• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

FurikoMaru said:
Yes. She has an Inuzuka teammate and she managed to henge herself into a freaking proctor; inexperienced people are liable to believe she's perfected the henge to the point that she can do that. Experienced witnesses (Ibiki, one or two of the chuunin, Kankuro [because he was looking for it]) noticed the discrepancies between the timing of her henge reveal and Menka-Ino's and have concluded that Menka's an intelligent cat, maybe a summon animal.

And experienced people, not so much?

So the only people we actually need to worry about probably aren't fooled. Mist definitely isn't, Sand explicitly isn't, Oto is a mugs game, and as soon as people get back to their jounin-senseis, the jounin won't be fooled either.

Well, at least we've more or less got a ruling. "No, Ino can't do that, but people might think she can if they don't know better."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Having a plan =/ it's a good idea. You and I have been there before. We'll see what Kiba hoped for, but frankly this was still extremely stupid. If this were canon Gaara Kiba and everyone else in the room would be in deep shit.
If this were canon!Gaara Ino's briefing would have indicated he was a homicidal maniac.
Even now no one has warned them they are dealing with a jinch.
And Ino failed to pick up on Anko and that chuunin's hints.

You cannot blame someone for making decisions based on the information available to him.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Compared to having Lupin himself in his head?
No, our gunsmithing SAYS intermediate, but with Lupin a revolver goes down to one time slot. Pretty sure we have everything we need, and I doubt we can replicate Dante/Gaara's trick.
Lupin worked with a revolver.
That was a semiauto.
Larger magazine, faster reloading the works.
And if you can incorporate a custom storage seal into the magazine, you might manage an order of magnitude more storage capacity.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I didn't say we can't beat Gaara, Furiko even said a rock off is a valid option. I'm saying firearms probably won't be worth very much against Dante!Gaara even if we make better ones and loads of bullets.
I personally never expected firearms to be useful against Gaara.
Not with his canon Sand Armor.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Go watch the cutscene for Dante getting Pandora.
Speed is relative, and Pandora/Dante can be really damned fast. If nothing else apparently bullets are good enough against chunin, so says Furiko, but Gaara is well above that as it is. Plus there's the sand defense and general healing factor. So yeah. Worry.
Saw the video.
My point stands; Neji was comfortably outdoing those speed feats in canon, as was Lee.

And the healing factor is yet to be proven; Ino herself attributed it to the armor.
Certainly canon!Gaara was not known for an overt healing factor, nor was any other jinch besides Naruto.
Dante was, but that seemed to be more conceptual than actual healing.

Jury is still out there, seeing as there was no mention of bleeding on Gaara's part.
Even Naruto bleeds.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And experienced people, not so much?
So the only people we actually need to worry about probably aren't fooled. Mist definitely isn't, Sand explicitly isn't, Oto is a mugs game, and as soon as people get back to their jounin-senseis, the jounin won't be fooled either.
Well, at least we've more or less got a ruling. "No, Ino can't do that, but people might think she can if they don't know better."
Nope, you're missing Furiko's point.

The only people who know are Sand, and that's because Kankuro was watching.
None of the jounin-sensei were in the room at the time of Menka's henge, so they don't know, though they might suspect.
Mist don't know;remember they were GAPING at us? They certainly weren't watching Menka.
Sound? Unlikely as well, unless their sensors have sufficient range.

So against Sand, it's no longer a surprise, but might work against Mist and Sound.
FurikoMaru said:
A pistol. A Walther P38 isn't a revolver. Jigen and Zenigata use revolvers.
Huh.
Was judging from the front page of this thread, where he's using a revolver.
FurikoMaru said:
You just saw it in action. That was the other thing Kiba managed to accomplish.
Thank you for the clarification.
Now I want that bullet.

uju32 said:
If this were canon!Gaara Ino's briefing would have indicated he was a homicidal maniac.
Even now no one has warned them they are dealing with a jinch.
And Ino failed to pick up on Anko and that chuunin's hints.

You cannot blame someone for making decisions based on the information available to him.

I certainly can if it's a bad decision, which I think it was because Kiba is currently lucky to be alive.

Lupin worked with a revolver.
That was a semiauto.
Larger magazine, faster reloading the works.
And if you can incorporate a custom storage seal into the magazine, you might manage an order of magnitude more storage capacity.

Lupin has practically perfect memory and recognized the model of the gun. He knows what it is. And even if he didn't, he is not going to be getting insight on the chambering system from the bullet, least of all if instead of gunpowder it's launched by chakra.

I personally never expected firearms to be useful against Gaara.
Not with his canon Sand Armor.

And now they won't be a surprise against everyone else either.

Saw the video.
My point stands; Neji was comfortably outdoing those speed feats in canon, as was Lee.

Given what Furiko has been saying about speed, i.e. genin are not going supersonic bullcrap or whatnot, I would not count on that holding up here.

And the healing factor is yet to be proven; Ino herself attributed it to the armor.

Kiba's bullet pops out of the gash it tore in Gaara's gut, and falls to the floor.

Sure about that?

...Wait a second.

"Huh," you hear Gaara say over Lupin swearing violently in your head, "wasn't expecting that. Excellent strategy, kid; if I were anyone else that would almost definitely have worked."

Sniffing or Sniffling

If the former, that implies Akamaru is looking for the bullet fired at Kiba. Huh.

Certainly canon!Gaara was not known for an overt healing factor, nor was any other jinch besides Naruto.
Dante was, but that seemed to be more conceptual than actual healing.

....What on earth makes you think it's conceptual when conceptual stuff shows....pretty much never in DMC? Certainly not explicitly? Sometimes Dante gets hit and it heals up practically perfectly, him full and whole, other times (usually when he's really tired) it starts to wear on him.

He certainly bleeds like a stuck pig plenty of times.

Jury is still out there, seeing as there was no mention of bleeding on Gaara's part.
Even Naruto bleeds.

No, but seeing as there IS armor, would it be visible even if Gaara did bleed when the armor holds it in?

Nope, you're missing Furiko's point.

The only people who know are Sand, and that's because Kankuro was watching.
None of the jounin-sensei were in the room at the time of Menka's henge, so they don't know, though they might suspect.
Mist don't know;remember they were GAPING at us? They certainly weren't watching Menka.
Sound? Unlikely as well, unless their sensors have sufficient range.

So against Sand, it's no longer a surprise, but might work against Mist and Sound.

Yes, they will suspect. And seeing as we personally are done the prelims, that suspicion means we aren't catching them unawares.

More to the point, if Sand knows, then Sand will likely recognize Menka's actions as purposeful and searching for the bullet.

And if Gaara really did bleed, then yeah. Want the bullet. I wonder if genjutsu would let us make a clean grab?

I assume Gaara picked up the bullet?

He might just give it to us if we say what we want is to work on our bullet design.

uju32 said:
Huh.
Was judging from the front page of this thread, where he's using a revolver.
o_O ... no he isn't.

lupin-iii-16.jpg

Walter_HP_Speerwerke_1428.jpg

That's a Walther P38.

S%26W_Model_19-5_.357_Magnum.JPG

That's a S&W Model 19, a Magnum revolver. See the cylindrical womb for the bullets to rest in? That's what makes it a revolver; that thing goes around each time you fire. It 'revolves'.

MrGazzer said:
Now I really want to make a Dirty Harry joke.

Y'know, when I watched Dirty Harry I didn't think it lived up to the hype. Played the 'do you feel lucky' scenes pretty good, I'll give it that, just didn't feel as great as everyone said it was.

Other point: there is no way in hell Kiba actually expected Gaara to produce his own gun. If any bullet is a vital component of his plan, it's the one he fired.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
He might just give it to us if we say what we want is to work on our bullet design.
I really wouldn't be surprised if he gave it to us if we say we're hoping to use the bullet to deduce and exploit his One Weakness. Sure of himself and laid back is a nice combination. Might affect his reaction to us attempting to start a rock battle, though, but in that case it does give us the opportunity to claim that we discovered that his weakness is metal.

FurikoMaru said:
S%26W_Model_19-5_.357_Magnum.JPG

That's a S&W Model 19, a Magnum revolver. See the cylindrical womb for the bullets to rest in? That's what makes it a revolver; that thing goes around each time you fire. It 'revolves'.
it's called a Cylinder not a womb.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I certainly can if it's a bad decision, which I think it was because Kiba is currently lucky to be alive.
Agree to disagree then.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And now they won't be a surprise against everyone else either.
Firearms are not a surprise anyway
The major barrier to their adoption is that they have been limited to single-shot slow reload so far, something neither Kiba nor Gaara showed a way around.
Gaara's gun is capable of more, but he didn't display that.
So no, showing up with a multi-shot, fast reloading gun will still be one hell of a surprise to Sound and Mist.
More so will be showing up with a chakratech kevlar vest.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Given what Furiko has been saying about speed, i.e. genin are not going supersonic bullcrap or whatnot, I would not count on that holding up here.
We'll see.
But I saw that cutscene.
Even a normal human would dodge most of those projectiles barring the gatling gun.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
....What on earth makes you think it's conceptual when conceptual stuff shows....pretty much never in DMC? Certainly not explicitly? Sometimes Dante gets hit and it heals up practically perfectly, him full and whole, other times (usually when he's really tired) it starts to wear on him.
DMC 1.
Where he basically lifted himself through Alastor despite being impaled through the chest.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Yes, they will suspect. And seeing as we personally are done the prelims, that suspicion means we aren't catching them unawares.
More to the point, if Sand knows, then Sand will likely recognize Menka's actions as purposeful and searching for the bullet.
So?
Sand already know about Menka, so having him look around doesn't hurt us any.
The other teams can suspect, but they won't know.
Not unless Menka takes human form in front of them.

Frankly, I'm more inclined to have Menka go for the bullet that hit Kiba while we grab the one that hit Gaara.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And if Gaara really did bleed, then yeah. Want the bullet. I wonder if genjutsu would let us make a clean grab?
I assume Gaara picked up the bullet?
Textev is that it fell on the ground; I suspect if he was going to pick it up he would have grabbed it before regen pushed it out.
FurikoMaru said:
o_O ... no he isn't.*snip*
:-[
My apologies.
I can usually tell the difference between firearm types, but for some reason I never took a close look at the breech of the pistol in Lupin's hand.
And since the front end did look more like a revolver than an automatic....

[X] Don't Take Your Guns To Town

You give Menka a look, and he winks. Sniffing around, he begins the search as you follow the stretcher to the exit. "Make sure he gets a cute nurse, guys!"

"And keep Akamaru from licking the wound!" Ami adds.

"Your boyfriend's smarter than he looks," Gaara comments, strolling on over as though he doesn't have bloodstains down his shirt and the front of his pants. "Shame it's that special kind of smart that you get from being stupid most of the time."

"He's not my boyfriend," Ami says coldly.

The corners of his mouth twitch. "Gotcha." He looks back to watch Menka grab the bullet that hit him, and glances at you. "Man, for bein' stealth-girl you really aren't great at subtlety, are you?"

You wink. "C'mon, man, you're a ninja celebrity; I thought you'd be used to girls wanting samples of your blood to sigh over."

-_- And I thought the groupies back home were creepy for wanting locks of hair.

Gaara smirks. "Call it a hunch, but I really doubt you'll leave it at sighing."

It's then that Ami displaces Kiba as the biggest suicidal idiot on your team and steps between the two of you.

"How about you shove your hunches right up your ass and get back to your team, prettyboy?"

"Ami..." you say, offput, as Menka returns to your side.

[X] Let her be a big ol' hypocrite and use this time to examine the bullets before stowing them away.

[X] Tug on her braid. "Hey, ya mind? We're tryin' to foster intervillage relations, here."

[X] Laugh it off. "Ami... can it be that you're... jealous?" *hug from behind* "Oh, I knew you'd fall for me sooner or later! But what are we going to tell Sakkun?"

Well, update, but I'll post what's here before running off on something.

Torgamous said:
Other point: there is no way in hell Kiba actually expected Gaara to produce his own gun. If any bullet is a vital component of his plan, it's the one he fired.

That's certainly what I would expect, although I'm not discounting the possibility Kiba thinks there's something to be gained from what Gaara did.

More likely, although I'm not sure how he did it, something about that bullet is special. Or just for Gaara's blood.

I really wouldn't be surprised if he gave it to us if we say we're hoping to use the bullet to deduce and exploit his One Weakness. Sure of himself and laid back is a nice combination. Might affect his reaction to us attempting to start a rock battle, though, but in that case it does give us the opportunity to claim that we discovered that his weakness is metal.

Not....implausible, given how Ino thinks it's all about the sand.

uju32 said:
Firearms are not a surprise anyway

Really? A supersonic hunk of metal that is not thrown but instead propelled from ANOTHER hunk of metal they don't recognize the purpose of?

Dude, even Ino and Lupin don't agree with you. In the story post no less.

Lupin catches the drift of your thoughts and facepalms. If it doesn't work, there goes any chance of us pulling the same surprise.

What about the consequences if it does work? Suna will go ballistic. And Gaara could die! I mean, for some kind of sand-monster he seems like a pretty all right guy.

Well, go ahead and tell Kiba all that, as long as you don't mind telling Gaara too and ruining any chance of it working.

We'll see.
But I saw that cutscene.
Even a normal human would dodge most of those projectiles barring the gatling gun.

Then I take you're gnoring that missile launcher that fires off missiles so fast they streak around the arena and hit targets before all the toads even hit the ground?

The people in DMC move at normal speeds the same way Naruto ninja seem to.

They don't.

Dante and Vergil, in DMC3, sword fight fast enough to make a dome of water. Everyone pretty much moves at hyper-speed. And for the sake of style. Hell, Nero, who is way weaker than Dante, is still comfortably outperforming the best humanity could offer. And Dante makes him look like a chump against the same boss monsters.

DMC4, Dante's supposedly surpassed his father Sparda.

Even in gameplay any PC is perfectly capable of some truly INSANE speedblitz.

Take it from a fan of the series, everyone with demon heritage is insane. Dante and Vergil just more so.

DMC 1.
Where he basically lifted himself through Alastor despite being impaled through the chest.

He does that every game and bleeds like mad eat time. Dante being stabbed, usually by his own sword, just means it's time to save the world again.

I mean there's Dante PUNCHING Vergil's sword and embedding said sword in his knuckles, DMC4 where he is also nailed to a statue with Rebellion, DMC3's opening when he's gangbanged by a shitton of scythes and he keeps a few in his arm for stylish beatdowns....

He's injured, he bleeds, he just heals stupid fast.

So?
Sand already know about Menka, so having him look around doesn't hurt us any.
The other teams can suspect, but they won't know.
Not unless Menka takes human form in front of them.

Frankly, I'm more inclined to have Menka go for the bullet that hit Kiba while we grab the one that hit Gaara.

My point is they will know better in the future. Not know for sure, but know what to look for.

Textev is that it fell on the ground; I suspect if he was going to pick it up he would have grabbed it before regen pushed it out. :-[

Then why's the 'canon' text have us asking for it?

[X] Laugh it off. "Ami... can it be that you're... jealous?" *hug from behind* "Oh, I knew you'd fall for me sooner or later! But what are we going to tell Sakkun?"

FurikoMaru said:
[X] Don't Take Your Guns To Town
Johnny Cash.

FurikoMaru said:
You give Menka a look, and he winks. Sniffing around, he begins the search as you follow the stretcher to the exit. "Make sure he gets a cute nurse, guys!"
"And keep Akamaru from licking the wound!" Ami adds.
Heh.
Akamaru never gets any respect; comes from hanging out with Kiba.

FurikoMaru said:
"Your boyfriend's smarter than he looks," Gaara comments, strolling on over as though he doesn't have bloodstains down his shirt and the front of his pants. "Shame it's that special kind of smart that you get from being stupid most of the time."
"He's not my boyfriend," Ami says coldly.
Dude, badmouthing a guy to his teammates after putting him in the infirmary is not cool.
I'm assuming this is how we sound from the opposite side of the fence?
No wonder Tenten people strangers feel the itch to remodel our face with their fist.

Obvious choice is obvious, and also the most in character; a bit of a troll, is our girl.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Really? A supersonic hunk of metal that is not thrown but instead propelled from ANOTHER hunk of metal they don't recognize the purpose of?
Dude, even Ino and Lupin don't agree with you. In the story post no less.
You may not remember, but this issue has been covered multiple times, with Kiba when we were in the Academy, and most recently during our convo with Asuma.
We were up to two-shot guns as of our Nabiki mission.
And even then Nabiki's retainers recognized Kiba's hunting rifle.

Firearms are nothing new to shinobi, being used for hunting and such; they're just not combat worthy yet.
We intend to change that.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
The people in DMC move at normal speeds the same way Naruto ninja seem to.
They don't.
Uh, not really no.
Remember that firearms are effective weapons against demons and half-demons alike in the series.

Speaking as someone who played DMC 1&3, I don't really see the speed superiority.
And given that Furiko intends to tone down the speed feats of Naruto shinobi, you can be damn sure Dante is eating the same nerf bat.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
My point is they will know better in the future. Not know for sure, but know what to look for.
We're either not taking him into the finals anyway, or using him as a decoy for another strategy.
*shrug*

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Then why's the 'canon' text have us asking for it?
Permission I guess?
Conversational gambit?
Moot point.

Now's not a very good time for Ino's jokes, guys. Or at least, not that one. There's a lot of dangerous blood vessels in the thigh. Ifg
aara wasn't very, very good...

Even if I really want to sally back with 'But Ami, you like prettyboys!'

(x) Yes, yes, we'll have revenge and so forth. Seriously, you know guys are unbearable when they're recovering from wounds, right?

uju32 said:
Dude, badmouthing a guy to his teammates after putting him in the infirmary is not cool.
I'm assuming this is how we sound from the opposite side of the fence?
No wonder Tenten people strangers feel the itch to remodel our face with their fist.
Not quite, but close enough. It's how we're about to sound from the same side of the fence, too. Ami is all upset about how her teammate was shot and we're joking with the guy who shot him. Then we make fun of Ami for being mad at the guy who shot her teammate.

Sure, we've got more chances to smooth things over with her than we do with Gaara, but I expect this to be much more poorly received than our usual trolling. Not saying the other options are necessarily better, just a heads up.

Gaara grins.

Ami shoves your arms away, glares at you, and stalks off for the stairs.

Ouch.

"Damn," Gaara says, shaking his head, "you better hope meatball-head doesn't find out you're hitting on other women."

Temari's eyes are closed when the two of you get back onto the catwalk.

"Hey, sis. I won," Gaara says, giving her a peck on the cheek.

"What do I tell you guys every time we leave Suna?" she asks calmly.

"... try not to shoot people?" Gaara asks, wincing.

"Try not to shoot people. That's correct."

"He shot me first! Hell, I let him shoot me first so it would be fair!"

She takes a deep breath, and finally opens her eyes. Ignoring her brother, she turns to you.

"I'm sorry about him," she says. "Usually he's a better listener. Is your friend going to be okay?"

"Yeah," you say, "the bullet missed everything important."

"Of course it did! What, you thought I was gonna kill a kid?"

"Until five minutes ago I thought you wouldn't shoot a kid," Kankuro says coldly, without even looking at him, "so yeah, you can forgive us for wanting to see what else we were wrong about."

Gaara sticks his hands in his pockets. "Heh. What's the matter? Pissed off 'cause I knocked out the only other gunman in the exams before you got a chance to tangle with 'im?"

"Gaara?" Temari asks, glaring. "What's the other thing I tell you every time we leave Suna?"

"Oops." He grins. "Guess the cat's out of the bag, now."

"So is this what you guys do in Suna instead of apologizing?" you ask, amused. "Give people free intel?"

Before Temari can reply, the next match is announced.

Yuki Haku vs Rock Lee

[X] Focus on the fight.

[X] Chat up one of the Sand kids about non-fight-related stuff.
-> [X] Gaara
-> [X] Temari
-> [X] Kankuro

[X] Talk to someone else (Write in).

Well, that happened. We'll pay for it later. Might as well pick Gaara and Kankuro's brains about Suna gun production.

[x] "So mind telling me where the hell you got the designs for a M1911? I haven't even gotten someone to listen to me long enough to teach them about revolvers yet."

Whoa now. No need to go informing the enemy nation we're a reincarnation just yet.

They're currently an ally, and depending on what Orochimaru's up to they might even stay that way.

Still probably best not to indicate that we have some idea how to make our own, though, particularly not while also letting them know that nobody else in the village does. Guns aren't exactly nuclear weapons but I imagine it's still nice being the only power with models advanced enough to be useful in combat.

Well, Gaara has apparently really helped Sand's tech level- Because unless I'm reading this wrong, what he just gave away is that Kankuro is also a gun-user.

I hadn't thought that Dante had in-depth knowledge about gunsmithing, although he's a dab hand at using every gun in the history of ever.

Now, there are pros and cons to revealing our nature as a reincarnation... But while Dante is awesome, that's hardly the sort of thing you tell a guy on the first date. Especially when he hasn't even paid for dinner yet!

Or something.

uju32 said:
You may not remember, but this issue has been covered multiple times, with Kiba when we were in the Academy, and most recently during our convo with Asuma.
We were up to two-shot guns as of our Nabiki mission.
And even then Nabiki's retainers recognized Kiba's hunting rifle.

Firearms are nothing new to shinobi, being used for hunting and such; they're just not combat worthy yet.
We intend to change that.

Ino and Lupin say, just now, "Damn it, our element of surprise will be ruined and we won't be able to use it," and you're just gonna ignore that?

H'okay then.

Uh, not really no.
Remember that firearms are effective weapons against demons and half-demons alike in the series.

The only person who comes even close to counting with regards to this is Lady. She lands one clean shot on Dante IIRC, when he's pretty much dicking around. Never lands another, doesn't even mar his face for more than a moment. Don't think she even had penetration She's pretty much completely outclassed. And I do not buy her being fully human, or her abilities being entirely natural. She gets stabbed in the leg, all the way through, and she's walking and fighting on it for the rest of the day. I don't think she ever fights more than the weakest Pride demons either. Also, Kalina Anne? The bottomless rocket launcher? Hooooo boy.

Anything wielded by Dante or Vergil gets thrown out. Ebony and Ivory are straight up enchanted in some manner. They never run out of ammo by some means, for starters. Even in cutscenes. Lady reloads, sometimes. Nero, once. E&I, never. And anything else in their hands is susceptible because.....they're sons of Sparda. Enough said they have power to BURN. Man, DMC4...Need to get going, I'll try to toss a link later.

Nobody who shows up in the DMC games is representative of a normal human baseline. Except maybe Kyrie from DMC4, and she doesn't do anything worth noting.

Speaking as someone who played DMC 1&3, I don't really see the speed superiority.

DMC3 is Dante and Vergil at their weakest and they still move at supersonic speeds. DMC4 has Dante pretty much Flash Step Nero when Nero looks the other way and Dante feels like doing it.

And given that Furiko intends to tone down the speed feats of Naruto shinobi, you can be damn sure Dante is eating the same nerf bat.

I'd be more confident of that were Lupin not being so obscene here.

Also, back when we could have chosen Dante, Furiko said Ino would have his strength. Here's one example of Dante's strength. And incidentally durability. Link from DMC4, near ending, so....

Yeeeeeeah. You should probably go watch DMC4's cutscenes. That's pretty much one long love letter to how badly Dante kicks everyone's ass. It gets pretty ridiculous.

Especially Dante's last boss battle, oh lord. They pretty much have to come up with a plot designed to keep Dante from just steamrolling everyone.

We're either not taking him into the finals anyway, or using him as a decoy for another strategy.
*shrug*

Or accepting that the cat's out of the bag at this point. Seriously, Menka's cover is pretty much a lost cause because it's no longer a surprise. It's not a done deal, but it's officially compromised.

In summary: hope Gaara has yet to grow into his power or that he'll never reach his former heights. Dante kicked the King of Hell's ass in DMC1 and he only got stronger.

Vindictus said:
Well, Gaara has apparently really helped Sand's tech level- Because unless I'm reading this wrong, what he just gave away is that Kankuro is also a gun-user.

I hadn't thought that Dante had in-depth knowledge about gunsmithing, although he's a dab hand at using every gun in the history of ever.

Now, there are pros and cons to revealing our nature as a reincarnation... But while Dante is awesome, that's hardly the sort of thing you tell a guy on the first date. Especially when he hasn't even paid for dinner yet!

Or something.
Dante being decent at gunsmithing makes sense when you think about it. it would have been more cost effective for him to maintain his own weapons because his finances were likly constantly in shambles.

Silversun17 said:
Dante being decent at gunsmithing makes sense when you think about it. it would have been more cost effective for him to maintain his own weapons because his finances were likly constantly in shambles.

I assumed he just used whatever demon-magics let him have unlimited ammo haxx to just keep the guns in perfect condition "because magic".

If we accept the theory that Dante's weapons actually need maintanence, it would make sense for him to learn how to maintain them though.

Silversun17 said:
His credit is fucked up like your mom after Labour Day.

Re: Speed: I just don't see any need to assume shinobi are intended to be that fast canonically. Manga-ka don't worry about that stuff, generally; all that matters for storytelling purposes is how the speeds of the characters relate to one another. Lupino has such high speed-stats because in her home universe, she's in the top tier for speed; Gaante has crazy speed and strength stats because he's a fucking freight train in his world of origin; [SOMEONE] has always had a perfect balance of Yin and Yang chakra because of his spiritual awareness in his former life, meaning learning senjutsu would be a fucking cakewalk for him if he ever gets interested; and so on.

They all have to worry about each other, not because I actually think they're all on the same level taken straight from their respective canons, but because when you adjust them all from Top Tier in their worlds to what I'm using as the Top Tier in this Naruto AU, they're all powerful enough to cause problems for each other, if so inclined.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
In summary: hope Gaara has yet to grow into his power or that he'll never reach his former heights. Dante kicked the King of Hell's ass in DMC1 and he only got stronger.
Furiko addressed this after your post.
And as for Menka, as long as they don't have definitive proof, I'm happy,because they have to expend time and effort to plan for being wrong. A little uncertainty is a wonderful thing.

[X] Focus on the fight.
You can talk during the intermission; this is Lee-sempai's fight, after all.

So Kankuro is a gunman as well?
Makes sense.
Which gives his puppets extended range capability in addition to the other stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back