• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Bad Faith Quest

Lyra "Silvertongue" Belacqua, of The Golden Compass.

[X] Enlightening conversation in five, four, three...

Urgh. Robe fittings. If this is what it's like with magic, you can't imagine how dull the muggle equivalent must be. You've found that those of them who don't die on their first run through your dreamscape are never in the same clothes twice; they must spend hours standing around getting their shirts and trousers altered.

"Hello," a tall, lean boy in violet underrobes says, stepping up onto the platform next to yours and shrugging on a black outerrobe. "Starting at Hogwarts?"

"Yeah," you reply, sizing him up. "Fourth year?"

"Fifth, actually." He holds out a hand. "Shukra Rajnish."

"Draco Malfoy," you say, shaking it. The eyelid twitch of recognition that people always get when you give your name... doesn't appear.

[X] Oh, isn't that great, a mudblood. -_- Where's the bathroom so you can wash off the fail?

[X] Well it's nice to know someone can hear your name and not immediately think of your dad. You love the guy and everything, but Christ, gets a little old, you know?

Book-canon, not movie-canon. There aren't any identifying marks on his robes. You can ask him if you like.

[X] Well it's nice to know someone can hear your name and not immediately think of your dad. You love the guy and everything, but Christ, gets a little old, you know?

[X] Well it's nice to knowsomeonecan hear your name and not immediately think of your dad. You love the guy and everything, but Christ, gets a little old, you know?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mou, no one wants to play the asshole bigot route?

I'm fine with being an asshole. Actually, I WANT to be an asshole. I just think it would be more interesting to do it in some other way.

I prefer simply being an asshole to being an asshole that hides behind prejudice.

... not to mention that we just rolled a five on the encounter table... five means deity, right?

lets not be an asshole to this guy.

FurikoMaru said:
Lyra "Silvertongue" Belacqua, of The Golden Compass.

I think you should go ahead and include her. Because that book was awesome. And anyone who isn't familiar with it should go read it.

/I'm totally not writing this because I'm hoping we end up getting that knife later.

[X] Oh, isn't that great, a mudblood. -_- Where's the bathroom so you can wash off the fail?

lets get ROBed

R.A.G. said:

Sure, why not. You can't always take the "safe" option.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind being a dick, i just don't want to be a dick specifically to muggles.

there's a whole world of people out there who aren't English, why would we need to discriminate against the ones who are?

Ardion Prosili said:
/spittake

NO LET THEM HAVE THEIR GOOD ENDING ;A; DONT RIP THE WORLDS

Fuck Pullman and Will both; one of them Fridged her and the other supplanted her as the main character. Neither of them deserve her. If I brought her in it'd be from the point she crosses over in the Arctic.

I see no reason why you shouldn't bring her in. I mean, clearly there are plenty of people in this thread familiar with the series (and for what it's worth I liked book one better than the others as well)

"Always nice to meet a future underclassman," Rajnish says, smiling. "What house are you hoping for, then?"

"I think my grandfather would die of shame if I end up anywhere other than Slytherin," you say drily. "So fingers crossed for Gryffindor," you add, grinning.

He laughs. "I can think of a few people over there who'd be gratified to have you - they do so love to make pets of poor refugees from the Dark."

"I'll bet they do," you reply, torn between amusement and disgust.

Madam Malkin clears her throat, and Rajnish raises his arms obligingly. "Well, assuming your relationship with your grandfather improves, I do hope you'll give Slytherin another chance. Your sense of humour would be quite wasted on the Lions."

"I'll keep it in mind."

Jokes aside, you don't harbour many illusions about the sacred wisdom of the Sorting Hat; even if it isn't literally Godric Gryffindor's hat, it's still a hat that's presumably within Dumbledore's reach the other 364 days of the year. The wonder would be if it weren't charmed to keep Slytherin families in Slytherin to quarantine any wizard with a functioning survival instinct. It would certainly explain why everyone who stood against the Dark Lord came from the other houses.

Still, even if you end up in the traditional Malfoy house, it's good to know your tolerable housemates won't boil down to just Blaise and Nott.

You engage Rajnish in a discussion of Quidditch, and are surprised to discover he's played Seeker for the Slytherin team for the past two Cup-winning years.

"I don't believe I can manage it this year, though," he says ruefully. "I need to devote more time to my studies."

"You can put in a good word for me, then," you reply. Seeker isn't your preferred position (Chaser is more your speed), but a foot in the door is a foot in the door.

"Didn't you read your letter?" Rajnish waggles a finger at you in mock disapproval. "First years aren't allowed on the team."

[X] "Well, your Captain Flint ain't seen me play yet, has he?"

[X] "I'm sure Professor Snape and Father can come to some sort of mutually-beneficial agreement."

-----

Man, this is fun. I should have written grey!Slytherin fanfiction years ago. Please note that the opinions of a Slytherin-reared spoiled brat do not necessarily reflect the views of the author (a Hufflepuff-reared spoiled brat).

No need to rely on pops for the small stuff.

Let's see that Spike!Arrogance, rather than Malfoy!Arrogance. It's more fun to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back