• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Blacksmith quest

Liam-don said:
Right, let's do a dice roll.

dice_warn.gif
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d10 : 1, total 1

Okay. Well, that's that.
Archer trips and falls on the girl killing them both. Bad end! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, when I thought it up, it was more, Shirou uses Archer's instincts so... high ground for best visibility. Plus he wouldn't let some girl run off since he was summoned near her.

Obviously she's somehow important.
No really, she has to. Standard logic.

I thought this would stay short and sweet, with updates I would write in under a hour. I was wrong.

[X]What's going on anyway?

Shirou struggles a moment to find words that would convince her to stay with him, until finally giving it up as hopeless. He didn't have his groove on just yet.

He'd let his actions speak for him.

"Don't get so close to me, you creep." She snipes as they exit side by side.

He ignores her, too busy taking in the situation.

Ruined buildings as far as his eyes could see. From small residential units to skyscrapers, all shattered by heavy bombardments. The ruins have settled, all the buildings that would collapse have done so, spilling their top floor onto the streets. This is an old battlefield, scarred to the bone and left to rot.

A murdered megalopolis, and not just any. The tattered signs are the first clue and soon after he recognizes several landmarks.

This is Shinjuku's corpse. The heart of Tokyo, brought to ruins long ago and never rebuilt.

His face hardens as he understands the magnitude of the carnage that took place here. There's no room for lightness in his heart now.

But he can do nothing about the past. What matter is the atrocities committed right now. He runs up to the tallest building still standing and slides into an adjacent alley. Her eyes on him and he'd rather she be the only one to see what he's about to do.

Without braking stride, he runs directly at the wall and kicks at it. He bounces upward, clearing several stories with a single push. Another sends him higher still and he becomes a blur as he ascends. She follows his shadow with comically larges eyes, his display leaving her witless.

His position from the top of the building is as good as he hoped, high and clear enough that he can survey all the battlefield. He's a small point to the woman all the way down, but she strain her eyes to look at him.

He scans the battlefield, taking in the conflict and quickly understanding the situation. He doesn't let the novelty of mini-mechas as serious warmachines slows his survey, but evaluates their performances and understands their role. Mobility oriented assault units with light armor plating and a scaled-up, antitank submachine gun as their main weaponry. They take the lead in urban warfare, relegating tanks to long range support. Lightly armed choppers for air support, probably for police use rather than combat. Infantry for rooting out unarmed civilians and slaughter them to the man.

This isn't a combat, this is a purge.

Unforgivable.

At one end of the battle field, a three story, purple, armored vehicle stands behind several squad of tank and mechs. A thick tainted window takes up its top floor front, and he sees through it with no difficulty. Men in elaborate dress uniform pour over a table and yell out orders and a young blond man watching over the scene from his throne. The command post.

A single red mech somehow climbs a building with the aid of a single large anchor and defeats a blue unit with a single punch. What he assumes to be the cockpit block instantly ejects via rocket boosters. He appropriately lowers his estimation of the mechs' overall weight, durablity and threat level. His most trifling swords would make short work of them.

Soon after, a helicopter is downed, a company of tanks drive right into the sights of a few rocket launchers, and the blue mechs turn on each other. There are insurgeant somewhere in this place and they've appropriated resources from the enemy. The tides of the battle reverses, and the army is quickly getting slaughtered. Whoever leads the defender has a solid grasp of tactics and probably an ear on the enemy's communication.

... Now that he thinks about it, taking a radio from the dead soldier might have been a capital idea. He really is off his game.

No matter, he understands the situation well enough. Unless command steps up its game or ask for reinforcement, the mechanized force is done for. The infantry however, is still performing its bloody business freely

An instant, he considers his options.

[]Assist the insurgeants. Once they finish with the mechs surely they'll turn to the infantry.
[]Innocents are dying right now. Focus on saving them.
[]There may be a good reason for this slaughter. He should find out before involving yourself. ( Suggest how)
[]He doesn't know who's right and who's wrong, but he doesn't care. Murder everything that fights and let God sorts them out.
[]Take out the command post. Surely the aggressors will retreat if their chain of ommand is destroyed.
[]Write-in

How discrete should he be? His battle garb is sure to draw attention.

[]Strike from the shadows and no demonstration of supernatural powers. Guns and rocket launchers will do the job just as well.
[]Screw discretion. Swords! Swords everywhere!
[]He'll protect his identity at least. Put on a mask or something.
[]Write-in

There's still the green haired girl to consider.
[]...?

Tempted to just destroy the command post but innocents should come first for us.

[X] Innocents are dying right now. Focus on saving them.

[X] He'll protect his identity at least. Put on a mask or something.

No idea on the last one.

CHANGED
[ x ] Innocents are dying right now. Focus on saving them.

[ x ]He'll protect his identity at least. Put on a mask or something.

[ x ] The green haired girl doesn't appear to be part of the aggressor's. Ask her what exactly is going on, if she knows, and offer aid in escaping the 'battlefield' with the other innocents.

[X]He'll protect his identity at least. Put on a mask or something.

[X] The green haired girl doesn't appear to be part of the aggressor's. Ask her what exactly is going on, if she knows, and offer aid in escaping the 'battlefield' with the other innocents.

->[X] A strip of cloth or an over-sized scarf turned burka seems the simplest thing.

[X] Information is life. Ask green-hair for the basics, but keep it fast. There's work to be done.
->[X] If she wants to follow, there isn't any point in stopping her, but if she can't die, then she can't be saved. So she's not important.

If we want to get involved with CC and Zero we can do so later. Worse comes to worse, there's little chance of any version of Shiro just ignoring a group claiming to be Seigi no Mikata.

Changing to Decapitation in a latter vote.

[X] Saving innocents one by one is inefficient. But behead the snake, and the chain of command will disintegrate. Fire something explosive into the command center.

[X] Take out the command post. Surely the aggressors will retreat if their chain of command is destroyed.
edit: - - [X] Use something... explosive.

[ x ] Innocents are dying right now. Focus on saving them.

[ x ] Strike from the shadows and no demonstration of supernatural powers. Guns and rocket launchers will do the job just as well.

[ x ] The green haired girl doesn't appear to be part of the aggressor's. Ask her what exactly is going on, if she knows, and offer aid in escaping the 'battlefield' with the other innocents.

[X] Take out the command post. Surely the aggressors will retreat if their chain of command is destroyed.
- - [X] Use something... explosive.

- - [X] Use something... explosive.

Five for going in the thick of thing and 4 for the decapitating strike.

And I just noticed the second set of option might be confusing. Basically, it comes down to how much you want to hide your identity and abilities.

[]Conceal them completely, making it so people attribute your action to the insurgent
[]Show yourself, but hide your identity. Sword and bow are okay, but no rain of blades or anything blatantly magical.
[]Go all out.

I won't update in a while, so feel free to amend your vote.

And think of the C² ;_;

Well.. a single SWORD that explodes is good enough to deal with the command center, then you can go play with CC.

It's less what I want and more that there's very few votes dealing with her. But you're right, if you go for a quick take down, you won't be going anywhere.

[X] Leadership Decapitation Shot. It's the Kiritsugu thing to do.

[X] No other magic beyond that. Play normal.

[X] Ask Greenie if she knows of any safe place you can move people that need saving to.

Edit: this is a vote change.

Further Edit: Oops, my snarky comment got taken seriously. I keep forgetting that can happen.

(x) Destroy the command post
(x) Swords! Swords EVERYWHERE!

[X] The green haired girl doesn't appear to be part of the aggressor's. Ask her what exactly is going on, if she knows, and offer aid in escaping the 'battlefield' with the other innocents.

[X]Show yourself, but hide your identity. Sword and bow are okay, but no rain of blades or anything blatantly magical.

[X]Innocents are dying right now. Focus on saving them.
[X]Strike from the shadows and no demonstration of supernatural powers. Guns and rocket launchers will do the job just as well.

Yeah, I'm gonna change my vote. Plan for Everything!

[ x ] Leadership Decapitation Shot. It's the Kiritsugu thing to do.
-[ x ] Then focus on evacuating civilians, there's no guarantee the soldiers will stop on their own.

(wonder if we'll catch Lelouch with that shot while he's in the command center, it would derail everything magnificently)

[ x ] Show yourself, but hide your identity. Sword and bow are okay, but no rain of blades or anything blatantly magical.
-[ x ] Possibly excepting the 'Leadership Decapitation Shot'.

-[ x ] She knows you're not "normal", then again neither is she. Keep an eye on her just in case.

Okay, I get why people think the decapitaion strike is a good idea and even accept it as a valid course of action.

What i don't get is how anyone could think "It's the Kiritsugu thing to do." could in any way, shape or form be an arguement for that course of action.

We are Emiya "I'm gonna save everyone!" Shirou, who just came back from an ideal reaffirming experience, that made us stop trying to kill ourselves, even though we were doomed to keep killing people for all of eternity.
And now, that we were, miraculously, saved from this fate, the first thing that comes to people's mind is: "You know, what would be a great idea right now? To kill ten in order to save a hundred!"

People aren't even trying to argue "It's the course of action that saves the most lives."
No.
People seem quite content to kill the minority for the majority, because that trenchcoat wearing badass did it, too.

[X]Strike from the shadows and no demonstration of supernatural powers. Guns and rocket launchers will do the job just as well.

No demonstrating magical abilities. Not Here, of all worlds!

We don't want to bring down the wrath of all those Other Weird Magical crap this world has to offer, do we?

Also, EMIYA using explosives and guns to slaughter people? Much more interesting than seeing him use Swords. After all, that way, he has his swords as a hidden ace to draw on when it becomes Truly necessary.

Pacifist run in the Geassverse? Tell me more, it sounds utterly fascinating.

Also, a tie. I guess I'll let the dice decides.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d2 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Well, we are trying to be a better hero than we were, sooooo...

He was never exposed as a magic user for using his more destructive Noble Phantasms on the battlefield. Simply put, his method of delivery was too fast to be accurately caught by even the most advanced surveillance equipment. Investigation generally attributed the disproportionate speed and destructive capacity to 'experimental man-portable coilguns', or other futuristic weapons.

A single arrow to the command post would shatter the army's chain of command, turning this battle into a rout and cementing the insurgent's victory. He seriously consider the option before jumping off the roof.

In the end, he just knows too little about the situation to take out a big shot. There would be repercussions to such an act and it's unlikely he'd be the only one to feel them. In his haste, he might end up make things worst on the greater scale.

Besides, he's not naïve enough to think there is no possible justfication for whatever is happening here.

He'll still put a stop to it.

The ground shatters beneath his feet and he winces as the shock reverbetrates through his bones. Mortal again, he reminds himself. He'll have to rethink his methods.

Greenie is ready to bolt but she stands her ground, like she's stumbed across a tiger in the jungle and she fears it'll pounce the moment she turns her back to it.

She's a inhuman existence but she doesn't carry herself with the arrogance of creatures who think themselves as above humans. If she represents a danger, it's one several levels below the battle around taking place here.

"So, immortal?" He asks conversationally.

She nods uneasily.

"This battle will be over soon. Hide or keep up with me, the decision is yours." That said, he runs toward the sound of gunfire as as fast as his legs can carry him.

Becoming a fugitive in his home country would be a poor way to begin a second life, so he projects a large scarf in the shade of his coat and wraps it over his face.

Kanshou and Bakuya materialize in his hands and he comes down on a squad of soldiers like a vengeful wraith. Just as his swing is about to connect with a soldier still completely unaware of his presence, it seizes him.

It is foolish, the wish of a hopelessly naive child. He should know better. He does know better, but the silhouette of the boy flashes in his mind, along with his most sacred oath.

The blades flash through, but only backs and pommels connect. The soldier crumble all the same, but they still breath.

"What? Who are you?"

"No time." He says quickly. "Come with me if you want to live."

It's not just a matter of protecting them. He can't let them think about how he only kocked out the men who murdered their friends, loved ones, and were about to kill them too. They won't be as merciful as you.

But there's more soldiers to stop and he can't afford yourself to slow down. He can only hope they put more importance on survival than vengeace.

He moves through the battlefield like an unstoppable force, leaving a trail of broken bodies for the people to follow. In a matter of minutes, He has disabled every footmen on the battlefield but it takes much longer for those he's left behind to catch up. They watch him with a mix of fear and awe, those people who owe him their life.

He's somewhat surprised to see Greenie leading them.

"Battle is over, like you said."

"The insurgants won?"

"Draw, actually. The Japanese resistance put up quite a fight, but a super Knightmare Frame cleaned their clock all by itself before turning back."

He shrugs. So long as the battle's over, he's satisfied.

The woman walk up to him and stare in his eyes. " I've been around for quite a while, but I've never met anyone like you." She carelessly pass her hand over Bakuya's edge, showing no pain when it comes out bloody. "Those big swords of yours are sharp enough, so I wonder why not one Brittanian was cut down. You must be one hell of an idiot."

"The biggest," he admits with a foolish smirk.

She sighs. "I am C.C. You are?"

Thoughts explode in his mind, places and people he's never seen before. There is something more to this question, something very important.

[]"I am Emiya Shirou, a humble butler."
[]"Shirou Archer, a simple highschool teacher."
[]"Simon von Einzbern, Knight of the Holy Empire of Britannia."
[]"I'm nobody, really. Just call me Archer."

[X] "I'm nobody, really. Just call me Archer for now."

[trololol] Gilgamesh, King of Heroes. Its my destiny to discipline mankind.

[X]"I'm nobody, really. Just call me Archer."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back