• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

It has been a while I guess, so it's forgiveable, but Eiko isn't for lewds, word of QM on that, she has family obligations and such and will probably be having an Omai at some point in the future, it's probably just a lot of paper work and or ceremony rather then anything you people seem to be thinking, hate to break it to you, again
My point was that performance is the stat checked for a prayer roll. Especially for this kind of heavily ritualized prayer, which is also common in Creation. I fully agree that Eiko is an employee, not a lover. I just want to make sure we make a good impression on Amataresu, since she apparently likes us and is willing to hook us up.

Hey-o! Just found this blitzed through, lovin it. Have to ask, what ever happened to the plan we had with the devil pieces where we were researching them to create our own and make our own peerage? i was lookin forwards to that and everybody seems to have forgotten

Hey-o! Just found this blitzed through, lovin it. Have to ask, what ever happened to the plan we had with the devil pieces where we were researching them to create our own and make our own peerage? i was lookin forwards to that and everybody seems to have forgotten
Re-read the last update.

It has been a while I guess, so it's forgiveable, but Eiko isn't for lewds, word of QM on that, she has family obligations and such and will probably be having an Omai at some point in the future, it's probably just a lot of paper work and or ceremony rather then anything you people seem to be thinking, hate to break it to you, again
The only thing I can find on that is this:
Nnnnot exactly. She doesn't have an arranged marriage/husband. It is however true that Yatagarasu are extremely traditionalists (this tell you a lot about their patron deity), and so Eiko was raised with the idea that she will one day marry one of her species, one worthy and that she will approve of. Which is likely to happen because the Sun Ravens take the education of their youngs very seriously. They don't make the same mistakes of humans, or so they brag.
So unlikely, not impossible. Especially with how Issei has been throwing "tradition" out the window. *shrugs*

Edit: To clarify, I might be missing something, so....

Last edited:
The only thing I can find on that is this:

So unlikely, not impossible. Especially with how Issei has been throwing "tradition" out the window. *shrugs*

Edit: To clarify, I might be missing something, so....
it would require stamping all over Eiko and her wants and desires... which goes completely against Issei's character, in baseline OR the quest

seriously one female friend we are NOT involved with sexually is not a bad thing, particularly when she's out PA and nominal second, fucking the PA always ends badly

And most of what I'm basing this on is conversations I've had with Alexander via PM

it would require stamping all over Eiko and her wants and desires... which goes completely against Issei's character, in baseline OR the quest

seriously one female friend we are NOT involved with sexually is not a bad thing, particularly when she's out PA and nominal second, fucking the PA always ends badly
And I wasn't suggesting "stamping all over Eiko and her wants and desires", I was suggesting Eiko might end up taking a page out of Issei's book, and go "I am going to do things my way, and you are going to respect that, understood?"

And besides the fact that "fucking the PA" doesn't always go badly....I find the idea of Eiko breaking with tradition to be with someone not Issei amusing.
And most of what I'm basing this on is conversations I've had with Alexander via PM
Which does tend to make things like this hard, yes.

Though honestly, I think the most likely scenario for her breaking tradition would be if there's no-one that is "worthy" and that she "approves of" available. Probably due to them being already taken, or not viewing her as "worthy/not approving of her(or her master).

Man, what it would be like to be the guy in that relationship... I mean, think about it, somewhere down the line, Eiko's husband would probably have the very smallest insecure gut feeling about his wife, who is secretary to what is basically a Sex God.

And I wasn't suggesting "stamping all over Eiko and her wants and desires", I was suggesting Eiko might end up taking a page out of Issei's book, and go "I am going to do things my way, and you are going to respect that, understood?"

Well, considering her Motivation is

Motivation: To become a great and respectable Yatagarasu

going against the traditions of her race and what would MAKE her a respectable Yatagarasu kinda seems a little backwards with something she'd do, ya

if we have any of our group who are Traditionalists and who are likely to stay that way, and are happy that way? it's her

Well, considering her Motivation is

going against the traditions of her race and what would MAKE her a respectable Yatagarasu kinda seems a little backwards with something she'd do, ya

if we have any of our group who are Traditionalists and who are likely to stay that way, and are happy that way? it's her
I'm aware of her motivation. The thing is, what defines "great and respectable", and what is stopping that definition from changing?

I'm not saying she will, I explicitly said it was "unlikely". Just that from the information I could find, there was a small chance it may not end up that way. And that's probably with Issei doing something that would change her opinion or deciding to seduce her(aka, with active player involvement).

And quite frankly, I don't have the urge to dedicate the effort for such a thing.

Mind, if she does end up wanting something different, but feels trapped by tradition, I'm going to vote for Issei going in blazing.

And just to clarify, I think the most likely scenario for that would probably be "I don't want to get married", if her people have a stigma against not getting married anyway.

Speaking of Amataresu, I have to wonder how many people out there are assuming Issei is her son. He has to be at least partly human to be wielding a sacred gear, but there's no way he's 100% human with the level of power he can wield. Sure being a Dragon explains a lot of it, but he has to be the youngest Dragon ever by a pretty big margin. And a Sun Dragon? That's weird. Like, should probably be impossible weird. Plus he throws around sun based holy magic like it comes perfectly naturally to him. And some of his followers openly call him a 'Sun Dragon Demi-God'. Which admittedly doesn't mean it has to be Amataresu, the Greek gods are promiscuous enough that it wouldn't be impossible for Apollo to have a kid that ended up in Japan.

But then there's Eiko. Japanese mythology is real clear on yatagarasu serving mortals: the only way for one to willingly serve a mortal is for that mortal to have Amataresu's divine favor. Been that way ever since one served the first Emperor and help him in founding Japan. So if someone who didn't know about the Exaltation was looking into Issei, the most likely conclusion would be that he's Amataresu's kid.

I wonder how Sonia feels about that.

Speaking of Amataresu, I have to wonder how many people out there are assuming Issei is her son. He has to be at least partly human to be wielding a sacred gear, but there's no way he's 100% human with the level of power he can wield. Sure being a Dragon explains a lot of it, but he has to be the youngest Dragon ever by a pretty big margin. And a Sun Dragon? That's weird. Like, should probably be impossible weird. Plus he throws around sun based holy magic like it comes perfectly naturally to him. And some of his followers openly call him a 'Sun Dragon Demi-God'. Which admittedly doesn't mean it has to be Amataresu, the Greek gods are promiscuous enough that it wouldn't be impossible for Apollo to have a kid that ended up in Japan.

But then there's Eiko. Japanese mythology is real clear on yatagarasu serving mortals: the only way for one to willingly serve a mortal is for that mortal to have Amataresu's divine favor. Been that way ever since one served the first Emperor and help him in founding Japan. So if someone who didn't know about the Exaltation was looking into Issei, the most likely conclusion would be that he's Amataresu's kid.

I wonder how Sonia feels about that.
Considering his parents are know, a more "obvious" conclusion would be a throwback, actually. Possibly a result of Boosted Gear helping awakening some divine heritage, maybe with a dragon ancestor thrown in for good measure.

Considering his parents are know, a more "obvious" conclusion would be a throwback, actually. Possibly a result of Boosted Gear helping awakening some divine heritage, maybe with a dragon ancestor thrown in for good measure.
A goddess could easily set up an adoption. Besides, he looks nothing like his parents at this point. His going from mostly forgettable looks to one of the most beautiful people alive, a trait Amataresu also has, in a single day would most easily be passed off as magics hiding his heritage breaking as he reaches adulthood.

I'm not saying distant ancestry is an impossible conclusion to draw, but there's plenty of canon examples of people with that kind of heratige and frankly the Hero Descendants don't have shit on Issei. He's just too powerful and advancing too rapidly for that to fit.

A goddess could easily set up an adoption. Besides, he looks nothing like his parents at this point. His going from mostly forgettable looks to one of the most beautiful people alive, a trait Amataresu also has, in a single day would most easily be passed off as magics hiding his heritage breaking as he reaches adulthood.

I'm not saying distant ancestry is an impossible conclusion to draw, but there's plenty of canon examples of people with that kind of heratige and frankly the Hero Descendants don't have shit on Issei. He's just too powerful and advancing too rapidly for that to fit.
It depends. (In-universe talk follows)While the Dragon thing could just be because of Boosted Gear, no other user has demonstrated the particular set of abilities he has. It is not inconceivable he's the product of two supernatural lineages converging and feeding off of each other. Add in Boosted Gear, and its a distinct possibility.

Further more, all of the Hero Descendants seen are either separated by many hundreds of years, or merely inheritors of their "spirit". If the supernatural bloodlines are more recent, its possible they're exhibit themselves more strongly. And quite frankly, each Hero Descendant is their own person, with their strength and rate of growth being highly variable. If he was one who took to his heritage(s) like a duck too water, and it was a relatively "fresh" bloodline, it could explain his power. And quite frankly, all Boosted Gear users grow at an astounding rate.

Of course, there's a third possibility:
Issei's parents had great trouble conceiving a child, first having to get an abortion due to the health risks, then suffering a still-birth two years later. After that, with the difficulties of getting pregnant, and the low odds of success if fertilization is achieved, they gave up, until 8 years later Issei was conceived by accident. Naturally, they did everything possible for both mother and child to be as safe and healthy as possible.

As part of that, Issei's father walked barefoot through the snow at night a hundred times to pray at a Shinto temples, plus numerous prayers at a Buddhist temple. That prayer?
"I offer you my life. You can halve the remainder of my life. How about it? Just protect my child. I beg you. Please."

And then Issei was born, healthy, with his mother surviving as well.

People who investigate might think that Amaterasu might have heard, and granted the request, with Issei being blessed as a result.

A combination of possibilities 2 and 3 is also something that'd have to be considered.

A combination of possibilities 2 and 3 is also something that'd have to be considered.
Definitly looks possible. Either way, a lot of people are likely to be assuming he has very close ties to the Shinto faction that he's keeping quiet for some reason.
So people will assume he's a Scion when in fact he's an Exalted?
That's my theory. It certainly explains a lot of the discrepancies surrounding him.

Last edited:
So guys what pieces should everyone be? My personal thoughts are
Mittelt: Queen (she seems the most 'all rounder' type of our followers so far who's fighting style would be helped by queen.)

Asia: Bishop (yeah no other real option here. she's bishop through and through.)

Ruby: Rook (At first I thought ruby should be a knight, but then i realized she already HAS bullshit speed, knight wouldn't be that big of a boost for her, she needs the durability and power of rook)

Yang: Knight (Exact opposite of ruby, has he durability, needs the speed so her enemies can't run.)

Kitsukawa: Pawn (I had no idea what to classify him as at first, both the power of the rook and the speed of the knight would fit him well. Then i remembered pawns promote. Yeah.)

What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?
From what I recall the last time it was brought up way back when, we kinda wanted our own system for our pieces.
Devils get chess, Angel (might/will) get cards, so as our own faction we should have our own theme.

The previously mentioned shitstorm? It was the argument over which game we should use. I faintly recall Arcana being suggested, but honestly it's been so long I've forgotten about most suggestions.
And now we get to have the argument all over again. Joy.

From what I recall the last time it was brought up way back when, we kinda wanted our own system for our pieces.
Devils get chess, Angel (might/will) get cards, so as our own faction we should have our own theme.

The previously mentioned shitstorm? It was the argument over which game we should use. I faintly recall Arcana being suggested, but honestly it's been so long I've forgotten about most suggestions.
And now we get to have the argument all over again. Joy.
I did want a differant system, but thats not REALLY important to my question since i imagine the base concepts will be similar, buffing certain aspects

Tarot card Arcana, FSN serevent cards, RPG style classes and other ideas were discussed.

Servants would be funny, but probably would get shot down by his associates as too otaku. I think Rias would be on our side though, she's a fan.
we were also talking about doing the severents approch with custom classes since we don't want a berserker class.

we were also talking about doing the severents approch with custom classes since we don't want a berserker class.
Yeah, but still too derivative. I'm gonna put my vote on... mimicking the Maidens. We've already manage to bodge together a decent copy of Lunars using dragon knacks, why not continue the theme and knock off the sidereals as well? Besides, if you're going to steal then you should steal from the best. What better source of inspiration can there be than the Great Maker himself?

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we could then turn the ninja squad into sailor scouts, why would you even think that?

Yeah, but still too derivative. I'm gonna put my vote on... mimicking the Maidens. We've already manage to bodge together a decent copy of Lunars using dragon knacks, why not continue the theme and knock off the sidereals as well? Besides, if you're going to steal then you should steal from the best. What better source of inspiration can there be than the Great Maker himself?

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we could then turn the ninja squad into sailor scouts, why would you even think that?
some name ideas for that and I'm going to refer to the exaltation as shards for this it make it easy on me.

Warrior Shards to represent the Maiden of Battle. They would look like Red crystals
Shadow shards to represent the maiden of Secrets. They would look like dark green crystals
Traveler Shards to represent the Maiden of Journeys. They would look like yellow crystals
Lover Shards to represent the Maiden of Serenity. They would look like azure crystals
Void Shards to represent the Maiden of Endings. They would look like violet crystals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back