• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Alchemy Meister Ashley (Original Setting, Inspired by Kamidori Alchemy Meister)

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

Beginning

Eons ago, at the time when the world was nothing but a sea of chaos, there was a war...

PrinceArjuna

smugface
Beginning

Eons ago, at the time when the world was nothing but a sea of chaos, there was a war that took place between two panthenons of gods. When the dust settled, the old order of the Ancient Gods, Gaestrean, was no more, leaving the New Gods, Luminarian, to enjoy their newfound prominence. The remnants of Gaestrean were pushed into obscurity, and life under Luminarian started to prosper.

In order to recreate the world to its image, Luminarian gave birth to a new set of races into the world, putting it alongside the old one that was given birth by the old order of gods. One race in particular, Terran, or humans, was among the new races created by Luminarian. Initially thought to be the weakest, frailest among the races, Terran soon proved itself superior to the other races, using its sheer tenacity and creativity as it raised itself above others.

Civilizations started to flourish, and countless nations started to form all across the world. Terran, in particular, was the one that made most of them. Being well-known for its tenacity and ingenuity, it learned the ways of the other races, elevating the race's status to become the most dominant one in the world. By understanding the world and everything around them, they learned how to manipulate all elements around them, and soon enough, they became the race of miracles, reaching the domain of divinity itself.

Worried upon seeing how much one of its creation had grown into, Luminarian decided to make a drastic choice, a counterbalance so that Terran would not end up destroying its creator. And so, Luminarian created Angels, the divine agents of gods that carried Luminarian's wills. They were sent upon the world to observe the humans, to discern whether their continued existence could bring harm to the gods or not. If latter was proven to be correct, the Angels were set to neutralize the threat, and humanity would be wiped out into extinction.

Fortunately for the Terran, the Angels saw that the humans had yet to reach the threshold, and they were left alone. There were also humans who still worshipped the gods, and the Angels saw no reason to purge them out. Still, Terran was put under constant observation by the divine agents of gods as it made its progress in term of knowledge and power. Whether knowledge and power could ensure humanity's survival or not, only time would tell.

-Alchemy Meister Ashley-

Character Sheet

Player Character
Name: Ashley Braveheart
Sex: Male
Class: Alchemist
Background (choice):
[ ] Partisan - A noble-born youth. Hailed from a rather distinguished family, you live quite a comfortable life prior to you becoming an alchemist. Due to your decision to become an alchemist, your relationship with your father is strained, but oddly enough, your mother support you and your endeavor, probably due to the fact that she used to be an alchemist's apprentice before being married into a noble family. Due to your family's wealth, you can ask for your family's support in term of finance.
[ ] Hereditary - Your parents used to be high-ranked alchemists before they were killed during an expedition. You, as their son, continue the family's tradition and inherit the family's business as an alchemist. Being the son of renowned alchemists, you are well-known among the community, which allow you to learn more about the arts of alchemy. After the death of your parents, you inherit their workshop and library, allowing you great access to the alchemical knowledge, which may help you in your career.
[x] Vagrant - A youth who grew up in harsh environment, you used to wander around many places. As a result, you became proficient in the arts of combat. Even so, you desire to become an alchemist above all else. Being a wanderer, you are resourceful and 'street-smart', which may come in handy in your career as an alchemist. Your experience as a wanderer also allows you to gain access to unexplored and uncharted places, and it is your decision to start the grand expedition.

Skills:
Crafting: Lv 1 [0/10]
Forging: Lv 1 [0/10]
Brewing: Lv 1 [0/10]
Sewing: Lv 1 [0/10]

Last edited:
[X] Vagrant - A youth who grew up in harsh environment, you used to wander around many places. As a result, you became proficient in the arts of combat. Even so, you desire to become an alchemist above all else. Being a wanderer, you are resourceful and 'street-smart', which may come in handy in your career as an alchemist. Your experience as a wanderer also allows you to gain access to unexplored and uncharted places, and it is your decision to start the grand expedition.

This should make for a nice change from the game's premise.

[x] Vagrant - A youth who grew up in harsh environment, you used to wander around many places. As a result, you became proficient in the arts of combat. Even so, you desire to become an alchemist above all else. Being a wanderer, you are resourceful and 'street-smart', which may come in handy in your career as an alchemist. Your experience as a wanderer also allows you to gain access to unexplored and uncharted places, and it is your decision to start the grand expedition.

Huh; strangely enough, the idea of a Kamidori-inspired quest had been rattling around in my head for a while. Though, are we playing in the same setting (and possibly Yuidora itself), or is this an original setting with lots of aspects/ideas from Kamidori?

Huh; strangely enough, the idea of a Kamidori-inspired quest had been rattling around in my head for a while. Though, are we playing in the same setting (and possibly Yuidora itself), or is this an original setting with lots of aspects/ideas from Kamidori?

I'm thinking about an original setting but with lots of aspects/idea from Kamidori.

RRRIIIIINNGGG!!!

You wake up and are mildly annoyed by the alarm clock that disturbed your slumber. Feeling a little groggy, you reach to the alarm clock and push the snooze button. Being an alchemist's apprentice, this little contraption (alarm clock) is one of your creations.

Getting up from your bed, you yawn and stretch up your arms. Rubbing your eyes, you step away from your comfy bed (it seems to be rather inviting, as if asking you to remain on the bed to continue having a few more minutes of sleep) and walk over to your mirror on the wall.

Standing in front of the mirror, you see your own image, the face of a youth, barely reaching adulthood. You see...

[ ] Shiny, golden hair, the mark of highborn. Despite you growing up as a wanderer, you know that you are descended from a noble family in the past. Your hair is quite long, reaching almost to your back. It takes a few minutes to groom it, tying it into a ponytail.
[ ] Brown hair, the color of earth. You see that it is the most normal hair color around here, and yours is shoulder-length. You also cannot help but to notice a cowlick on top of your head, and you hope that the cowlick won't make people assume that you are stupid.
[ ] Black hair, spiky and short, making your appearance seem more roguish. This hair-styling is worrying you, because it makes you seem rather wild-like, giving you the appearance of a bad boy. You sure hope that this hair style won't give you much trouble in the future.

Blinking a few times, you look into your own reflection again, and you see...

[ ] Brown eyes.
[ ] Blue eyes.
[ ] Green eyes.

You remember that you should be going by now. Your qualification test will begin in just a couple of hours. Failure to arrive in time will bring a dire consequence. You may have to wait for the next year to receive your alchemist's license.

Even so, you shouldn't forget your equipment. You reach for your toolbox before you take your...

[ ] Hammer, a standard weapon of an alchemist. Slow, but packs tremendous power.
[ ] Sword, light but dangerous. Can cut through your enemies with relative ease.
[ ] Gunblade, a sword/gun hybrid. A very versatile weapon, yet difficult to use/master.
[ ] Write-ins.

Smiling, you step out of your cottage to go to the examination area. This cottage is your uncle's, and he graciously gave it to you after you return from your adventure across the continent as a wanderer. In order to become an alchemist, you have to settle down first so that you can begin your career as an alchemist.

Last edited:
Huh. I wonder if the hair colour is a reference to the Kamidori characters. Long and gold/blonde could be Wilfred, and black and spiky could be Laguna. Though Laguna's hair is more shoulder-length, and not exactly spiky.

Not sure which weapon to pick. I don't suppose write-ins would be an option, here?

Huh. I wonder if the hair colour is a reference to the Kamidori characters. Long and gold/blonde could be Wilfred, and black and spiky could be Laguna. Though Laguna's hair is more shoulder-length, and not exactly spiky.

Not sure which weapon to pick. I don't suppose write-ins would be an option, here?

Actually, just Wilfred. The other two options are original.
And sure, write-ins can be an option too.

Hm... now I'm torn about what sort of weapon to write in... :D

If you don't know what sort of weapon to write in, why don't you just choose from the options? :p
It's more that I'm torn between the various other ideas that come to mind for me. Like, say, our character using gauntlets/gloves, because this way there'll be less damage to the beasties he brings down, and thus more materials (or at least that's the IC-justification). Or wrist-/underarm-mounted crossbows with self-made bolts and poisons. Or a pair of daggers that also double as magical wands...

So many options... :D

Hmm... let's just say, as an alchemist, our character is more into physical combats rather than magical. That should narrow it down.

That helps, yeah. So, less Laguna, and more Wil. I'm guessing the weapon-selection will also have other effects? Heavier weapons like hammer/mace/axe tending more towards a durable and heavy-hitting but slow character, while swords, daggers, and the like would tend more towards speed and agility?

That helps, yeah. So, less Laguna, and more Wil. I'm guessing the weapon-selection will also have other effects? Heavier weapons like hammer/mace/axe tending more towards a durable and heavy-hitting but slow character, while swords, daggers, and the like would tend more towards speed and agility?

More or less, yes. But it doesn't mean our character doesn't have his own set of magic, but like Wil's, it's more into support and reinforcement. And I'd like to avoid giving our character ranged weapons.

[X] Brown hair, the color of earth. You see that it is the most normal hair color around here, and yours is shoulder-length. You also cannot help but to notice a cowlick on top of your head, and you hope that the cowlick won't make people assume that you are stupid.
[X] Green eyes.

[X] Write-ins.
-[X] Kusarigama. A weapon difficult to master, but it offers a wide array of options in combat, from restraining monsters to confuse people unfamiliar to your style, something that served you quite well as a wanderer.

[x] Black hair, spiky and short, making your appearance seem more roguish. This hair-styling is worrying you, because it makes you seem rather wild-like, giving you the appearance of a bad boy. You sure hope that this hair style won't give you much trouble in the future.
[x] Blue eyes.

[x] Write-ins.
-[x] Crossbow-gauntlets. It's short range and lacking power are generally compensated for by poisoning or enchanting the bolts, and the armored gauntlets can be used in melee combat. Somewhat difficult to use, but very versatile.

Alternatively, if those are not acceptable for the GM:
[x] Alternative Write-in:
-[x] Daggers and knives. Short-ranged, but very fast and nimble, with the added option of throwing them at the enemy.

[x] Brown hair
[x] Blue eyes.

[x] Write-ins.
-[x] Crossbow-gauntlets. It's short range and lacking power are generally compensated for by poisoning or enchanting the bolts, and the armored gauntlets can be used in melee combat. Somewhat difficult to use, but very versatile.

[X] Shiny, golden hair, the mark of highborn. Despite you growing up as a wanderer, you know that you are descended from a noble family in the past. Your hair is quite long, reaching
almost to your back. It takes a few minutes to groom it, tying it into a ponytail.

[X] Green eyes.

[X] Arcane Hammer Custom (Burnhild) , (Based on Rineheart Weapon from Overwatch and a gunblade) while basically still a hammer there is a small Exceleration Enhancement on the hammer along with a Stabilizing Charm to keep balance along with a one shot bullet with 4 different types of rounds.

Fire (Attack)
Water(Clear Out)
Earth(Defense)
Wind(Blow them away)

Last edited:
[X] Shiny, golden hair, the mark of highborn. Despite you growing up as a wanderer, you know that you are descended from a noble family in the past. Your hair is quite long, reaching almost to your back. It takes a few minutes to groom it, tying it into a ponytail.

[X] Blue eyes.

[X] Write-ins.
-[X] Crossbow-gauntlets. It's short range and lacking power are generally compensated for by poisoning or enchanting the bolts, and the armored gauntlets can be used in melee combat. Somewhat difficult to use, but very versatile.

[X] Shiny, golden hair, the mark of highborn. Despite you growing up as a wanderer, you know that you are descended from a noble family in the past. Your hair is quite long, reaching almost to your back. It takes a few minutes to groom it, tying it into a ponytail.

[X] Blue eyes.

[X] Write-ins.
-[X] Crossbow-gauntlets. It's short range and lacking power are generally compensated for by poisoning or enchanting the bolts, and the armored gauntlets can be used in melee combat. Somewhat difficult to use, but very versatile.

Damn, now I have to download the game so that I can play it.

Damn, now I have to download the game so that I can play it.
Currently playing it again, myself. 2nd game, and I'm currently busy raising the Weapon Skill of most of my party-members so they can actually use their best weapons. As much as I love the game otherwise, this kind of grinding can get rather tedious, particularly since the various side-characters (ie, those aside from Wil and the Heroines) can't use Gems to increase their Skill Growth Rate...

Currently playing it again, myself. 2nd game, and I'm currently busy raising the Weapon Skill of most of my party-members so they can actually use their best weapons. As much as I love the game otherwise, this kind of grinding can get rather tedious, particularly since the various side-characters (ie, those aside from Wil and the Heroines) can't use Gems to increase their Skill Growth Rate...

Actually, there is an equipment that allow the side-characters to level up much faster. I kind of forgot what its name is, though. Been a while since the last time I played it.

Actually, there is an equipment that allow the side-characters to level up much faster. I kind of forgot what its name is, though. Been a while since the last time I played it.
Do you mean Marwen's Ring and Necklace? They only increase the rate at which a character's Stats grow during level-ups.
Other than those, there's also the Training Bracelet, which gives a character the "Mercy" skill, which prevents an enemy's HP from being reduced to 0. I'm currently using that a lot for grinding the weapon-skills, since for those it doesn't matter if the enemy is killed, as long as the character uses an attack skill of some sort.

..."Mercy" skill my ass, putting it in the hands of a gamer would make your chars seem like a sadist :p

Also, I kinda need a faster way to download the game, so other than erogedownload, can someone PM me a better way to download them? Or can someone with the game upload it to Mega.co and PM me the link? I would appreciate it if someone does so.

[X] Green eyes.

[X] Gunblade, a sword/gun hybrid. A very versatile weapon, yet difficult to use/master.

Glorious Aryan gunblade alchemist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back