• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

So gods, exalted, and dragons are all basically easily POed entities that would cause untold destructions just because someone looked at them funnily.

Good to know.

DxD gods are mortal, just long lived, and feed off of human belief in some way (specifics not explained, it's from a comment at the end of one of the novels)

Exalted are humans who have god level powers infused by way of an extra soul.

Dragons are power incarnate.

Here's an overview from my perspective.

God blew through most of his Phenomenal Cosmic Power sealing away TriHexa, something that's considered to be on par with the Great Red and capable of Ending Existence, and then, without having time to rest and recover, rushed off to fight against both the Devils and the Fallen... who he was still strong enough to go toe to toe with, until someone got lucky and knifed him in the back.

As a result, Michael, as the most powerful Angel left in Heaven, becomes the new leader, and has to figure out how to use the System that God left behind... probably without any instruction manuals, since who would have expected the Almighty to bite it, and with no where near as much Power as it was designed to use, since it was literally tailored to the Big Guy. Basically, Michael is running the universe's biggest laptop off of a half-charged battery and without knowing any of the passwords or shortcut keys.

Simply put, Michael was doing his best, while people on Earth, and in the Church, do their own things based on their own biases, and are generally dicks. While Priests and Popes might claim to speak for God, anyone who goes on about hate and condemnation pretty much prove they don't, since the only records of God (in whatever form) speaking for Himself (aka "The Bible") says otherwise.

To wrap things up, please don't try to blame Michael for Asia and Kiba's situation, since we already know from cannon he's trying to fill God's too-big shoes and Heaven is rife with Traitors and Incompetents working for the Khaos Brigade. In fact, I'll point out that Diodora (sp?) is the one who engineered Asia's troubles, and he worked for the Old Satan Faction, while Valper Galeli (sp?) worked for Kokabiel, who was also with the Khaos Brigade. Coincidence? I Think Not!

Because they are a powerful faction and potentially useful allies. Because Irina is our childhood friend and theres no reason to change that. Because we also have no reason to spurn them when at least one of our most powerful allies is actively trying to make a treaty with them.

err, we already have a health level knack, that can be purchased multiple times
Well that makes that redundant.
Did you guys even read it? The other Knack has static values, mine is attached to stats, it can rise, and at moment too powerful.

The idea is...interesting. But, as it is now the knack is too powerful. I am okay with making poison out of flesh, but it mustn't be so powerful at only the first starting Knack.

This...okay Dawn, sorry but it is really too powerful. I can't allow it unless you tone it down.
Sure, the intent is to begin high and toning down until acceptable levels.

Black Death Venom: I'm thinking of increasing the cost to 3 aggravated health levels and the Mins to Stamina 5, Essence 4. The effect per si is almost the same as Soul Mastery, what makes it more powerful is Duration: One Scene, not Martial Arts exclusive and isn't the tenth Charm in a tree.

Vitality of the Dragon Kings: currently it gives tons of health because Exalted gives too little. It's kinda awkward that an Exalt/Dragon can become stronger but never increase health levels. A DnD fighter makes so much more sense... And I don't have to say that Ox-Body Technique sucks and shouldn't be used as template, right? I'm going to reduce the effect by half.

Black Death Venom
Cost
: 3 aggravated health level; Mins: Stamina 5, Essence 4; Type: Simple
Keywords: Combo-Ok, Obvious, Poison
Duration: One Scene
Prerequisite Knacks: None
A most dreadful ability of some dragons is to turn their flesh and blood into the most corrosible poison and miasma. This Knack turns the entirety of the dragon's body poisonous: fluids, scales, flesh, bones, fangs, talons, tail, dragon breath... everything. After activating this Knack, rolls (Stamina+Craft+Essence), the result is the venom potency and the target difficult. Whenever the dragon attacks or is attacked, the foe rolls (Stamina+Resistance) against the target difficult. If the dragon wins, the foe instantly dies and his body is consumed until only his shadow remains. Otherwise, the foe takes dice of unsoakable aggravated damage equal to the dragon's Essence; the aspect of infinity thin lines erratically marking the foe's body part (note: the dragon's body is similarly marked this way when she pays the cost of the Knack). Armor, shields and other forms of defense don't protect against the poison, as it spread through them seeking the foe's body. The dragon can cancel this Knack any moment to return her body to its natural state, however, any poison that was separated from her body prior to this continues as it is (example: dropping a poisoned blood in a cup and then canceling the Knack, the dragon returns to normal, but the cup still contains the deadly drink); many sorrowful tales were woven by forgetful dragons...

Vitality of the Dragon Kings
Cost
: -; Mins: Essence 1; Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Knacks: None
Legends tell of dragons withstanding harm far superior than any other creature. This Knack increases the health of the dragon. She gains -0 health levels equal to her [(Stamina+Resistance+Willpower+Essence)/2]. This Knack can be purchased multiple times and is stackable.
For reference, Soul Mastery, Dragon-Blooded page 213:
SOUL MASTERY
Cost: 10m, 1hl; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 4; Type: Simple
(-2 DV)
Keywords: Combo-Basic, Obvious, Touch
Duration: (Essence) actions
Prerequisite Charms: Enthralling Blow Attack, Spirit-Rending
Technique, Wood Dragon Succor
The highest mastery of Wood Dragon Style, this Charm is little
more than a legend to most, even other Dragon-Blooded Immaculate
monks. Few who see the Charm active live to tell others, because
the perfect alignment of a Wood Immaculate with the forces of life
gives her the power to completely and utterly end it.
After activating this Charm, a swirling, sizzling green-black
aura lingers on the Immaculate's hands for a number of actions
equal to his Essence. During that time, the Immaculate must
successfully touch her target, either casually (if her victim is
not expecting an attack) or as part of a hand-to-hand attack
that infl icts normal damage. Once she does so, the Immaculate's
player makes a refl exive (Essence + Martial Arts) roll against the
opponent's (Stamina + Resistance). If the target loses, his soul
becomes completely dissociated from his body, instantly killing
him. Even if he wins, the attack still infl icts dice of aggravated
damage equal to the Immaculate's Essence.
In addition to its effects on living creatures, spirits with
a permanent Essence lower than or equal to that of the Immaculate
are even more susceptible to Soul Mastery. Should the
Immaculate strike such a spirit, her wrath rips its Essence asunder,
permanently destroying it. Gods and elementals can sense the
presence of Exalted who have mastered this Charm, and they
fear them intensely.
Soul Mastery is harsh on the Immaculate. Beyond the considerable
toll it demands, an Exalt must unleash the power on a
target lest it destroy her own soul. Failure to discharge the effect
on another target within the time allotted by the Charm forces the
Immaculate to resist its effects herself.

Honestly, that's the sort of thing I would expect to be at the end of Grendel or Crom Cruach's personal knack lines. No other Dragons have demonstrated that level of raw endurance but them.
You're welcome to give ideas at how to bring my Knacks down.

These Knacks, everyone can bring their Nerf Goremaul to smash them. It would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Cost: 5m; Mins: Essence 4 Resistance 4; Type: Simple
Duration: Scenelong plus ten minutes.
Prerequisite Knacks: Dragons Might Technique
Legends tell of dragons withstanding harm far superior than any other creature, remaining unstoppable Forces of Destruction even when others would have long fallen. This Knack can be activated to temporarily increase the health of the dragon, letting them ignore wounds that would kill lesser beings. She gains -0 health levels equal to her [(Stamina+Resistance+Willpower)/2+Essence]. This Knack can be purchased multiple times and is stackable, raising the mote cost by five each time. When the Charm ends damage in the Bonus Health Levels is converted into bashing Damage and added to the dragons normal health track. If this would still kill them they have to pay the Essence cost again to remain alive but incapacitated.

Cost: 5m; Mins: Essence 4 Resistance 4; Type: Simple
Legends tell of dragons withstanding harm far superior than any other creature, remaining unstoppable Forces of Destruction even when others would have long fallen. This Knack can be activated to temporarily increase the health of the dragon, letting them ignore wounds that would kill lesser beings. She gains -0 health levels equal to her [(Stamina+Resistance+Willpower)/2+Essence]. This Knack can be purchased multiple times and is stackable, raising the mote cost by five each time. When the Charm ends damage in the Bonus Health Levels is converted into bashing Damage and added to the dragons normal health track. If this would still kill them they have to pay the Essence cost again to remain alive but incapacitated.
So, making temporary health? Seems an option. Just going to change somethings.
Cost: 3m; Mins: Stamina 4, Essence 2; Type: Reflexive
Legends tell of dragons withstanding harm far superior than any other creature, remaining unstoppable Forces of Destruction even when others would have long fallen. This Knack can be activated to temporarily increase the health of the dragon, letting them ignore wounds that would kill lesser beings. She gains -0 health levels equal to her [((Stamina+Resistance+Willpower)/2)+Essence]. This Knack can be purchased multiple times and is stackable, raising the mote cost by five each time. When the Charm ends damage in the Bonus Health Levels is converted into bashing Damage and added to the dragons normal health track. If this would still kill her she has to pay the Essence cost again to remain alive but incapacitated.
Diminished the cost, changed Resistance to Stamina, diminished Essence, changed type to Reflexive and changed nouns refering to the user to 'she' (that's how is done in the books)

Last edited:
changed nouns refering to the user to 'she' (that's how is done in the books)
Not usually relevant, but Creation's languages do default to female as the neutral gender. Helpful to keep in mind if you're writing something in character, which charm fluff is supposed to be.

Not usually relevant, but Creation's languages do default to female as the neutral gender. Helpful to keep in mind if you're writing something in character, which charm fluff is supposed to be.
I'm not sure if it's an Exalted thing. DnD 3.5 and WoD books also uses female as the neutral gender.

I'm not sure if it's an Exalted thing. DnD 3.5 books also uses female as the neutral gender.
I don't recall D&D doing it, but everything White Wolf publishes uses that as a stylistic thing. However, they did made it canon for Exalted back in first edition. Creation actually does do that.

I think the mote cost should be 5 times stacks. You were wounded, you were hit: You fucked up, now pay the price!

It should be a stuntable action of it's own. You are injured, you are incapacitated or dying, but you're a FUCKING DRAGON! YOU DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE BLEEDING OUT; YOU'LL KICK SOME ASS BEFORE YOU DIE! Also better name for the new Charm.

Dragons Never Falter
Cost: 5m; Mins: Essence 2 Stamina 4; Type: Simple
Keywords: Obvious
Legends tell of dragons withstanding harm far superior than any other creature, remaining unstoppable Forces of Destruction even when others would have long fallen. This Knack can be activated to temporarily increase the health of the dragon, letting her ignore wounds that would kill lesser beings. She screams her defiance to the heavens and gains -0 health levels equal to her [(Stamina+Resistance+Willpower)/2+Essence]. This Knack can be purchased multiple times and is stackable, raising the mote cost by five each time. When the Charm ends damage in the Bonus Health Levels is converted into bashing Damage and added to the dragons normal health track. If this would still kill her they have to pay the Essence cost again to remain alive but incapacitated.

I think the mote cost should be 5 times stacks. You were wounded, you were hit: You fucked up, now pay the price!

It should be a stuntable action of it's own. You are injured, you are incapacitated or dying, but you're a FUCKING DRAGON! YOU DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE BLEEDING OUT; YOU'LL KICK SOME ASS BEFORE YOU DIE! Also better name for the new Charm.
It's just that 5m usually are very powerful stuff. Getting temporary health is too reactive to be worthy it. And if you turn it into Type: Simple, the thing becomes useless, because you're wasting an action. If the foe hit you once, he will hit you again. Instead of getting ahead in the game, you're going backwards. It's like in Final Fantasy, if you just heal yourself, you won't hit the enemy and will never win.

I would like some input from the questers. Are my Knacks interesting (if unbalanced at moment) or am I wasting my time? I have others in my mind, but if no one likes them, I'll just throw them away.

For the poison thing, since it's natural for some dragons, I'd drop the cost, and break up the poison knack. Also, reduce it to Lethal rather than Agg.

Make it enhance one type of attack, chosen at purchase, with the ability to purchase more attacks to be made poisonous. Then you can buy a knack that makes the poison Agg, or one that allows you to fill the area with poison gas.

Last edited:
If the foe hit you once, he will hit you again. Instead of getting ahead in the game, you're going backwards. It's like in Final Fantasy, if you just heal yourself, you won't hit the enemy and will never win.
Wrong. This is Exalted, if the Enemy hits you at all you're doing something wrong. The Enemy won't ever be able to do Damage every turn and if they are you shouldn't fight back, but rather RUN because you're hopelessly outclassed.

since i know next to nothing about exalted, just dxd i'll stay out of this

just bear in mind to keep it thematically appropriate for dxd

XD

that means boobs and shonen esk power ups aka GUTS!

huh, no wonder bright considers subjecting everything :p

Okay, can someone then explain why the traitors haven't Fallen then? Loophole in the system can explain that, what kind of a loophole would allow such a thing?

The kind that states you have to be working against God in order to be considered a traitor. Probably. I honestly haven't a clue.

Finally fnished reading through all this. Last story post was Extra Arc II 12, is that right?

Okay, can someone then explain why the traitors haven't Fallen then? Loophole in the system can explain that, what kind of a loophole would allow such a thing?

As I understand it, its a POV thing. Basically, they consider themselves to be "True Patriots", or something along those lines, and honestly believe that overthrowing Michael's rather relaxed leadership, restarting the War with the Devils and the Fallen, and generally using humanity as disposable tools, will somehow make Heaven a better place.

If you compare it to Naruto, they're the Danzo's of Heaven, who are so focused on their own twisted vision of how things should be that they can go around committing all sorts of crimes using the old "the ends justify the means" excuse to avoid any guilt... which apparently works with the Loopholes to keep them from Falling.

Hopefully Issei and Bright will be able to figure out God's System and make Michael a Manual so he can fix all these glitches, or even take it over and do so themselves if they have to.

Is Shirone-mode going to be a thing? Because we need to powerup every character possible.

ryuan and anyone else confused by the lack of threadmarks:

Noticed no index. Also threadmark stops at part 12 of the visit hell arc. So continued to current part 16.

Edit: also, found a missing story post that comes before noahgab's picture.

INDEX:
MAIN CONTINUITY
Genesis Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8

New Popularity Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7

Training Days I: A Very Busy Week
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6 (I), Part 6 (II), Part 6 (III), Part 7

The Sister from the West Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9

Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9,
Part 10, Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, Part 17,
Part 18, Part 19, Part 20, Part 21, Part 22, Part 23, Part 24, Part 25,
Part 26, Part 27, Part 28, Part 29, Part 30, Part 31, Part 32, Part 33

The Snake Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7

Phoenix From The Underworld Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Ryōzanpaku Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10,
Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, Part 17

Extra Arc: Stray Devils and...Shinobi?
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6

Youkai Yakuza Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10,
Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, Part 17, Part 18, Part 19,
Part 20, Part 21, Part 22, Part 23, Part 24, Part 25, Part 26, Part 27, Part 28,
Part 29, Part 30, Part 31, Part 32, Part 33

Extra Arc II: Shinobi, Swords and a Visit to Hell
Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16

SIDE CONTINUITY

Issei's Awesome Adventures: The Old Shrine (This happened between Part 1 and Part 2 of Training Days I)
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Fluttering of Wings (This happened between Part 2 and Part 3 of Training Days I)
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Kiba's Request...Has just begun? (This happened between Part 3 and Part 4 of Training Days I)
Part 1, Part 2

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (This happened between Part 4 and Part 5 of Training Days I)
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9

Fan Stuff
Omake by Noahgab1133

You still have some more chapters to go!:)

As a separate note, I think it would be hilarious if Sirzechs, Azazel, and Michael were online buddies. Bonus points if Michael talks about that level 78 boss when he appears.

Michael: "Hey Zechs, did you manage to beat that level 78 boss after all? Me, Gabriel and Azzy finished that looong ago."
Sirzechs: "What. I had to bribe him to help me with that boss!"
Azazael: "Sup guys, wanna go LAN?

Michael/Sirzechs: "Sure/Of course."

(insert required scene where they all get beat down by Grayfia, once she finds them)

Gabriel: Grayfia, could you please unfreeze Michael? I need him to remove the parental controls on my computer. (Makes sort-of-sense?)

Could some kind soul also explain the difference between charms and knacks?

Finally fnished reading through all this. Last story post was Extra Arc II 12, is that right?

Check the index on page 30. The chapters listed go to 16. However, the newest chapters were not listed on there. If you keep searching, you will find them all.

Is Shirone-mode going to be a thing? Because we need to powerup every character possible.

ryuan and anyone else confused by the lack of threadmarks:

Michael: "Hey Zechs, did you manage to beat that level 78 boss after all? Me, Gabriel and Azzy finished that looong ago."
Sirzechs: "What. I had to bribe him to help me with that boss!"
Azazael: "Sup guys, wanna go LAN?

Michael/Sirzechs: "Sure/Of course."

(insert required scene where they all get beat down by Grayfia, once she finds them)

Gabriel: Grayfia, could you please unfreeze Michael? I need him to remove the parental controls on my computer. (Makes sort-of-sense?)

I know it is kind of OOC for Michael to be talking like that but it did put a smile on my face.

Of the three big leaders of the three factions, I think Michael would be the most serious of them. Sirzechs is a mellow and quirky guy while Azazel is... Azazel. Michael strikes me as the sort who is the comically serious one of the trio. One of his lines he has in the English dub of the anime that really stood out to me was when he refered to Issei as "young pervert" as if it were his royal title or something.

Last edited:
I figure Michael was more 'serious, but relaxed.'

Yes, but he is also rather respectful and compassionate. He might not be the best politician though, but that is in part due to the Catholic Church being a political nightmare to organize and lead considering people like Valper Galilei are running around.

God of the Bible for the most part is a pretty cool dude from what we've heard of him.

He created the sacred gear system to help humans survive in a world surrounded by literal monsters.

He is KNOWN for hating dragons yet he had it set up so that Ddriag and Albion would regain their lost abilites if they ever reconciled. He actually believed that one day those two would stop fighting.

Only reason he didn't stomp the other fractions in the Great War was because he's just gotten done sealing away the beast of the Apocalypse when the war started.

His dying will basically told Cao Cao fuck you and accepted Issei's dream. He chose a devil-dragon over a human which is why Truth Ideal didn't work.

Only bad things mentioned about him were the whole "falling" thing and his hatred for dragons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back