• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

God of the Bible for the most part is a pretty cool dude from what we've heard of him.

He created the sacred gear system to help humans survive in a world surrounded by literal monsters.

He is KNOWN for hating dragons yet he had it set up so that Ddriag and Albion would regain their lost abilites if they ever reconciled. He actually believed that one day those two would stop fighting.

Only reason he didn't stomp the other fractions in the Great War was because he's just gotten done sealing away the beast of the Apocalypse when the war started.

His dying will basically told Cao Cao fuck you and accepted Issei's dream. He chose a devil-dragon over a human which is why Truth Ideal didn't work.

Only bad things mentioned about him were the whole "falling" thing and his hatred for dragons.

Which are kinda understandable, particularly since Dragons (if Albion and Ddraig are any example, to say nothing of the Evil Dragons) seemed to go about destroying a lot of things and killing anyone who got in their way. Keeping in mind that he made the Sacred Gears to help Humans, I can see why he didn't like that attitude.

Meanwhile, while I suppose it might be Fannon, I've always figured that Devils, Fallen and Angels were all basically the same species, with Devils coming about after Lucifer Rebelled with a third of Heaven. That way it even makes sense that Azazel and the Grigori were in charge of the Fallen that came later, since they (according to the Bible and the Book of Enoch) Fell later, after mating with Human Women and giving birth to the Giants. As I see it, God probably set up the whole Falling thing after a third of his Angels went AWOL so that he wouldn't have to deal with another full-scale Rebellion, as they would be Falling and getting booted out of Heaven on a one-by-one basis.

There is one thing that people seem to be getting wrong about Black Death Venom, the thing is too dangerous to be used casually. When I wrote everything, it's indeed everything, including the air exhaled by the dragon, so using it in a closed room is death to everyone aside him. There are infinite scenarios where using it is highly inappropriate. That last phrase is no joke, many dragons killed people they didn't mean because the stuff is too dangerous.
For the poison thing, since it's natural for some dragons, I'd drop the cost, and break up the poison knack. Also, reduce it to Lethal rather than Agg.

Make it enhance one type of attack, chosen at purchase, with the ability to purchase more attacks to be made poisonous. Then you can buy a knack that makes the poison Agg, or one that allows you to fill the area with poison gas.
I'm kinda against breaking it to chosen attacks because I want it to stay dangerous, because poison is a dangerous thing to handle, it's utterly non discriminatory, you can kill your friends. That's also why it has health as cost, because it is a toll to the user; it's shapeshifting his body into something else. The aggravated damage is there because the poison was resisted, otherwise it kills; the only difference between aggravated and lethal is that the former can only be healed by conventional means, aka resting. And the stunt potential is also lessened.

This poison is more of the supernal type than a normal one, that's why it doesn't follow Exalted rules for poison. I'm thinking of creating a shapeshift Knack for dragons to acquire more mundane stuff, such as mundane poison.

Wrong. This is Exalted, if the Enemy hits you at all you're doing something wrong. The Enemy won't ever be able to do Damage every turn and if they are you shouldn't fight back, but rather RUN because you're hopelessly outclassed.
What are you talking about? If I'm making a health Knack it's obvious I'm not intending in relying on Perfect Defenses. The combat rules in Exalted tends towards the attacker, because DV is half the value of the attack, and damage is an atrocious thing, a single hit and bad luck can kill a human, Exalted or not. The way I wrote, Issei would gain 10 health levels, is that so ridiculous? Humans have 7 health levels, for a dragon to gain more 10 isn't weird.

since i know next to nothing about exalted, just dxd i'll stay out of this

just bear in mind to keep it thematically appropriate for dxd

XD

that means boobs and shonen esk power ups aka GUTS!

huh, no wonder bright considers subjecting everything :p
Then you will be happy to know I'm creating a Knack called Treasure Defensive Instinct that gives the dragon nice stuff when he is in presence of his treasue, in Issei's case his harem and the level of relationship, like sexual, increases the benefits.

I'm double posting because it's a different matter, it's about the Flaw of Invulnerabilty of Adamant Skin Technique. This is what I said in a conversation with Alex and he asked me to post it here.

When these two informations collide:
Motivation: To become a Harem King, a person worthy of the affection of multiple girls

Scroll of Errata page 11:
Flaw of Invulnerability: Conviction
(p. 194)
Replace the current Conviction-based Flaw of Invulnerability with the following:
Conviction Flaw: Charms carrying this Flaw do not function when the character has taken some action during the scene that is contrary to her Motivation. If, during the scene, she has acted against any Intimacy, or a Virtue she has rated at 3+, then Charms with this Flaw add a +3m surcharge to their activation cost.

So, when Issei does something that is contrary to either "be a Harem King" or "worthy of the affection of multiple girls".

1) First the Cu Chulainn type, no matter the choice he fails: female villain seduces Issei in front of his harem, that loathes this woman. If Issei accepts, he becomes unworthy of his harem affections and if he refuses, he's abandoning his goal of becoming a Harem King, by not trying to increase the harem.

2) Issei sleeps with someone that his harem disapproves.

3) He can't ever refuses anyone, doing so he's losing an opportunity to increase his harem. Even if she is married. Oh, this is another Cu Chulainn, refusing or accepting will activate the flaw.

4) A situation in which he can only save one person of his harem, dooming the other.

5) Any small fight common to couples do the trick. If the girl is upset with him, obviously he becomes unworthy of her affection until they make up.

So, what you guys thinking? Is my reasoning sound? Alex said maybe we should get another Perfect Defense with a different flaw. I agree with him.

And we will need it because our enemies have Epic Attributes.

most of the forces in DxDverse get more health with Epic Stamina...

the problem with some of those is, he dosn't have to take every woman that comes his way, in fact he's pointedly NOT gone after everything female, so said female villain would be off the books for the same reason Rayray was, to evil to get my dick hard, I'm not saying we shouldn't get another perfect, multiple perfects with different weaknesses is just common sense, but I don't think Issei is in as bad a place as your putting forth

lugia what was that charm/spell thing you made based of MGQ

infallible daystar i think it was? It had perfect defense and a counter right?

the problem with some of those is, he dosn't have to take every woman that comes his way, in fact he's pointedly NOT gone after everything female, so said female villain would be off the books for the same reason Rayray was, to evil to get my dick hard, I'm not saying we shouldn't get another perfect, multiple perfects with different weaknesses is just common sense, but I don't think Issei is in as bad a place as your putting forth
About Raynare, that maybe Alex oversighting, he was new to Exalted, right?

You're reading the Flaw wrongly. It's not about someone actively going after his Motivation, it's "character has taken some action during the scene that is contrary to her Motivation". Because his Motivation is tied to having a harem, doing something that is contrary to increasing it activates the flaw. As example, if the Motivation was "be the strongest fighter", rejecting a challenge would trigger the flaw because you're acting contrary to your Motivation.

Epic Stamina provides Soak AND health levels, it's why Mittilt*sp* dosn't have a flat 7 health, she gets a boost from her Epic Stamina
Arent you confusing the Epic Stamina bonuses with a Stamina Knack that purchasing a dot in Epic Stamina grants? Anyways, getting health shouldnt be a problem.

So, when Issei does something that is contrary to either "be a Harem King" or "worthy of the affection of multiple girls".
You seem to think "To become a Harem King" and "a person worthy of the affection of multiple girls" are two different things, they aren't. Sovereign!Issei's personal definition of a Harem King is to be worthy of all that affection. Not to add any random woman he find's attractive to his Harem. Hell, I don't think that's even cannon Issei's definition.
I do agree that getting another Perfect Defense would be good though. 4 and 5 might still happen, after all.

Is there any celestial martial art that confers some perfect defense other than Water Dragon style? I thought that Arms of the Unconquered Sun did but apparently I was mistaken.

You seem to think "To become a Harem King" and "a person worthy of the affection of multiple girls" are two different things, they aren't. Sovereign!Issei's personal definition of a Harem King is to be worthy of all that affection. Not to add any random woman he find's attractive to his Harem. Hell, I don't think that's even cannon Issei's definition.
I do agree that getting another Perfect Defense would be good though. 4 and 5 might still happen, after all.
Except there are situations where they contradict. If a Harem King isn't someone with a huge harem, I don't know what it is...

Is there any celestial martial art that confers some perfect defense other than Water Dragon style? I thought that Arms of the Unconquered Sun did but apparently I was mistaken.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y1ZfsnGx84VLujoKLucctqgTeGto0QKaGCIc2s6vz8Q/edit?hl=en&pli=1#

Epic Stamina provides Soak AND health levels,
No, it gives you soak, successes on stamina rolls, allows you to go longer without food drink or sleep and it eliminates wound penalties. Doesn't add health levels. Oddly enough, Mittlet can go longer than Issei can without sleep, though she never takes advantage of that.

If a Harem King isn't someone with a huge harem, I don't know what it is...
You don't know what it is.

No, it gives you soak, successes on stamina rolls, allows you to go longer without food drink or sleep and it eliminates wound penalties. Doesn't add health levels. Oddly enough, Mittlet can go longer than Issei can without sleep, though she never takes advantage of that.

You don't know what it is.
Yeah, no extra health, because White Wolf seems to not like it.

Then enlighten me, please.

I'm double posting because it's a different matter, it's about the Flaw of Invulnerabilty of Adamant Skin Technique. This is what I said in a conversation with Alex and he asked me to post it here.

When these two informations collide:
Motivation: To become a Harem King, a person worthy of the affection of multiple girls

Scroll of Errata page 11:
Flaw of Invulnerability: Conviction
(p. 194)
Replace the current Conviction-based Flaw of Invulnerability with the following:
Conviction Flaw: Charms carrying this Flaw do not function when the character has taken some action during the scene that is contrary to her Motivation. If, during the scene, she has acted against any Intimacy, or a Virtue she has rated at 3+, then Charms with this Flaw add a +3m surcharge to their activation cost.

1) First the Cu Chulainn type, no matter the choice he fails: female villain seduces Issei in front of his harem, that loathes this woman. If Issei accepts, he becomes unworthy of his harem affections and if he refuses, he's abandoning his goal of becoming a Harem King, by not trying to increase the harem.

2) Issei sleeps with someone that his harem disapproves.

3) He can't ever refuses anyone, doing so he's losing an opportunity to increase his harem. Even if she is married. Oh, this is another Cu Chulainn, refusing or accepting will activate the flaw.

4) A situation in which he can only save one person of his harem, dooming the other.

5) Any small fight common to couples do the trick. If the girl is upset with him, obviously he becomes unworthy of her affection until they make up.

So, what you guys thinking? Is my reasoning sound? Alex said maybe we should get another Perfect Defense with a different flaw. I agree with him.

And we will need it because our enemies have Epic Attributes.
About Raynare, that maybe Alex oversighting, he was new to Exalted, right?

You're reading the Flaw wrongly. It's not about someone actively going after his Motivation, it's "character has taken some action during the scene that is contrary to her Motivation". Because his Motivation is tied to having a harem, doing something that is contrary to increasing it activates the flaw. As example, if the Motivation was "be the strongest fighter", rejecting a challenge would trigger the flaw because you're acting contrary to your Motivation.

Except there are situations where they contradict. If a Harem King isn't someone with a huge harem, I don't know what it is...

Just because somebody wants to become part of the King's harem doesn't mean they are worthy of it. Especially if they are doing it for evil purposes. Issei's goal is this: if he likes a girl and a girl likes him back, then he will move heaven and earth to make it work out for everyone involved. If somebody is seducing Issei for the sole purpose of harming him or his friends/lovers, he is not going to like them. It's that simple.

Edit: I would like to point out that Issei has made his preferences known throughout the story - he doesn't like NTR, he isn't fond of yanderes, and he hates it when other people mess with his friends, whether they are attractive ladies or not. Just ask Raynaire.

Last edited:

You are wrong, I have the freaking Scion books for crying out loud

here is the 4 dot Epic stamina blurb

Adds seven bonus successes to
Stamina rolls. Adds seven to the
character's bashing and lethal soak.
Provides four points of aggravated
soak. Grants seven additional
health levels.
The character can go
seven weeks without food or sleep,
and four weeks without water. He
can hold his breath for 40 times as
long as normal.

Also Alex has modified the Epic stats somewhat so they fit the natives rather then having the Hero/Demi-God/God divide

Just because somebody wants to become part of the King's harem doesn't mean they are worthy of it. Especially if they are doing it for evil purposes. Issei's goal is this: if he likes a girl and a girl likes him back, then he will move heaven and earth to make it work out for everyone involved. If somebody is seducing Issei for the sole purpose of harming him or his friends/lovers, he is not going to like them. It's that simple.
I remember what he said to Yang. But the hard info is in the OP thread, that is written exactly this way "To become a Harem King, a person worthy of the affection of multiple girls" and it can give many kinds of interpretation.

In the end, Alex will have to give his word of what is what.

You are wrong, I have the freaking Scion books for crying out loud

here is the 4 dot Epic stamina blurb
And that would be applicable if she had four dots of epic stamina. Here's the two dot blurb, since that's what she does have.
Adds two automatic successes to Stamina
rolls. Eliminates two points of wound
penalties. Adds two to the character's
bashing and lethal soak. Provides two
points of aggravated soak. The character
can go two weeks without food or sleep,
or one week without water. He can
hold his breath for four times as long as
normal.

Demigods and Gods get extra health. Mortals don't. At essence three she's still a mortal.

And that would be applicable if she had four dots of epic stamina. Here's the two dot blurb, since that's what she does have.

Demigods and Gods get extra health. Mortals don't. At essence three she's still a mortal.
*facepalm* what part of ALEXANDER HAS MODIFIED THE EPIC STATS SO THEY FIT THE LOCALS is hard to understand?

the no health for you divide is because the low ones are for HERO's and as such don't get the added health, which dosn't fit for the locals of the DxDverse

the no health for you divide is because the low ones are for HERO's and as such don't get the added health, which dosn't fit for the locals of the DxDverse
Actually it's because once you've mitigated all of the wound penalties in a normal health track then you still have to give something for adding more epic stamina.
Epic Stamina not
only adds extra successes to rolls but adds to deprivation
times and soak, as well as taking away wound penalties.
The benefits to soak and deprivation times remain as
Epic Stamina increases, and they're accounted for,
but wound penalties top out at -4, so there's nothing
more for higher levels of Epic Stamina to mitigate. Yet
at the demigod level, Epic Stamina provides a boost
to something else: the character's health levels.
You don't start getting more health levels until epic stamina 4, because the first three dots get rid of wound penalties instead.

Actually it's because once you've mitigated all of the wound penalties in a normal health track then you still have to give something for adding more epic stamina.You don't start getting more health levels until epic stamina 4, because the first three dots get rid of wound penalties instead.

...And it has NOTHING to do with this, what part of Alexander has modified the Epic stats is escaping your notice I've only said it multiple times, that is Scion, this is most assuredly NOT >.<

...And it has NOTHING to do with this, what part of Alexander has modified the Epic stats is escaping your notice I've only said it multiple times, that is Scion, this is most assuredly NOT >.<
You're the one that started using Scion for proofs. If you don't want me doing it then you shouldn't have done it.

You're the one that started using Scion for proofs. If you don't want me doing it then you shouldn't have done it.
I used Scion as proof because people were saying Epic Stats in Scion didn't give Health levels, you got them from knacks, which is a complete fallacy, I have never said that the Epic Stats here were exactly the same as Scions, in fact I've pointed out multiple times the fact that no, Alexander modified them before introducing the bloody things because as they were they made no sense or were to overpowered to bring in

And I pointed out that until your reach four dots you don't get any health levels.

Then why are you using examples from Scion as proof?
Because THAT'S WHAT HE/she/it/ohgodtenticles WAS ASKING ABOUT

and then I pointed out Eiko and Mittelt as examples of the fact that Epic Stamina 1 gives 1 health level, and 2 gives 2 health levels, 3 =4, 4+ may well be the same as the Scion versions

I was the guy who said that, didn't know things for demigods were different. I stand corrected.

Alex also told me the Epic Att are different here, so we don't know what is what.

Fist of Daystar is a hero type martial arts and the Perfect Defense is outside the celestial martial arts perview, being a solar charm and all that.

I want a Celestial Martial Arts that give perfect defenses.

EDIT: Can Issei get his own brand of Epic attributes himself? They're rather nice and can be used to wear down even an Exalt since they're mostly free absurd power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back