• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Ascent of a Lunar Maelstrom [Naruto/Exalted]

MerelysSoul said:
Yeah, I can imagine Sasuke's reactions.

"Naruto, your cousin is at it again. She sneaked into the bath house while I was in it. Stole several pieces of clothing and other things. Plus she tried to make me drink this weird liquid."

"Damnit Sasuke just go on a date with her.

"But she'll try to daterape me"

Sasuke this is the 3rd time she tried to drug you this week. If you don't give her something soon then she'll lose what subtlety she has left and tie you to your bed until your unconscious or drained of all bodily fluids.

...You may have a point

theunderbolt said:
....Oh god she may think Naruto is competing for the Sauce and go all yandere.

She must never and I mean never know who Sasuke's first kiss was. We also need to continually stress Sasuke is only our surrogate brother/rival/best friend ad nothing more. Despite the fantasies of fan girls

To be honest I'm not surprised either. There was a good chance that a limit break was going to screw us over no matter what

. Also like I said thee had to be some form of balancing act for the fact Naruto has both an exaltation and Yang Kurama.

Which reminds me that we need to befriend Kurama and get sage mode ASAP. If/when Karin goes nuts even by her standards(fucking limit breaks) and she attacks us then we'll need every advantage we can get if we want even a chance to survive.

MerelysSoul said:

FUCK I forgot she was raised by Orochimari. I had been thinking she joined during the time skip.

MerelysSoul said:
I am not the one punishing you. I did warn you that this could happen. That is what we call funny karma.

In my experience as a lunar exalt is that if you don't have a good solid social build (and depending on the level of the bond) you will never win against them if they don't want you to do something.

*sigh* This......is going to suck hard

Unless I am missing something she will be mental/social/physical build

Yeah. Normally, I'm pretty much all over everything Exalted like white on rice. This, though? I'm outta here.

And even if she liked us as an uzumaki She has deep prior loyalties to be sasuke and Orochimaru and no inherent moral standing that would have her turning. It would be perfectly fine for her to abuse the Solar bond to try to make us turn anyway so she can have family, her boytoy who will be impresssed by solarness, and her mentor who will want three superweapons.

Only the body hopping might turn her off to him and you know what? Solar mother fucking super science say flash grow and Uchiha supersoldier body with Uzumaki and Senju DNA and stick him in there. Bam.

Now there's Super Orochimaru, Super Sasuke, and Solar Karin and a horde of solar designed Otonin freaks force militplying.

What exactly can we bring to the army table compared to that that we will acutally use? Can we even accelerate up the power chain like we did in canon.

codeRR said:
So were getting punished for picking something different?

Swell -_-

Who were the options again Sakura and a write in?

Edit: No it was a male oc.....even more swell
No. It was Sakura as the default safe choice. Even in the worst case she would be a friend in the middle of a Konoha who has people to help her fight off merela. Male Oc as a gamble that can be good or bad but has no standing ties to the world so it mostly nuetral. Then any one else you can dream to choose. Like Hinata,Kiba,Kakashi,Shino, Ino Shikamaru, Bushy Brows, Gaara, Temari, Choji, Kurenai, any konoha nin, Yuuki from the movie, konoharmaru, that kid from wave, and any random person who likes us.

But no you people Chose Karin Uzumaki basic ninja yandere loyal to orochimaru, with a science skill interest, and a super intielligent super science mentor who had an adversarial relationship with us in canon and no qualms about getting what she want anyway she can. Why not Choose Orochimaru or Kabuto Directly.

Hell choose Pein. It would hurt less. I and everyone who didn't vote Konan have right to complain because we didn't essentially vote super omega hard mode in a way we're gonna have to twist out build around to avoid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will admit I got blinded by the hype train and went along with it

What I did not expect though has to have them hate us right off the back...so yeah

But going beyond that the best bet for us is to avoid her out right

Really hard to do as we also have to find Sasuke and if things so how it was in canon then that will be a problem.

At the same time though who knows what could change...

codeRR said:
I will admit I got blinded by the hype train and went along with it

What I did not expect though has to have them hate us right off the back...so yeah
How did you expect someone loyal to the enemy to no hate us immediately?

codeRR said:
Unless I am missing something she will be mental/social/physical build

A dawn with that will specialize in twilight skills.

We're going to need enough absolutely stupid amounts charisma, a none crazy Bro Sasuke, and our Kyuubi-sage chakra mode(if we got really lucky we would have the Rikudo Senjutsu technique but that requires us to meet and befriend every bijuu and their Jin and nearly die so we could meet the sage oh and get dad out of the shinigami's belly and revive him somehow so we can get Yin kurama. It's probably easier screw over Obito and Madara and become the juubi Jin.)

We need to need to spend those 2-3 years until Shippuden well. We must learn the shadow clone training method and we need learn more Jutsu especially those pertaining to our wind affinity. Hopefully we can also get Jiraya to teach us sealing since that was one of the uzumaki specialities. Perfect Jins are immune to genjutsu because their tailed beast can tell then if something is messing with their head. This could hopefully translate to Kurama at the very least being able to warn us we're being mindraped.

Of course we need to get Kurama out of his "I hate everyone but I especially hate you Naruto cause your mother had me crucified in her seal and your father took half my power and they both sealed me in you mere minutes after I finally regained my freedom" phase and probably kick his ass.

But if we want even the slightest chance of survival then Sasuke cannot and I mean CANNOT get to Orochimaru. If he does then we might as well commit suicide right then and there.

Larekko12 said:
How did you expect someone loyal to the enemy to no hate us immediately?

*Sigh* when you put it like that yes you are correct. What I meant by my statement was I didn't expect it to be so weird, her past hated us but we are helpful to her? I didn't understand that little thing the gm posted about our relationship

codeRR said:
*Sigh* when you put it like that yes you are correct. What I meant by my statement was I didn't expect it to be so weird, her past hated us but we are helpful to her? I didn't understand that little thing the gm posted about our relationship

Basically, Naruto's relationship with Karin is Hate. Merela's Relationship with Karin is Helpful.

MerelysSoul said:
Basically, Naruto's relationship with Karin is Hate. Merela's Relationship with Karin is Helpful.

So she can get charms faster then us cause she has a mentor correct?

codeRR said:
Oh.....wow so she can get charms faster then us cause she has a mentor correct?

Pretty much.

Now I am going to be nice and give you a 'Get out of Jail Free' card in the form of a revote on this particular one. If the majority wishes, I will allow a revote this one time. However, this doesn't extend to the Relationships. Therefore if you take this, who ever you choose will be hated by Naruto but be helped by Merela. The choice is yours. Do you take this and risk an even worse choice or are you fine with Karin as a Solar?

Alright then

Anyone have a idea on who to choose?

MerelysSoul said:
*nods* Kinda was expecting this to happen. So Kids, what did we learn to day? Don't go with lol answers, they could screw you over BIG time.
I didn't vote for Karin because of that. I voted for her because I think she can be a good character and I like shipping her and Naruto. You don't need to be a dick just because everyone went with a write-in vote.

codeRR said:
Alright then

Anyone have a idea on who to choose?
Doesn't matter because the GM has effectively killed this quest already. Lunars are already at a disadvantage compared to Solars, and now he wants to compound that with giving the Solar in question a 5-dot Mentor, and making him/her hate your guts.
So, you might as well not bother.

John At DAwn said:
I didn't vote for Karin because of that. I voted for her because I think she can be a good character and I like shipping her and Naruto. You don't need to be a dick just because everyone went with a write-in vote.

I am not, actually. Even now, the Revote thing is just a way of making sure. Of course things can change, Naruto could switch from Hate to Friendship or even Love. While Karin could switch object of desire.\

Kelenas said:
Doesn't matter because the GM has effectively killed this quest already. Lunars are already at a disadvantage compared to Solars, and now he wants to compound that with giving the Solar in question a 5-dot Mentor, and making him/her hate your guts.
So, you might as well not bother.

First off, I didn't choose the Relationships. That is just the luck of the draw.

Second off, I haven't killed the quest... At least, I hope I didn't...

Third off, while I do respect that you don't wish to vote. Could you please try not to be negative about this?

Wait....it can change?! I thought it was a locked in sort of thing

codeRR said:
Wait....it can change?! I thought it was a locked in sort of thing

no, like any relationship, it can change, for better or for worse. Naruto does have a habit of turning former enemies into allies, so he isn't completely screwed.

MerelysSoul said:
Pretty much.

Now I am going to be nice and give you a 'Get out of Jail Free' card in the form of a revote on this particular one. If the majority wishes, I will allow a revote this one time. However, this doesn't extend to the Relationships. Therefore if you take this, who ever you choose will be hated by Naruto but be helped by Merela. The choice is yours. Do you take this and risk an even worse choice or are you fine with Karin as a Solar?

Well we would have to be careful with who we choose. Any Akatsuki member is out. Orochimaru or another of his minions is probably not a good idea Someone from Konoja would cause a shitton of drama and the idea of Danzo or his root members getting it makes me shudder. A Jin getting it would partially negate our advantage of having an exaltation and a Tailed beast. A Kage would mean their might be a war between the Leaf and another hidden village.

Hmm only names coming to mind right now that don't seen to be completely horrible are Karui and Samui.

MerelysSoul said:
I am not, actually. Even now, the Revote thing is just a way of making sure. Of course things can change, Naruto could switch from Hate to Friendship or even Love. While Karin could switch object of desire.

Changing object of desire would be extremely hard. Sasuke stabbed through her to kill Danzo, said she was useless to him for getting taken hostage despite the act he would've died multiple times in just the battle alone if it wasn't for her help, and then tried to make Sakura kill her and she forgave him within seconds of meeting again.

Now befriending her is much more believable and easier(doesn't mean it probably wouldn't be difficult) There is a reason the name Talk no Jutsu exists. Again if we have a none crazy Bro Sasuke who doesn't want to kill us on our side then we have a chance of befriending her. I mean Naruto got Nagato and Obito to believe in him and die helping him out when both were in the pits of despair. Obito was the damn main villain for awhile and the one responsible for Naruto being a Jin and orphaned. Hell Obito and Nagato were even trying to deliberately break Naruto so he would see things their way.

Eh, I say we keep her. Doesn't really matter who it is if they hate us and somehow have M-R-L active and helping.

As of right now we've got more social focus, though Karin might always grab some. Depending, among other things, on what the solar queen suggests to the newest Dawn.(Unless she happens to be a Dusk or a Slayer?)

Also, I don't see any dots in solar bond on our charsheet, so we should be safe from that part, I think. Unless we happen to be a TAW lunar in which case there is no bond unless we say so, and even then, we'd be the one reaping the benefits, not the solar.

Think we could get her to like us by doing something like getting Sasuke to agree to go on a date with her?

[X] Rinsemon Write-In

Your fingers flash through the hand signs as the air around you fills with puffs of smoke, a half dozen shadow clones materializing around you, grinning with anticipation, your anticipation, your hungry desire to drag Sasuke back home where he belongs. In a flash, they dart forward as you begin to mold and spin chakra in your palm once more.

Please... bring Sasuke back!

Your clones themselves glow with the same silver fire you now do, Anima flaring around them as they surround Sasuke and begin their assault. They don't last long, but Sasuke is tired, not rejuvenated like yourself. The clones would usually only take him a few moments, but now they hold his attention for a bit longer. Two pop under his sweeping palm strikes, their new-found grace not enough to beat the Uchiha heir's taijutsu might. Three more vanish under a blast of fire. Only the last one manages to take advantage, wrapping his arms tightly around the teme from behind. It's barely an offensive move, and it only takes Sasuke a moment to break the hold, but it is enough.

I will bring him back. Even if I have to break him.

Enough for you to see his eyes widen in shock as you leap forward and smash your Rasengan into his chest.

Rinsemon said:
[X] Rinsemon Write-In

Your fingers flash through the hand signs as the air around you fills with puffs of smoke, a half dozen shadow clones materializing around you, grinning with anticipation, your anticipation, your hungry desire to drag Sasuke back home where he belongs.

I will bring him back. Even if I have to break him.
Thank you for making this as creepy as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back