• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic

about a virus that's just about as deadly as the fucking flu of all things.
... oh, for fuck's sake. We've been here before.

Repeatedly.

COVID is not "just about as deadly as the... flu." It's about 40-50 times deadlier. Its effects are also not limited to just "you die or you get better." Lingering effects, possibly permanent ones, and organ damage, particularly to the heart, lungs, and brain, are common.

COVID is not a fucking joke.

It's easy for people who haven't personally lost anyone to it to sneer at it. Poland had been doing okay til just recently, so idiots have been thinking it's no big deal. They've had a sharp upswing that could have them going full Florida if they aren't careful and instead of sitting around with their thumbs up their asses, the authorities there are actually doing something about it.

Michigan at least tried to do something about it.

Then a few weeks when the quarantine was over people bitched about it and wanted to put the governor or whatever out of office for the quarantine even when it helped and now since the rules are loosened you get people who don't wear a mast and can't actually follow any directions to save their life because they are all entitled little shits.

There are like weekly or daily reports however on the number of infected but of course those idiots don't give a shit because it's not them. And go onto make the situation worse.

Like the time when a bunch of 20-28 year olds threw a party after most of the restrictions were lifted and they all got covid for it.

Now there's hints of a damn second wave incoming so it's going to repeat all over again and people who heard about it are doing the same shit they did before and hording toilet paper when it just pisses people off.

COVID is not "just about as deadly as the... flu."
It's about 40-50 times deadlier.
~2-4 times at best, with 5 minutes of googling around.

WHO stats on influenza:
https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/influenza-(seasonal)

"Illnesses range from mild to severe and even death. Hospitalization and death occur mainly among high risk groups. Worldwide, these annual epidemics are estimated to result in about 3 to 5 million cases of severe illness, and about 290 000 to 650 000 respiratory deaths."

ECDC stats on Covid

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases
Since 31 December 2019 and as of 16 October 2020, 38 984 808 cases of COVID-19 (in accordance with the applied case definitions and testing strategies in the affected countries) have been reported, including 1 099 184 deaths.

So around twice the deaths I guess.

Its effects are also not limited to just "you die or you get better." Lingering effects, possibly permanent ones, and organ damage, particularly to the heart, lungs, and brain, are common.

I posted stats from respected organizations. You posted editorializing and alarmist articles.

COVID is a joke, and so are you.

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

Researchers from Columbia University recently estimated that only 1 in 12 cases of COVID-19 in the U.S. are documented, which they said would translate to an infection fatality rate of about 0.6%, according to The Washington Post. But even this lower estimate is still at least six times higher than that of the flu. (The case fatality rate in people who become sick with flu may be 0.1%, but when you account for people who become infected with flu but never show symptoms, the death rate will be half or even a quarter of that, the Post reported.)
So 2 to 3 times as high as the flu, at best. Whoop the fucking doo. Let's destroy our economy and lock everything down for the equivalent of a bad flu season.

It's easy for people who haven't personally lost anyone to it to sneer at it.
Because that almost never happens.

Last edited:
Got annoyed with increased restrictions here in Poland, about a virus that's just about as deadly as the fucking flu of all things.

If you don't wear a mask in public here now, you risk getting a big fine.

So, I bought a gas mask and started wearing it everywhere.

So help me God, if I'm forced to wear a mask like an idiot, I'm going to wear it like the biggest goddamn idiot around.
Based on prior behaviour, I am upgrading ATP's threadban to one month. Let it be said for the final time:

No. Conspiracy. Theories.

Random fearmongering such as he posted with zero substantiation will be taken as such. The next offender will be permanently removed from this thread. There will be no more warnings.
Gone.

sgZfqcP.jpg

So with the Coronavirus still going on And Halloween Coming up does anyone know if trick-or-treaters will be Allowed?

The best part of Halloween Is after Halloween When all the candy goes on discount because there's so much extra left:D

I watched from the front window of my house several times in a matter of a month of people in funeral attire going back and forth from the local cemetery. I have... a lot of mixed feelings when the younger kids point at them and ask me what are they doing, and why do they look sad. As an adult, how do you explain this topic to clueless children who are not ready for the proper and comprehensive scientific explanation yet?

I watched from the front window of my house several times in a matter of a month of people in funeral attire going back and forth from the local cemetery. I have... a lot of mixed feelings when the younger kids point at them and ask me what are they doing, and why do they look sad. As an adult, how do you explain this topic to clueless children who are not ready for the proper and comprehensive scientific explanation yet?
Found a couple of websites that talk about it-
https://crhcf.org/insights/how-to-explain-death-to-children/

https://childdevelopmentinfo.com/how-to-be-a-parent/communication/talk-to-kids-death/#gs.igs0hz
-and there's a load more you can easily look up. But I've never done it myself so I can't speak to the reliability of any of the advice. If you're not the parent you should probably discuss with them, but if you are- good luck?

Ah, unfortunately many of us have to earn a fucking living and can't live in a vault forever.

One person in my household has already lost her job because of this, and it has caused severe downsizing in the lifestyle of our already economically battered family.

We live in a Third World country, to boot.

The fact our public 'services' cut the water supply AT LEAST two days every week doesn't help dealing with the virus, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back