• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

That doesn't answer why she of all people was chosen to stare down a super-powered maniac like Kokabiel though. I mean Xenovia herself admitted it was a suicide mission even with the Excalibur pieces and Durandal, and the church has to know that they may as well be handing those swords to Kokabiel on a silver platter. So... why?
Warning personal theory: because there's a segment of the church that wanted them to fail and the war to begin anew.

Warning personal theory: because there's a segment of the church that wanted them to fail and the war to begin anew.
This is mine, too.

[X] Stay Silent
-[X] You have not studied War, and are only a novice in Investigation... however, something about this whole situation sinks. Badly. Having local representatives fo the Devil and Church Factions standing in near-opposition like this, while a renegade angel runs around in the background with stolen holy swords? Bad juju. Very bad indeed.
-[X]Irina-chan is your oldest friend. Rias is your friend, confidant, and lover. However, your contract... You take a step to Rias' side, in a physical show of solidarity, for her sake.
-[X]...You suppress a flinch at how Irina's eyes sharpen. 'Sorry, Irina-chan. Please, please understand. I don't want my friend of new, fighting my friend of old.'

EDIT: Right. Not an archangel. Whoops.

Last edited:
Maybe the Church wants the sword reforged, and is trying to use Issei to reclaim the finished product?

That aside, we should go see about getting the actual Excalibur from the Fae.

Meh. Bright knows how to point us in the right direction, but Questing against an Unshaped* is always a gigantic hassle and almost always not worth the effort.

*Best case scenario. More likely an Ishvara has the damn thing considering how powerful it is. That is never worth the effort involved. Also: Suicide for anything short of a full circle of elder Solars.

OH GOD, we pull that off and ALL THE BRICKS would be SHAT.

On the other hand, Stroth makes a good point about retrieving the True Excalibur... Methinks a good comparison would be one of those stupidly hard optional secret bosses in a JRPG. You know, the type that is way, WAY harder than the actual final boss of the game?

I hope this Kokabiel will be an interesting one. I've always wanted one that uses the cannon potrayal of him and builds up on what is giving to us, mainly about his pride as being a Fallen Angel.
I hope you won't just copy paste cannon Kokabile or god help us Good!Kokabiel.

Are we even sure the Fae here ARE Raksha? They could be the Gaian spirits of Fate, or something else entirely.

That said, assuming we are dealing with Raksha, it could be a Freehold or Court, instead of an Unshaped.

Even if it IS an Unshaped, I think it'd be worth Questing for Excalibur, as long as it's not an ishcara we're opposing.

Are we even sure the Fae here ARE Raksha? They could be the Gaian spirits of Fate, or something else entirely.
When Exalted is involved it's best to assume that anything involving fairies is actually Raksha. Safer that way in the long run.
That said, assuming we are dealing with Raksha, it could be a Freehold or Court, instead of an Unshaped.
Excalibur's legend is known by billions of people. Raksha are nothing but stories brought to life. When a story becomes a legend; that is how the Ishvara are born. If the Lady of the Lake wasn't one before all that happened she sure as hell is now.

Also, for those who don't know exalted lore and are confused as hell as to what we're talking about: A raksha is a creature that live in the wyld. The space beyond the edge of the world. They're memetic lifeforms. Living ideas. Stories that interact with the world to tell themselves. The also eat human souls. OOC, the only reason they're not actually called fairies is some bit of executive meddling.

If they take a set physical form then they're a shaped raksha, which has the easiest time interacting with mortals, but is also the weakest.

In their natural form they're an unshaped raksha. No set physical form, capable of becoming nearly anything with a whim and a bit of applied power, but also finding it much harder to enter the physical world.

If they gain enough power their story grows into a legend and they become an Ishvara. Just as hard as an unshaped to enter the mortal world, but enough power that if they decide they want too then very little can stop them. And they really are ridiculously powerful. An Ishvara once matched Ignis Divine is single combat for a full day before being defeated. It's the only time in the recorded history of Creation that there was a day without a sunrise. The only good thing about them is that almost all of them don't give a damn about mortal beings. We're boring and our world is uncomfortable for them. So why bother?

When Exalted is involved it's best to assume that anything involving fairies is actually Raksha. Safer that way in the long run.

Excalibur's legend is known by billions of people. Raksha are nothing but stories brought to life. When a story becomes a legend; that is how the Ishvara are born. If the Lady of the Lake wasn't one before all that happened she sure as hell is now.

Also, for those who don't know exalted lore and are confused as hell as to what we're talking about: A raksha is a creature that live in the wyld. The space beyond the edge of the world. They're memetic lifeforms. Living ideas. Stories that interact with the world to tell themselves. The also eat human souls. OOC, the only reason they're not actually called fairies is some bit of executive meddling.

If they take a set physical form then they're a shaped raksha, which has the easiest time interacting with mortals, but is also the weakest.

In their natural form they're an unshaped raksha. No set physical form, capable of becoming nearly anything with a whim and a bit of applied power, but also finding it much harder to enter the physical world.

If they gain enough power their story grows into a legend and they become an Ishvara. Just as hard as an unshaped to enter the mortal world, but enough power that if they decide they want too then very little can stop them. And they really are ridiculously powerful. An Ishvara once matched Ignis Divine is single combat for a full day before being defeated. It's the only time in the recorded history of Creation that there was a day without a sunrise. The only good thing about them is that almost all of them don't give a damn about mortal beings. We're boring and our world is uncomfortable for them. So why bother?
While it's true that Excalibur's legend is known by billions, it's unclear if the Lady of the Lake was the sole creator, and how powerful a Raksha who only plays a supporting role in a major legend would be.

I'm not saying we should do this lightly--it's quite possible you're right and we are dealing with an Ishvara. I do, however, believe that we should investigate this before dismissing it. Even if we are, we might consider seeking it anyway: Even an Ishvara will not be fond of having their legend written off as fiction, and returning the Sword of Promised Victory to the world could be a powerful way to reverse that degradation.

Could be worse it could be the Other Excalibur...

My legend begins in the 12th century!"
*facepalm* You're right. It really could.
Excalibur_Face.jpg

Hnn. Maybe the Excalibur would achieve enough belief that it reaches sentience and becomes an Ishvara-desu.

So...before anyone jumps on me about this being a breech of forum etiquette (or possibly even the rules themselves), I want everyone to know that I already asked Alexander for permission to do this and it has been given.

Here's a quest I just started on the SFW side of QQ. Occult Club Quest.

If you're familiar with Sage of Eye's 'A Geek's Guide: C.O.R.E.' on SB or The LDMan's 'Covered in Blood, Surrounded by Spirits' on SV, it's something like that except on a smaller scale. Basically, you play as the head of a fairly classic anime trope: the occult club. The school is a large one and you're currently in the 8th grade, so there's plenty of room to grow through the high school years. Turns will be a month, each, instead of a year long as is usual in a CK2 quest.

The reason why I asked Alexander if it was okay to throw up an advert in his quest thread is because a fair number of people come to QQ for a few select things, but don't really get into the lewder side. This is possibly (almost certainly) the most-watched quest on the SFW side of QQ, so I thought this would give me the most exposure and PM'd Alexander for permission, which he benevolently gave.

So, feel free to ignore this or pop on over and give the quest a look. Given the holiday season, I've decided to keep the first vote open at least until Saturday, possibly Sunday, as it's an important vote and I would like as many people as possible to get in on the ground floor.

Regardless, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

PS - Thanks again Alexander for letting me do this.

Here's a quest I just started on the SFW side of QQ. Occult Club Quest.
No Issei = no reading.
Sorry but I'm not that interested in the one on SB, even if it's based on DxD world setting. Besides the main reason why I am here is because guilty pleasure, at least it's safe enough and unlike those on ff.net where they shove a bunch of INO into my eyes every time I try to search for new fics.

Excuse my ignorance but...INO? What is that?
In Name Only. Like those guys who use character tags to let you know that this story features Smart!Issei or Non-perverted!Issei or Grimdark!Issei. They're not interested in writing Issei at all, they're just using him as a placeholder for a self-insert or an original character with a completely different personality. Thus, their main character is Issei "in name only."

The other variety of course are the authors obsessed with their shitty mary sue OCs that nobody gives a damn about. Because god forbid that we use or develop the characters of the main cast, right?

Excuse my ignorance but...INO? What is that?
INO means "In name only". Aka an OC that is wearing a canon character's skin and using his name but behaving nothing like him/her.

Examples include IINOs (Issei in name only), NINOs (Naruto in name only), and SINOs (Saito in name only).

In Name Only. Like those guys who use character tags to let you know that this story features Smart!Issei or Non-perverted!Issei or Grimdark!Issei. They're not interested in writing Issei at all, they're just using him as a placeholder for a self-insert or an original character with a completely different personality. Thus, their main character is Issei "in name only."

The other variety of course are the authors obsessed with their shitty mary sue OCs that nobody gives a damn about. Because god forbid that we use or develop the characters of the main cast, right?

INO means "In name only". Aka an OC that is wearing a canon character's skin and using his name but behaving nothing like him/her.

Examples include IINOs (Issei in name only), NINOs (Naruto in name only), and SINOs (Saito in name only).

Oh that's right! I remember after the 1998 American Godzilla came out everyone was calling the creature GINO or Zilla.

Have to admit I'm kind of guilty of that sort of writing myself, especially in some of my older fanfics, but I digress.

In any case, thanks guys!

Actually the "zilla" bit came when the original studio that created godzilla bought the rights to the american godzilla, officially re-named it "Zilla", and then had godzilla murder it on screen. Apparantly the japanese hated that movie even more then we did.

I saw that clip! In a review or something. Funny as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back