the year. The character never suffers distraction penalties for mental actions, nor are his separate simultaneous mental actions penalized as per the multiple action rules.

Instant Assessment
Cost: 1m per target, 1wp
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Wits 4
With a quick glance the character can size up a foe. This assessment comes across in terms of how the foe's combat abilities compare to his own. He gets a sense of whether the foe has more or fewer dots of Physical Attributes than he does. The same goes for their relative number
of dots in Martial Arts, Archery, Melee and Thrown, as well as their relative Join Battle dice pools and their soak totals. Also, the character discerns the strength and aspect of the target's Essence relative to his own. This information occurs reflexively to the character who uses the Knack, and he may assess as many foes automatically as he spends motes.

Cobra Reflexes
Prerequisites: "Predator Reflexes", Wits 4
This Knack permanently enhance the prerequisite Knack. When an unexpected attack targets the character but he fails to get enough successes on the (Wits + Awareness) roll to notice the attack coming, instead of defending he can decide to attack his attacker back at the same time. This counterattack is so lightning quick that it catches the attacker off guard as if he were also being caught by an unexpected attack. The character himself might not realize he's taken the attack action until the ambusher's attack has already hurt him.

Mountainous Beast Form

Emperor Dragon Declaration
Cost: 3m, 1wp
Prerequisites: "Deadly Dragoon Warrior", Essence 5, Stamina 5
The character transcends the War Form—he becomes a true dragon, the superior race. He assumes the shape of a Western Dragon and gains all the benefits of "Deadly Dragoon Warrior". Furthermore, his size is now large enough to engage in mass combat as a unit with a Magnitude equal to the character's Essence. represent the character's size outside of mass combat by increasing his Strength and Soak by an amount equal to his Essence.

For now those.

I am awake again.

First, I thought of a way to balance the Claws/FoIT thing:

Boosted Gear

Being a Form Weapon, Issei can use FoIT with it equipped, but not without. Fair?

----

EternitynChaos made an interesting proposal: Knacks to modify the War Form, just like Lunars can do.

"Deadly Dragoon Warrior": it's the base War Form transformation. It is called the Dragoon.

Sage Dragon Meditation
Cost: +1m, +1wp
Prerequisites: "Deadly Dragoon Warrior", Essence 4, Stamina 4, Wits 4
With Power, so to must there be control or all is lost to Ruin and Destruction. This is true with Dragons as much as it is with Men, as proven by the so called Evil Dragons. This method was created by the Dragons of the East, famed for their Control over themselves and the World.

By paying an additional mote and point of Willpower this Knack allows the user to manifest an alternate War Form, called the Sage Dragon. It is similar to the Deadly Dragoon Warrior transformation in that there sense are enhanced, and they become physically tougher (gaining the effects of the scale mutation and all bonuses to them, if not the physical scales themselves), but the character's body remain mostly human: the scales recede and compress, forming an armor-like protection (customizable by the player) with clawed hands and feet; the wings become two big spikes, but the character can still fly as if he had wings, represented by wind current carrying his body through the air; he acquires horns on his head, and his ear become dragon-like.

breath_of_fire_v___ryu_by_haouform-d4dzylu.jpg

434587_1272910443773_full.jpg

void_ogre_dragon_girl_by_dragonnegro111-d6dyrm8.jpg

(Those are possible examples)

The Sage Dragon gains the follows physical boosts (that replace the ones from the Dragoon): Perception/2 to Strength, Intelligence/2 to Stamina and (Essence+Wits)/2 to Dexterity. This form allows the character to use a Form-type Charm as if he is completely human, but he may have only one Form-type Charm active at any time,, even if special effects allow him to have more than one at the same time.

----

Other ideas include:

A "Dragon Emperor Shintai", who grants all the bonus of (present and not) Dragoon Knack and variants of it (even watched Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibōken?);

Variants of the Dragon's Breath, where you can use different elements and switch Stats used for another. I was said D&D Dragons are a good reference, but I am not very knowledgeable;

Elements Control Powers, similar to Exalted Elemental.

They're still downloading I think.

Anyway, Western Dragon version:

Savage Dragon Focus
Cost: +1m, +1wp
Prerequisites: "Deadly Dragoon Warrior", Essence 4, Stamina 4, Strength 4
When blood runs too hot, many dragons willingly give themselves up to their violent Passions. Many Evil Dragons began their fall with this Knack.

By paying an additional mote and point of Willpower this Knack allows the user to manifest an alternate War Form, called the Savage Dragon. It is similar to the Deadly Dragoon Warrior transformation in that there sense are enhanced, and they become physically tougher (gaining the effects of the scale mutation and all bonuses to them, if not the physical scales themselves), but the character's body becomes even more dragon-like and fearsome, resembling more a dragon that learned to stand upright than a hybrid of dragon and human. The new form is customizable by the player, but must be clearly inhumane.

Bof1-meta01.jpg

(This is a possible example)

The Savage Dragon gains the follows physical boosts (that replace the ones from the Dragoon): add Essence to Strength, Soak and Hardness. This form is incompatible to all Martial Arts that forbid the use of inhuman body patterns. The user also gains a menacing aura, forcing all characters trying to attack him to make a Valor roll sets at Difficulty 1 at the start of their turn: failure impose a -2 penalty to all their rolls until the DV refresh.

Sorry to double post here but I don't want to clog up the knacks info

First how much does raising an attribute cost exp wise? Since purchase and training are the only two ways to raise them I'd really want to use exp on the attributes first and go into exp debt if we have to for some charms if we need them.

Second Didn't we already finish training for hypnotic tongue and hastening night's end? or did we just buy them and not fully learn them?

Third how many dragon knacks slots do we have? Do we have any empty? and what happens when we want to buy more then we can have?

those are the immediate questions I have before finalizing my plan.

if it has not changed then

Attribute 6/7/8* 1 month (30 days, 3+ hours for day) *(6 Xp to improve it from 1 to 3, 7 Xp to improve it from 4 to 7, 8 Xp to improve it from 8+)

and this is our current time stored
Intelligence: 16/30 days
Strength: 10/30 days (1 Month completed!)
Dexterity: 10/30 days (1 Month completed!)
Perception: 0/30 days (1 Month completed!)
Socialize: 0/6 days (1 Week completed!)
Performance: 0/6 days (1 Week completed!)
Charisma: 7/30 days
Stamina: 11/30 days
Wits: 22/30 days
Manipulation: 12/30 days

okay so 14 exp to raise strength and wits and 13 to raise wits to 4

costing us a total of 27 exp leaving us with 3 exp left

okay going to change my vote a bit to bring strength wits and intelligence to 4 leaving wits at 3 as it costs the same but increasing our skills even more

I myself am hoping to unlock Balance Breaker in the fight with Kokabiel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back