• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Ascent of a Lunar Maelstrom [Naruto/Exalted]

So narrow will have an adversarial relationship with the past life but it will help it host regardles[X] Hinata

[X]Someone far away, preferably in another universe, who we will never ever meet.
This is the only safe Solar mate option.

[X] Sakura.

Because it's the only way Team 7's relationship could get more fucked up.

[X]Someone far away, preferably in another universe, who we will never ever meet.

Winged One said:
This is the only safe Solar mate option.

kinglugia said:

Sorry, ready have plans for a Solar so... Kinda can't consider this a valid vote. Plan as in kinda already got a CS up and such.

Aw, fine.

...wait, how would they use the same character sheet? Unless you mean one for when Marela Assumes Direct Control?

Anyway,
[]Hinata
She's a sweetie.

Winged One said:
[X]Hinata
She's a sweetie.
Hmm

She would destroy us in melee with that Gentle fist and being a Dawn especially either ability to seal away our chakra points. However Naruto's already fought Neji so he's used to fighting a Hyuuga plus we could always use Kurama's chakra again; blunt force reopen our chakra points(perhaps with essence); or find someway to protect our chakra points like maybe creating a wind Armor like the Raikage's lighting armor that she would have to dispel first(actually we should do this just for the speed/defense/power boost it would give us) or maybe making a seal that let's us reopen our chakra points.

It would do wonders with her self-confidence. Though that might mean she'll be more like Road to ninja alt self.I could see her getting fed up that Naruto still hasn't really noticed her and is still fixated on the likes of Sakura who treated him like crap for years.

Plus unless like Sakura she doesn't have an affinity for genjutsu which I expect would make learning solar mindrape charms easier.Also as a changing moon we specialize in social actions and currently have 4 dots in Charisma; Naruto's ability to inspire people and make even even people who were his enemies or hated his guts like him and taking into account she already crushes on Naruto, we should be able to charm her into liking us again especially if we take the effort to get to know her better.

I think it'd be that Hinata's love might balance the past live's hate because Hinata doesn't just love Naruto , he's one of the cornerstones of her life. Without him she wouldn't have been able to brave what she did and will.

Diller said:
Hmm

She would destroy us in melee with that Gentle fist and being a Dawn especially either ability to seal away our chakra points. However Naruto's already fought Neji so he's used to fighting a Hyuuga plus we could always use Kurama's chakra again; blunt force reopen our chakra points(perhaps with essence); or find someway to protect our chakra points like maybe creating a wind Armor like the Raikage's lighting armor that she would have to dispel first(actually we should do this just for the speed/defense/power boost it would give us) or maybe making a seal that let's us reopen our chakra points.
Please back up and notice that you just suggested that we get into an open conflict with a Dawn of equal experience to us.

It would do wonders with her self-confidence. Though that might mean she'll be more like Road to ninja alt self.I could see her getting fed up that Naruto still hasn't really noticed her and is still fixated on the likes of Sakura who treated him like crap for years.
Oh, your plan hinges on her kicking our ass. Okay, that makes much more sense. Not sure it's a good idea, though - we can point her at other targets for her self-confidence-boosting victories, which won't have her thinking of violence as a tool for using on us, and will accomplish other things as well.

Plus unless like Sakura she doesn't have an affinity for genjutsu which I expect would make learning solar mindrape charms easier.Also as a changing moon we specialize in social actions and currently have 4 dots in Charisma; Naruto's ability to inspire people and make even even people who were his enemies or hated his guts like him and taking into account she already crushes on Naruto, we should be able to charm her into liking us again especially if we take the effort to get to know her better.
When did she ever stop liking Naruto?

Winged One said:
When did she ever stop liking Naruto?

MerelysSoul said:
Therefore if you take this, who ever you choose will be hated by Naruto but be helped by Merela. The choice is yours. Do you take this and risk an even worse choice or are you fine with Karin as a Solar?

Whoops. I must've read this while I was still half-asleep from my nap. I thought the solar was going to hate Naruto not that Naruto was going to hate the Solar. Disregard my previous train of thought since it was based on Hinata now hating our guts.

....oh shit we would need to get that relationship back to at least friendship as soon as possible. As Tinker put it

Introspective Tinkerer said:
I think it's be that Hinata's love might balance the past live's hate because Hinata doesn't just love Naruto , he's one of the cornerstones of her life. Without him she wouldn't have been able to brave what she did and will.

That girl will break if Naruto now hates her because of their past lives. Hinata doesn't deserve that. Girl is so sweet.(Still pissed that Naruto never really had a talk with her AFTER SHE CONFESSED TO HIM BEFORE NEARLY DYING. Especially since he still wants Sakura even after she gave him such a BS "confession" that even Naruto could tell she was lying through her teeth. Come on Naruto you know for a fact Hinata wants you. The girl has been nothing but kind to you;She's got bigger breasts then Sakura and is a very good cook according to the anime.WHY H AS HE NOT JUMPED ON THAT?)

Sorry about the mini rant. Even though I like Sakura and can ship NaruSaku canon wise Naruhina is just better.

[X] Hinata

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, I thought it was the Solar who hated the Lunar.

That's what I thought too but we apparently misunderstood. Naruto will hate the Solar(I'm guessing Past life bleed over)

It's past lives not an overwrite. Hinata's a friend and Naruto's forgiving. The hatchet can be buried and Hinata lacks the temperment or willingness to go mindrape. M-r-l- is helpful to her as well and so shouldn't bend her to dicking us over.

Wait.

Fuck that.

[X]Sakura.

She's a medic type. Dawn makes her more punchy. She's friendly. We actively like her. And she's a medic mad science type and so can benefit konoha alot.

Oh, if we're going to end up hating the Solar, then I'll go with
[X]Sakura
Naruto'll have a way better chance with her than normal, since he'll have become her type. :p

Winged One said:
Oh, if we're going to end up hating the Solar, then I'll go with
[X]Sakura
Naruto'll have a way better chance with her than normal, since he'll have become her type. :p

Damn :))

I might change to Sakura just for that.

Wait....that was us....I entirely mis-understood the relationship thing then

Hmm, at least our Solar isn't the reincarnation of Desus. That one be cray cray, yo.

Yes, most of them were crazy but you have to be a special type of insane to be used as the example of the First Age Solar Problem.

MerelysSoul said:
The other side of the Dynamics. How would Naruto react to the Solar Exaltation? Would he be on friendly terms, more then friendly terms or will he be the opposite, hate the person? Remember not all relationships with Solars/Lunars are happy ones, case in point Desus and Lilith. How would the other person handle Naruto hating them or loving them?

Example, Hinata. Could she handle being the object of her role model's hate? Would she try to use the link between them to get him to stop hating or would she bare all that hate in order to help Naruto?
^ Just a friendly reminder.

How would your choices handle being hated by Naruto? For example, lets continue with Hinata. Imagine how she must feel knowing Naruto hates her because she's the reincarnation of Merela. Now said Solar would suggest that she uses the bond between them to lessen the hate. Thus Merela is being helpful to he while not so much to us. Would Hinata take her advice or could she bare the pain of being hated b the one she loves?

Wait, why would the shard have so much influence as to make Naruto hate someone? I know there's runoff from the previous user but I didn't think that gave the Exaltation free reign to make us hate someone who could possibly be family, a friend, or a lover. Sure there might be a strain in the relationship from the memories, but legitimate hatred of a loved one? Naruto would sooner rip the shard out of his soul than do that.

Wait, why would the shard have so much influence as to make Naruto hate someone? I know there's runoff from the previous user but I didn't think that gave the Exaltation free reign to make us hate someone who could possibly be family, a friend, or a lover.

Simple, he would have conflicting feelings. There is the exalt side which would Hate the person and then his own side which would care for the person.

MerelysSoul said:
Simple, he would have conflicting feelings. There is the exalt side which would Hate the person and then his own side which would care for the person.
...oh, So it's not /straight/ hate?
Well, at least I can continue reading in peace.
Also: [X] Revote for Hinata
Because I want to see Naruto go tsundere over her.

Then why did you word it in a way that said Naruto would completely hate the person?

I did I say completely hate? If I did then I am sorry, it's not completely with allies. I think it was about Karin who is connected to an enemy which Naruto hates.

kinglugia said:
...oh, So it's not /straight/ hate?
Well, at least I can continue reading in peace.
Also: [X] Revote for Hinata
Because I want to see Naruto go tsundere over her.

Who said he would. Anway, my previous post about that still applies. How would she feel and would she give into Merela's advice?

I would think she'd reason out that it's not Naruto that hates her but the thing that has attached to him as the thing that has attached to her did. Solar and Lunar mates have a connection right?

I would think she'd reason out that it's not Naruto that hates her but the thing that has attached to him as the thing that has attached to her did. Solar and Lunar mates have a connection right?

A bit more complex then that but yes.

To go on record, I am not a Hinata or Sakura Hater. I just don't believe they are the perfect goddesses most people make them out to be. Each has there own flaws.

I never said they were perfect. In fact, I explicitly said that Hinata is dependent on Naruto to have the bravery to face adversity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back