• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

wasprider I am seriously starting to wonder if you have even bothered to read anything other then maybe the story posts, considering reason one of the whole point of doing this is teaching our followers CMA and that kinda thing needs Essence 5+ at least, seriously go back to the start and read everything, there's a lot of stuff that has been talked over, multiple times that's probably good to know

on the Telepathy thing, let me put it to you this way, imagine you have a girl friend/boy friend/whatever now, imagine they can call you directly to YOUR MIND any time of the day, now, image that times the number of people Issei is dealing with, now remember he can't just ignore these calls because they may actually be important so HE IS NEVER GOING TO GET ANY ALONE TIME

seriously how hard is it to understand that telepathy is a horrible thing to inflict on someone and anyone would have to be insane or the worst sort of masochist to want it

Last edited:
i kinda see why telepathy is a bad idea when you have a harem
it work better when there is only one or maybe two people hook up to your head

The thing about Pactio telepathy is that it's basically a cellphone. So you can reject answering someone if you want to. Course, they actually do bring it up. And it's kind of redundant if you already have a cellphone. Course, it is pretty useful if you are in an area with no reception. Like the magical world in negima. But the telepathy can be blocked by outside forces so yea. There's a lot of weaknesses with it. But it's not quite as terrible as Eternity is making it out to be.

[X] Fate/Servent Based

There are a lot more classes than just the traditional seven. It doesn't even have to be limited to one member of each class. Look at Apocrypha.

wasprider I am seriously starting to wonder if you have even bothered to read anything other then maybe the story posts, considering reason one of the whole point of doing this is teaching our followers CMA and that kinda thing needs Essence 5+ at least, seriously go back to the start and read everything, there's a lot of stuff that has been talked over, multiple times that's probably good to know

on the Telepathy thing, let me put it to you this way, imagine you have a girl friend/boy friend/whatever now, imagine they can call you directly to YOUR MIND any time of the day, now, image that times the number of people Issei is dealing with, now remember he can't just ignore these calls because they may actually be important so HE IS NEVER GOING TO GET ANY ALONE TIME

seriously how hard is it to understand that telepathy is a horrible thing to inflict on someone and anyone would have to be insane or the worst sort of masochist to want it

I would consider a card that automatically raises a mortal to 5+ essence pretty broken. I said the important part of my card is that it removes the mortal limit on essence, and allows them to qualify for CMA, it does not automatically raise them to 5 essence, because Issei is not 5 essence yet. It was the last bit of my features.

The telepathy in the pactio system is about as much effort as a cell phone, and explicitly stated as such in the original source. Given it's range limitations it is actually less useful than a cell phone. Could you imagine if you gave your girl/boy/whatever friend your cellphone number, and they could call you any time of the day, or text any time of the day?

Actually, you make a good point for preventing teenagers from having cellphones. But if telepathy is a deal breaker, it can be dropped, I'm not tied to it.

Does your card automatically remove the limit on essence? Have you called it out as a specific feature?

I think I want to see your list of features, and what you would prevent someone from ever doing again, rather than your criticism of my ideas, because your card system certainly did not say it would remove the mortal essence limit, or qualify them for CMA.

I really don't care for your Berserker never being able to use magic again, which is one of the reasons I prefer something like a pactio system. I prefer additives rather than subtractive stereotypes. I'm not going to be voting for Fate if it means that it's going to tie Lancers to E-Rank Luck, Berserkers from ever using magic, and various other fixed points. I'm certainly not voting for Fate without seeing what I'm voting for.

I'd suggest you do the work to propose something.

That said, I'd like criticism of my pactio proposal. You have a point about telepathy. Though someone brought in the fact that it was all centralized telepathy, and therefore less useful in combat. Would an activated telepathy mode that allows cross pactio communication within a familia be better?

Making someone with a pactio card treatable as touch range for spells and abilities is actually an idea out of Nameless Shadow Quest (Red String of Fate), and had some pretty awesome uses there. If it makes sense to make it voluntary then that could be good too. How would people actually word it?

Since it is Exalted based, should we specify a virtue? It's not necessary to the core concept. We could actually specify a skill instead.

Would an elemental affiliation make sense? Perhaps an attribute would make more sense? i.e. it grants one extra dot in an attribute, and makes one skill tree favored.

...what the hell are you reading wasprider seriously where did I say they get there Essence set to 5, no, that's enough, I'm done with you

If Telepathy is 24/7 and unblockable, I agree. I dare say adding a toggle to it, so that you can make use of it when you want to (say, when coordinating in battle) and have it off otherwise shouldn't be too big a deal, though.

...what the hell are you reading wasprider seriously where did I say they get there Essence set to 5, no, that's enough, I'm done with you

Since you didn't read my proposal either, and that particular argument was explicitly addressed, please do be done with me. I explicitly said that it removes the mortal essence limit and qualifies them for CMA.

You know here:
Oh, and treats them as having Celestial Essence/removes limits on essence gain

Since you didn't read that, and were proposing that they needed 5 essence as qualification for CMA, you don't have to forgive me for assuming that you were saying should raise them to 5 essence, cause I'd read the entire thread earlier. Now I know exactly how seriously to take your criticism on most things.

Revised proposal:
  • Removes essence limits, and qualifies them for CMA
  • When activated it does
    • Telepathy between all activated users and the master
    • Grants ox-body with 1 extra dot of zero penalty health
    • Enables one use of durability of oak for the scene
  • Allows summoning and dismissal of an artifact bound to the receiver (and costumes)
  • Allows teleportation of the receiver once a scene
  • Specifies a virtue which is the character's primary virtue (does not give them an extra dot)
  • Grants or enhances an elemental affinity
Looking for further criticism. Feel free to use this as a basis of other proposals as well.

Other possible tweaks.
  • Gives a dot in one attribute
  • Makes one skill favored

Last edited:
If Telepathy is 24/7 and unblockable, I agree. I dare say adding a toggle to it, so that you can make use of it when you want to (say, when coordinating in battle) and have it off otherwise shouldn't be too big a deal, though.
or you could get a cellphone

or get something NOT connected to a limited means of empowerment, like I have said, we are a Twilight Caste Solar, Artifice is our thing, if we can't create something as simple as a com system running off the worlds Mana/Essence/whatever we should hand our Exaltation back to Sol Invictus and join a Monastery

... warp we can't set the Pieces to force our Half Caste beyond five. The entire point of it is to get them to 5 and learn CMA as Mortals are limited to Essence 2. As even our Half Castes can't learn CMA without exploding.

... warp we can't set the Pieces to force our Half Caste beyond five. The entire point of it is to get them to 5 and learn CMA as Mortals are limited to Essence 2. As even our Half Castes can't learn CMA without exploding.

Agreed. It's actually called out in the original proposal. As I mentioned Issei isn't at essence 5 yet.

I just say that this proposal, call it Wasp's Exalted Pactio, removes the essence limit and qualifies them eventually to get to CMA. IIRC, there was some fluff about even dragon bloods at 5+ essence not being able to learn CMA. Not sure what Exalted metaphysics it would take to enable them.

One thing to do might be to grant them Solar, Lunar, or Sidereal and a Caste instead of some of the other proposals. Basically, when they hit 5 essence, they've blossomed into their own "shards" as it were.

Agreed. It's actually called out in the original proposal. As I mentioned Issei isn't at essence 5 yet.

I just say that this proposal, call it Wasp's Exalted Pactio, removes the essence limit and qualifies them eventually to get to CMA. IIRC, there was some fluff about even dragon bloods at 5+ essence not being able to learn CMA. Not sure what Exalted metaphysics it would take to enable them.

One thing to do might be to grant them Solar, Lunar, or Sidereal and a Caste instead of some of the other proposals. Basically, when they hit 5 essence, they've blossomed into their own "shards" as it were.
That's impossible. We can't do that hell Bright couldn't do that. And it was Bright Shattered Ice your proposal isn't dumb its born stillborn. No wonder people gave up on you have you read anything besides the story posts?

Event explanation:
Issei has understood enough of how the Evil Pieces work that, together with Bright's help, he can start working in his own version. As of now the final product will have the following effects:
-Make possible to reach Essence 5 for those who normally shouldn't be able to, like humans
-Make possible to learn Celestial Martial Arts.
The rest, and how the final product will look like...well, I think you discussed the subject at great length, yes ;) ?
Already does that.

That's impossible. We can't do that hell Bright couldn't do that. And it was Bright Shattered Ice your proposal isn't dumb its born stillborn. No wonder people gave up on you have you read anything besides the story posts?

The entire point of the peerage system and the aces system is to allow boosting a mortal into something that becomes a devil or an angel. There's some metaphysics here that allows that boosting. It's not possible in Exalted/Creation, by explicit game fiat.

This isn't Creation.

I'm not saying they have to become Solar, Lunar or Sidereal. That's a throw away line about something we can do that would be somewhat similar to the pactio system while still sticking to Exalted themes and allowing them access to CMA. It isn't even in my last explicit proposal.

Since half caste isn't good enough we need something that would get them good enough (allows essence 5+, can learn CMA). If that's not possible, then no higher level CMAs can be learnt by any of our followers/harem, ever. There is no point to this discussion then.

But, kinglugia was kind enough to get the exact word of god. It is possible, the cards I propose can do it.

I have read the thread (actually, all four of them, but some time ago). As long as you are being rude, did you read this thread?

I have no end of no's for this idea, just the freaking telepathy alone is a bad idea and you should feel bad about it, treating the target as an unresisting target are you out of your freaking mind, seriously I, no, no no no no no, NO
I'm pretty sure that Pactio telepathy is limited to communication.

Ah, now I get what you mean.

I think I'll abstain this vote, having no clue about most of the anime- or mysticism-based ones. Go seems too generic.

Actually I don't think Go really has in pieces beyond Black stone and White stone.

[X] Modified Fate/Servant System

I'm going to vote and suggest something like a Pactio system, though with artifacts optional.

The core of the Pactio system is to:
  • Allow range limited telepathy in both directions (10 km, not as useful as cell phones, but still useful)
  • Allow teleportation summons to the master (10 km range apparently)
  • Specifies a stellar body which is associated with what it enhances
  • Specifies a color and direction
  • Specifies a virtue (probably one of the 7 great classic virtues)
  • Allows summoning and dismissing an artifact
  • Adds defensive field
  • Store a costume (or multiple costumes)
  • Gives a title
See the Negima Wikia Pactio entry. Here is an example Pactio card.

Generally it enhances something they already are or can do.

We don't need to use the traditional virtues, we can use either an extended list of virtues, or the Exalted virtues (which were inspired by the original set anyway).

I'm not sure what the color and direction does, but if we want we can turn direction into an Exalted elemental orientation. The color is optional, it might be the color of their pactio enhanced powers when invoked.

If we can't do something like telepathy and teleportation, then we could do something like make the holder a touch range unresisting target for the master's magic or charms.

Drop the stellar body as necessary.

Artifacts can be added or loaded later.

So I am proposing pactio cards that do:
  • Specifies a virtue (which is probably the receiver's primary Exalted virtue if we're stuck with Exalted)
  • Allows telepathy and teleportation if possible
  • Increases their defense (grants extra dots of zero damage body?, increases their body rating?)
  • Treats the receiver as a touch range unresisting target for the master's effects as long as they hold the card
  • Allows summoning of artifacts/costumes (need not start with one)
  • Grants or enhances an Exalted elemental affiliation
  • Oh, and treats them as having Celestial Essence/removes limits on essence gain

Tip: whenever you need negima info, go here: https://vetus.wordpress.com

It's the fan translation of Akamatsus own comments on the series (Tankouhon? notes).

https://vetus.wordpress.com/pactio/ - This is the specific page for the pactio and what those virtues and symbology mean. TLDR, is just part of the analysis the contract making spirits do on the target, through numerology, astrology and other magic, to find what is the ideal artifact for the minister/ministra.

Oh hey, are we opening up this old can of worms again?

Servant system is too limited, presumably we want more than seven harem girls and they don't all fit neatly into one of those classes. Same goes for tarot cards. Dunno anything about Go. Maybe fairy chess pieces? Depends on whether we're limited to a single set of pieces or not.

Pactio-like abilities are most favorable to me simply because there's no limit to the number of pactio bonds you can make and each one is custom-tailored to the partner. No need to force her into a role she might not fit when you can homebrew a new role for her on the spot.

Alternatively, servant roles could work as long as we don't adhere slavishly to what those classes mean in FSN terms. Berserker doesn't need to have Mad Enhancement, it could just be equivalent to a rook piece with some battle continuation ability like passive healing or something.

Berserker is easy

ALL THE PHYSICAL ENHANCEMENTS + ANTIMAGIC

yeah, SABER get's you nice buffs while also letting you use magic, but Berserker is NEVER going to be able to use magic, god help anyone who focuses on Magic for combat against him/her however

More or less what I said last page:

Then there's the whole 'Set' argument. I'm not against quantity, but we can't exactly get into a rating game with a 100 followers, can we?

I'm favorable to an extended servant set:

Saber, Lancer, Shielder - Knight classes, buff for STR, AGI, END respectively (or whatever are the Exalted counterparts)

Berserker (this one goes for Shougo, does have that mad enhancement, but does not hinder skilled brawler), Avenger (for Yang, power goes up with damage taken)

Archer, Launcher, Caster - Accuracy, Artillery, and Special effects.

Enchantress (buffer), Temptress (debuffer), Assassin, Ruler (Battleground Control, Eiko) - Support classes.

Of course we can have more than one, there's no problem with that.

The advantage of a 'fixed set' system is that we can negotiated into taking part on rating games. Of course we can contract more followers. Then it just means whenever we take part into an official rating game we choose one between our 'Saber Pieces' to fight whereas the other sits on the audience. Real battles are, of course, fought with everyone we have at hand.

You know, someday, I hope there would be a quest that involve going into a hunted school or a aquarium that is hunted. Chances are, we get to save a lot of pretty girls.

[x] Golden ball

Simple golden ball which:

-Make possible to reach Essence 5 for those who normally shouldn't be able to, like humans
-Make possible to... other stuff, what Bright think is possible to create.

No system, identical balls for everyone.

[x] Golden ball

Simple golden ball which:

-Make possible to... other stuff, what Bright think is possible to create.

No system, identical balls for everyone.
Agreed, no need to perfectly mimic everything about the piece system if there is no fucking need to. Just make a thing that BOOSTOs people.

You know I was pretty happy to see this back but seeing that the last few pages has turrened into squabbling over our version of evil piceses ,again, including an attempt to try to impose a non auther called vote I am both saddened and more then a little annoyed. If you want talk about this again fine but could you please keep it civil and not try to force pre emptive votes about it.

You know I was pretty happy to see this back but seeing that the last few pages has turrened into squabbling over our version of evil piceses ,again, including an attempt to try to impose a non auther called vote I am both saddened and more then a little annoyed. If you want talk about this again fine but could you please keep it civil and not try to force pre emptive votes about it.
...someone else for the ignore list it seems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back